Search Unity

⚡️ RELEASED ⚡️ Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VadimGerc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. valmyr

valmyr

Hi Gerc,

I bought your asset because of it being universal and the amount of features included with it. However, I encountered several issues in the demo app. I would like to report them to you and I would like to also ask if you are the only one working on this?

I appreciate the documentation, it's very helpful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  2. valmyr

valmyr

Hi Gerc,

I have compiled a list of issues that I have encountered so far. I'm going to upload some videos to your discord channel because the unity forum doesn't allow the uploading of videos.

Sorry for posting a lot. I think the kit has a lot of potential especially if the features provided can be readily used in a project. As of the moment, it doesn't reduce the amount of time in development as advertised because we have to solve most of the issues ourselves or wait for you to fix them.

ISSUES: version 1.6.4
    • no damage feedback or inconsistent - player has inconsistent reaction when getting hit.
    • camera: not responding to collision.
    • splattered blood moves as the character moves.
      • Much more visible with blood in the guns and hands and using FP view.
    • scopes are not properly rendering the target.
      • Showing what is infront of the character even when running (scope 1 image in previous post)
      • Showing the opposite light direction. If light is in front, the scope will show darkness even if the area is fully lit.
    • animation not fluid and gets in the way when player needs to run immediately.
      • Turning is slow.
    • IK issues: the hip sometimes appears folded with the feet up near the face forming letter U with the face and hip at the bottom.
    • movement: jumping sometimes gets stuck to falling animation. You have to jump again to be able to get back to a standing position.
    • decal: placement issues, sometimes decals are popping out (standing) on top of another object.
    • shooting: does not target properly even if I already use the iron sight and enemy is not moving.
      • aiming issues on TP. Shooting with the reticle/cursor on the enemy still does not hit the enemy.
    • Flashbang issues. The whole scene becomes white even when not looking at the flashbang.
    • explosions: in the demo do not disappear. The code commented the call to destroy but why is this commented out of the box?
    • weapons: RPG explosions have no physical area effect on characters near them. Even though the explosion is so close already to the enemy, there is only visual effect but no physics and damage to the enemy.
    camera issue
    upload_2020-12-15_14-3-37.png

hand/arm issue
    upload_2020-12-15_14-3-53.png

bullets not coming out straight (incorrect orientation) - I used up all the bullets here.
    dark area of the gun near the player
    upload_2020-12-15_14-5-41.png

3. SQUAREGLORY

SQUAREGLORY

hi,
    can the enemy works on multyplayer?
    and can we add Bot in multiplayer, so when game mode need min 4 player and just 2 player play the game, then add 2 Bot in game.

Thank you

4. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @rainmax

I'm very grateful to you for such detailed information about bugs! In fact, it significantly reduces the time it takes to find and fix them...

I've closely investigated all bugs and also videos in the Discord channel, and you can be sure all issues will be fixed by the next update.

And if you find anything else, it'll be great if you let us know :)

5. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hey,
    This feature is currently under development.

MorpheusXI likes this.
  6. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

the character controller stops functioning after i use the adjust mode. how do i solve this ? please let me know a solution asap. have emailed you.

7. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hey, I answered you by email and on the Discord channel ;)

8. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

I love the features of this kit, I just think it needs a lot more polish. I understand that's generally for us to do, but for it to be presentable, I just think the character controller, the way the guns feel especially in first person, need to be fine-tuned.

Enemies need to have reactions to taking damage, it's so hard to tell whether or not you're damaging the enemy.

I haven't dug through the kit entirely, but things like sprint should be changed to only sprint when holding shift.

There feels like there's a slight input delay, like reload animations happen a second or two after hitting R.

There's a very strange thing that happens when switching weapons in first person, the camera seems to tilt to the side. I assume the camera is attached to the head, and the third person animation has the head turn. It shouldn't affect the first person view, the weapons should change without the players view switching to the side.

The walking animation bounce should be limited while aiming down sights in first person. It's nearly impossible to walk and shoot while aiming down sights because it bounces way too much.

You shouldn't be able to sprint and aim down sights at the same time, it messes up movement and aim like crazy.

I think the camera for first person view, the hands are too far to the right. Giving a wider FOV will and having the weapons slightly offset to the left will give a much better view

Overall, I think it has so much potential. There are very few systems for Unity that offer both PVE and PVP. If I may offer a feature suggestion, player classes, such as assault, medic, engineer, etc. Loadouts that are specific to a class, each with a specific set of models/skins available. I saw that you plan on bringing the multiplayer menu to single player, that's great. One unified menu would be best, imo.

Thanks

9. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @JMyerscough,

First of all, I'm sorry for the long response time, we had a New Year's weekend...:rolleyes:

Thank you so much for your advice, they’re very valuable to us! And we'll implement a lot in the next update ;)

And a couple of things that you can change right now:
    Set this input method in the Input Menu (Edit -> USK Project Setting -> Input)
    Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 01.21.44.png
    You can adjust the head and weapons position in the Adjustment menu (read more here, here and watch the video tutorial).

Btw, if you have any other suggestion, I’ll be very happy to hear them :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  10. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Hi ! Still no news for webGL ?

11. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I have an issue with the single player demo scene. On first run, it's great. Run around, shoot folks, lots of explosions, all good. Subsequent runs the character's arms get all messed up. Only on the pistol. I tried taking the pistol through the adjustment exercise, but the results are always the same.

upload_2021-2-13_5-17-45.png
    This picture is immediately after loading and turning slightly to the left. When he starts, he is properly aligned. Any mouse movement results in this pose. Other weapons are not effected.

EDIT: Going into crouch, jumping, switching weapons, changes nothing.
    Mark

12. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello Mark,
    Could you please send a video so that I can better understand the issue?

13. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

No, I didn't think of video when working on it. I think the picture and the words describe it well enough. What is not clear?

It seems that after running through the adjustment sequences multiple times it eventually gets set as it should. I noticed a few things as I repeatedly tweaked the settings.
    1. The adjustment sequence is inaccurate. You don't always get what you expect. Arms and weapons end up in different places in play mode than in the adjust scene.
    2. The IK objects' transforms (ie Left Hand Object) get way out of whack. Sometimes they end up 10's of units away.
    3. Sometimes the objects themselves (ie Right Crouch Object) are greyed out in the adjust scene, making adjustment impossible. I have only seen it in Crouch mode, and not always. Sometimes they are not greyed out.
    4. When adjusting in crouch mode, the player remains in standing pose. Is that expected?
    If I had my choice, I would prefer to enter game mode, adjust the "normal" placement, copy the transform values from the inspector, quit play mode, paste the transform values, enter play mode, set the "aim" position, copy the transform values, quit play mode and paste the transform values, etc. It's what I did with the old UFPS. Takes much less time than repeating everything six or seven times in the adjustment scene.

Just my 2¢.
    Mark

14. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Additionally, the scope aiming adjustment is very difficult. I set the weapon to be as flat and as straight as I can (lack of transform data makes it a best guesstimate). I place the ACOG targeting dot on the center of the crosshair and back the weapon up close to the character's face, so that the reticle fills the screen. No dice. Same with scopes. Either the reticle is too close and all you see is the FBX object, or the scope/reticle is too far away to be useful.

When I get it looking about right, the shots fire a good distance below where the dot was placed. Consistently. The "Attack Point" seems to be right in front of the barrel's center, pointed correctly forward.

Is there a secret to where the weapon needs to be to have the scope/reticle working properly?
    Is there a way to minimize the amount of sway from simulated "breathing"?

Mark

15. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

OK, this is frustrating. I created my own custom character. Ran her through the whole setup process. Went through the repetitive adjustments. Got her working almost perfect. Only challenge is the ACOG dot sight. So proud.

Now, when I run the White, Blue and Cammo dudes, their weapons are all FUBAR! What gives? Are they all running a shared controller? If I adjust for one, am I adjusting for all??

16. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello again @Mad_Mark

Ok, I'll try to help you without the video (but it would be better with it ;))

This problem may be due to a bug with the IK system, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce this, unfortunately :(

I'm not sure but think you didn't set the correct tag for your character prefab... (please see more info here).

As I understand you adjust weapons for the FP view. In this case, the character will be in a standing pose, because according to our logic, you don't need to adjust hands for the squat and FP view o_O (but we'll keep it in mind)

You can adjust the camera bobbing in the Controller script (section Camera).
    Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 16.57.40.png

Again, it's not so easy to investigate problems only by screenshots and descriptions. Many users say: "I did everything correctly but it doesn't work for me"... and then it turns out that they missed a step or clicked the wrong place.

So regarding the adjustment tool, overall I think it works correctly (except for minor mistakes). For example, I recorded a video for you with the pistol adjustment, and as you can see everything works well (let me know if I missed something)

Yes, this's an interesting idea, and we'll definitely think about how to make this system easier, thank you!

Mark, if my suggestions don't help, feel free to contact us again and I'll offer you something else ;)

17. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Video sent in PM.

I have each custom character set to "Character" and each weapon associated with same. I am only using FP view, all other views are set to unticked.

The video shows how adjusting weapon placement and rotation in one character affects the settings in another character. This to me is an undesired effect. The question I have is do I need to do something (like create a unique tag for each character) to isolate the changes to that one character?

Mark

18. WMorais

WMorais

Is it possible to show the crosshair while aiming? Currently it is not visible while aiming.

Suggestions:

1. It's possible to include an option to change the color of the crosshair when it is targeting objects with certain Tags or Layers?

2. It's possible to include an option to increase the scale of the crosshair when shooting?

19. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @WMorais,

Yes, it's easy to do, give me some time and I'll send you a solution (by email).

Oh, it's a great idea! We'll add it in the next update ;)

What are you talking about? It seems this function is already in the project...

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

20. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Yes, you're right...

I already sent you a video with instructions by email, but I'll duplicate it here, maybe it'll be useful to someone

21. WMorais

WMorais

It's true, my bad. :cool:

btw, this asset is awesome and I can't wait for the next updates.

hope2017 and VadimGerc like this.
  22. hope2017

hope2017

I can't wait for the next updates.

VadimGerc likes this.
  23. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

You can see more info about the upcoming updates here ;)

24. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

combatsheep and JFI66 like this.
  25. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

Mirror support coming?

26. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

No, now we're focused on developing new features for the photon multiplayer...

27. kafiya

kafiya

you need to tested on mobile.. app crach on star

28. kafiya

kafiya

you need to tested more. click play and wait and exit from room. and try to click play again. not working because disconnect from servers

29. kafiya

kafiya

i really like this assets really good.

VadimGerc likes this.
  30. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

HI Ii'M INTERESTED T OTHIS ASSET AND WOULD TO KNOW IF IS THERE ANY SAVE LOAD FEATURE PLANNED OR SOME SAVE SYSTEM COULD BE ACTUALLY INTEGRATED TO IT.. I'M PLANNING FOR A SINGLE PLAYER GAME BETWEEN LEVELS AND PLAYER NEEDS TO SAVE ITEMS. PICKUPSM AMMO ,WEAPONS AND SO ON..

OOPPS SORRY ..CAPS LOCK ON.. MY BAD..

JEpicGaming likes this.
  31. Tvisvarson

Tvisvarson

Hello Vadim

Is it possible to implement healing weapons? For example, if i take a flame thrower, and the flames heal my team mates?

JEpicGaming likes this.
  32. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I already answered you on our Discrod server, but I'll duplicate my answer here for other users...

We plan to release an add-on called "complete single-player game" this fall... (temporary name btw :D)
    It will include many features for single-player games:

For example:
    - Save system
    - Complete menu system
    - In-game store (as well as in the menu)

MorpheusXI and JEpicGaming like this.
  33. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I already sent you a solution for this on Discord...

And if anyone wants to add the same feature, let me know about it in PM and I'll send the solution to you too ;)

JEpicGaming likes this.
  34. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

thanks for your reply i saw it in discord too... hope all of these great stuffs willbe added asap..

JEpicGaming likes this.
  35. JEpicGaming

JEpicGaming

Great Asset looking forward to future developments!

VadimGerc likes this.
  36. sayos

sayos

Hi, how can i use the system with the UMA 2 avatar system. ? thanks, excelent asset.

37. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

UMA avatars are not officially supported, but I can try to help you with them, just let me know what difficulties you have with them...

38. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I'm glad to let you know that the new 1.7 version (beta 1) is available on our discord server! :)

Because this's a very big update, we decided to split it and publish several beta releases first to debug the work of all elements. With each new beta, we'll add more new features to the project (e.g. progress system for multiplayer, friendly opponents, more integrations, etc).

More information about this release is here.

cars example.png
    mult example.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Inspeinre and StevenPicard like this.
  39. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

So, where is this update? The link takes me to Discord, but there are no text channels.
    upload_2021-9-15_11-14-2.png

40. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hmm, maybe something is wrong with the link... Anyway, just join our discord server (https://discord.com/invite/fxmJSjD), send me your invoice number there in pm and I'll give you access to closed channels.

41. musa123

musa123

Hi I want to purchase your asset, but need answers of some questions too.

- I have use your controller a year ago most probably it was between 1.6.1 to 1.6.4
    - But there was some issues in this version i.e., I was unable to change the weapon, whenever i tried to change the weapon the new weapon fall down when player draw the weapon. Moreover when i change the materials of pre-built weapon, this weapon fall on ground too .

My question is that either these issues are solved in latest releases or not. If I purchase this asset from unity asset store either it will allow me to ad new weapon easily with specially reloading animations sinked with gun like magzine drop and place, bolt action etc?

I have urgent need of FPS shooting kit and have found your kit was one of the best kits and economical too. So plzz reply me ASAP.
    my email is musa.dar21@gmail.com

42. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @musa123,

I'm happy you're interested in our kit! :)

Regarding your questions:

Most likely it happens because of pick-up options in the weapon script. Anyway, after you purchase the kit, I can help you with that, just let me know.

Yes, it's possible.

If you have any other questions, feel free to write to me at any time ;)

musa123 likes this.
  43. musa123

musa123

Hey,
    I have purchased your kit from asset store. Kindly guide me that from where i will download the 1.7 version? You have mention that it is available on discord. Will you please share link

44. musa123

musa123

Hey,
    Kindly sort this problem. I switch the guns. third gun is not showing in hand. I have check it in the scene view, the gun is falling down. TEST CASE: I have just open the prefab of that riffle gun and change its material and save the prefab. after that it works weird. Help me plzz ASAP. I have shared a video on discord too

45. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I already answered you there ;)

musa123 likes this.
  46. walter_j_r

walter_j_r

hello! I need some help.
    I used the adjust scene to change the weapons position/rotation. This work well except when I use my character on the single player scene ( not tested on multiplayer ) because the position/rotation of the weapon is not loading what I saved before.

Adjust Scene:
    upload_2021-11-19_18-44-47.png

Single Player Scene:
    upload_2021-11-19_18-46-4.png

47. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello!

Just make sure you set your new SettingsSlot in the WeaponController script (pic 1).
    pic 1.png

walter_j_r likes this.
  48. walter_j_r

walter_j_r

Thank you for your response. That solved the problem.
    I have other problem with the multiplayer
    Unity 2020.3.23.f1

I see this error all the time

Caught exception in OnEvent() for event code 201: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/StackTrace.cs:37)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log (UnityEngine.LogType,object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn (ExitGames.Client.Photon.DebugLevel,string) (at D:/UFE/Multi2x/Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2564)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase/<>c__DisplayClass108_0:<EnqueueDebugReturn>b__0 () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PeerBase.cs:1212)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/EnetPeer.cs:440)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PhotonPeer.cs:1771)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch () (at D:/UFE/Multi2x/Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:221)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate () (at D:/UFE/Multi2x/Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:147)
    (Filename: D:/UFE/Multi2x/Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs Line: 2564)

Update: the kills counters are not working on Unity 2020.3.23f1

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  49. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I'm sorry to keep you waiting, there are many requests now...

It's some kind of photon bug that appears in the latest version, I already informed them about it but haven’t received any response yet (https://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/19141/eventcode-201-problem-sendserialize).

Could you please send me more info about this issue (a few screens or a video would be very useful)?

Also, please send me your invoice number in pm, so that I can verify your account.

50. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

combatsheep and StevenPicard like this.