Search Unity

[Released] URP Debug Views

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ph_, Jan 9, 2020.

1. ph_

ph_

Download URP Debug Views from the Unity Asset Store!

URP_Screenshots_2048x1152_02.png URP_Screenshots_2048x1152_03.png URP_Screenshots_2048x1152_04.png URP_Screenshots_2048x1152_05.png URP_Screenshots_2048x1152_01.png

URP Debug Views - A unique plugin that adds debug views support for LWRP / URP and more!

TLDR
    URP Debug Views adds must have features for anyone that uses LWRP / URP:
    • most of the debug views from the built-in renderer (including Shaded Wireframe!)
    • works in scene view, game view and in builds
    • add your own debug view with a single shader

Available debug views
    • Shaded Wireframe
    • World normals
    • World tangents
    • Shadow cascades
    • Overdraw
    • Vertex color R
    • Vertex color G
    • Vertex color B
    • Vertex color RGB
    • Vertex color A
    • UV0 Checker
    • UV1 Checker

Available everywhere
    Debug views work in scene view, game view but also in builds. It has been tested on various PCs, Mac, Android and VR.

Custom
    Adding custom debug views is very easy, a single shader is enough! You can then plug the newly created debug view in an editor menu, shortcuts or a custom in-game menu.

Time saver
    Being able to check problems and iterate on them quickly is very important, especially if you are an indie game developper.
    "Why is this vertex color not working? Is the problem coming from the mesh, Unity or the shader?"
    "What is this visual bug, is it coming from the geometry or the textures?"

Any of theses questions and many more can be answered in one click by using the correct view. Without any debug view, it can take 10 minutes, an hour, or more.
    Less time fixing problems means more time working on your game. Your time is important, value it!

Full source code included!

Support
    I'm dedicated to make this asset a must-have for LWRP / URP. I answer to email and do my best to fix bugs and implement feature request.
    Please don't hesitate to contact me for feedback, ideas or bug report at ph.graphics.unity@gmail.com
    You can also come and chat on Discord at https://discord.gg/ksURBah
    If you are not convinced yet, you can look at reviews for my other asset ShaderGraph Essentials or come and check the support that is provided on Discord!

For an in-depth explanation about all features, you can have a look at the online documentation.

Requirements
    - Available and tested in any 2019.x or 2020.1
    - please use the latest LWRP / URP package available
    - URP Debug Views requires one license per seat

Download URP Debug Views from the Unity Asset Store!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    StaggartCreations likes this.
  2. ph_

ph_

Launch price 30% OFF for the first month: 19.99$.
    Will go up to 29.99$ February1st 2020!
    Grab your copy now!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  3. ph_

ph_

Version 1.0.1 has been released on the asset store!
    • Fixed a bug that prevented shaders from ShaderGraph to be used in a debug view.
    • Added asmdefs

4. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

I hope you answer here. I sometimes get stucked with debug view mode. I can change mode, but "None" aka disabling debug view dosn't work. And only way to fix this issue is uninstall plugin.

5. ph_

ph_

Hi there!
    I'm sorry your encountered a bug with the plugin!
    Can you tell me what Unity version you're using? And what LWRP / URP version?
    Do you know of any repro steps to create the issue?

Also, if you're using discord feel free to join the server (https://discord.gg/ksURBah) or poke me ph#1332 for faster iteration.

6. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

Unity 2019.0.3f6
    URP 7.1.8
    To reproduce stucking just create new project, import URP Debug, select some debug view mode. Then just create new script. After script compilation is finished you get stucked in that debug view mode.

>discord ... faster iteration
    Faster iteration, but loss of information. Nobody can google this problem if all discussion go in discord, and gone in amount of days.

7. ph_

ph_

Thanks for the details. I'm working on a solution and will let you know here when it's submitted to Unity.

8. ph_

ph_

A new version (1.0.2) with the fix for 2019.1 / 2019.2 / 2019.3 has been submitted to Unity and should be approved soon!

9. ph_

ph_

@BattleAngelAlita version 1.0.2 is available on the store with the fix.
    Sorry again that you had this problem; please let me know if there is anything else.

10. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

How to properly uninstall this plugin?

11. ph_

ph_

Hi there,
    I assume you tried to delete the folder in Plugins/ and something didn't work? Can you let me know what exactly?

12. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

Looks like plugin disable my Renderer Features setup.

13. ph_

ph_

While you are using the debug views or when you are viewing the normal view?

14. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

Normal view.

15. ph_

ph_

Ok, let me check that and come back to you. Are you still on
    Unity 2019.0.3f6
    URP 7.1.8
    ?

16. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

I figure out what happens. I use different pipeline assets for different levels(and many URP users do something like this for a quality settings). Looks like Debug Views silently change my pipeline asset to asset that be used in the first level.

17. ph_

ph_

When you change the Debug views from "None" to anything else (except Shaded wireframe which is different), the plugin backup the SRP asset you were using to its own (to be able to render the debug view). When you go back to "None", it will put the same SRP asset back.
    If you stay in "None" and the plugin changes what is happening in your game, then it's a bug! Please let me know and I'll fix it.
    If it's something else, then can I have a detailed flow to get the same problem?

18. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

I figure out again :)
    You change pipeline assets through QualitySettings.renderPipeline, and i change it through GraphicsSettings.renderPipelineAsset

19. ph_

ph_

Yes, actually I was using GraphicsSettings.renderPipelineAsset, but I think in 2019.2 or .3, they added the Quality one which takes over the graphics settings one. So I decided to change it too.
    Now that I think about it, this could be an option in the plugin, to fit the one your are using.

20. ph_

ph_

URP Debug Views version 1.1.3 has been release on the store!

Changelog:
    • Added support for Unity 2020.1
    • Fixed all warnings

This update has no change if you are on Unity 2019.x.

Have a great day y'all!