Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] URP & LWRP Mirror Shaders

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AkilliMum, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Sheynes

Sheynes

Well, alright, got it.
    Thanks for the answer. Be sure to tell me, here or via mp, if you ever release a version HDRP compatible for VR, and i'll buy it.

Have a good day !

AkilliMum likes this.
  2. jorgeolothar

jorgeolothar

Any news on Vive support? Does the Steam Beta OpenVR support for Unity’s XR-Plugin change anything?

3. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Could not get vive yet. Sorry :( This corona thing broke everything.

4. InfinityCoder88

InfinityCoder88

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  5. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Good to hear that :) I will add that to docs. please email me if you have other questions. Regards.

InfinityCoder88 likes this.
  6. Dreamback

Dreamback

Hi, how are we supposed to use this in VR? The instructions don't explain clearly, it says to put the script on "the camera", but there are three cameras in Oculus' OVRCameraRig: LeftEyeAnchor, CenterEyeAnchor, RightEyeAnchor. I ask because it's not working for me in VR, it works out of the corner of my eye but as I turn towards the mirror, the reflection gets covered up in blue (this is if I put it on either all three cameras, or just the left and right eye anchors).

This is with Unity 2019.3.9, URP, Oculus Quest (choosing OculusVR as the device). I tried adding in the fake Skybox using the Standard/Invisible/Skyboxes shader.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  7. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

8. Dreamback

Dreamback

Thanks, the actual problem ended up being our axis - what was reflected looked correct, aside from weird blue blocking the image in VR, but switching the axis from red to red-negative fixed it up, got rid of the blue.

It's a great package, lots of settings for tweaking performance.

9. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Good to hear that. It works according to object facing direction. Most of the time it is greenY positive. But it can change according to the model or exports (fbx) etc. So, may need to try every axis :)

747423517 likes this.
  10. b4gn0

b4gn0

Hi AkilliMum, just a quick question before buying.

Is it possible to add planar reflection to our existing water shader (written in shadergraph) using your forward renderer?
    We would just need the reflected texture, and we can blend it ourselves.
    Or, is there a way to use your shader inside a shadergraph shader?

Thank you!

11. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Hi, please write me via akillimum@gmail.com we can find a way i suppose :)

12. Backbrainer

Backbrainer

Hi,
    I recently bought the asset for a small project for Oculus Quest and it is finally working but with some flickering issues. In the bug fixes section it says that the reflections may flicker if Temporal AA is selected but it should work with any other type. I have been finding where to change this but so far I have only been able to disable MSAA completely (fixing the issue) but degrading dramatically the quality of the graphics.

I'm using Unity 202.1.1f1 URP

13. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Hi, i will try a simple project with latest 2020. But it will be good if you send me a simple project with the error exists. Because it maybe related with an option you selected or another script or an effect etc. So i can find the problem easily. Please send it to me via akillimum@gmail.com

14. Backbrainer

Backbrainer

Hello, and thanks for the quick response. I have it working now but it might be something to consider further. The flickering happens when antialiasing is enabled and Render every X frames is set to a value greater than 1.

Because my project is a small VR simulation of my home, just to see how the renovations we are making would look, the performance hit is not so bad and I can still use it without skipping any frames but it might be a thing to consider for a new version of the asset.

Great work btw!!

15. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Hmm, i suppose i may be missed something with RenderXthFrame option with VR :) thanks for the info, i will look into that. And please consider using reflectionProbes and myScript together (please look into MixBlackColorRefProbes scenes for samples). So you may gain very much performance with static objects comes from reflection probes but the moving objects from my script :) It actually mixes refProbes and realtime reflections as you can understand. Please write me if you can not get them work together.

16. passeridaepc

passeridaepc

Hi!
    Do you have any plans regarding HDRP?

17. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

I suppose there are planar ref probes there, is not that good enough for similar jobs?

18. passeridaepc

passeridaepc

Aren't yours more performant? I mean, the ones you made support VR, interreflections, etc. Such stuff is generally not possible with HDRP planar reflections which kill almost 50% of your performance just for having one such planar probe in the view.

19. AkilliMum

AkilliMum

Yeah maybe i have more options for optimization, i really did not checked the HDRP. If you are saying VR and mirror in mirror, yeah you maybe right.
    So if I come to your first question, I did not look into HDRP detailed yet. So i do not plan to move mirror to HDRP right now. As i know it does not have a rendersinglecam method etc for easy camera rendering (another cam). So if anyone know how to render another cam (dynamic) easily on a scene, it may help me :)

unityunity