Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Vertex Tools Pro – Heightbased PBR Material Blending, Flowmapping and Mesh Deform

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PitHeimes, Feb 12, 2016.

1. stepka

stepka

Hi @PitHeimes! Getting an error in SpeedTree_Leaf_VTP shader: Unexpected identifier "o". Expected one of: ',' ';', line 388.
    Unity 2018.1.5f1
    Thanks!

2. stepka

stepka

Hi @PitHeimes! Texture assistant does not generate packed combined map properly. I found a fix - in generatePackedCombinedTexture function, SelectedChangeTextureFormatSettings function should change the format to TextureImporterCompression.Uncompressed, NOT TextureImporterCompression.Compressed.

3. GlassBearStudio

GlassBearStudio

Hey @PitHeimes I just bought your product and I have a questiuon regarding emissive texture, When I combine the maps the emmisive color information gets lost and I can only change the color to white..is there any way I could fix this so that It maintains the emissive texture information?

4. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Unfortunately that is one of the limitations of packing textures into a single file. The emission map is stored in the alpha channel and therefore converted to greyscale.

5. lamwz

lamwz

您好@PitHeimes Vertex Tools Pro是否支持光烘焙?我使用vtp / v2 / tesselation / metallic的着色器,但是在某些地方烘焙的效果会很暗,这与实时照明的效果完全不同。我这样做是不对的,拜托?烘焙时你需要注意什么?

6. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Hey, I Google-translated this to:
    Hi PitHeimes Does Vertex Tools Pro support light baking? I use the vtp / v2 / tesselation / metallic shader, but in some places the effect of baking will be very dark, which is completely different from the effect of real-time lighting. I am not doing this right, please? What do you need to pay attention to when baking?

I hope this is really what you were asking :)

Baking should work fine. How does your bake look, when you use Unity's standard shader? Is it dark as well? Maybe you have overlapping UVs on your mesh - in that case you could try checking "Generate Lightmap UVs" in the import settings of your meshes or author custom lightmap UVs in your 3d-application. If none of these work, please send images of your scene that demonstrate the issue.

I tried to Google-translate this response back to chinese, in case English doesn't work for you. I hope I'm not telling complete nonsense here:

我试图谷歌 - 将此回复翻译回中文。我希望我不会在这里说完全废话:

烘烤应该工作正常。当您使用Unity的标准着色器时,您的烘焙效果如何?它也是黑暗的吗?也许你的网格物体上有重叠的UV - 在这种情况下,您可以尝试在网格物体的导入设置中检查“生成光照贴图UV”,或者在3d应用程序中创建自定义光照贴图UV。如果这些都不起作用,请发送演示该问题的场景图像。

7. Oliver_N

Oliver_N

Hi,
    I'm working on footstep sounds for my character on objects painted with VTP, how do I read what value the different rgb channels have on the material? I have painted different levels of sand on an object and I want to modify the footstep sound depending on the sand level.
    Thanks.

8. lo-94

lo-94

Is this asset still supported? Saw some negative reviews regarding usage with 2018 versions of Unity. Figured I'd just ask

9. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

We had a couple of weeks where support wasn't as great as we wished it was. I addressed it in this post here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...g-and-mesh-deform.385577/page-11#post-3518498
    There I also said that we are monitoring what Unity is doing in terms of texture blending and that is still the case.
    But yes, the asset is supported, so if you have an issue you can reach us here or via email and we try to help.
    Note that our shaders are not working with SRP out of the box, but HDRP has a layered shader that can be used and painted with VTP (though it works a bit differently than our shader).

10. snoops3d

snoops3d

Hello Im considering purchasing your asset for a specific project that is being authored in unity 2018, reading your last post I cannot use your plugin with unity standard rendering pipeline? I have to switch to the preview HDRP? The project is currently in the standard rendering pipeline and Im not sure I can change it

11. recon0303

recon0303

Hi Pit I been a long time supporter, I really hope you keep VTP. as I personally don't like much of what Unity releases anyways.... like UGUI, I still use NGUI, Unity 2d stuff...I still use 2d tool kit... I like many assets better than much of what Unity makes that are like an asset... So I do understand if you decide to drop VTP, I just hope you atleast get it working for 2018 + for the new rendering pipe line. as we been using it for our new Steam game and plan to possible upgrade to the new rendering once Unity get things in order. if that happens by the time we release. So I really hope you keep VTP around for a bit. I know the new rendering pipe line has a ways to go still. So I guess we will see.

12. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Hey, I think that was a misunderstanding. Our shader doesn't work with HDRP, but everything should work with the normal / built-in pipeline (the "old" one).

We hope to keep it as well. Right now, as the new scriptable pipelines are constantly evolving it's hard to say how things will be in the near future, especially because it all has that "preview" feel to it.

13. recon0303

recon0303

Yup, I just keep seeing asset dropping due to what Unity is doing, as I can understand the thinking.. I just want to be clear, just because Unity releases it don't mean its going to be good. haha. I hated UGUI for the longest time, I stuck with NGUI due to this reason

I really like VTP a lot. personally...

14. superkratos

superkratos

Hi, I don't know if this will work but I'm using the latest 2.12 version and I've got two many errors about substance support..
    Can you give me a solution? I'm using Unity 2018.1.2f1, by the way..

15. ReReMe

ReReMe

I'm getting this issue as well.

VTP used to work for our last project in Unity 2017. Problem is that we are now experimenting with a new project in Unity 2018.2 and we are getting bunch of errors like this one plus around 5 of these issues-
    Assets/VertexToolsPro/Editor/Windows/VT_window.cs(2928,3): error CS0841: A local variable `sI' cannot be used before it is declared

I have tried creating a new and clean Unity project and testing VTP on that and getting the same errors again. Can you confirm if Unity 2018 is supported? I'm installing the latest package of VTP with Unity 2018.2.6f1

Thanks

16. castor76

castor76

This asset needs to keep up the support for 2018, with Substance... currently being featured as sponsored ads in Unity face book.

17. HalDevOne

HalDevOne

How is the VTP workflow with LODs?

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi there,

I'm looking to use your flow mapping tool with a custom shader I'm making with ASE. Do you happen to know what channel(s) the flow map data are stored in, so I can expose them in ASE?

Thanks!

19. DeepShader

DeepShader

Any news? There's no update since April '18 which looks a little bit unsupported. No (real) 2018 integration, still no Substances, no news about SRP or HDRP support.

So what's going on?

I think this is an absolute no go for a profession Asset. Developer who use this Asset can't stop the production for month, to hope there'll come an update.

So please tell us when there will be a working update for 2018, substances, SRP, ...

Thank you.

recon0303 and Too-Nerd-To-Die like this.
  20. TotalGameAssets

TotalGameAssets

Does this work with Unity 2018.3.0f1?
    Currently on the lookout for a shader to blend standard materials together using vertex colours or splat map..

21. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I have a qeustion Will your Speedtree Shader, work with gpu instancing or indirect gpu instancing too? It would be great to have it to work with Vegetation Studio (vegetation system from asset store) Also Do you transcluency need of change built in defeault deffered shader? or doeas it need any image effect to be added to camera? And is that working in deffered too?

22. IdleJon

IdleJon

I'm currently using VTP with 2018.3.0f2 and it works. However I keep getting weird warnings in the console...
    I wish the developer would check their product in the latest unity version and make sure it's not doing anything strange. It's still for sale so maybe it's all good? But there are comments saying it doesn't, so who knows...

treshold likes this.
  23. recon0303

recon0303

warnings don't hurt. typically.... at all. many games have them.. and will. errors will be an issue...warning cause nothing, typically........

24. mattis89

mattis89

Hello!! @PitHeimes
    Im looking thrue asset store for some cool paint on mesh assets, Im just checkin that its all good with 2018.3.6 ? And that I can paint on houses made in blender? that is imported like ”naked” drop im material and go like... some asset tools dosent support fbx for some reason... I would like to paint ny houses and blend different textures so it looks realism and nice..

25. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

No udpate, no buyers! Great tool - what shall I say =)

26. mattis89

mattis89

abandoned?

MarkusGod likes this.
  27. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Last update was almost a year ago? Is this still being worked on or should people move on?

Shodan0101 likes this.
  28. Emperor

Emperor

Anyone has problem painting? It just doesn't work for me. The mesh deforming seems to work though. I just can't paint anything. I'm using unity 2018.3.13f1

29. Mlackey

Mlackey

This is not being worked on, the person doesn't reply anymore and has very obviously abandoned his project. It is sad because this was a very good asset that does not work in 2018+ and is broken. April 19, 2018 was the last update, which means 1+ years since the last update while it being broken still for Unity 2018 since that release.

The asset needs to be marked deprecated and removed from the asset store if the person isn't willing to update because people are still buying and it's not working while it is marked and advertised to work for Unity 2018+.

30. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

Can anyone confirm this?

31. PitHeimes

PitHeimes

Hello everyone,

this is just a quick notice that our asset "Vertex Tools Pro" is now deprecated and no longer available for purchase & and no longer supported.
    In the end we couldn't keep up with support request and development for a variety of reasons (some of them our own fault, some of them not so much) and we didn't really see a bright future for the product. We apologize to those of you we weren't able to help and to those who expected more features & fixes for the future.

We thank everyone who bought and used VTP in the past - you created some awesome looking scenes with it!

All the best,
    the VTP team

MarkusGod likes this.
  32. topofsteel

topofsteel

You should consider open sourcing it on Git-Hub. Doesn't sound like you'd have anything to loose. I've looked for other options in your absence. This is still one of the best I've found. Thanks.

33. Flurgle

Flurgle

TeagansDad and infinitypbr like this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Have you thought about making it free and not providing support? You don't have to provide support for your asset, per asset store rules.

magique and TeagansDad like this.
  35. valentinwinkelmann

valentinwinkelmann

We paid good money for it. If you don't want to continue it is sad but of course okay. but then you have to do it open source. We have paid and want to see a chance that the whole system can be used and carried on.

Adam-Bailey and Shodan0101 like this.
  36. Rich_A

Rich_A

Terrain is not appearing on Mac builds - any ideas?

37. Rich_A

Rich_A

For anyone still using this in production, make sure you take your Tessellation settings (level and falloff+distance) to the minimum level, for a massive performance improvement.

Thanathos likes this.