Search Unity

⚡️ RELEASED ⚡️ Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VadimGerc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Congrats with v1.7, raises bar having the integrations and MP capability :)

- With v1.7 and all integrations (Emerald AI & vehicle controllers etc.), do they work within both SP & MP?
    - Method of spawning for USK SP + MP? Manual placement, trigger, pooling? Or any future plans for this?
    - Any max cap on photon for AI where going beyond # would be poor performance? Was considering creating zombie hoards....50+ AI....

2. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi, thanks for the congratulations! :)

All integrations work in single-player and we'll add multiplayer support for Realistic Car Controller and NWH Vehicle Physics in the next update (since these projects already have multiplayer support). But unfortunately, Emerald AI and EVP don't support it...

You can do both - spawn opponents/players and simply place them on your scene (for the multiplayer mode, characters are only instantiated). You can find more info about that in the documentation (AI, Characters - single/multiplayer).

Honestly, we haven't tested multiplayer with a very large number of AIs (more than 20) yet, so I can't tell you for sure. But I guess 50 zombies is a bit too much...

MorpheusXI likes this.
  3. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

What is the upgrade path to 1.7.2?
    Is it an update in place and it will update the correct files, a start from scratch update, or a delete and re-install update?

4. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

FYI - I installed to a clean new project, and copied the entire USK directory into the real project folder.
    No major issues. I do have a " There are 2 event systems in the scene. Please ensure there is always exactly one event system in the scene" warning referencing
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at
    Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:514)
    Even after disabling all of the event systems in the level.

5. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Really enjoying this asset but had some questions.
    First: the UI doesn’t work unless I add in an input system but that creates errors telling me there already is one.
    Second: Is there a way to do a TPS style similar to modern games where I can fire from the hip and then zoom, while still being able to use sniper scopes? (I.e. I wanna use scopes while still being able to hip fire without changing to FP).
    Third: this may be because of the input system, but sometimes I can’t do anything with my gun (zoom, fire, etc.)

Hoping to use this for a big project and just want it to look nice. Has huge potential and excited for the next update :)

6. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

Thank you for choosing USK! And I'm glad to hear you're going to use it for a big project :)

1) Hmm, that's weird... Which USK version are you using?

2) Yes, it's possible, but you need to make a few slight changes in a couple of USK scripts. Just let me know when you need it and I'll send you instructions

3) Yes, I guess it depends on the input system, let's first try to solve the issue with it and see what happens

7. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello again Mark!

We communicate with you on the Discord server, but I'll also answer here in case someone has a similar question.

- If you're updating from the 1.6.5 version (or earlier), then you should follow the migration guide (link)
    - If you have one of the latest versions (1.7 or 1.7.1), then just import the new USK update from the Package Manager

8. leonardoduarteuerj

leonardoduarteuerj

in the editor the mobile control of the movement works perfectly, but in the cell phone the character goes around when moving the control. Camera control, the jump and all buttons on the right side work normally. The other buttons on the left side (inventory, camera, etc) also work normally.
    The only problem is the move stick on the left side. Tested on Unity 2020.3.21f LTS and Unity 2021. USK 1.73 clean instalation.

9. scaffadidi

scaffadidi

Hey. I've been using this asset and have a lot of fun. Great job! I have run into a few issues, however, I typically like to test using my xbox one controller. most things work fine but the Lobby doesn't and the pause menu. I also want to add in a ui panel with buttons that can be controlled using the "X" and "B" buttons. I'm not too familiar with the best approach to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi, I already answered you on Discord, but I'll leave a link to the solution here in case anyone else needs it too :)
    https://discord.com/channels/681153547823611915/949717232571777024/975757268173860885

11. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @scaffadidi, I'm happy to know you like the USK!

Please give me some time to investigate the issue in more details.

And also prepare a solution for this question.

scaffadidi likes this.
  12. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Does anyone have any idea how to make the zombies react to light from a flashlight?
    I've tried everything I can think of, from adding a Reeeeeally long trigger collider to the light source, but that sets off all kinds of trigger reactions with other things in the level. It also doesn't seem very graceful of a solution.

Next I tried raycasting. That was hit and miss. Mostly miss.

Finally, I have tried to use "BoxCasting", raycasting's pregnant sibling.

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void FixedUpdate()
    2.     {
    3.         //Test to see if there is a hit using a BoxCast
    4.         //Calculate using the center of the GameObject's Collider(could also just use the GameObject's position), half the GameObject's size, the direction, the GameObject's rotation, and the maximum distance as variables.
    5.         //Also fetch the hit data
    6.         if (lightObj.activeInHierarchy) // If the flashlight is active
    7.         {
    8.             m_HitDetect = Physics.BoxCast(m_Collider.bounds.center, transform.localScale, transform.forward, out m_Hit, transform.rotation, m_MaxDistance);
    10.             if (m_HitDetect)
    11.             {
    12.                 if (m_Hit.collider.CompareTag("Zombie"))
    13.                 {
    14.                     //Output the name of the Collider your Box hit
    15.                     Debug.Log("Hit : " + m_Hit.collider.tag);
    16.                     m_Hit.collider.GetComponentInParent<AIController>().detectionDistance = 100;  // Tried to set the detect distance super high.
    17.                     m_Hit.collider.GetComponentInParent<AIController>().visionDetectionTime = 0.1f; // Tried to get noticed.
    18.                     //m_Hit.collider.GetComponentInParent<AIController>().CharacterDetection(0.1f, null, "see"); // Yeah, null aint good...
    19.                     m_Hit.collider.GetComponentInParent<AIController>().CalculateAttentionValueBasedOnDamageTaken(GetComponentInParent<Controller>());  // That aint it either...
    20.                 }
    21.             }
    22.         }
    I do get the hit collider tag in debug, but how do I capture the zombie's attention and get him to bustle his butt on over to my player for some brain stew?

Mark

13. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

Is Multiplayer using Fishnet?

14. informerfrk

informerfrk

By default, the game after the build for WebGL and Mac is fantastic in quality. But I want to make the default to "fastest". How to do it?

15. informerfrk

informerfrk

16. matus99

matus99

hello, is this asset still being worked on and updated?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  17. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi! Sure, I'm going to publish a new update later this month ;)

18. matus99

matus99

Thanks for the answer. This is really the best asset a bought I am only missing some kind of savings system because I am unable to do it myself. I saw it in the road map and hope it will be added sooner or later. But anyway I wish you big success.

19. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

can you give us some infos about news in update?

20. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Thank you for you kind words! A new update (with the save system) is coming at the end of this month, btw ;)

matus99 likes this.
  21. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi, already this month!

22. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello,

I am using the Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS asset and have a question about creating an AI character. I have included a new Enemy character. All settings work very well. However, I can't get it to assign a waypoint to my enemy. The path is not accepted. Do you have a tip for me, where this could be?

Greetings, Andreas

23. grionseengel

grionseengel

Hello,

I have another problem. When I create an enemy, it sinks into the ground. No matter what I do, he always stays in the ground.Can you help me?

Greetings, Andreas

OZAV likes this.
  24. OZAV

OZAV

Hello, we consider to support the progress, by purchasing, so - a few pre-purchase questions please.
    -Is the player water system (swim on top, and for dive under the water) already implemented ?
    -Full player body system / visible body system ?
    -Where you are currently, with the save system, implementation currently ?
    -What happens with riding the flat movable platforms (riding platforms), is it implemented already ?
    Thanks.

25. OZAV

OZAV

Hello, for anyone having his player in the ground like this: it's a simple common problem ... you are missing some animations that are compatible with your player size .fbx model, and if not missing any - than - it also deals with how exactly are they / is / imported in your Unity (animation setting, import) rig for your model settings, as well. Perhaps, if you have such an issue with this asset - the dev can direct you to download / setup correct anims, for your model, after you give them information on your specific model used, and how is used in your project :).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    VadimGerc likes this.
  26. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @OZAV ! As I see, you've already purchased the kit, many thanks for that! :)

As for your questions, in case anyone else has the same ones:

There is no such feature, but I plan to add it in one of the future updates

Yes, the framework works with full-body characters for all camera views

I added the save system in the last update (as well as an integration with Easy Save 3), you can find more information here - https://docs.gercstudio.com/other-components/save-manager

I didn't set up the character controller specifically, but it always worked fine when I tested different platforms, so I can say it'll most likely work for you, if not, let me know and I'll try to figure it out ;)

27. OZAV

OZAV

Our thanks to the dev for the quick support, and email support, and - would you happen to have a project version for Unity 2017 versions ? The new Unity's from 2018's and up - are just not it, and not Unity (what ever they are) and they bring only: unfriendly admin features that no one needs, too restrictive work 'policies' that n one needs, and everyone's colossal waste of time, so are good only for publishing phase perhaps ... So, the 'new' is not always better, and 2017's are still most productive and helpful, and still our favored and most project-base main tool. It would be great if one 2017 'barebones' version could be (as additional package) included inside the package for the future releases, just for a productivity tip, and will greatly help our studio logistics. We have also just submitted some asset tips for the dev, via email, after our initial asset setup and use, hoping it helps, thanks again :).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  28. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi,
    Please tell me how to change the Animator Controller of a Character in USK.

I understand how to change individual animations in the controller through Change Movement Animations, but when I attach a character to the Game Manager and spawn it in the "Single Demo" scene, the Animator of the spawned character gets replaced with the one in the Framework > Tools > Assets > Resources folder called "Character".

In the game, I am making it possible to switch between multiple characters, so I want to change the combination of Animator and Animations for each character.

Thank you.

USK_Animator.jpg

29. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi, you need to add one line to the ControllerEditor script (pic 1) and then you'll see the "Animator Controller" parameter in the Controller script (pic 2)

pic 1.png pic 2.png

Please note, some animations can be overwritten in different scripts (for example, the melee animation - pic 3), if you don't need it, just comment out a few lines in the Controller script (pic 4)

pic 3.png pic 4.png

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    combatsheep likes this.
  30. combatsheep

combatsheep

Thank you! I will try the method you suggested.

31. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi,
    I followed your instructions and modified the ControllerEditor.cs, then attached an Animator controller that has been changed to an Animation suitable for the character. Unfortunately, when I play Unity, the character's Animation does not change and remains the default soldier-like movement.

I would be satisfied if I could just change basic movements like walking, running, jumping, and crouching. Is it impossible to make these changes?

Controller.jpg Aoi.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  32. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Vadim,

How are you ? i hope you are doing fine.

i will say something and require a feature.

i have so many fps assets in the store and

i can say your design and ui is the best.

but i must say that character cretion is the worst.

it is a headache now you can say there are videos and tuts or something.

but there are useless it is really a pain to create and adjust weapons.

can you make auto weapon assign to character without adjustment?

if you can do this you will be the best in the store because you have everything except this.

dont offend please.

Sincerely King Regards.

33. johny256

johny256

good day does it contain asset main menu, ingame menu and setting, and load button function?