Search Unity

[RELEASED] UTNotifications - Professional Cross Platform Push Notifications and More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yuriy-Ivanov, Jun 12, 2015.

1. kotsopoulos

kotsopoulos

2. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @kotsopoulos,

Most likely you forgot to update the DemoServer with the required credentials in Assets/UTNotifications/Editor/DemoServer/src/main/java/com/universal_tools/demoserver/PushNotificator.java as explained in the manual.
    If you did but it still doesn't work, please send me your PushNotificator.java and detailed steps for reproducing the issue, I'll help you find out what's missing.

Best regards,
    Yuriy, Universal Tools team.

3. kotsopoulos

kotsopoulos

I sent an email with the PushNotificator.java file
    And all the steps i followed in order to make things work,
    Thanks for your help, I am waiting for an answer!!!

4. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Thank you, I've replied you by email.

Best regards,

5. klaizard

klaizard

Hi Yuriy-Ivanov!

I'm using firebase messaging (push notification) with ut notifications.
    but received error 'Status is pending. Return the pending future.' on ios.
    (Firebase's initializing is after nt notification's initializing)

You answered this here -
    "
    UTNotifications should work alright alongside Firebase Unity SDK, including messaging, but don't enable FCM and APNS in UTNotifications settings, and also see https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...ications-and-more.333045/page-17#post-4777697. Besides, handling received/clicked local notifications in iOS might not work as Google people broke built-in Unity functionality we rely on for that purpose in their Firebase SDK for Unity. Please let me know in case of any difficulties, I'll be glad to help.
    "
    so i disabled 'Push Notifications' under iOS and Firebase Cloud Messaging but received another error 'Failed to register for remote notifications' and not come push message.
    I'm using unity 5.6.6f and firebase 5.7.0 and ut version 1.7.3.

Can you help me?
    thanks.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @klaizard,

Have you tried removing UTNotifications to check if the issue is gone then? Because UTNotifications shouldn't conflict with Firebase Unity SDK when push notifications toggles are disabled, and especially in iOS (we're relying almost completely on Unity's own notifications API in iOS).
    Please make sure the issue is indeed caused by UTNotifications and not something else.

But if it is, I may need specific reproduction steps so we could try to reproduce it in order to understand what's going on in your case and how it can be fixed.

Best regards,

7. PhonleX

PhonleX

Hi Yuriy,
    I just start use your plugins,it's workes good when the apps is minimize.
    But here are some Questaion:
    1.I choosed When_Closed_Or_IN_BACKGROUND,but it's still push notification to my phones;\
    2.I don't if it's my phone's error,i only receive notification in banner,not in lock screen or notification center
    3.When i use Android System Up Slide Quit App or Use Application.Quit();,My LocalNotification will not send.
    4.I try this code segment
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnApplicationQuit()
    2.     {
    3.         Manager.Instance.PostLocalNotification("TitleQuit", "GameQuit", 7);
    4.         Manager.Instance.ScheduleNotification(3, "TitleQuitDelay", "QuitDelay7S", 8);
    5.     }
    the first PostLocalNotification won't work, and the second ScheduleNotification will send while I start Apps next time;

5.when i use it in my work UTNotifications: Failed to initialize: UnityEngine.AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: universal.tools.notifications.Manager

Can you help me?:)
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @PhonleX,

First of all, thank you for purchasing our asset.

1.I choosed When_Closed_Or_IN_BACKGROUND,but it's still push notification to my phones;\
    2.I don't if it's my phone's error,i only receive notification in banner,not in lock screen or notification center

Not sure if I understood you. Do you mean that push notifications are shown even if the app is in foreground despite of the fact that you configured it to be shown only when closed or in background? If so, please send me you push notification payload Json (complete), I'll check if it's correct.
    Or (based on the 2nd question), do you mean that you see a UTNotifications Sample Scene banner on receiving a notification, and not system notification? Then, it's exactly the designed behaviour with WHEN_CLOSED_OR_IN_BACKGROUND: you can handle received notifications (which is demonstrated by showing that banner, which is just a sample thing, you will not have this banner in your own game/application).

3.When i use Android System Up Slide Quit App or Use Application.Quit();,My LocalNotification will not send.
    4.I try this code segment

Again, this is exactly the designed behaviour with WHEN_CLOSED_OR_IN_BACKGROUND. You will not get a system notification while the app is running in foreground. This is why immediate local notification produced by Manager.Instance.PostLocalNotification is never shown in this mode, and scheduled notifications is shown alright - because the app is closed by its scheduled time.

5.when i use it in my work UTNotifications: Failed to initialize: UnityEngine.AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: universal.tools.notifications.Manager
    It's either an inter-plugin conflict, or some of the native Android libraries weren't successfully resolved in your project. Please send me the list of all files and folders in your project's Assets/Plugins/Android, and I'll check what is wrong. UPDATE: I found your email with the list of plugins. It looks OK. Can you maybe send me a sample Unity project that reproduces that issue, so I could check what's wrong with it?

Best regards,

9. shanuZYNGA

shanuZYNGA

Local notifs are not shown incase adaptive battery is enabled in android 9 and above . Is there any work around for this ?

10. Yuriy-Ivanov

Yuriy-Ivanov

Hi @shanuZYNGA,

Local notifications should be shown even in case Adaptive Battery is enabled, but they might be deferred depending on which bucket your app/game was assigned to by the system.
    See https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/power#buckets:
    Specifically, see https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/power/power-details.html for more details on how long local notifications (which are invoked by alarms) can be postponed. F.e., "frequent" applications can defer delivering their alarms up to 30 minutes, and "rare" apps up to 2 hours.

Alternatively, you can send high-priority FCM push notifications. They should be delivered fast enough, but for "frequent" and "rare" applications their number is limited to 10 and 5 a day appropriately, which is enough for most games. Of course, it requires a server to send notifications.
    Please let me know if local notifications are not shown for you even after exceeding the maximum deferring time for your app's time bucket, I'll need more details and repro steps then (including specifying an appropriate bucket for a repro app with adb).

Best regards,

unityunity