Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Sound FX - Thousands of sounds in evolving library

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imphenzia, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Radzievskyi

Radzievskyi

Thank you for amazing work!

Sobbing sounds we already record by ourself, is not so good quality same your sounds, but is will be with background music, so is ok for me. It will be good if you add more horror sounds as you can, thank you very much!

I feel price your sounds much more than 40$, but I happy about I bought it before :)

Happy New Year!

2. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks a lot! Realistically I should price it at $300+ but I feel that would be too expensive for many independent developers so I want to get high quality sounds into the hands of people with a very low budget for making games.

Happy new year :)

red2blue, Tinjaw and ikazrima like this.
  3. imphenzia

imphenzia

4. imphenzia

imphenzia

Not too important in this forum but maybe for curiosity... Today I found time to put together a video showing the steps of treating my sound recording room:

5. Jesus

Jesus

Honestly, you'll probably get 1000 times more sales at $40 for each sale you'd possibly get at $400. I reckon you're the only one apart from Unity that knows how well you did with the daily sale, but going off Steam sales numbers I think it's gotta hold true for this as well.

As always, top shelf work there dude. Downloading the latest update now!

6. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks - most appreciated! =) It takes a lot of time but I feel like I'm in good shape to add serious content now following all the investments and preparations so I'm very excited. The asset store size limit concerns me though. Now I have to do some SPACE for Unity dev as well, but sound effects will be ongoing at all times too.

Everyone: The 50% sale is on until Sunday so hurry up and pick it up before it price goes to $40.

7. Reiika

Reiika

Hey, I love your asset, I bought this and I love the update, I dont know if you do feature requests but I have a few suggestsion if they dont already exist

-Indistinguishable chatter (male / female / crowd) - Would be used for talking character's generic sound
    -Indistinguishable whisper chant (male / female / crowd) - Would be used for like magic spells casting

Example

So like the examples but minus the spooky part

8. hopeful

hopeful

Isn't the size limit up to 2G now? I thought they raised it during the summer, but not entirely sure what the policy is.

Manny Calavera likes this.
  9. imphenzia

imphenzia

Oh, that would be sweet if that is the case! =) I'll have to look properly.

Tinjaw and Manny Calavera like this.
  10. imphenzia

imphenzia

Great thanks! I'm actually building a "stealth rig" for public chatter recordings and other public ambiences so they will appear. The whispers are a good suggestion too!

11. plagas36

plagas36

Hey guys.
    First of all, you're doing an awesome job.
    Thank you so much. This is helping us a lot.
    And that price though... You're the best. Honestly.

I read that you also take request :)
    So if that's the case, we'd love to have more footsteps like dirt, mud, grass.
    I also tried to find some convincing sliding sound for my character, couldn't find anything anywhere.

When I think about it, characters movement sound are not that easy to find.
    Foostep, slide, impact with the ground.

What could also be awesome with all those explosions is some rocks or iceberg falling and collapsing.

Once again, thanks for everything. And sorry if I've made grammar mistakes

12. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks Plagas36!

Yes, footsteps are on the agenda for sure. I've collected sand, rocks, gravel, dirt etc. in big bags and I've built foley boxes so I'm getting close to recording. New footsteps, movement and sliding sounds will make it in to USFX for sure. However, my Excel matrix of 15 different types of shoes, 21 surfaces, sneaking/walking/running/jumping/sliding/stomping/twisting and 16 repetitions of each movement with a close microphone and a mid range microphone = 70'000 individual samples so I will have to release the complete footstep and ground interaction collection as a separate asset. Still, USFX will have a wide coverage too.

johanneskopf, manpower13 and montyfi like this.
  13. plagas36

plagas36

Thanks for this quick answer. Could you give us the name of this new asset when it will be out? I think I'll also buy it.

14. imphenzia

imphenzia

Yes, I'll give a shout out in this thread too!

15. Chuckalicious

Chuckalicious

Thousands of sounds....ah, but do they have the one I NEED?
    Yes!! YES!! HAHAHAHA YES!
    THOUSANDS of sounds I thought, surely they have the sound of the ocean. OMG perfect sound under Elements >> Water >> Sea and Splashes not to mention Alarms >> Foghorn.

I'm so giddy…so many sounds…so little time…well, only cause Unity doesn't make it easy to search/sample/pick what you want on import :-( That of course has no bearing on this asset. Awesome. Incredible. 5 star review.

I noticed the in the assets synopsis it said to make requests in this forum...
    Even with so many sounds…can I ask for a sound walking through grass and brush? I didn't see that in the list of footsteps sounds or I simply missed it because there are so many! Lol Love this!!!! Oh and maybe a low tone foghorn and dingy …please :)

16. eses

eses

Hi there,

new customer - just thought I'd give some feedback. I did a quick listen to all samples while doing coding... so these are my first impressions. Overall very nice quality, levels are quite consistent, and files are cut properly ready for use like promised. However, it felt like there were obvious items that would be better removed / replaced.

Voices/
    Female
    Male
    Robotic

These are pretty specific to C'n'C style or such games, and even then only prototype quality because of acting.

VEHICLES\Space\SciFi_PassBy
    These felt like a disappointment - only four items in space vehicles for constant level engine sounds? But then 75 pass by sounds? Unity and most games can nowadays handle fading of audio, so I don't see much use for these at all, instead these could be reversed in amount. I would have had use for sci-fi engine loops that I can use as 3D sound.

MUSIC_EFFECTS\*
    These are IMHO way too similar, old fashioned in style and sound annoying and cliche. It feels like it's just a repetition of "Ta-da-da-dadda-daa!" and "Do-do-dooh". I'd rather have a set with different styles; oriental/scifi/horror/puzzle game themed sounds, less but more variation.

If this came out sounding too negative - no worries - I feel like most of the other stuff will be very useful!

Some ideas / requests for new / replacement sound for above, which would be this a complete go-to pack for prototyping: Add a basic set of animals, I wouldn't mind if some / all are human made imitations, these would be great:

Common animals:
    Cat, dog, wolf, bear, pig, cricket, frog, sheep.
    With some sort of basic set like: typical/annoyed/alarmed/attack.

Common birds:
    Vulture, eagle, small bird, crow. (These would cover basic set and most useful bird sounds).

17. hopeful

hopeful

Just pointing it out in case you weren't aware, there is a free animal sounds asset on the store.

eses likes this.
  18. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks - great feedback everyone! Voices will probably be moved to another asset in the future with more voice actor variations and additional content.

I'll make sure to add many more loopable scifi sounds and maybe temporary placeholder animals until I can get the real deal. I am working on arranging recording sessions with farm animals to begin with, but I have to work full time in my day job for a couple of months now so time is a bit of an issue.

As for the Music Effects, I will take that into consideration too! And additional footsteps are coming =)

eses likes this.
  19. Chuckalicious

Chuckalicious

What about footsteps? We need more of these. Currently there is nothing for walking though grass, brush, water, etc...please these are pretty standard, right? Thank you too BTW for a great asset. If you create other libraries I'll get those too!

20. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

+1 for footsteps and even animal footsteps

21. imphenzia

imphenzia

Yes, footsteps are a priority for next update too!

Chuckalicious likes this.
  22. runningbird

runningbird

just purchased !!! great stuff!!!

recon0303 likes this.
  23. plagas36

plagas36

Hi,
    Do we have any news on the next pack with all the footsteps and all?
    Is it still a work in progress?

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

do you have any clock sounds?

25. Lord Emperor

Lord Emperor

Consider adding sounds effects for boardgames (rolling dice, shuffling cards, etc). I'm personally looking for a dice hitting a wood and a glass surface. I want to trigger a collision effect when my virtual dice hits a surface.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  26. imphenzia

imphenzia

Hey all =)

I am packaging the v1.4 update this week so there will be a May update. I am aiming for quarterly updates but a recent 6w trip to the other side of the world caused some delays. Footsteps will be added in v1.4 but I am capturing nearly 30000 samples for various shoes and surfaces so I will have to release a dedicated footstep asset. I will still add plenty of steps in USFX too though.

No specific clocks yet. But thanks for the suggestion, I will bring my mics to my mother's house and the clocks that tormented my youth ringing in the nights will finally find a worthy purpose in life =)

Thanks! Will do, I'll add that for v1.4 now in this release. So I gather you want individual hits of the dice and not just a classic roll. I'll do both individual hits with round robin variations as well as shaking and rolling sequences.

Binary42, runningbird and red2blue like this.
  27. plagas36

plagas36

Thanks for the answer Imphy!

28. runningbird

runningbird

would love some more spell fx...

29. Smokas

Smokas

Bought asset on sale :) - finally almost everything I needed in one place - no more "hunting" for sounds on Internet

Would be possible to include footsteps sound on water/wet surface/swamp in some of future releases?

30. gilley033

gilley033

Hi, I purchased this package a while back. It's great! I was wondering if you could add (or if there already exists in the package), a sound similar to the sound the puck makes when hitting the pegs in the Price Is Right game Plinko (go to 3:13 in the video below).

Thanks!

31. 2Elemental

2Elemental

As already indicated on my asset store review, I absolutely love your package!
    Regarding feature requests, I am more working with business applications than games, so I'd love to see this expanded with more UI sounds (e.g. sliders, scrollers, navigation, progressbar loop) as well as interactivity sounds (grabbing, resizing, rotating, tapping, pinching, windows opening/closing/sliding/..., etc).

In any case, this asset package is one of my favourites :)

32. imphenzia

imphenzia

Hey all! Thanks for more request, I will keep them in mind including the UI sounds, the puck, and spells!

Today version 1.4 was released in the asset store adding 765 new sound effects bringing the total to 5018 sounds! Included in the update are, for example: ambiences, spacecraft, cows, horses, dog, duck, bees, crickets, tiger, audiences, toys, construction, camera, gates, doors, drawers, rain, thunder, foley, leather footsteps, locks, appliances, zombie, metal movement, squeaks, horn, screams (female, male, kids), exclamations (wohoo, yipee, etc.), hurt/pain sounds (male, female, kids), laughs, martial art shouts.

The pack is also on an unofficial SALE today at 75% off so hurry up if you haven't got it yet =)

TeagansDad, red2blue, Tinjaw and 5 others like this.
  33. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

I bought this over a year ago and it was a steal at that time, the fact that thousands of useful sounds have been added since I bought it makes it just something that needs to be recommended to everyone. So much of what you will ever need is already included.

TeagansDad, imphenzia and Tinjaw like this.
  34. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

After update 1.4 almost all references to sounds from this pack are lost because inner Unity IDs of sounds are changed.
    You must keep IDs of old sounds unchanged!

35. Ceasius

Ceasius

I'd love to buy this pack and will probably very soon. I have a request to add more sounds with household items or general slice of life sounds. For example moving in bed, snoring, toasters, ovens, kettles boiling. Perhaps also shower noises (little different from just rain). It's been challenging finding all the sounds in one place if you wanted to create games like the Sims or Stardew Valley.

manpower13 likes this.
  36. XAPF

XAPF

I just bought this pack, but I can only open it in Unity... Isn't there another way how to open this?

37. Deozaan

Deozaan

Once you've unpacked it using Unity, all the sound files will be there for you to browse and use in whatever other program you want.

38. Meltdown

Meltdown

How many UI related sound fx are in this pack?
    Is there a full list of sounds I can look at somewhere?

39. Deozaan

Deozaan

40. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

There area bunch. everything from very subtle clicks to more distinct sounds for casual games.

41. ricke44654

ricke44654

Just bought this the other day and wow... great sounds and a ton of them at a great price! One general question (perhaps noobish, be gentle)... what process do you guys use to try out sounds?

For example, I don't want all 5000+ sounds in my game just to try them out. Do you generally just make a throw away Unity project and import all the sounds, then play away until you find one you like, then import it into your game? Since it's a large asset, it took almost 10 minutes to import them all into a blank Unity project for some testing. Just wondering if there's a better way (import them in stages, etc.) :)

Thanks for the great work!

wood333 likes this.
  42. BornGodsGame

BornGodsGame

I have a project named ´sounds´ where I put all my sound files, then as I am building my real game, I just make a list as I go of what sounds I need, then when I am ready, I go ´shopping´ in my sounds project and select all the ones I need and export them as a package, and then import them into my real game.

I have two major folders in my sound project.. one is for Universal Sound Fx so I can just update it whenever he releases a new update.. the other is just an ´everything else´ folder where I grab sounds from free stuff on the asset store and elsewhere. Both folders have the same subfolders, so if I need like a ´bullet impact´ I test the ones in Universal, and then test what i have in the miscellanious folder. It is always good to have a lot of options for times when you want random sounds for any given event.

radimoto, runningbird and hopeful like this.
  43. Deozaan

Deozaan

I do something very similar. I have a project called USFX in which I import this asset. I play through the sounds until I find all the ones that I want to use for my project, then I export them as a unitypackage file and import them into my project.

But that's a good idea to expand the idea to include all sound/audio files from other sources as well. I may start doing that. :)

runningbird likes this.
  44. nrj1

nrj1

Tried several times to download the package from the Asset Store but I am getting this error:

Could not decrypt package file.

Any idea what's wrong?

45. hopeful

hopeful

Drive full?

46. nrj1

nrj1

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks for your help!

BTW, the folder is located here by default, if you ever need to free up some space:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x

PS. Happy new year everyone!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  47. Deleted User

Deleted User

When can we expect another update? I would like to have a "clean" and organized version with more sounds in nearly all categories. ^^

48. Marcirazzo

Marcirazzo

There isn't a cash sound in the package?

49. Deozaan

Deozaan

What does cash sound like?

Or do you mean like the "cha-ching" sound of a cash register?

50. Marcirazzo

Marcirazzo

Yes, I meant that.