Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Sound FX - Thousands of sounds in evolving library

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imphenzia, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Ruben_Chris

Ruben_Chris

More footstep sounds please. At least grass would be nice

2. Ruben_Chris

Ruben_Chris

Maybe walking and running through water would be a nice effect to add in. Swimming?

3. hopeful

hopeful

There's a lot of SFX for free on the asset store. There is a cash register sound here. Not sure if it is what you want.

4. Marcirazzo

Marcirazzo

Yes, thanks a lot!

hopeful likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

How about updating with more sounds please? This needs more high quality sounds while getting rid of the low quality ones / replacing them. Too many app click sounds and not so good voice sounds.

6. DarkX

DarkX

i wish to buy the asset. but its a lot big (800mb) if i would download on the assetstore sure i wont ever get the asset.(the download will fail)

if i buy on the assetstore you can send me on another server.?

another store? i dont know.

Thanks in advance

7. imphenzia

imphenzia

Hi! If you purchase via the asset store and the download fails you are welcome to contact me via universalsoundfx.com on provide the invoice number and I'll send you alternative links and if necessary split archives of smaller sizes.

Best regards,
    Stefan

8. imphenzia

imphenzia

Hello, yes! I will do so for sure - I've been working hard on my procedural planet asset (http://www.imphenzia.com/proceduralplanets) recently and will focus on that until I can release it this or next month. After that there will be a major update to Universal Sound FX - I've got all the footstep surfaces gathered in my garage to add plenty of those and do some voice recordings of different characters.

I ended up working full time in my consultancy role until July this year but I managed to save up enough so I can no do Imphenzia for 6-12 months to give my assets the attention they need! Thanks for your patience!

hopeful likes this.
  9. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

FYI, your website for procedural planets still says you're shooting for July or August. :D

10. imphenzia

imphenzia

Yep, I know =) Thanks. Reworking the website now for the Standalone image exporter launch this week.

11. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

Do you have a thread going for that? It looks pretty sweet.

12. DarkX

DarkX

Of those want to buy the asset.

First take a look of the company you are dealing with!
    I ask per e-mail for the download links that he mentioned on the response.
    He send me a corrupted file, i ask and no response!

Worse Consumer Treatment Ever!

13. imphenzia

imphenzia

I will actually happily refund you.

1. Following your purchase I created a custom split download version of Universal Sound FX that I uploaded to Dropbox
    2. I provided you with the download links as promptly as I could
    3. I apologized for the missed file #2 link and corrected the mistake
    4. I responded to your claim that file #5 was corrupt, which it wasn't - I verified it by downloading it separately
    5. You sent me multiple abuse emails claiming worst customer support ever and threatening to spam the thread and my rating

I went out of my way to provide the separate downloads and I am issuing a refund because frankly I prefer not to have you as a customer. You are taking up the time I could be spending releasing and updating my assets for those who appreciate the value.

TeagansDad, wood333, josiah_r and 5 others like this.
  14. imphenzia

imphenzia

I will be posting a new thread for the asset, glad you found it interesting =)

15. Eralmidia

Eralmidia

Didn't like that negative post standing as the last feedback, as this really is a very good asset, and great value for money. Keep up the good work. Hope there is a version 1.5 in the works :)

16. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Yes, 1.5 will come, I just have to release my "Procedural Planets" asset in the next week or two and then a major update for Universal Sound FX is due!

Mayureshete likes this.
  17. manny_star

manny_star

Hi there!

I sent a couple of enquiries via your website - do you still reply to that or only via this forum now?

Many thanks

Emman

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

A few roller coaster track movement sounds would be nice. I was a little surprised to not find any. Great collection of sounds though. :)

19. imphenzia

imphenzia

Yes, sorry for the delay - I've responded now. Took part in Ludum Dare 40 and then 3 sick children. All returning back to normal stress levels now :)

I've got some coaster sounds recorded queued up for the next release. They are a bit tricky to come by but I smuggled a handheld recorder onto the coaster when I went with my kids =) Thanks!

20. Deepwolf413

Deepwolf413

Hi, any news on a new update? :)

JBR-games, recon0303 and DrOcto like this.
  21. Henry00IS

Henry00IS

I have to say I absolutely love this asset, I am regretting that I purchased it for a discount because you deserve more money. Here's two suggestions:
    - Cannon sounds.
    - Howling wind ambience, the more extreme winds that you'd hear standing on a very high tower.

Update
    - Church Bell.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    imphenzia likes this.
  22. imphenzia

imphenzia

Hey all - my bad conscience is checking in, ahem, ahem. I tend to think I can do more than what time allows me to and it's not that I don't have the ambition - I just end up having to prioritize and balance my time between the assets, kids, house, and now I've unfortunately had to return to my day job as well so I can pay for the bills.

I did start to record footsteps, I have a work sheet and shoes and surfaces lined up but it's a total of 87000 footsteps / movements to be recorded so it is taking some time =) Only a few of those 87k will end up in USFX since most of them will need to find their place in a dedicated footsteps package but I expect a substantial amount (maybe 1K or so) will make their way to USFX. The majority of the 87k steps are subtle round robin variations because I record 16-32 running, walking, sneaking, stomping, scraping, twisting, sounds etc.

At the same time... this is what out *kitchen* is looking like the very minute:

..so I have retreated along with my wife and two kids into living in a single room full of dust, tools, and we are running between the basement and the garage to try to cook and get the kids to and from school =) I estimate the kitchen will be back in order in about 5 weeks so it's eating up a lot of my "spare" time at the moment.

I don't want this to sound like a big excuse post, but I felt like I have to check in to be fair on every one. I realize that it's a long time since USFX was updated but time will come around for it. Sorry for keeping you all waiting and I hope you make some awesome games meanwhile =)

23. Mysado

Mysado

Any chances for some sounds for fantasy rpg? Spell sounds, weapon hit sounds, some generic enemy sounds?
    Of course i can see that you have some real life problems atm so no need to hurry :)

24. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks - spell sounds, weapon hits are already in the pack but I can always add more =)

The house is still in a crazy state and no kitchen yet (it's actually being mounted now as I type but still a few weeks away from being usable). On top of everything my wife had to fly back to England because she lost her younger brother (who was also a father of 3 like me) in a tragic event so my asset time is currently reduced to zero until she comes back home. It's been a crazy year so far but I hope it can only get better =)

Meanwhile, I hope everyone is having fun making games and you can still enter sound requests in this thread.

JBR-games likes this.
  25. dnoparker

dnoparker

Are the sound effects in Universal Sound FX covered by the sound effect(s) license on your website?

I only ask because some of these sound effects could be really handy for my animation videos!

26. imphenzia

imphenzia

You can contact me via my web site with the question as I am bound to speak about the asset here =)

27. Mufun

Mufun

Hi, I'm new to Unity and also plan to create a game without it. Only made an account to write here.
    This Sound set got my attention from the current sale at humblebundle.com.
    There it is listed as a Unity asset. So far I tested with some free audio asset. It is also possible to export those files from unity editor.
    So here my question.
    Am I allowed to use those sounds (exported from unity editor or some other source?) in a commercial game not made with Unitiy or Cryengine? As far as I understood the licence at your web page that should be possible. But will ask again to be sure about it.

If the game is released and the player can download it am I allowed to just locate the sound files in the game subfolder souds with names like sound.wav or do they need some kind of DRM? Do they need to be encrypted? or something like that? Or is it OK if the user has direct access to those used sounds?
    For sure there will be some reference in credits about the source of those used sounds.

So far only heard some sounds from the example video. But sounds good so far. Also read the preview at the unity shop page. It contains many different sounds which can be used in a huge variety game situation. Only thing what I'm missing is some more variation of sounds which aren't static, like nature sounds, e.g. thunder. Those sounds are always different in reality. The game would gain some more immersion with more variation of those.
    Nonetheless it's sounds like a great sound set.
    Thanks for making this.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  28. Hope @imphenzia doesn't mind...

So, I have a voucher for Universal Sound FX which I'm willing to give away, because I have his asset for a long time already and recently I've got another one in a bundle.

"Over the years I've combined many other hobbies, such as composing [...], audio recording, sound effect design, game asset development, and game development, under the same name."

The [...] represents three words, answer me with the right ones and you will get the free voucher in PM.
    The answer can be found on the website. And when you're there, please, consider to support him. Thank you.

29. halley

halley

I'm having trouble finding basic voice grunts, male or female. Getting hit, struggling to climb, lifting heavy things, that sort of thing. Basic non-verbal utterances like "Mmhmm" and "Eh?" And most of the yells I have found are really campy horror movie types heavily over-acted screaming... how about just slightly startled?

30. starfoxy

starfoxy

I am having an issue trying to install this asset on unity 2019.3 beta. It just fails to copy the files over. I have tried deleting and re-downloading from the asset store as well. I am able to install other assets just fine. Please help. :)

MoonbladeStudios likes this.
  31. Henry00IS

Henry00IS

How is the kitchen coming along? :D

32. SMART-LE

SMART-LE

Is there an Excel sheet version of the PDF? I would like something sortable and searchable.