Search Unity

[Released] Visual State Machine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ilumisoft, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ilumisoft

Ilumisoft

We are happy to present to you our new editor extension for Unity: Visual State Machine

With Visual State Machine you can create State Machines for every Game Object you want, directly in the Editor! Do you want to control the flow of your UI or need to implement different state conditions for your player or the enemies? Visual State Machine helps you out! Boost your progress and accelerate your workflow!

FEATURES

• Create state machines visually in the editor - Visual State Machine allows you to create a StateMachine for every Game Object you want by providing to you an easy and intuitive GUI
    • Define callbacks directly in the inspector - Set up callback methods when a state or transition has been entered or exited directly in the inspector to setup your game logic faster than ever
    • Native design - With its easy to use and intuitive design, Visual State Machine looks and feels like being an integrated part of Unity, making you feel directly home
    • Speedup your development - With Visual State Machine you will need less time developing games and improve your workflow immediately
    • Easy to use - Visual State Machine comes with a handy documentation and several example scenes to get you started right away
    • Full source code access - The complete source code of the package is included
    MEDIA

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4.png

DOWNLOAD-LINK

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/157252

We would love to hear your feedback and to answer any question you might have!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  2. iddqd

iddqd

Hi

This is a perfect and easy to use asset!

I have one issue with it at the moment. In this example, State 1 is unable to Trigger testTrigger. It seems like when in OnEnterState, you're still in the previous state and have not fully switched.

Could you please take a look at this?

Thank you.

upload_2020-11-9_22-0-30.png

3. Ilumisoft

Ilumisoft

Hi there,
    thanks for your feedback! You are totally right, due to the internal execution order of the StateMachine, the OnEnterState event is triggered first.
    I've issued an update, changing that behaviour and allowing to trigger transitions right from OnEnterState. It is currently in submission and will probably be available the following days :)

iddqd likes this.
  4. iddqd

iddqd

Great, thanks a lot for the quick fix!

5. iddqd

iddqd

Hi again - is there a way to make your state machine work in prefabs?

6. Ilumisoft

Ilumisoft

VSM Prefab Example.jpg

Hi, you probably refer to the following message, which is shown on prefab instances.
    Actually you can still edit the graph, but you need to go into prefab mode and make the changes directly on the prefab itself. This is in order to prevent graph conflicts between prefab instances and the prefab.
    I will adjust the warning in the next update to make that more clear! :)

7. iddqd

iddqd

Aha, I'm sorry then it works perfectly fine. I was opening the State Machine Graph from the Prefab without adding it to the Scene and then the Graph wouldn't show up at all. But double clicking the Prefab is what I should have done, sorry for the confusion. Very happy this works!

(Finally left you a review btw.)

Last edited: May 11, 2021