Search Unity

[Released] uNode - Visual Scripting [Support C# Import/Export]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by wahid_rachmawan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.5.3 has been submitted for review!

changelog v1.5.3:
    -Added uNodeConsole which improve debugging by quickly jump to the error node.
    -Added Succeeder node
    -Added Failer node
    -Added ability to edit function parameter type.
    -Added ability to edit generic parameter type constraint.
    -Added support to parse comment in statement expression.
    -Improved JsonHelper
    -Improved uNodeEditor
    -Improved CSharpParser
    -Improved CSharpGenerator
    -Fixed parsing extension method with same name.
    -Fixed editor not repaint when editing value in unity inspector.
    -Fixed node hide when comment are too many.
    -Fixed error on invoking some generic function.
    -Fixed error on calling initializer when value created using MemberData.
    -Fixed error on drawing generic function node.
    -Fixed can't create array parameter using generic parameter.
    -Fixed can't create generic type parameter node.
    -Fixed error on generating typeof(T) code.
    -Fixed some bugs

Download here : http://maxygames.com/download/

The new update will have a 40% discount for a limited time.

Rixtter and Mark_01 like this.
  2. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Due to an urgent bug(uNode auto focus on selection changed) and the Asset Store Team must include the original price on our sales description we skip version 1.5.3 and submit version 1.5.4.

changelog v1.5.4:
    -Added support to parse Generic MethodDeclaration syntax.
    -Added support to parse typeof(T) syntax.
    -Added support to parse Is expression.
    -Improved CSharpGenerator, dramatically increase generating times.
    -Fixed uNodeEditor auto focus on selection changed.
    -Fixed wrong on displaying arrays of generic type.
    -Fixed error on creating generic type with parameter more than one and using generic parameter.
    -Fixed error on generating ISNode.
    -Fixed some editor bugs

Mark_01 likes this.
  3. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.5.4 has been released on the Asset store.

4. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

First uNode video :

uNode v1.5.4 has a bug that can't parse instance variable correctly.
    Follow the steps below to fix it:
    -Open CSharpParser.cs with any text editor (located in Assets\uNode\C# Parser\Editor\CSharpParser.cs)
    -Find and replace 'AllowDirrectEdit(sType)' to '(AllowDirrectEdit(sType) || setting.parent == null)' without quotes in the CSharpParser script.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Mark_01 and AthrunVLokiz like this.
  5. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Finally I found a way to make CSharpParser support the newer version of unity.
    The CSharpParser did not work because of missing dependencies of some plugins, don't know why its working on U2018.1.0f2.

Import the attached file to your project to fix errors 'Unloading broken assemblies' when you are using CSharpParser on newer unity version.

Tested works using Unity 2018.1.3f1.

Attached Files:

Mark_01 likes this.
  6. sledgeman

sledgeman

Nice Progress ! And i have to say: really good idea, with the option to download the Asset-Updates on your site !!! Much better, than allways downloading via AssetStore.

EDIT:
    Feature Request: lets say i want to rotate 10x objects with "Transform.Rotate"-node, exactly same rotations on all 10x objects. Therefore usualy i need to make 10x nodes (Transform.Rotate) or copy and paste them. I think it would be much better, if we can do it inside the class-variable-tab. Just one transform.rotate-node and the instance is a variable which contains the gameObject targets. Currently we are able to put just 1x GameObject inside the "value"-slot of the class-variable. Can you make it multi-target like inside the "event"-nodes (i guess you remeber what we talked about month ago)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. Lanslot

Lanslot

@sledgeman
    do you mean compiled code like:
    upload_2018-6-13_14-35-6.png
    if so,you can add a class variable with typeof(List<Transform>) like :
    upload_2018-6-13_14-36-47.png
    then add a group node - "ForeachLoop",set a 'TargetArray' in Inspector,then click 'Edit Group' button:
    upload_2018-6-13_14-38-47.png

my english is not good,hope that can help you.

wahid_rachmawan and Mark_01 like this.
  8. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Hi sledgeman,

That feature is good, i think this feature is suitable to be made for action instead of node so i'll made it for action. uNode has action and condition system that let you quicly use premade action or condition to do somethink its very useful for non programmer. But for now its only have little premade action any request are welcome.

Thanks you for request it.

Thank you for explaining it.

Mark_01 likes this.
  9. sledgeman

sledgeman

@Lanslot. Thx for describing it. But i am not able to connect my GameObject-"Array" or my GameObject-"List" into the
    "transform.rotate"-instance. Instance slot does not accept: arrays nor Lists, somehow. Your way doing it by a "group" doesn´t worked for me. :( (guess i don´t know how to do it)

@Wahid: i mean, it would be great if it could be handled more easy ! The more easy it is, the uNode-workflow benefits. When you can put it onto your "To-Do" List, we all will be more happy ! :)

10. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Hi sledgeman,

I think that features is easy to create like lanslot do it so i plan to not to make it in short times, i guess you missing some step when you follow the tutorial from lanslot. Sorry i cant give you picture/tutorial for how to do that because of holliday. Instead of foreachgroup node you can also use foreach node just setup the list and connect the value which i think you better to understand because this use connection instead of groupvariable. As soon as i back to work i will make simple tutorial for how to use foreach node for rotate many object.

Mark_01 likes this.
  11. sledgeman

sledgeman

Hey....i got it working now ! Thx @Lanslot and @Wahid and happy hollydays.

12. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Glad to hear that.

13. sledgeman

sledgeman

It was more easy than i thought ! :)

What about a "comment"-function ? Maybe a semi-transparent window that i can place nearby my nodes. This way i can put my notes everywhere. So i will know what i´ve done 2 years ago ;)

14. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode already have comment system, in inspector it named summary. When the summary filled the semi transparent box will be show in the bottom of node. But if you mean comment for many node uNode currently doesn't have it, it currently in my plans.

15. sledgeman

sledgeman

Hm,

i just found the "comment" inside the inspector of unode. Nothing in the unity inspector. And the comment funtion in unode has black colored text. Not well readable & i can´t change the color. :(

I would prefer a text box / node which i can position where i want in the canvas. It would be great to write down important notes inside such a "resizeable" box / node.

16. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

That what i mean, it currently in my plans it will available soon.

17. sledgeman

sledgeman

okay.....thats cool :cool:

18. ZiadJ

ZiadJ

I'm wondering if the package comes with source code because I tend to avoid reliance on 3rd DLLs in my project.

19. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Hi ZiadJ,

I am sorry but uNode not comes with full source code and no plan to include the source code at the moment. If you only use uNode to generate c# script, you can remove uNode package before build the game.

20. sledgeman

sledgeman

Any time schedule on the upcoming new version ?

21. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Around 1-2 weeks i'll release it.

22. Rixtter

Rixtter

Is there a roadmap we can see?

23. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

The featured roadmap are posted on first post.

Below is some changelog for upcoming version 1.6:
    -Added support to generate generic classes and struct.
    -Added support to parse Nested Types.
    -Added ability to select type from generic parameter for types and functions.
    -Added ability to save parsed uNode to prefab on CSharpParserWindow (only for parsing MonoScripts).
    -Added ability to open menu by pressing Space key on the uNodeEditor canvas.
    -Added NodeLock.cs used to generate lock statement.
    -Added SelectNode.cs used to select one node from many values just like a switch but for value.
    -Added about window.
    -Improved Editor GUI
    -Improved uNode Editor performance.
    -Improved uNodeEditor
    -Improved CSharpParser
    -Improved VariableData
    -Improved MemberData
    -Improved ItemSelector
    -Fixed some bugs
    -And much more

i still made some improvement after that i'll release new version.

picture for editor UI improvement:
    Screenshot (559).png
    and a new about window:
    Screenshot (560).png

24. sledgeman

sledgeman

The new UI looks really good so far. Good job !

25. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

sledgeman and Mark_01 like this.
  26. sledgeman

sledgeman

Really cool. No need to wait for the Unity staff. Can download it directly :cool:

27. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6 has been released on the Asset store.

Rixtter, Mark_01 and MasterSubby like this.
  28. MasterSubby

MasterSubby

Hey, just bought this, great product Was pleasantly surprised! Have one suggestion and maybe a bug though.

I was trying to create my own editor window. I added Assembly-CSharp-Editor to assemblies, so I had access to it's own type in the search. What I'm trying to do is add a local variable of the containing type, because the method is just a static method to open the window.

Usually you do:

YourWindow window = GetWindow<YourWindow>();

Only when I compile, I get a warning (a uNode specific warning) of naming conflicts, still compiled, but sends it to a TempScript folder. Importing over the old files works fine, but tedious. I believe if your script name is different then the assigned name in the properties panel, this conflict doesn't happen. I'll update with the actual error soon, just can't access my PC for a few hours, and wanted to see if it's a bug or you have a specific way of doing stuff based on the local class. But it's very easy to reproduce.

Also I think it would be brilliant if there was a Script tab where Tools/Inspector tabs are. As a coder it would be amazing to see the changes on the fly, instead of working, compiling, look at selected file. Perhaps just send on node or class properties change. Just a suggestion, no one else is doing it, but certainly would be awesome. So you could actually see it as you "program". Who knows though, couple be slow.

Keep up the amazing work though!

29. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Hi ThePositiveMoxie,

When the compile progress you get some error in the console or not?
    It look like the error in the compile progress mean there is something wrong with the generated code.
    Also can you send some pic for the error, it help me to see what kind of error.

That is brillian idea, i think this is a preview generated code before compile. I can make this feature but it would not be able to know the modified code the bad thing is it not real time change mean you need to click a button because the concept is generate the full code and then show the preview for user. I can add it in short time maybe next update will be available. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  30. MasterSubby

MasterSubby

That is awesome, glad you'll try and implement something like that! Good deal. *Edit*: Perhaps a hotkey as well would make it more fast and intuitive?

Here is everything that pertains to the errors:

uNode_Error.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning (CS0436): The type `Continuum.Editor.ContinuumWindow' conflicts with the imported type `Continuum.Editor.ContinuumWindow'. Ignoring the imported type definition
    in line: 10
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarningFormat(String, Object[])
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:Compile(String[]) (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3683)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:GenerateSource() (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3790)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:DrawToolbar() (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3581)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:OnGUI() (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:275)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aborting Generating C# Script because have error.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:GenerateSource() (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3845)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:DrawToolbar() (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3581)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor:OnGUI() (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:275)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Exception: Error (): D:\Life and Style Media\Plugins\Continuum\Project\Continuum\Library\ScriptAssemblies\Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
    in line: 0
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor.Compile (System.String[] source) (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3692)
    MaxyGames.uNode.uNodeEditor.GenerateSource () (at d:/My Project/uNode 2018/Assets/SourceCode/Editor/uNodeEditor.cs:3790)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:291)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:284)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:251)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  31. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Yes a hotkey would speed up working thanks for the idea.

From that error i think the bug inside the precompile, i don't know what happened on compile progress but i'll try to fix it. You can disable the precompile (Tools > Generate CSharp Script > uncheck compile script) to fix the bug.

Edit: just tested on .Net 4.x Equivalent (Scripting Runtime Version) and working, tested using Unity 2018.1.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  32. MasterSubby

MasterSubby

Welp, totally overlooked my .net runtime. That was the problem all along. Sorry about that. I had another in 4.x that worked fine with runtime stuff, but then I guess I didn't switch on this one and didn't notice. I always use 4.x too.

You're, quick though! I'll hit you up with a review.

33. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

So .net 4.x won't fix bug in your pc?

thank you if you want to leave a review.

34. MasterSubby

MasterSubby

No, 4.x DID fix it. Everything works great now. Thanks.

35. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Glad to hear that.

Also the preview c# feature is complete and will be available in the next update.
    Preview Source.gif

36. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

MasterSubby likes this.
  37. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.2 has been submitted for review!

changelog v1.6.2:
    -Added support to parse ThrowStatement syntax.
    -Added LoadScene action.
    -Added RestartScene action.
    -Improved Editor
    -Fixed some bugs

MasterSubby and Mark_01 like this.
  38. sledgeman

sledgeman

Hey, its really nice to get that frequent updates on this asset ! You are one of the rare devs who is constantly working on his project. Allways happy about geting news from uNode !:)

Mark_01 likes this.
  39. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Thanks.

40. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.2 has been released on the Asset store.

sledgeman and Mark_01 like this.
  41. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.3 has been submitted for review!

changelog v1.6.3:
    -Added ability to change method target for MultipurposeNode.
    -Added ability to change constructor target for MultipurposeNode.
    -Improved Editor
    -Fixed some bugs

42. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.3 has been released on the Asset store.

Mark_01 likes this.
  43. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.4 has been submitted for review!

changelog v1.6.4:
    -Added preference to prevent editing prefab on play (true by default).
    -Added ability to change method target for MemberData.
    -Added ability to change constructor target for MemberData.
    -Added ability to set output pin value by right click the pin.
    -Added support to add or raise event.
    -Added NodeUsing.cs used to generate using statement.
    -Added Editor error checker used to predicted an error before generating C# or running uNode.
    -Improved Editor
    -Improved various node to support error checker
    -Fixed some bugs

The newer version have error checker which help user to fix possibly errors before hit play or compile.
    ErrorChecker.png

I decided to lower the price to $50 for new update, it may be increased in the future version.

Mark_01 likes this.
  44. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.4 has been released on the Asset store.

Mark_01 likes this.
  45. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

uNode v1.6.5 has been submitted for review!

changelog v1.6.5:
    -Added new template feature.
    -Added ability to create uNode class/struct from template.
    -Added ability to export uNode class/struct to template.
    -Added ability to make anonymous function by right-clicking on pin which has delegate type.
    -Added support to parse event.
    -Added support to parse using statement.
    -Added support to parse ref/out parameters.
    -Added support to parse method attributes.
    -Added support to generate ref/out parameters.
    -Added FlowInput class used to make custom flow input.
    -Improved Editor
    -Improved core script for further development
    -Improved node search
    -Improved ItemSelector
    -Fixed some bugs

CSharpParser is no longer marked as BETA, I think it's stable enough.

Now uNode automatically finds an extension method from 'using namespaces' in the 'CSharp Generator' settings.
    This also applies when you want to find a node, you can add a new namespace and uNode will find all nodes with that namespace, no matter what the assembly is.
    Extensions.gif

The new template system allows users to start making things faster.
    Here's a tutorial on how to create a simple template and use that template to create uNode.
    Templates.gif

From time to time i have improve the productivity to use uNode. Let me know if anyone request a new feature, post it here or pm me.
    I have spent a lot of time improving uNode now it's time to move to make new tutorials, documentation, examples and maybe a videos for uNode so the next update after this will be more longer.

Mark_01 and AthrunVLokiz like this.
  46. Mark_01

Mark_01

It looks really good. :) Tutorials always help. Maybe do a some of the starting Unity examples .. ?
    the 2d space ship shooter game ? If you use free Unity examples then you don't need to
    include files and people can follow along.

47. sledgeman

sledgeman

I would say, move on to doing some examples, tutorials and so on ! uNode is mature enough now, in my oppinion. I think you would generate more users by doing these tutorials. More users = more usefull feature request.

Mark_01 likes this.
  48. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Hi,

Hmm, in my opinion, I think I will make some tutorials for simple tasks such as how to move, rotate, load levels etc.
    The 2d space ship shooter will be great for a new example, do you have any suggestions for free assets in the store?

Yes uNode is mature i just need to made tutorial for how to using uNode, and yes more user give more feature request.

Mark_01 likes this.
  49. Mark_01

Mark_01

You could go with any of the free Unity tutorials ...
    The one i was thinking is .. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/13866
    and or https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/40756

possibly the new 3d and 2d game kits https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/115747

Maybe a break out game and the good old " pong " game :) ...

I think ideally you would want to try to set it up to show off as many features as you can.

The CSharpParser could be great to show how to use this to set up nodes then use the nodes
    to remake the game, could be another tut.

Also how to add the assemblies Unity has, I assume it has reflection ... too .. this could help
    some people with less coding to " fix " ? small problems .. or add/ hook into a project to ad
    more options.

First video I guess would be a walk tho of the whole system.

One thing I have found ... people these days are so ADHD , try and keep tutorials to maybe 20 mins,
    even if you have to do part one 2 3 etc .... There prolly numbers some where on the net of the
    best attention times to do videos on. I find i can snack through many 15 - 20 min videos no problem..
    but the one hour ... I loose focus and have to rewind, and the problem with that is its harder to find the section you want.

If its possible think ahead .. no one likes doing tutorials ( I would think ) and the more the tool grows,
    tutorials can become out of date. So if say your UI changes or location of buttons changes you
    would want to only have to redo or update some of the main UI tutorials and then people can
    still do the say .. shooter tutorial etc ..

Hope that makes sense.

50. wahid_rachmawan

wahid_rachmawan

Hi,

I've examples and videos for survival shooter. i will take a look into space shooter i think it would be great for new examples. Yea the new 2d and 3d game kit is awesome, i will take a time try to convert it to uNode.
    And i think to make an simple examples which i can include it in the package, this will be my first priority for new examples.

I have tut for how to use CSharpParser but i think make another tut to remake a game, converting it to uNode and integrate it with state machine.

For reflection tutorial i think to make how to use uNode to integrate with another popular assets.

yes i don't think to make a video long, i will try make it clean, simple and easy to understand.

Thanks you very much.

Mark_01 likes this.