Search Unity

[RELEASED] UTNotifications - Professional Cross Platform Push Notifications and More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yuriy-Ivanov, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Angelbuzon

Angelbuzon

hi, i had purchased UTnotifications and works ok. But when i add google admob plugin (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity) i can't compile:

"FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GooglePlayServices' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I try to modify androidmanifest.xml but nothing works to me. May be is a problem of duplicate Gooplayservices library? or something i cant see?

Thanks,
    Angel.

2. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi Angel,

First of all, thank for using UTNotifications!
    In my case I don't get this error message with GoogleAds. The error message you provided: "FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GooglePlayServices' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." can mean that you don't have a GooglePlayServices library installed in the Android SDK.

Please, at first, create a new empty project, import only GoogleAds there (without UTNotifications) and check if the error gone or not. If not - then the issue has nothing to do with UTNotifications. If everything is fine without UTNotifications, please send your Unity version, the list of files and folders in Assets/Plugins/Android/ and also an Android manifest: Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml to our support email: universal.tools.contact@gmail.com.

When you'll make the GoogleAds plugin work itself (without UTNotifications), the next stage will be to resolve UTNotifications specific conflicts with it. Please see http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...fications-and-more.333045/page-2#post-2454991.

Best regards,
    Yuriy, Universal Tools team.

3. Angelbuzon

Angelbuzon

Thanks Yurily. The problem was android-support-v4.jar once deleted all works fine.
    What i did:
    1- import UTnotifications unitypackage, and follow the manual.pdf instructions
    2- import googleads-mobile-unity unitypackage
    3- Delete file Plugins/Android/UTNotifications/libs/android-support-v4.jar
    4- on editor menu Assets->Google Play Services->Resolve Clients Jars
    5- replace GoogleMobileAdsDemoScript.cs with my Admob Ids

and thats all.

Thanks!!

4. bluescrn

bluescrn

edit:

Typical, less than 5min after posting a message asking for help, I find the idiotic bit of my own code that's actually causing the problem... Looks like the local notifications are working just fine...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  5. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi bluescr,

I intended to advice you something, but it seems to be too late already, sorry :)
    My initial idea was Common Android Settings -> Show Notifications option value (which is WHEN_CLOSED_OR_IN_BACKGROUND by default) or a handling of received notifications.

But in case of any other difficulties, feel free to ask, we're happy to help.

Best regards,

6. rendered_monkey

rendered_monkey

I just setup UTnotifications and created a scheduled local notification It was very easy and work with very little troubleshooting.

Two question:
    1. Are we able to create notifications with action buttons? I wasn't seeing it in the documentation.
    2. Also do we have the ability to react to a notifications being canceled or cleared?

7. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi rendered_monkey,

1. Are we able to create notifications with action buttons? I wasn't seeing it in the documentation.
    We don't provide that functionality out of box (as it's Android-only feature), but you can add it easily. In order to do it, you'll have to modify UTNotifications' Android native plugin. In the file Assets/Plugins/Android/UTNotifications/src/universal/tools/notifications/Manager.java, method prepareNotification:
    After building a notification with
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         NotificationCompat.Builder builder = new NotificationCompat.Builder(context)
    2.                                             .setSmallIcon(icon)
    3.                                             .setContentTitle(title)
    4.                                             .setDefaults((soundId == 0) ? NotificationCompat.DEFAULT_ALL : NotificationCompat.DEFAULT_LIGHTS | NotificationCompat.DEFAULT_VIBRATE)
    5.                                             .setContentText(text)
    6.                                             .setContentIntent(contentIntent)
    7.                                             .setAutoCancel(true);
    Add
    Code (CSharp):
    1. builder.setStyle(new NotificationCompat.BigTextStyle().bigText(text));
    After that you can add any buttons using addAction (see http://developer.android.com/refere...oid.support.v4.app.NotificationCompat.Action)), f.e.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. builder.addAction(icon, "Button", contentIntent);
    Then you'll have to rebuild the native plugin (you can use Eclipse ADT or Android Studio for it, the project files in a format of Eclipse ADT are provided with UTNotifications).

2. Also do we have the ability to react to a notifications being canceled or cleared?
    Sorry, it's impossible: operating systems don't provide such functionality.

Best regards,

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  8. rendered_monkey

rendered_monkey

9. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi rendered_monkey,

If you like, you can request this feature at our public issue tracker. We then will schedule it to be implemented in one of future updates.

Best regards,

10. rsodre

rsodre

I have the exact same issue as Gn0ver, OnNotificationClickedHandler works on Android but not on iOS.
    Did anyone find what was his problem?

Unity 5.1.1
    UTNotifications 1.5.2

11. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi rsodre,

It's a known issue of Unity versions prior 5.3: when generating a file UnityAppController.mm it doesn't create an overloaded version of a method (added in versions of XCode, newer than Unity 5.2), which is required to handle clicks on notifications.
    You have two options:
    1. Update Unity
    2. Add this method to the generated by Unity UnityAppController.mm manually:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if !UNITY_TVOS
    2. - (void)application:(UIApplication *)application didReceiveRemoteNotification:(NSDictionary *)userInfo fetchCompletionHandler:(void (^)(UIBackgroundFetchResult result))handler
    3. {
    4. //--> This block is auto-generated. Please don't change it!
    5.     // UTNotifications: handle clicks on push notifications
    6.     if ([UIApplication sharedApplication].applicationState != UIApplicationStateActive)
    7.     {
    8.         _UT_SetPushNotificationWasClicked(userInfo);
    9.     }
    10. //<-- End of auto-generated block
    11.     AppController_SendNotificationWithArg(kUnityDidReceiveRemoteNotification, userInfo);
    12.     UnitySendRemoteNotification(userInfo);
    13.     if (handler)
    14.     {
    15.         handler(UIBackgroundFetchResultNoData);
    16.     }
    17. }
    18. #endif
    Best regards,

12. Webjema

Webjema

Hi.
    Good plugin, but does not work on WSA for me.
    On Plugin initialization in Debug mode it generates error:
    WSA, SDK 8.1, x86, Debug, VisualStudio 2015
    Unity 5.3.3f1 (On latest patch the same error)
    Non-debug version just crashing.
    Can you help?

13. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi Webjema,

First of all, thank you for using UTNotifications!

There are several possible known reasons of that exception:
    1. You set a breakpoint in the UTNotifications.WSA.RegisterBackgroundTasks method or before it (there is a chance that other breakpoints in your app can cause it as well, so please try disabling any breakpoints you may have enabled). See also https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...t-not-found-exception?forum=winappswithcsharp
    2. You run an app in the simulator (and, unfortunately, it's not supported). See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ception-hangs-or-throws-exception-in-mscorlib.
    3. You call UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize not in the main (UI) thread.
    4. UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize is called too early (f.e. see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-hresult-0x80070490-while-calling-backgrounde).

Please inform me if something of that helped or not. If not - please tell me also if the issue is reproduced with the provided PushNotificationsExampleScene or not.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

14. Webjema

Webjema

Hi Yuriy.
    Thank you for your reply.
    1 - no
    2 - no
    3 - maybe.
    4 - no

So, 99% it's #3. I call [UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize] from main Unity thread, and as I know it's not UI thread.
    How to call [UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize] from Unity in UI thread? I did not find it in your manual.

Thank you.
    Nick

15. Webjema

Webjema

I've tried this way:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. this.uiThreadMethodCallback += this.UiThreadInitNotifications;
    2. UnityEngine.WSA.Application.InvokeOnUIThread(this.uiThreadMethodCallback, true);
    and in UiThreadInitNotifications
    Code (CSharp):
    1. result = this.notificationsManager.Initialize(true, 0, false);
    But result is FALSE, and this.notificationsManager.NotificationsEnabled() is TRUE
    And [OnSendRegistrationId] callback is not fired.

16. CoachKim

CoachKim

hi. Question!!!
    this Asset ... Notification Message is Clicked... -> open App , Can Not???
    hm... I'm push testing........Message Recived OK!!! but Click to Not OpenApp.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  17. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the (original) issue. Everything works well for me with a PushNotificationsExampleScene, and it doesn't use InvokeOnUIThread. Does it happen in your case with a PushNotificationsExampleScene or not? If not, please try creating a new Unity project, import only UTNotifications there and create a simple test which can reproduce an issue, and send it us to universal.tools.contact@gmail.com - because unfortunately, I can't say more as it has never been reproduced in my case. If yes, we'll try to find other ways to reproduce it.

Best regards,

18. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi khyinto,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. Do you have a problem with opening an app when you click on a received notification, or an app is opened fine, but you can't handle it using UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.OnNotificationClicked?

In either case, I need more details: which version of Unity do you use, on which platform is it reproduced, what are the exact steps for reproducing it?

Please also check, that it's not your case: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...fications-and-more.333045/page-3#post-2569523.

Best regards,
    Yuriy, Universal Tools team,

19. aheidorn

aheidorn

Hi Yuriy.

I'm looking at adding Push Notifications to my apps that are available on iOS (AppStore), Android (GooglePlay), OSX (MacAppStore and Desktop) and Windows (WSA and Desktop). I'm currently using Unity 5.3.4 and targeting iOS 8+, Android 6.0+, OSX 10.9+, and Windows 8+. I've added iOS Push Notifications in the past, but am looking for a more Universal solution for all of our platforms.

Rather than doing this in a plugin myself, I was wondering if UTNotifications would be a good fit.
    Does UTNotifications support OSX? If not, would it be hard to add support for that myself?

Thanks,
    Allen

20. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi Allen,

Currently OSX is not supported. Windows is supported only for Windows Store builds (Windows 8+). Basically, adding any new platform support to UTNotifications is not difficult: you just create a new class
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ManagerImpl : Manager
    in a namespace UTNotifications, wrapping it with an appropriate #if, f.e. our Android implementation uses
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if !UNITY_EDITOR && UNITY_ANDROID
    That class must implement several methods:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public abstract bool Initialize(bool willHandleReceivedNotifications, int startId = 0, bool incrementalId = false);
    2. public abstract void PostLocalNotification(string title, string text, int id, IDictionary<string, string> userData = null, string notificationProfile = null);
    3. public abstract void ScheduleNotification(int triggerInSeconds, string title, string text, int id, IDictionary<string, string> userData = null, string notificationProfile = null);
    4. public abstract void ScheduleNotificationRepeating(int firstTriggerInSeconds, int intervalSeconds, string title, string text, int id, IDictionary<string, string> userData = null, string notificationProfile = null);
    5. public abstract bool NotificationsEnabled();
    6. public abstract void SetNotificationsEnabled(bool enabled);
    7. public abstract void CancelNotification(int id);
    8. public abstract void HideNotification(int id);
    9. public abstract void CancelAllNotifications();
    10. public abstract void HideAllNotifications();
    11. public abstract int GetBadge();
    12. public abstract void SetBadge(int bandgeNumber);
    For more details see API Reference.
    and call when required some methods:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected void _OnSendRegistrationId(string providerName, string registrationId);
    2. protected void _OnNotificationClicked(ReceivedNotification notification);
    3. protected void _OnNotificationsReceived(IList<ReceivedNotification> receivedNotifications)
    (they dispatch appropriate events).

And how difficult it is to implement it all depends on a specific platform. To tell the truth, we don't have any experience on integrating OS X notifications yet, so I can't tell how difficult it can be.

Feel free to ask any further questions here or by email: universal.tools.contact@gmail.com.

Best regards,

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  21. eab6863

eab6863

Hey I just recently bought UTNotifications and I've ran into small problem.

On any Android device running 6.0+ that we have tested on the app icon appears to be a gray circle with a white box inside of it. On devices running 5.1.1 it is a colored circle with a box of the app icon inside of it.

I have seen the issue with 5.0 where Android changed the layout of the notifications and I'm not sure if this is the same type of bug for the new OS.

22. rsodre

rsodre

Hey,

When my game goes into background, I create a few local notifications asking the player to came back after a few days. Google is reviewing the game for promoting and is asking us stack them instead of creating multiple ones.

They say: "If your app creates a notification while another of the same type is still pending, avoid creating a new notification object. Instead, stack the notification. For more info:"
    http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/notifications.html#Managing
    http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/notifications.html

From the docs: "When you need to issue a notification multiple times for the same type of event, you should avoid making a completely new notification. Instead, you should consider updating a previous notification, either by changing some of its values or by adding to it, or both."

I tried to schedule only one, initialising with willHandleReceivedNotifications and capturing with OnNotificationsReceived so I could update it, but this event it is only triggered when the game goes up again.

Is there a way to do what they're asking?

23. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi eab6863,

First of all, thank you for using UTNotifications.

Unfortunately we don't have an Android 6+ phone to check it - so we used an emulator running an Android 6 for testing, and it worked completely well with it. What you describe looks like a known issue with Android 5.0+, which UTNotifications solve by having Android 4.4 Compatibility Mode option in the settings. Also, we allow you providing an option to specify a separate Android 5.0+ notification icon. But as it works fine with Android 5.1.1 it means that Android 4.4 Compatibility Mode is indeed enabled. We're gonna investigate why it doesn't work on Android 6 devices though it works well in the emulator, but meanwhile I recommend you disabling an Android 4.4 Compatibility Mode in the UTNotifications settings and use a specific white+alpha only notification icon for Android 5.0+. You'll have to configure and use a notification profile for it (see the manual for more details).

Best regards,

24. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi rsodre,

The latest version of UTNotifications provide you both options:
    1. In order to display only one (latest) notification, enable an option Show Only Latest Notification in the Common Android Settings. I'd recommend you using this approach.
    2. Use grouped notifications (but it's more complicated as you'll have to send a special summary notification after all the notifications which should be grouped). The grouping mode can be configured also in the Common Android Settings section of UTNotifications settings.

Best regards,

25. CoachKim

CoachKim

Hi.
    Occasionally push messages when the app is not open , click . However, when you click a push message, then reboot the device opens the app. What 's this is the cause of this?
    p.s Android Device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro )

26. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi khyinto,

It's something new, I've never seen an issue like yours yet. Does the device reboot as a result of clicking on a notification, or you reboot the device yourself? Is it reproduced only at this Galaxy Tab Pro, or also on other devices?

Looking forward to hearing from you to help with the issue.

Best regards,

27. petrucio

petrucio

Just dropping in to give some feedback regarding usability issues with the profile system:
    - The image loading dialog doesn't work with *.png - you need to switch to *.* to see your png images
    - The metadata saves absolute image paths under m_notificationProfiles, which is insane - other team members won't have the same paths - it should check if the path is relative to Assets.
    - It would be nice to be able to set one profile as the default to use when no profile string is passed
    Cheers!

28. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi petrucio,

Thank you for the feedback!

Could you, please tell me the host operating system you use? At my Mac OS X 10.10.5 everything works fine, but as the open file dialog used is a system one, it can be different with different operating systems or their versions. We'll be glad to fix the issue then.

That full file path is not used anywhere outside of notification profiles editing dialog. After you chose one, it's being copied to platform-specific locations inside of your project's Assets folder, so it's completely safe to share the settings with other team members.

It's a good point, we'll add it to one of the future updates (I added that task to our internal task tracker).

Best regards,

29. fdfdsgfdgdsg

fdfdsgfdgdsg

Hi I just recently bought the asset but I was having problems with the connection.

Currently It has received the request from the ipad to the server but the server cannot send the payload to the ipad.

The error is:

"Internal server error com.notnoop.exeptions.NetworkIOException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset"

And the unity is giving warnings

"www[324:63587] You are using download over http. Currently unity adds NSAllowsArbitraryLoads to Info.plist to simplify transition, but it will be removed"

Can you help me pinpoint the possible problem areas and solutions to the issues?

Thanks a lot.

30. petrucio

petrucio

Win 7 64

I do have another, much more pressing problem tho:
    After integrating UTNotifications, my app is now requesting for permissions to make phone calls on Android 6 Marshmallow. (It doesn't happen on Android 5 and earlier). Any ideas how I can remove those? Players get really pissed by that.

31. petrucio

petrucio

Dude! Your UTNotifications/Sample folder is making it add the READ_PHONE_STATE permission on Android! I haven't keep the binary search on it to find out exactly what is causing it, but you should look it over - that is a nasty permission that on Android 6+ shows up as 'Permission to See and Make Phone Calls', which gets users REALLY pissed off.

32. petrucio

petrucio

Another problem I have: notifications don't "Expand" - I only see the contracted versions of my notifications, and I am unable to read beyond the first line of the notification contents.

33. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi fdfdsgfdgdsg,

First of all, thank you for using UTNotifications!

The error you provided means that library notnoop/java-apns DemoServer uses to send push notifications to iOS devices was unable to establish an SSL connection to APNS servers. In most cases it's caused by invalid p12 certificate (the one you specified in a value of private static final String APN_CERT_PATH in PushNotificator.java).

Another popular issue (which, though, shouldn't cause your error): please also check, that Push Notifications toggle is enabled in the XCode project settings

If you checked everything and it still doesn't work, could you, please, send me by email (in archive) your folder Assets/UTNotifications/DemoServer (containing a file utnotifications_reg.db which stores your device's registration id and a .p12 certificate file) so I'll try reproducing an issue to find its reason.

It's alright (we just use HTTP protocol to send registration ids to DemoServer in the sample).

Best regards,

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  34. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi petrucio,

Thank you for informing about the issue! It's caused by SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier, which we use in the sample to identify a user:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected void SendRegistrationId(string providerName, string registrationId)
    2. {
    3.     string userId = SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier;
    4.     StartCoroutine(SendRegistrationId(userId, providerName, registrationId));
    5. }
    We'll get rid of this call in the next update. It is, indeed, absolutely nasty idea to require READ_PHONE_STATE permission for getting a device unique identifier (from Google side) and to do it silently when referencing SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier (from Unity side). You can replace this userId value with any string. Also, you can safely delete the whole Assets/UTNotifications/Sample folder.

It's a matter of notification style. We use a default system notification style, but you can specify any style you prefer. In order to do it, in a file Assets/Plugins/Android/UTNotifications/src/universal/tools/notifications/Manager.java add an appropriate line after creating a NotificationCompat.Builder:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private static Notification prepareNotification(Context context, String title, String text, int id, String notificationProfile, Bundle userData) {
    2.         <...>
    4.         NotificationCompat.Builder builder = new NotificationCompat.Builder(context)
    5.                                             .setSmallIcon(icon)
    6.                                             .setContentTitle(title)
    7.                                             .setDefaults((soundId == 0) ? NotificationCompat.DEFAULT_ALL : NotificationCompat.DEFAULT_LIGHTS | NotificationCompat.DEFAULT_VIBRATE)
    8.                                             .setContentText(text)
    9.                                             .setContentIntent(contentIntent)
    10.                                             .setAutoCancel(true);
    f.e.:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. builder.setStyle(new NotificationCompat.BigTextStyle().bigText(text));
    And, of course, don't forget to build a native Android plugin. UTNotifications include Eclipse ADT project files, but you can use both Eclipse ADT or Android Studio to import and build the native plugin. Please tell me if you need an assistance with it.

Best regards,

35. fdfdsgfdgdsg

fdfdsgfdgdsg

Hi Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately the result was the same. Do you have a different mail account. I could not send the requested files even if zipped due to gmail restrictions.

Thanks

36. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi fdfdsgfdgdsg,

You can just add .txt to the file extension (so it will be .zip.txt), or alternatively send it with any file sharing or cloud service.

Looking forward to helping you.

Update: the reason was a wrong certificate. So if anyone else faces the same issue, please check that you use correct certificate: output of the command
    Code (CSharp):
    1. openssl pkcs12 -info -in <YOUR_P12_CERTIFICATE_FILE_NAME>
    should contain
    Code (CSharp):
    1. friendlyName: Apple Development IOS Push Services

Best regards,

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  37. FREEZX

FREEZX

Hi there,
    I'm trying to use the plugin for receiving GCM notifications on android.
    After sending the notification, i'm repeatedly getting the following errors in adb, and i'm not getting the notifications. I had some conflicts with Facebook SDK, so i removed facebook's android v4 support .aar, also tried the other way around, removing the .jar, with the same results:

Code (csharp):
    2. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_NewStringUTF()
    3. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_ExceptionOccurred()
    4. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_NewStringUTF()
    5. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_ExceptionOccurred()
    6. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_CallStaticObjectMethod(0010058a, b48151a0
    7. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: >            , 00200586
    8. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: >            , 00000005
    9. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: >            , 00200009
    10. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: >            , 00000001
    11. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: >            )
    12. 04-13 21:38:20.484 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: ? getMethodID("java.lang.Class", "forName", "(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;""universal.tools.notifications.Manager", "getReceivedNotificationsPacked", "()Ljava/lang/String;", static)
    13. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: ! String Manager.getReceivedNotificationsPacked();
    14. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_ExceptionOccurred()
    15. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_DeleteLocalRef()
    16. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_DeleteLocalRef()
    17. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_FromReflectedMethod()
    18. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_ExceptionOccurred()
    19. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_DeleteLocalRef()
    20. 04-13 21:38:20.487 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_CallStaticStringMethod(002006b2, 91786d08)
    21. 04-13 21:38:20.488 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_ExceptionOccurred()
    22. 04-13 21:38:20.488 1203-1239/com.re4m.t_football D/Unity: > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_DeleteGlobalRef()
    Any suggestions on what the issue could be?

38. FREEZX

FREEZX

Ok, i figured out this only happens on development builds, so i'll just stay away from them for now.

39. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi FREEZX,

I've just tried: installed the latest Facebook Unity SDK (7.4.0), deleted UTNotifications' copy of android support library, built with Development Mode enabled and deployed an app. GCM worked well, no exceptions thrown.

But there is a known Facebook plugin compatibility issue which may cause GCM problems (a hotfix is already submitted to Unity Asset Store and is currently awaiting for their approval). I tested with a version of UTNotifications containing that hotfix.
    The issue in UTNotifications 1.5.2 causes loosing push notifications-specific entries from AndroidManifest.xml.

Here you can download a fixed version of the file Assets/UTNotifications/Src/Settings.cs which should help you solving an issue. With a fixed version of Settings.cs, open UTNotifications settings, and retoggle (disable and then enable again) a checkbox Google Cloud Messaging in order to update the Android manifest and also update UTNotifications internal settings data. It should help. But if not, please send to our support email your complete AndroidManifest.xml and a screenshot of UTNotifications settings, or the best, if possible, an archive containing the demo Unity project that reproduces an issue - then I'll help you ASAP.

Best regards,

40. FREEZX

FREEZX

Looks to be ok now, even though i keep getting those errors in ADB.
    Thanks for the help!

41. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Glad to hear that, thank you for letting me know. Also, I created a ticket in our internal task tracking system in order to try reproducing/fixing those exceptions.

Best regards,

42. FREEZX

FREEZX

Hello again.

There is something else i noticed now. If the TimeScale is set to 0 in Unity, i don't receive any notifications until it gets set back to 1, and i see the following errors in logcat just when the notification should be received:

Code (csharp):
    2. 04-14 10:36:04.118 4201-8919/com.re4m.t_football W/Bundle: Key android.support.content.wakelockid expected String but value was a java.lang.Integer.  The default value <null> was returned.
    3. 04-14 10:36:04.118 4201-8919/com.re4m.t_football W/Bundle: Attempt to cast generated internal exception:
    4.                                                            java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    5.                                                                at android.os.BaseBundle.getString(BaseBundle.java:923)
    6.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.packReceivedNotification(Manager.java:403)
    7.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.prepareNotification(Manager.java:318)
    8.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.postNotification(Manager.java:154)
    9.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.postPushNotification(Manager.java:176)
    10.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.GcmIntentService.onHandleIntent(GcmIntentService.java:24)
    11.                                                                at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:66)
    12.                                                                at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    13.                                                                at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
    14.                                                                at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
    15. 04-14 10:36:04.120 4201-8919/com.re4m.t_football W/Bundle: Key android.support.content.wakelockid expected String but value was a java.lang.Integer.  The default value <null> was returned.
    16. 04-14 10:36:04.120 4201-8919/com.re4m.t_football W/Bundle: Attempt to cast generated internal exception:
    17.                                                            java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    18.                                                                at android.os.BaseBundle.getString(BaseBundle.java:923)
    19.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.packReceivedNotification(Manager.java:403)
    20.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.notificationReceived(Manager.java:429)
    21.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.postNotificationPrepared(Manager.java:260)
    22.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.postNotification(Manager.java:154)
    23.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.Manager.postPushNotification(Manager.java:176)
    24.                                                                at universal.tools.notifications.GcmIntentService.onHandleIntent(GcmIntentService.java:24)
    25.                                                                at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:66)
    26.                                                                at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    27.                                                                at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
    28.                                                                at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
    Here is my manifest:
    Code (csharp):
    3. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    4. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.unity3d.player" android:installLocation="preferExternal" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" xmlns:amazon="http://schemas.amazon.com/apk/res/android">
    5.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    6.   <supports-screens android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" />
    7.   <application android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:debuggable="true">
    8.     <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity" android:label="@string/app_name">
    9.       <intent-filter>
    10.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    11.         <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    12.       </intent-filter>
    13.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" />
    14.     </activity>
    15.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityLoginActivity" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    16.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityDialogsActivity" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    17.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.LoginActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    18.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityAppLinkActivity" android:exported="true" />
    19.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityDeepLinkingActivity" android:exported="true" />
    20.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityGameRequestActivity" />
    21.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityCreateGameGroupActivity" />
    22.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.FBUnityJoinGameGroupActivity" />
    23.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.unity.AppInviteDialogActivity" />
    24.     <meta-data android:name="com.facebook.sdk.ApplicationId" android:value="fb583668601802091" />
    25.     <provider android:name="com.facebook.FacebookContentProvider" android:authorities="com.facebook.app.FacebookContentProvider583668601802091" android:exported="true" />
    26.     <activity android:name="com.facebook.FacebookActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|screenLayout|screenSize|orientation" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar" />
    27.     <activity android:name="com.soomla.profile.social.twitter.SoomlaTwitter$SoomlaTwitterActivity" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    28.     <!-- UTNotifications common -->
    29.     <receiver android:name="universal.tools.notifications.AlarmBroadcastReceiver" />
    30.     <service android:name="universal.tools.notifications.NotificationIntentService" />
    31.     <!-- Restore Scheduled Notifications On Reboot -->
    32.     <receiver android:name="universal.tools.notifications.ScheduledNotificationsRestorer">
    33.       <intent-filter>
    34.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    35.       </intent-filter>
    36.     </receiver>
    37.     <!-- Google Play Cloud Messaging -->
    38.     <receiver android:name="universal.tools.notifications.GcmBroadcastReceiver" android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND">
    39.       <intent-filter>
    40.         <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" />
    41.         <category android:name="com.re4m.t_football" />
    42.       </intent-filter>
    43.     </receiver>
    44.     <service android:name="universal.tools.notifications.GcmIntentService" />
    45.   </application>
    46.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE" />
    47.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
    48.   <!-- Restore Scheduled Notifications On Reboot -->
    49.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    50.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
    51.   <!-- Google Play Cloud Messaging -->
    52.   <permission android:name="com.re4m.t_football.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" android:protectionLevel="signature" />
    53.   <uses-permission android:name="com.re4m.t_football.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />
    54.   <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" />
    55. </manifest>

43. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi FREEZX,

You describe 2 separate issues here.
    1. If the TimeScale is set to 0 in Unity, i don't receive any notifications until it gets set back to 1
    You are right, it's our stupid mistake: in order to fix it, please open a file AndroidManagerImpl.cs, and in the function
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected void LateUpdate()
    replace
    Code (CSharp):
    1. m_timeToCheckForIncomingNotifications -= Time.deltaTime;
    with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. m_timeToCheckForIncomingNotifications -= Time.unscaledDeltaTime;
    Please note, that it affects only handling of notifications in the app. When it's closed or minimized, system notification will be successfully shown.

2. i see the following errors in logcat just when the notification should be received
    Based on stacktraces you provide, it looks like user data contains non-string values. It could happen in 2 cases:
    a) You sent a GCM value, containing non-string (integer) arguments. If so, just convert them to strings and parse back on handling received notifications.
    b) You received some system GCM message, which by some reason specifies a type as a normal GCM message type (GoogleCloudMessaging.MESSAGE_TYPE_MESSAGE) which, actually, should never happen in theory. In that case you can just ignore that exception, it won't affect anything. But if so, please inform me, so we'll add additional checks to avoid spamming logcat with such exceptions stacktraces.

Best regards,

44. Nielsww

Nielsww

It looks like using UTNotifications 1.5.3 together with the Facebook Unity SDK v7.4.0 causes issues on Android.

A project with both the UTNotifications and Facebook Unity SDK assets imported works when only initialising UTNotifications (at least when having removed the duplicate google-play-services files that the Facebook Unity SDK imports).

But when you initialise the Facebook SDK by calling FB.Init (), the following error keeps showing up on adb logcat on every frame that is rendered on the Android device from that point on.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

-Niels

---------------------------

D/Unity ( 4374): ? getMethodID("universal.tools.notifications.Manager", "getClickedNotificationPacked", "()Ljava/lang/String;", static)

D/Unity ( 4374): ! String Manager.getClickedNotificationPacked();

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_ExceptionOccurred()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_DeleteLocalRef()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_FromReflectedMethod()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_CallStaticStringMethod(00100c22, 73cde9f8)

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_DeleteGlobalRef()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_NewStringUTF()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_CallStaticObjectMethod(00100bee, 73cd5a38

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00200be6

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00200001

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00200005

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00000001

D/Unity ( 4374): >)

D/Unity ( 4374): ? getMethodID("java.lang.Class", "forName", "(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;", static)

D/Unity ( 4374): ! Class Class.forName(String);

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_FromReflectedMethod()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_CallStaticObjectMethod(00200be6, 6fde5b18

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_GetObjectClass()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_NewGlobalRef()

D/Unity ( 4374): > AndroidJNI_CUSTOM_CallStaticObjectMethod(00100bee, 73cd5a38

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00200c22

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00100001

D/Unity ( 4374): >, 00000005

Some very simple test code I used. Clean project, only this code running.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UTNotifications;
    4. using Facebook.Unity;
    6. public class NotificationManager : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    8.     void Start ()
    9.     {
    10.         UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize (false);
    12.         UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.OnSendRegistrationId += (providerName, registrationId) => {
    13.             Debug.Log ("OnSendRegistrationId providerName: " + providerName + ", registrationId: " + registrationId);
    14.         };
    16.         UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.OnNotificationClicked += (notification) => {
    17.             Debug.Log ("Received notification: " + notification.title);
    18.         };
    19.         Debug.Log ("OnNotificationClicked set.");
    21.         FB.Init (FacebookInit);
    23.         Debug.Log ("NotificationManager initialized.");
    24.     }
    26.     void FacebookInit ()
    27.     {
    28.         Debug.Log ("Facebook initialized.");
    29.     }
    30. }

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  45. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi Nielsww,

Thank you for such a detailed issue description, I was able to reproduce it. In order to fix, in the file Assets/FacebookSDK/SDK/Scripts/Mobile/Android/AndroidFacebookGameObject.cs please comment out the following line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AndroidJNIHelper.debug = Debug.isDebugBuild;
    We'll try to find better solution, but this change makes both UTNotifications and Facebook plugins completely functional.

Best regards,

46. Nielsww

Nielsww

Hi Yuri, thanks for your quick reply. Out of sheer curiosity, what is going there with that error? Any ideas?

47. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Currently I don't have an answer: I just read the Facebook SDK source code and performed several tests using binary search approach to find out how you can avoid the issue until a proper fix is done. Me or my colleague will research it soon to find the exact cause and how to deal with it in future.

Best regards,

48. Nielsww

Nielsww

I believe I have run into another bug in UTNotifications on Android (I have not yet tested this on other platforms).

1. This works:
    User clicks on a push notification which starts the Android game (game is NOT running in the background). In the OnNotificationClicked() event the HideAllNotifications() is called which removes all notifications for this game from the Android notification area.

2. This doesn't:
    Player is running the Android game and pressed the Android home button. Game stays in memory but is not visible. Push notification is received and clicked by the player. In the OnNotificationClicked() event the HideAllNotifications() is called. Notification remains visible in the Android notification area.

So what we want to happen is that all notifications for the game are removed once a user clicks on one of the notifications regardless if the game is in memory or not.

HideNotification(notificationId) seems to have the same behaviour. Always works when game is loaded in memory by clicking on the notification and never (or almost never?) when the game is already in memory.

How can I fix this issue?

- Niels

49. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi Niels,

Thank you for the detailed description, but I was unable to reproduce the issue: HideAllNotifications() successfully worked in both cases.
    Could you, please, check if in the 2nd case OnNotificationClicked() method (and so HideAllNotifications()) is indeed called? Also, please tell me if it's reproduced with the PushNotificationsExampleScene when you add
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Manager.Instance.HideAllNotifications();
    call to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected void OnNotificationClicked(ReceivedNotification notification)
    Updated: please also tell if you handle received notifications or not, it can affect.

If it's still reproduced, tell me please the Android version and, if possible, send the sample Unity project to reproduce it.

Best regards,

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  50. satoriGames

satoriGames

Hi Yuriy! Ive benn looking for your plugin. I wonder how i could set the push notifiaction image to be shown with the text of the notification throw the DemoServer.PushNotificator methods. Is this an available feature?
    Thanks!