Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Sound FX - Thousands of sounds in evolving library

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imphenzia, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Saxi

Saxi

I bought it 15 seconds into the intro video once I realized they were great quality. A steal, thanks!

2. flyingaudio

flyingaudio

Very impressed. I looked through the asset store last night for some sound effects, and yours caught my attention. I spent over an hour at your site and could see your dedication to the craft. Your commitment to quality and attention to detail is why I purchased it.

Request: Please add glass sounds. You only have one under glass, and none under impacts.
    - Glass shattering
    - Glass vibrating

Note: I thought your asset page was broken when I was looking at it in the store, because my computer appeared to be locked up every time I click on your asset. I finally realized it was the size that delayed the load in the asset store (1 minute 45 seconds on a 6Mbps connection). I would think this is an Asset Store issue, because I can't do anything in Unity until it is finished. I am referring to the Asset Store window inside Unity, the Asset Store website does not have this issue.

I was going to get it though the store, but like some others, I purchased from your site, so I wouldn't bloat my project with unused sounds.

Really looking forward to the updates. Have fun transforming your garage.

@Rico21745, thanks for scouting out the details how updates work when buying from his site (he sends emails).

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

First of all, this is a really impressive library! I didn't expect to find this professional sounding generic sound library on the asset store.

It's also very affordable, I would have bought it without a second thought even if the current price had been doubled (which still wouldn't reflect the actual value of this library enough IMO).

As ideas/requests were welcomed, I've made a huge list of sounds I would see fitting for such generic lib pretty well, but no worries about adding them, the library is really impressive already as is!

Here are few improvement ideas for existing sounds:
    • fps guns could sound better if you could suppress the echo a bit
    • helicopter heavy rotor loop sounds a bit light
    • match lighting kinda missed sound where the gunpowder actually lights up, maybe boost it or record it differently?

Ideas for new sounds (tried to keep the list as generic as possible so many people could benefit from these):

Animals & creatures:
    • bird: chirp (shorter, more generic than singing on current lib), wing flap, seagull sounds
    • cat: meouw, purr, drink
    • wild cats (tiger, lion): roar
    • dog: bark, growl, squeel, pant, drink
    • dragon & dinosaur: roar, earth stomp, wing flap
    • duck: quack
    • insect: buzz, chirp (mantis)
    • frog: croak
    • horse: breath, neigh, snort
    • owl: howl
    • rodent (mice/rats): squeek, stepping (feet), gnaw
    • snake: hiss, rattle
    Combat & weapons:
    • gun: minigun wind up, firing and wind down (ratling while winding down), clip change sounds
    • ammunition: bullet/projectile whistling sound, bullet flyby sounds
    • impacts/dropping sound: body falls to ground, different items drop to ground (bags, vegetables, wood/cartboard boxes etc)

Enviromental & fire:
    • fire: fireplace (more relaxed than on current lib), torch burning, burst into flames sound
    • flare: flare lighting, flare burning
    • fireworks: rocket squeal, firework explosion, fuse burning
    • magic/effect: frost spell/effect sounds + hit sounds for it, fire ball spell/hit
    • ice: ice crackle
    • rain: thunderstorm, rolling thunder, lightning strike + thunder rumbling after it, heavy rain
    • sea: generic ocean waves, also ocean sounds from beach
    Vehicles:
    • boat: paddle (rowboat etc)
    • car mechnanic: bolt gun sounds (separate windup + rotating + rattle sound), tool clang, angle grinder
    • car: belt sounds (squeeling loose belt), 600rpm - 6000rpm exhaust sounds (sounds recorded only from engine bay aren't really that usable in games)
    • tires: squeal (cornering, lock-braking, burnout)
    • motorcycle: whole rpm range step by step (exhaust sounds), clutch + gear change sounds
    • submachine: diesel engine, torpedo launch/load
    • train: mechanical sound from tracks, subway ride, steam engine
    Generic:
    • alarm clock: ring, digital "beep beep"
    • bells: cowbell, church bell, jingle bell
    • briefcase: open locks, close case
    • camera: shutter sound when taking pictures
    • footsteps: wet ground (both soft and hard surfaces)
    • glass: bottles and windows breaking
    • human: exhausted (from running), breathing while running (slightly exhausted)
    • fan: normal household fan with higher speeds and preferably also some industrial slow fan with individual blade sounds
    • radio (old): knob rotate (click), tuning
    • movie projector (old): film reel windup, playing, winddown
    • chainsaw: starting, rewwing, cutting wood, shutting down
    • whip: woosh (longer, slower whip slash than one on current lib under tools)
    • screech: iron scratching/screeching
    • more atmospheric background sounds (you can never have too many of these, existing ones on the lib are great!)

Already mentioned by others but I'd second these also:
    • radio: static
    • medical: EKG
    • wind: more different wind sounds, games often have outdoor scenes, so having variety of different wind sounds is a must
    • rocks: falling, piling
    • fracturing noises
    • chains: clinking
    • fire: campfire, bonfire, roaring inferno

I was also going to second landslide, but it would end up pretty close to current nuclear burning air (loop stereo). Maybe something similar but less intense effect would be nice addition to it.

Also, to anyone looking for generic sound library for games, don't let my request list scare you: If you need a generic sound lib, I suggest to look no further and just grab this already, it's a total bargain for all the current (huge) content!

4. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback very much and I'm glad you like the asset.

Glass sounds are coming for sure - I've gathered glass items to smash but I have to sort out the location so I don't leave debris behind for my children to harm themselves on =) I'll add it to the request post as well.

And regarding the asset store freeze, I have reported this to the asset store dev team and they say they are working on a fix. It's when the asset store populates the "Package Content" tab that the freeze occurs as it queries the asset for 3000+ wav-files to be listed. This was resolved for the web version of the asset store but problem remains in the integrated store which is a concern for me as I think it could discourage customers and I've had several reports of people task-killing Unity believing it has crashed. As you say, if you wait close to 2 minutes the package will finally load so please be patient everyone until Unity fixes the issue.

I should have fixed the site a long time ago to clarify how updates are communicated - I will do that tonight.

red2blue likes this.
  5. imphenzia

imphenzia

Huge thanks for the list of suggestions - many very good requests and I'll incorporate all of them in the list I'm working off to record and design new sounds!

Yes, the pricing is definitely an introductory price to help promote awareness for the asset. I expect the final price to be in the region of $100 when I feel genre and sound coverage is extensive enough. Animal sounds are hard to get by but I'm speaking with a large animal park to get access out of opening hours to cover harder to get by animals in an isolated environment.

With updates I'll gradually increase the price as the asset matures.

MoonbladeStudios likes this.
  6. imphenzia

imphenzia

7. Socrates

Socrates

Just curious: Checked yesterday evening, checked today, price still seems to be the same $20. Did the sale end in the early evening or has it not happened yet?

8. KidSicarus

KidSicarus

I also did not see this sale though was checking. Did we miss it?

9. Pajaroide

Pajaroide

I didn't see the sale either! Sometimes Unity takes a lot of time to update the prices... I really wanted to buy it =(

10. Binary42

Binary42

Hi, Thanks for picking it up!

Big thanks for the Warps, awesome!

The acid ... well i have no ideea. x)
    Like ... Alien, Mentos+Coke, these vitaminthingys u drop in a glass of water.
    A wet hiss fizz, a (wet) splat (or explosion with more hiss), and burning trough metal ( what i imagine sounds like a fizzytablet).

Cool package, awesome support!

Edit: Oh, and if i may place another request: The sound of a gattlinggun barrel starting up rotating ... Edit: nvm the servos do fine. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  11. eXiin

eXiin

Great Job !
    Your YouTube video Convinced me in less than 20 seconds, and even if it was about robots :)

Could you add a more natural ambient loop?
    and more animal sounds?

Thanks for this amazing library!

mwituni and MoonbladeStudios like this.
  12. roka

roka

Hello,

I have sent an email to you, please check it

Thank

13. Kiori

Kiori

I havent check the complete list so you might have already made this but...
    It would be cool if you implemented human made sounds, like the different steps of different types of boots on different types of floors.
    Or the sound leather makes when you tight grip it. Like wearing a leather glove and 'getting a grip'. These are all sounds that are man made and that we can all records, but its best if someone with professional tools does it.
    Or the sound a glass cup with a little water makes when you rub it, nails on a board, etc.
    There are other examples, generally human made sounds are simply usually ignored, but quit essential if your game has an emotional component to it. ;)

14. Databases

Databases

Hello, imphy
    First i wanna say, thank you for this nice package

Please i hope you include Roll Ball sounds in the next update (rolling sound, hit obstacle sound, hit other ball like billiard games, and any possible sound you can make) , because i really need them.

15. hopeful

hopeful

I guess for billiards you'd need: racking up sound, break sound, sound of ball being hit by cue stick, a faint rolling on table sound, sound of ball striking another ball, sound of ball off the side of the table, sound of ball dropping into a pocket, ball rolling along inside table, and ball bumping into end of reservoir inside table.

It seems like this could be acquired on a fun night out, except that the sounds need to be captured in a quiet setting, which I guess makes it a lot more difficult.

16. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Hey cool sounds pack. Few suggestions if they haven't already been suggested anyway:

- automobile crashes, impacts and glass breaking (headlight, windows)
    - air vehicle crashes, airplane helicopter
    - scope sounds (zoom in out)
    - engines of various types (4 cylinder, 8 cylinder, diesel, industrial, sci fi, motorcycle)

Edit Oh thought of more:
    - UFO vehicle sounds
    - teleportation sounds (think portal opening closing)
    - slow motion sounds (bullets whiz by, screams, pain lol)
    - monsters roaring, groaning, grunting
    - manufacturing sounds (large machinery like space engineers)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  17. Databases

Databases

Thank you hopeful, but i guess it is the job of the creator, so basically he is the one who can say it is difficult or not. In addition, i didn't say he should bring all of those sounds you have mentioned(whatever is possible), it can be great if he would do it and actually it will make the package grow up, hence, it is more valuable :)

18. hopeful

hopeful

@Databases ... No worries, I was just thinking out loud.

By the way, I don't know if you are interested in it, but there is a Pool Starter Kit in the asset store that not only has some models but it also has pretty much the whole set of sound effects. There's a web demo, but I haven't checked it out myself since I'm currently on the wrong computer for such things.

19. Databases

Databases

First of all, i would like to thank you for trying to help me, you are a nice person!

Regarding to the kit which is Pool Starter Kit, i have checked it out, it does only contain music and collision sound with other balls and borders but there is no rolling sound, because yea making rolling sound to work properly requires some programming and that's what i'm doing now, because the good news is that i have found my desired sounds, so Imphy now should focus on bringing us the most wanted sounds! But again(just a suggestion) i would say if he includes the sounds that we have discussed i think it is gonna be better for the package because there might be someone else looking for them as i did, actually if it is possible and won't waste his time and conflict with making the most wanted sounds :)

20. imphenzia

imphenzia

Thanks for keeping the requests coming in! I'm currently clearing out a 4m x 3m area in my garage where I will be building my silent acoustic-dampened recording area so I've been postponing most new recordings until that room is finished so I can get noise- and reverb-free source samples.

I'm really excited to see so many suggestions for samples and I will take them all in consideration - I'll go through this forum thread before I start off the recording sessions so I can prioritize most wanted sounds =)

Hope you've all had a good summer so far :) We just had our third child born a few weeks back so there is a lot of stuff going on at the moment. Really excited to get back to making sounds!

I should also mention that Universal Sound FX is available for $10 (today only) so if you haven't grabbed the pack yet, here is a good chance (with the next update it'll go up to $25 or $30 depending on the amount of new sounds!)

21. hopeful

hopeful

Hmm ... maybe you have a good opportunity at the moment to record a crying baby. ;)

22. radimoto

radimoto

Purchased! Looking forward to your next updates!!

23. OnePxl

OnePxl

Congratulations!

24. gilley033

gilley033

This library is amazing, though I was hoping to find a balloon popping sound. Perhaps I have missed a sound that would be suitable (in which case, someone please let me know!), but if not, is there any chance you could add one?

I'm not sure how many people would find such a sound useful, so no worries if you don't want to bother (I'm sure I can find one somewhere else); just thought I'd ask though.

Congrats on the baby!

Edit: Very silly of me, just after posting I found the two POP sounds under the Cartoon section, and they are perfect. Again, great job!

25. VodkaDestroyer

VodkaDestroyer

I can't find in this pack some sounds...
    1. Thunder
    2. Church bell
    3. Swing/throw sound (in my game guy is throwing a bottle)

26. mgear

mgear

Could be nice to have some editor script to preview/play the sounds more easily,
    with loop play option, autoplay whole folder/tree 1 by 1..etc.

Instead of clicking through them and having to hit that small play button in the inspector several times,
    and some unity bug there that cannot click that preview play button if file name is too long (and inspector not wide enough)

27. Deozaan

Deozaan

Request: I'd like some more ambient nature sounds, such as crickets chirping.

FYI: Unity already provides autoplay, loop, and play buttons.

Unity_Audio_Settings.png

mgear likes this.
  28. mgear

mgear

Thanks, that autoplay helps alot!

29. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

MaxEden likes this.
  30. JuZtchillin

JuZtchillin

Hello imphy,

I bought your asset pack a few months back. I would just like to know if I can use these assets in other game engines other then unity?

And thanks for the great asset.

31. iivo_k

iivo_k

I'm not the author but yes, you can use them in any game.

Great asset, but I'm wondering if there's still going to be updates or if the author has given up on this?

32. 00christian00

00christian00

Awesome! Couldn't resist for that price.

33. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

A set of engine sounds for different car types with separate multiple rev values on load and off load, idle, startup please :)

34. gilley033

gilley033

Hi, I am finding that some of the sounds have a faint popping sound at the end of them. Examples include Time Warp Stop 05 and PLASMA CANNON Deep Noisy Tail (I'm guessing there are more). Is this an issue with the assets or something on my end?

To be clear, this is not in game. I am simply double clicking the assets within the project hierarchy and they are playing in a little Windows Media Player window.

Thanks.

35. sluice

sluice

This is a steal.. with the current deal, it's like ~3 sounds FX per penny! LOL

@imphy, what is the best way to keep track of updates when bought on the Unity Asset Store?
    Following this thread?

36. iivo_k

iivo_k

I wouldn't be expecting updates, not a word from the author for half a year either here or on the web site.

37. sluice

sluice

:(

38. adventurefan

adventurefan

It's a shame. He might have been a little too generous on the low price. Common pitfall of the asset store... trying to give people a deal right away rather than being realistic about how you're going to actually be paid for your time.

Still it looks like a cool asset that people will really benefit from so kudos to the guy.

sluice likes this.
  39. programad

programad

Nice! Just bought it! But I want to contribute (if you want, of course)! I have just bought Focusrite Scarlett Studio for recording my own songs (voice + guitar and multitrack voice). I can record brazilian portuguese phrases. You send me the phrases you need, I send you the crude audio so you can apply your filters, etc.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  40. reinfeldx

reinfeldx

Agreed on it being a shame. That said, I think the introductory price model he was using can work if he'd stick with it and provide the updates.

On the fence about purchasing now during the Madness sale, though I'm sure it's worth the money as-is. With or without the updates it looks like a good package.

41. hopeful

hopeful

@imphy has posted in other threads on the Unity forums since his last post here. So he hasn't quite disappeared.

42. reinfeldx

reinfeldx

I'm seeing that now too. His website is active and it looks like he's got a lot going on. In fact, he just updated his Space Scene Construction Kit in the asset store two days ago.

43. recon0303

recon0303

Sad because I bought at full price because it said it was going to 40 soon, then its on sale now, sigh... I know its only 10 bucks, but being an indie need to save every penny if I would of known, I would of waited for the sale, so If he is not updating please take that going to 40 soon down please so please don't do what I did.. Thanks,

44. MarsEdge

MarsEdge

I found this because of the sale, and it was an instant buy. Amazing work. If you are still taking suggestions, I noticed that you have Aggressive versions of some of the Male Kill sounds, but not all. I see:
    • VOICE MALE Kill 2 (Aggressive) (mono)
    • VOICE MALE Kill Mega (Aggressive) (mono)
    • VOICE MALE Kill Monster (Aggressive) (mono)
    • VOICE MALE Kill Ultra (Aggressive) (mono)
    but I don't see aggressive versions of:
    • VOICE MALE Kill Double (mono)
    • VOICE MALE Kill Quad (mono)
    • VOICE MALE Kill Super (mono)
    • VOICE MALE Kill Triple (mono)
    It would be great to have the whole set as aggressive

45. bartm4n

bartm4n

Hoping that support for this pack hasn't died off, there are some wonderful sound effects included for specific genres and I would love to see more genres added.

46. grimmgames

grimmgames

I bought this fantastic asset a couple months ago, and I see there is an update waiting for me... It's not dead.

47. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I have a suggestions, Some grunt voices for male and female with short, medium and long versions.

BTW awesome asset....

48. StarManta

StarManta

There's a serious lack of useful foley effects in this pack. Footsteps, general scuffling, grabbing, falling, etc - stuff that's a bit more subtle than what's in the 'impacts' folder. I feel like these things are universally useful, and they just aren't there.

The Cartoon folder is also embarrassingly small. Only three sounds! I'd be happy to have a bunch of random slide whistle sounds, for example.

49. imphenzia

imphenzia

Finally, the foley effects are about to be addressed. I have invested in building a new recording room and in more pro grade microphones to get the best foley effects I can. Not only foley though, this room should allow me to record the source material I need to take this asset to the next level =)

The carpet is going down tomorrow and recording will be on the way again =)

50. hopeful

hopeful

Are you sure that's your new recording room? It looks like a PBR dungeon from the asset store ... ;)