Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hmm, OK that's definitely not normal. Were there any errors in the console?

2. cloud0310

cloud0310

still have same problem..
    i didnt have this problem in 1.5... but in 1.6 sometime that happens.. so I am not sure why maybe its just heavy load...

3. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

UFE 1.5 was only compatible with Unity 4.6 or earlier; UFE 1.6 is only compatible with Unity 5. If you've changed from Unity 4.x to 5, then those import settings may have reset between versions too. Can you confirm you have checked the import settings of your animations, as I previously asked?...

4. cloud0310

cloud0310

I import chars to UFE1.6 instead of upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6
    its strange sometime both P1 n P2 chrs do T-pose for like split second in the center b4 'Round1' announced
    and sometime its fine...
    same thing happens with Mike(UFE chr) as well
    maybe this is not import problem

I cant find any error msg on console window either~~~

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      789.3 KB
      Views:
  5. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

I noticed you're using a custom stage. Does the same issue happen on the default Training Stage? If your custom stage has too many resources to load (i.e., it's not optimised for batching etc), then that might be the cause...

6. cloud0310

cloud0310

yeah tried.. same thing happened..

7. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hmm, ok. What about if both players are Mike (try both in Training Stage and your own stage)?

8. cloud0310

cloud0310

still the same
    maybe I will try to make complete new project and see what happens...

Attached Files:

9. cloud0310

cloud0310

wow.. when I make a new project and reimport UFE i have exactly same problem as thephoenix
    ... weird

10. cloud0310

cloud0310

got it fixed...
    and test with just defualt setting without any extra work...
    but still same problem.. but like 1frame very quick (I used camtasio to record it)

p.s whjen i creat new project then I have some issue with some music files

Attached Files:

11. kokakee

kokakee

Does this work with 2D sprites?

12. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Hmm... ok, that's definitely not good. Too many to be a coincidence now. Have a look at this post on the UFE forums. MMind posts some links to some information that might be helpful. While we try to find the cause of this, I suggest having a read of the links in that post to see if anything there works for you.

Hi kokakee,

There is a solution to get UFE working with cut-out / puppet style sprites. It's possible to alter the methods and get a working system for full 2D sprites.

13. cloud0310

cloud0310

when I click TrainingRoom.unity file in Scenes folder that problem just go away..
    maybe it looks similar but maybe different... this is no big deal.. doesnt really bother me anyway.
    but still have pose problem just b4 round1 announced.. but this only happens sometime.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  14. Robert_07

Robert_07

- Should I add the sounds manually to each button so that they work with the mouse?
    - I also need the buttons to be highlighted when the user hovers them with the mouse, but this Unity GUI Button function is not working in the MainMenu and VesusMode. Can you please tell me how to implement this?
    Thanks!

15. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

By "Unity GUI Button function not working in MainMenu", are you referring to the same issue I was unable to replicate?

16. Robert_07

Robert_07

Did you tried with the mouse? Please check this in the demo...

17. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Ah, with the mouse. You are correct, there are no sounds or highlighting during Mouse Over or Mouse Click. This is somewhat intended behaviour, since most fighting games are played with a joystick/controller or keyboard (if on PC and user doesn't have controller).

We have a custom navigation system in place when dealing with navigation in the new Unity UI. This was required as we needed to cater to input plugins like cInput, and it also helps us for syncing network inputs.

If you absolutely require the mouse over and mouse click sounds, then you'll need to mod the Source version.

18. mende

mende

Just like to share some bloody effects I did.

Yum-Cha-Games and Mistermind like this.
  19. Robert_07

Robert_07

Ok. Thanks.

20. Mistermind

Mistermind

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  21. Twrmois

Twrmois

This is impressive, how did you get the guy to explode in the girl's finishing move? Curious mainly on how you got the character to disappear, as well as how you pulled off the first finishing move

22. udede

udede

mende and Mistermind like this.
  23. artfish

artfish

Hello! I've been working with UFE Pro for a couple of weeks now, off and on, and I'm getting pretty frustrated with a couple of things. First, I've tried to join the forums multiple times and never receive a confirmation email. I've emailed the webmaster and not received a reply, either. Ok, now on to our issues.

I've tried using multiple versions of Unity 5+, I'm experiencing a couple of frustrating issues in all versions that basically break the asset for me.

When using controllers, either xbox 360 or the arcade sticks we bought to use with our build, player 2 automatically goes into a crouch. Walking is impossible, however we can still jump forwards or backwards. This happens with my own characters and all of the included ones as well.

Another hugely frustrating issue is on occasion, characters apparently lose their hitbox connections and it is no longer possible to hurt p1 or p2. Sometimes it's just p1, sometime it's both.

If turn on debug and set both players to be computer controlled and turn of the round duration to a high number, let's say 1000, sooner or later, both characters crouch and lose their hitboxes.

The most frustrating issue is the crouching. It only happens when controllers are being used.

I could definitely use some help troubleshooting this. Thanks.

24. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Apologies for the issues on registering on the UFE forums. We've had to block certain domains that were spamming us. Please PM me your email address you want to register with and I'll take care of it for you.

For the other issues, losing hitboxes shouldn't happen. I would need to see how you've set up your project. Do all your issues happen to the default characters as well (you specially mention the arcade stick issue, but unsure of the others)?

And are you playing in the default UFE project, or your own with your own Global settings? Specially, have you changed the Advanced Options in any way?

25. mende

mende

Thanks Twrmois, The source-code(move-editor) has been modified for this.The script is looking for the opponent-player and then it turns off the meshrenderer of the character and spawns a new object (like the skeleton).

Twrmois likes this.
  26. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Is there any news on the networking feature?

27. MetaDOS

MetaDOS

28. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Mistermind and MetaDOS like this.
  29. MetaDOS

MetaDOS

Do you have plan to add it in the future?

30. yohami

yohami

Is it possible to use it with 2D characters, Sprites, or characters made in Spine?

31. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Eventually, yes. But it's a while away as the networking add-on will take up most of our time over the next year or so.

See my reply on the UFE forums.

Sorry again for the delay on this topic. We're still in negotiations with investors on this, and we hope to have the all the news about it next month. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we go through this new experience. :)

32. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Ok I apologize for digging on this, but I just had a few questions. Im assuming that when you say youre dealing with investors and that you'll be working on networking for about a year, I'm guessing that you're talking about the server side networking that was mentioned a while back.

My question is will we still get the P2P networking capability before you implement the server side functionality.

Twrmois likes this.
  33. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Yes :). And very soon too (comparatively to server side networking, that is).

xXTheZoneWalkerXx and Twrmois like this.
  34. xXTheZoneWalkerXx

xXTheZoneWalkerXx

Thats so awesome. Thank you very much!

35. hollysephiroth

hollysephiroth

I have one question , I am thinking about buying your product open source version.
    Could you tell me how easy in current state of editor would be to create clashing of swords
    and what i mean by that is if 2 oponents make move of same parameters in similiar time
    I would like for them to cancel each others attacks without hurting oponent

36. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

This should be possible by creating a Move Link where the Hit Condition is Counter Hit, with a Specific Move (the same move).

37. equimor

equimor

Hi and nice to meet you! I purchased ufe source some time ago during the sale and now i have time to start developing with it :)

I have a little issue, i tried to register on the ufe forum but the activation mail never comes and the webmaster don't answer me :(

Also if you don't mind i would use this forum to ask my issue: It is possible to the reeplace the Control Freak mobile controls with a Swipe and Touch framework? To control the character with this swipe system similar to Injustice:God among us on mobile.

Could you give me some advice of which part of the source code i must modify to achieve some similar to this?

Thanks on advance!!!!

Ezequiel

38. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Apologies about the UFE forums not allowing you to register. Check your PMs, I'll try to help with that.

Replacing Control Freak with a Swipe and Touch framework is possible in theory, but we haven't actually tried it yet. UFE looks for "hard inputs" - like a press of a button or movement of a joystick - to trigger the in game moves/controls. To mimic a swipe based fighting game like Injustice on Mobile, I would disable jump and walk, make each move work via a single button (if you have 3 move types, then Button 1, 2 and 3 should be good), then just ensure any forces applied to hits/characters don't change their position (to keep the action still; cinematics are another story, but not impossible). Then you just need to enable your Swipe and Touch detection to trigger Button 1, 2, and 3 somehow.

That's the theory behind it, and it should be possible. But like I said, we haven't attempted non-virtual touch controls yet, so it may be a bit of work to get functioning.

Good luck!

39. equimor

equimor

Thank you for your guidance, i would try your recommendations and i will post my result here to share with the community if i success :)

Greetings ;)

40. zachholt

zachholt

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I have been using UFE for awhile now, but I do not know how to fix this bug

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MoveSetScript.IsAnimationPlaying (System.String animationName, Single weight) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveSetScript.cs:389)
    MoveSetScript.IsAnimationPlaying (System.String animationName) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveSetScript.cs:381)
    ControlsScript.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:378)
    UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1634)

It happened today when I went to work on the game more. When I hit play I can go through the menus fine but when I start a match, the stage, models and battle gui come up, but the models are stuck in t-pose and the gui at default state. I appreciate a help and direct way to contact UFE support just in case. Thank you to whoever is reading this!

EDIT: I deleted and copied the moves back onto the characters and all is good again.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  41. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Most likely the issue was a missing move or animation in a move. Happens me to me a lot when creating moves and testing characters; I sometimes forget I've removed a move and need to either remove that slot or add a move to it.

42. Matheesan

Matheesan

dear sir/madam
    I'm going to buy this but before that let me know is this going to support for 3d person character also or it's only for 2D game p, because I making third person games do can i change the camera angle to any position, is this possible to add more enemies in difrent places? Sorry my English knowledge is poor.
    Thanks for reply
    Matheesan

43. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm glad this asset is maturing... I'm making a fighting game too and these tools will ease my pain. Speaking of finishing moves and cutscenes, I will be using a cutscene creation tool (Cinema Director)and im wondering for cinematic intros and outros, I could someone trigger those cutscenes instead. I'll also be using this for fatalities too

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  44. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

Sorry, 3rd person camera support is not possible. UFE relies heavily on a 2D playing field to simulate 2D/2.5D gameplay. There have been some mods to create beat em up functionality though, and also for 3D arena style gameplay, but none for 3rd person camera and that style of game.

UFE uses its Move file system to create specific Character Intros and Outros (think the start and end of a SF4 match). But cut scenes should be possible by using the Game GUI Options (and appropriate Story Mode UI panels). It will require A LOT of modding though to get it working with the UI scripts, and Cinema Director is currently not integrated with UFE.

KRGraphics likes this.
  45. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Interesting... I am actually asking because a lot of my intros will be animated in a 3D app like Modo (my background is CG film)... I can ask the Cinema Director guys about that since the fighting game I am working on is more cinematic in visuals and animation. But I am looking forward to using UFE. How easy would it be to pull off stuff like fatalities and interactive environments (thinking of Injustice)

46. Twrmois

Twrmois

Fatalities is not a feature built into UFE, but a buyer has coded it into their project, see this post

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-universal-fighting-engine.218123/page-24#post-2159389

Interactive Environments (and Finishing Moves) are listed as a upcoming feature on the UFE website.

47. Twrmois

Twrmois

Quick match showcasing an example of weather effects in UFE, as well as combos and breaking combos.

Mistermind and Yum-Cha-Games like this.
  48. skitz SR

skitz SR

Breed Descent is a fighting game with 16 playable characters(rendered as animated 2D sprites in a 3D world), 3 button layouts (Normal, Intermediate, Advance), two-on-two battles, air combos, EX moves, and more. It's mechanics are inspired by several game series like X-men vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter EX. The game play is focus on speed, precision, and variety. More updates coming soon.

Thanks for taking the time to tune in, it's much appreciated.

BREED DESCENT (WIP) Thread
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/breed-descent-wip.347806/

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Mistermind likes this.
  49. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

Hey, guys.

I'm currently working on my game and after updating to Unity 5.1.1f1, I hit another snag.

<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:
    2 The system cannot find the file specified.

The characters are once again placed in the middle of the floor as the game is working, but I am not sure why. Maybe it's due to me migrating my files from Unity 5.0 to Unity 5.1. Anything to help would be greatly appreciated.

50. Yum-Cha-Games

Yum-Cha-Games

UFE 1.6 is currently only compatible with Unity 5.0.x at the moment. We've just managed to update the development build to 5.1.x, but it's still not quite ready for release yet. I would suggest you downgrade back to 5.0.x until we can update.