Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] UTNotifications - Professional Cross Platform Push Notifications and More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yuriy-Ivanov, Jun 12, 2015.

1. kotsopoulos

kotsopoulos

2. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @kotsopoulos,

Most likely you forgot to update the DemoServer with the required credentials in Assets/UTNotifications/Editor/DemoServer/src/main/java/com/universal_tools/demoserver/PushNotificator.java as explained in the manual.
    If you did but it still doesn't work, please send me your PushNotificator.java and detailed steps for reproducing the issue, I'll help you find out what's missing.

Best regards,
    Yuriy, Universal Tools team.

3. kotsopoulos

kotsopoulos

I sent an email with the PushNotificator.java file
    And all the steps i followed in order to make things work,
    Thanks for your help, I am waiting for an answer!!!

4. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Thank you, I've replied you by email.

Best regards,

5. klaizard

klaizard

Hi Yuriy-Ivanov!

I'm using firebase messaging (push notification) with ut notifications.
    but received error 'Status is pending. Return the pending future.' on ios.
    (Firebase's initializing is after nt notification's initializing)

You answered this here -
    "
    UTNotifications should work alright alongside Firebase Unity SDK, including messaging, but don't enable FCM and APNS in UTNotifications settings, and also see https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...ications-and-more.333045/page-17#post-4777697. Besides, handling received/clicked local notifications in iOS might not work as Google people broke built-in Unity functionality we rely on for that purpose in their Firebase SDK for Unity. Please let me know in case of any difficulties, I'll be glad to help.
    "
    so i disabled 'Push Notifications' under iOS and Firebase Cloud Messaging but received another error 'Failed to register for remote notifications' and not come push message.
    I'm using unity 5.6.6f and firebase 5.7.0 and ut version 1.7.3.

Can you help me?
    thanks.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @klaizard,

Have you tried removing UTNotifications to check if the issue is gone then? Because UTNotifications shouldn't conflict with Firebase Unity SDK when push notifications toggles are disabled, and especially in iOS (we're relying almost completely on Unity's own notifications API in iOS).
    Please make sure the issue is indeed caused by UTNotifications and not something else.

But if it is, I may need specific reproduction steps so we could try to reproduce it in order to understand what's going on in your case and how it can be fixed.

Best regards,

7. PhonleX

PhonleX

Hi Yuriy,
    I just start use your plugins,it's workes good when the apps is minimize.
    But here are some Questaion:
    1.I choosed When_Closed_Or_IN_BACKGROUND,but it's still push notification to my phones;\
    2.I don't if it's my phone's error,i only receive notification in banner,not in lock screen or notification center
    3.When i use Android System Up Slide Quit App or Use Application.Quit();,My LocalNotification will not send.
    4.I try this code segment
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnApplicationQuit()
    2.     {
    3.         Manager.Instance.PostLocalNotification("TitleQuit", "GameQuit", 7);
    4.         Manager.Instance.ScheduleNotification(3, "TitleQuitDelay", "QuitDelay7S", 8);
    5.     }
    the first PostLocalNotification won't work, and the second ScheduleNotification will send while I start Apps next time;

5.when i use it in my work UTNotifications: Failed to initialize: UnityEngine.AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: universal.tools.notifications.Manager

Can you help me?:)
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @PhonleX,

First of all, thank you for purchasing our asset.

1.I choosed When_Closed_Or_IN_BACKGROUND,but it's still push notification to my phones;\
    2.I don't if it's my phone's error,i only receive notification in banner,not in lock screen or notification center

Not sure if I understood you. Do you mean that push notifications are shown even if the app is in foreground despite of the fact that you configured it to be shown only when closed or in background? If so, please send me you push notification payload Json (complete), I'll check if it's correct.
    Or (based on the 2nd question), do you mean that you see a UTNotifications Sample Scene banner on receiving a notification, and not system notification? Then, it's exactly the designed behaviour with WHEN_CLOSED_OR_IN_BACKGROUND: you can handle received notifications (which is demonstrated by showing that banner, which is just a sample thing, you will not have this banner in your own game/application).

3.When i use Android System Up Slide Quit App or Use Application.Quit();,My LocalNotification will not send.
    4.I try this code segment

Again, this is exactly the designed behaviour with WHEN_CLOSED_OR_IN_BACKGROUND. You will not get a system notification while the app is running in foreground. This is why immediate local notification produced by Manager.Instance.PostLocalNotification is never shown in this mode, and scheduled notifications is shown alright - because the app is closed by its scheduled time.

5.when i use it in my work UTNotifications: Failed to initialize: UnityEngine.AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: universal.tools.notifications.Manager
    It's either an inter-plugin conflict, or some of the native Android libraries weren't successfully resolved in your project. Please send me the list of all files and folders in your project's Assets/Plugins/Android, and I'll check what is wrong. UPDATE: I found your email with the list of plugins. It looks OK. Can you maybe send me a sample Unity project that reproduces that issue, so I could check what's wrong with it?

Best regards,

9. UnityTest12345098

UnityTest12345098

Local notifs are not shown incase adaptive battery is enabled in android 9 and above . Is there any work around for this ?

10. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @shanuZYNGA,

Local notifications should be shown even in case Adaptive Battery is enabled, but they might be deferred depending on which bucket your app/game was assigned to by the system.
    See https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/power#buckets:
    Specifically, see https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/power/power-details.html for more details on how long local notifications (which are invoked by alarms) can be postponed. F.e., "frequent" applications can defer delivering their alarms up to 30 minutes, and "rare" apps up to 2 hours.

Alternatively, you can send high-priority FCM push notifications. They should be delivered fast enough, but for "frequent" and "rare" applications their number is limited to 10 and 5 a day appropriately, which is enough for most games. Of course, it requires a server to send notifications.
    Please let me know if local notifications are not shown for you even after exceeding the maximum deferring time for your app's time bucket, I'll need more details and repro steps then (including specifying an appropriate bucket for a repro app with adb).

Best regards,

11. awesomeda

awesomeda

Hi Yuriy,

is it somehow possible to make notifications with background graphics on adnroid work?

Thx
    David

12. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

13. waldgeist

waldgeist

Does this package overwrite the standard app controllers? I am asking because I'm using my own custom controllers.

14. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @waldgeist ,

UTNotifications is designed to be compatible with any custom Android Activities and manifests: our native libraries contain some settings in their own manifests, but don't touch the primary AndroidManifest.xml.
    On iOS we don't replace anything, but instead patch the contents of a few methods of UnityAppController.mm, by adding some calls to the UTNotifications' native plugin. In case you don't have that file or it significantly differs from the standard one generated by Unity, you may need to manually do the same thing to your controller (it shouldn't be too difficult).

Best regards,

15. waldgeist

waldgeist

@Yuriy-Ivanov Thanks for your reply.

I am currently scratching my head around this: I successfully setup the package for Android in a fresh project, I can schedule local notifications and they show up.

However, if I do the same in my custom project, the notifications won't show up in the Android notification area. They will be delivered to the app if I bring it back to the foreground, though.

I've checked the manifest, everything seems to be the same.

What might cause the notification from not being displayed in the notification center?

UPDATE: This was actually my fault. Notifications had been disabled in the Android app settings somehow. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  16. GO4MG

GO4MG

We need your help, we have send emails to your address but no responses have been given!

17. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @GO4MG,

I'm afraid we didn't receive anything from you, maybe it was filtered out by the spam filter. Can you maybe send me the details on your issue either here or in personal messages in the forum?
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience, I'll be happy to help you as soon as I receive the details of your issue.

UPDATE: I checked the spam folder, and 2 your emails are there indeed! I'll reply there now.

Best regards,

18. GO4MG

GO4MG

Thanks Yuriy, much obliged!

19. jedai747

jedai747

Я могу с помощью этот ассета изменить беграунд у нотификации(локальной) вместо белого, поставить свою картинку? upload_2020-3-19_18-18-20.png

20. jGate99

jGate99

@Yuriy-Ivanov
    I have a "Enable Notifications" switch in settings, i want to tie it with UTNotifications in following way:

- If no permissions are allowed then switch is off by default, so switching it on show notification permission dialog
    - if user still dont provide permission, remain switch off, if provide turns On

which property to check if permission is allowed and what function to ask permission of UT class i can use for that?

Thanks

21. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Здравствуйте @jedai747,

Прежде всего, извините за столь поздний ответ. Я обычно отвечаю каждый день или максимум раз в два дня, но по личным обстоятельствам был пару недель недоступен (нет, это не короновирус :)).

Напрямую возможностями ассета это не делается, но можно добиться путем изменений в нативном плагине Android: его исходный код предоставляется вместе с ассетом. Смотрите мой ответ тут: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...ications-and-more.333045/page-19#post-4997015

С наилучшими пожеланиями,
    Юрий, Universal Tools team.

22. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @jGate99,

First of all, sorry for such a late reply. I typically aim to answer every day or at least every 2 days, but due to personal circumstances I wasn't available for a couple weeks.

> which property to check if permission is allowed
    See UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.NotificationsAllowed().

> what function to ask permission of UT class i can use for that?
    It's done when initializing the manger (if the dialog hasn't been shown before), so it's UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

jGate99 likes this.
  23. jGate99

jGate99

Does it mean i only call initialize when i want user to give me permission?
    reason is i dont want to ask permission right away when game is run

24. darkguy2008

darkguy2008

I'm pondering whether to buy this or not as all I need is to display custom notifications, but the notifications preview module in Unity isn't working very well. The price is a bit high, so I'm wondering if there is a demo project/APK/scene/etc. I can use to try it out on my devices first? I'm concerned on spawning local notifications in around 30m, 1h, 2h, etc.

Thanks in advance!

25. jGate99

jGate99

Bought it few years ago, it works without any issues for simple cases without any hassle
    price is big but you save time and later use same plugin for complex stuff like push notifications

26. Gulliver

Gulliver

Hello.
    I have a problem with building Android project after adding UTNotifications:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate class android.support.v4.app.INotificationSideChannel found in modules classes.jar :)androidx.core.core-1.0.0:) and classes.jar :)com.android.support.support-compat-26.1.0:)
    Duplicate class android.support.v4.app.INotificationSideChannel$Stub found in modules classes.jar :)androidx.core.core-1.0.0:) and classes.jar :)com.android.support.support-compat-26.1.0:)
    Duplicate class android.support.v4.app.INotificationSideChannel$Stub$Proxy found in modules classes.jar :)androidx.core.core-1.0.0:) and classes.jar :)com.android.support.support-compat-26.1.0:)
    Duplicate class android.support.v4.media.MediaBrowserCompat found in modules classes.jar :)androidx.media.media-1.0.0:) and classes.jar :)com.android.support.support-media-compat-26.1.0:)
    etc...
    I'm not experienced in resolving such problems.
    Need help.

Grinchi likes this.
  27. darkguy2008

darkguy2008

Hey, thanks for your answer! Can I PM you? or just a quick question: Do you know if the notifications do appear? In my case I have a client who's angry at me because the notifications (using mobile notifications preview package) don't appear at all until he opens the app. In my case, they appear but without sound or waking up the screen. I take it in your case this doesn't happen with UTNotifications as of today, right?

jGate99 likes this.
  28. jGate99

jGate99

Sure, yes appear with sound and image (you just have to configure it in UT profile)
    For testing you can use repeating shedule notification and let them happen every 5 minute to see that

29. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @Gulliver,

I've replied to someone with a very similar question by email recently, maybe it was you? But just in case, here is the same reply.
    You got an obsolete Android Support Library somewhere in the project, it's probably in some non-standard folder as otherwise Play Services Resolver would detect it. Try looking for a word "support" in file names across your Unity project (it'll be either .aar or .jar). Most likely you'll find the extra copy and so detect what 3rd party asset/library added it.

Best regards,

30. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Exactly, you may initialize whenever you like, but note that no UTNotifications functionality will work until you initialize (which is quite logical as you can't do much with notifications in iOS without requesting for user's approval). In the same time, it's still absolutely safe: you'll get an error logged, but nothing bad will happen if you access the functionality which requires initialization but it hasn't happened yet.

Best regards,

31. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @darkguy2008,

Sorry for a late reply, I'm a bit (very!) busy with my newborn baby at the moment, but getting back on track with daily support, so hopefully my replies will be more regular soon :)

Yes, you can schedule local notifications in advance, they can be one-shot and repeating. Not sure what you mean as "custom" notifications - you can choose notifications titles, texts, sound. In Android also icon, text color and image for full image notifications, as shown in one of the screenshots in the asset description. In the same time, completely custom notification layouts are not supported directly (you can achieve it by modifying native plugins, which are provided with their source code, but it's not very easy).

Notifications are shown when the app is closed or in background, with a few exceptions:
    1. If an app is force-stopped in Android (f.e. in system settings), it can't show any notifications.
    2. Some (fortunately, not many) cheap Android devices tend to force-stop any applications (except built-in whitelist) without foreground Activities to save their very limited batteries (and some 3rd party battery saving apps do the same).

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about either of these points.

Btw, thanks @jGate99 for replying while I couldn't.

Best regards,

32. jGate99

jGate99

So wht about this call? does it also require Initialize to be called first? (which will defeat the purpose as i dont want to force user to see a permission dialog unless he see that "status" that its not enabled yet and then click on a ui control where i call the initialize button.

e UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.NotificationsAllowed()

33. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

You're good with NotificationsAllowed() - it can safely be called before Initialize, and even returns correct result - f.e. if notifications were allowed in the past runs, but this time you haven't called Initialize yet, it returns true. It doesn't change the fact that you'll have to initialize before creating any local notifications.

jGate99 likes this.
  34. Spuddicus

Spuddicus

I'm trying to get UTNotifications 1.8.4 work with GameSparks and am having some problems on the Android side of things. UTNotifications initializes fine and sends the FCM registrationId to GameSparks okay. It also creates a channel in the device's settings for each of the profiles I've set up. So the UTNotifications code seems to be setting up okay. When I set GameSparks to send the following FCM payload then my backgrounded App receives a notifications and it appears on the status bar:

{
    "notification": {
    "title": "Test Title 1",
    "body": "Test Body 1"
    },
    "data": {
    "title": "Test Title 2",
    "text": "Test Body 2",
    "notification_profile": "notification_turn"
    }
    }

However, the notification is "Test Title 1" not "Test Title 2" and I get a blank icon and no custom sound and the message goes into a "Miscellaneous" channel in the device settings. So after reading the docs again it seems that I have to send a data-only message to get UTNotifications to work to its full potential. However when I strip out the notifications section of the FCM payload to this, I don't get notifications anymore and not a squeek from UTNotifications in logcat:

{
    "data": {
    "title": "Test Title 2",
    "text": "Test Body 2",
    "notification_profile": "notification_turn"
    }
    }

I'm assuming sending the payload this way should bypass the Android standard notification system and send the payload to UTNotifications and then your code sends a custom notification to the Android system to display ? But nothing is happening. OnNotificationsReceived doesn't seem to be getting hit either. I'm using Unity 2019.3.4f1 and all Firebase 6.10.0 SDKs for Unity - specifically, analytics, config and messaging SDKs. I can't see anything in logcat that might indicate what the problem might be. If it's not obvious what the problem might be then do you know how I can customize the notification icon in Unity when I have GameSparks with the "notification" section ? I can live with that for now but would like to figure this problem out in a future app update. Cheers!

35. Spuddicus

Spuddicus

So it looks like the GameSparks server can't send data-only messages and it must have a standard notifications block plus optional data, in which case, can you help me figure out how to set a custom icon and put the notification in the correct channel ? It looks like GameSparks is sending the FCM payload in legacy FCM HTTP format as specified here: https://firebase.google.com/docs/reference/fcm/rest/v1/projects.messages

I know this because I can set the colour of my icon using the following FCM template in GameSparks:

{
    "notification": {
    "title": "Test Title",
    "body": "Test Body",
    "icon": "notification_turn.png",
    "color": "#0000ff",
    "android_channel_id": "noticiation_turn"
    }

When I have GameSparks send the FCM payload above, I get an empty blue circle for an icon, so the "color": "#0000ff" field is being used by the Android system but the "icon" and "android_channel_id" aren't as this message goes into a "Miscellaneous" channel that the system creates. UINotifications has created my two channels that I named "default" and "notification_turn" profiles. There's my "notification_turn.png" file in the "\Assets\Plugins\Android\UTNotificationsRes\res\drawable\" folder but the "icon": "notification_turn.png" line in my FCM payload isn't accessing it. Any idea what values I need to put in my FCM payload "icon" and "android_channel_id" fields ? Thanks !

36. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @Spuddicus,

I'm afraid you have to find a way to send data-only FCM payloads so UTNotifications functionality will work correctly (you may want to contact GameSparks support to help you achieve that.

Also, please note that having both UTNotifications and Firebase Cloud Messaging Unity SDK in the same project is wrong: only one service can handle FCM messages (in your case it can be even this issue, and not the GameSparks, or both). So either Google's SDK gets broken down, or UTNotifications' FCM functionality.

Best regards,

37. Spuddicus

Spuddicus

I've got it working!! The problem was due to me having added the Firebase Messaging Unity SDK to my project as you suggested it might be. The reason I did that was because I was getting a crash on App launch and the logcat said "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.firebase.MessagingUnityPlayerActivity". Not being very familiar with Android, I tried adding the Firebase Cloud Messaging SDK and the error went away but apparently it prevented your code from receiving messages. After you suggested the messaging SDK might be the problem, I removed their files and started getting that error again and after thinking about things, I found the following lines in my AndroidManifest.xml:

<!-- The MessagingUnityPlayerActivity is a class that extends UnityPlayerActivity to work around a known issue when receiving notification data payloads in the background. -->
    <activity android:name="com.google.firebase.MessagingUnityPlayerActivity" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">

I removed those lines and the App launches and everything works now. I must have added that months and months ago when I first started experimenting with messaging. Anyway problem solved and apparently GameSparks can send data-only FCM payloads after all. Cheers !

Yuriy-Ivanov likes this.
  38. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @Spuddicus,

Glad you sorted it. Please let me know if you have any more questions or issues, I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

39. FriedrichWessel_Inno

FriedrichWessel_Inno

Hello,

I have implemented the package into our game, and having trouble with the OnNotificationClicked event on iOS.
    The behaviour is the following:

When the app is closed completly and opens from the click on the Notification -> OnNotificationlickHander is called
    When the app is just in background and gets to foreground by the click on the Notification OnNotificationClickHandler is not called.

On Android on both cases the Hanlder gets called.

This is how I initialize the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public class NotificationService
    3. {
    4.     // this is called on Application Start
    5.     public void Init()
    6.     {
    7.         Manager.Instance.OnNotificationClicked += OnNotificationClicked;
    8.         bool initialized = Manager.Instance.Initialize(false, FirstPushNotificationId, true);
    9.         if (initialized)
    10.         {
    11.             Manager.Instance.SetNotificationsEnabled(true);
    12.             Manager.Instance.SetPushNotificationsEnabled(false);
    13.         }
    14.     }
    16.     private void OnNotificationClicked(ReceivedNotification notification)
    17.     {
    18.         Debug.Log( "NotificationService: NotificationClicked");
    19.     }
    20. }
    I have also tried to also attach to OnNotificationReceived as shown in the manual - but that did not change the behaviour.
    Using Unity 2019.3 and iPadOS 13

Thanks for your help!

40. FriedrichWessel_Inno

FriedrichWessel_Inno

Little update: Just noticed that the example Scene shows the same behaviour.

41. FriedrichWessel_Inno

FriedrichWessel_Inno

Found a solution for me it was two things:
    * Make sure you dont have any postProcessors messing with the ios AppController file ( this is modified by UTNotifications )
    * Make sure you wait one frame on Application Focus before call cancelAllNotifications

42. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @FriedrichWessel_Inno,

I'm glad you sorted it, and sorry I haven't replied sooner (and please ignore my recent email to you). Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help.

Best regards,

43. bindhushrii

bindhushrii

Anche se apparentemente può sembrare complicato formattare un PC portatile è in realtà un'operazione semplice da effettuare. formattare portatile windows 10 Prima di passare all'azione vera e propria, però, è necessario effettuare alcune operazioni preliminari quali l'esecuzione del reinforcement dei dati in modo story da metterli al sicuro e potervi accedere senza problemi anche in seguito ed il download dei driver necessari per il corretto funzionamento della tua postazione multimediale.

44. michaelliveplay

michaelliveplay

Hi Yuriy. I just bought your asset, it is amazing. Thank you/your team for such a great job. I have a couple of questions for you and will be very grateful for any response.
    1. Is there any way I could request a user to turn on notifications in the system? Maybe, show some system/my popup where he could click a button that leads him to a proper way in the system settings? Does only Initialize method do it?
    2. I would like to disable silent push notifications on Android, but I can't find what is the way to do it. Could point me where to look at, please?
    3. What if user clicks "cancel" in the system popup. What is the way to show it again? Initialize method again?
    4. Is it possible to buy one/two/three hours of your time to make a call and go through the questions I have + get on the fly support with the issues I'm facing right now? If so, please, let me know your contact where we could discuss it.
    5. Can I use my personal popup to ask a player to enable push notifications with a button, that doesn't show any system popups but enables notifications automatically? What is the way to do it?

Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  45. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @michaelliveplay,

First of all, thank you for purchasing our asset, I'm really glad you liked it!

Traditional and recommended approach is the following: in iOS the notification permissions request is shown only once (iOS technically doesn't allow you to request it for the second time without reinstalling the application), and it's done with UTNotifications on the very first UTNotifications.Manager.Instance.Initialize. In the rest platforms notifications are enabled by default, but can be later disabled by the user in the system settings.
    It's not recommended to make users enable notifications if they were disabled (f.e. it affects the chances of your application to be featured in mobile app markets, such as AppStore and Google Play). But if your app really requires notifications to work, you can use native API of the platforms to show the settings page of your application, so users can enable notifications there, if they disabled them before: f.e. see https://stackoverflow.com/a/48796666/4012311 for iOS and https://stackoverflow.com/a/22664416/4012311 for Android (for the details on dealing with native code in Unity see https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PlatformSpecific.html and its appropriate subsections.

We haven't added this functionality to the asset on purpose so people don't abuse it and then avoid issues when publishing their apps (for me it also means avoiding painful support).

And related,
    No, you can't - it's done on purpose by mobile OSes to avoid abusing users with annoying notifications.

Not sure what you mean. If you want your notifications to play sounds even when silent audio mode is enabled in the system, then you can't really do it (it's possible in Android by modify our native plugin so notification audio is sent to the Alarm audio channel instead of notifications channel, but I really recommend you against it unless your app is notify in case of emergency, in which case using push notifications and Unity may be not the best idea).

Unity assets is not the main work I (and we) do, besides you've already paid for the asset so it would be unfair to pay anything on top of that to get technical support on using it. So I suggest you using available communication channels, such as email and this forum, so I can help you as soon as possible (but not affecting my primary working assignments).

Best regards,

46. awesomeda

awesomeda

Hi Yuriy,

sorry to bump such an old post. Is it now possible to retrieve fcm tokens for ios with your plugin?

Thanks
    David

47. gamestudio36X

gamestudio36X

I am really having problems to make it work.

As I am trying to understand how it works, I followed the manual and set the FCM. Everything seemed to be exactly like the manual says.

But First I got the ClearText Error... which I solved by add the android:usesCleartextTraffic="true" line

But now I get another error:
    HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    java.lang.NosuchFieldError: nullSession

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 23.16.17.jpeg terminal.png

Could Anybody help me, please? What am I missing?

48. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @awesomeda,

No, I'm afraid APNS is still the only option for iOS.

Best regards,

49. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @gamestudio36X,

I replied to you by the email, but just in case duplicating it here.

May I ask what version of Java JDK you're building the DemoServer with? It was developed for Java 1.8 (quite long ago) and it may have issues with newer versions.
    If it's reproduced with JDK 8, may I ask you specific repro steps (starting with importing UTNotifications into a Unity project, and also how you configured the DemoServer), so we could reproduce it and find a solution?
    Please also tell me what's your host platform running the DemoServer, and your version of JDK.

Thank you,

Best regards,

50. anzz

anzz

Good day Yuriy!
    The Unity forum has ceased to support the Russian language, I wrote you a letter at universal.tools.contact@gmail.com, I will also duplicate it here:

Thanks again for such a convenient plug-in and for operational support, we continue to use it over the past years.
    Everything worked fine, however, yesterday, after updating Firebase (Core and Crashlitics) from version 6.14.1 to 6.15.0, the build stopped building with the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. D8: Type com.google.firebase.iid.zzbb is referenced as an interface from `com.google.firebase.messaging.zzf`.
    2. com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Failed to process /Users/Kaleksandr/.gradle/caches/transforms-2/files-2.1/86382daecdda2f1385c26f0caj169ecassa
    A more detailed log was saved here: https://pastebin.com/rcdujvJ4

Similar errors occurred earlier, before updating to the latest version of UTN (the latest version is now installed: 1.8.4).
    We will be very glad to advise whether it is possible to bypass this error on our own, or, if not, can we expect a plug-in update.

Sincerely, Pavel.