Search Unity

[RELEASED] Universal Deep Linking - Seamless Deep Link and Web Link Association

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ImaginationOverflowPT, Sep 4, 2018.

1. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

ImaginationOverflowPT, the plugin was very easy to setup and is working flawlessly. However, it's critical for our users that we keep the overall size of our WebGL App very small, and this plugin is adding .5 MB to our build size (which in our world is a lot). Could you please help us pin down how we could shrink that? I'm hoping we can perhaps just delete the bulk of the scripts (or something).
    • We have the Pro version
    • We ONLY need to trigger these events on iOS.
    • We're using Custom URI's instead of Domain Association.
    Thank you!

2. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi!
    What plugin files are being included on the build? (you can see that on the editor log after your build)

3. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

OK, I've pulled all the references to UniversalDeepLinking from the console after a WebGL build (Spoiler Below). I'm not positive that's finding what you've asked for because none of these look to me like they could be big enough to add .5MB to the compressed size of our wasm.code.unityweb file.

Again, if you could help us find a way to keep this added size out of our WebGL build, that's really the critical issue. That's where our users are most sensitive to size and we don't need any Deep Linking on our WebGL build. Maybe some way to just exclude it from a WebGL build?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can work up!

Thanks,

Ben

Assets\Plugins\ImaginationOverflow\UniversalDeepLinking\Editor\PreBuild\PreBuildProcess.cs(9,36): warning CS0618: 'IPreprocessBuild' is obsolete: 'Use IPreprocessBuildWithReport instead'

Assets\Plugins\ImaginationOverflow\UniversalDeepLinking\Editor\Xcode\PlistParser.cs(152,13): warning CS0618: 'XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'

Assets\Plugins\ImaginationOverflow\UniversalDeepLinking\Editor\External\PlistDocument.cs(38,17): warning CS0618: 'XmlReaderSettings.ProhibitDtd' is obsolete: 'Use XmlReaderSettings.DtdProcessing property instead.'

-x="C:/Unity Local Projects/Fractions/Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/link.xml"

0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/UniversalDeeplinkingRuntimeScript.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/WindowsLinkProvider.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/LinuxLinkProvider.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/EditorLinkProvider.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/DummyLinkProvider.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/AndroidLinkProvider.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Storage/ConfigurationStorage.cs
    0.2 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/AppLinkingConfiguration.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/UwpLinkProvider.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/MacLinkProvider.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/IosLinkProvider.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/LinkProviderFactory.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Providers/ProviderHelpers.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/LinkInformation.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/LinkActivation.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/DeepLinkManager.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Demo/Scripts/OpenLinkBehaviour.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Demo/Scripts/DeeplinkingExample.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/ILinkProvider.cs
    0.1 kb 0.0% Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/Scripts/Storage/MiniJson.cs

4. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi,
    Removing our plugin yields 0.5mb?

The plugin has 1 image and one scene, besides that the libraries that it contains shouldn't be included in the webgl build. If you only see code on the editor log build, it means that the plugin shouldn't be adding any extra space in your build, although we are far from experts regarding WebGL builds.
    If the code is the problem, since you have the source you could simply use compile directives to not include any code on every source file:
    #if !UNITY_WEBGL <code> #endif
    or remove it altogether when making webgl builds (e.g make a preprocessing script that moves the plugin folder outside your project before the build and resets it after the build is completed).

5. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

I see. We will experiment with your suggestions, thank you!

And I'm suspecting that what it's doing is negating some of the "Stripping." Perhaps by invoking the Deep Linking, it's forcing the engine to include sections of code it didn't need before. Thanks again!

6. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Let us know how it went ;)

7. AlexNanomonx

AlexNanomonx

Hi, I was building my app on MacOSX. I may have encountered an issue. When I submit my app for notarization I get this error back from Apple. I'd have thought is my code signing, but both these dylibs are from your plugin I believe.
    I use the unity cloud build to notarise it, but I got the same error when I tried to do it manually

Code (JavaScript):
    1. 31436:   "issues": [
    2. 31437:     {
    3. 31438:       "severity": "error",
    4. 31439:       "code": null,
    5. 31440:       "path": "Constellation.app.zip/Constellation.app/Contents/Plugins/MacIL2CPP.dylib",
    6. 31441:       "message": "The binary is not signed with a valid Developer ID certificate.",
    7. 31442:       "docUrl": null,
    8. 31443:       "architecture": "x86_64"
    9. 31444:     },
    10. 31445:     {
    11. 31446:       "severity": "error",
    12. 31447:       "code": null,
    13. 31448:       "path": "Constellation.app.zip/Constellation.app/Contents/Plugins/MacIL2CPP.dylib",
    14. 31449:       "message": "The signature does not include a secure timestamp.",
    15. 31450:       "docUrl": null,
    16. 31451:       "architecture": "x86_64"
    17. 31452:     },
    18. 31453:     {
    19. 31454:       "severity": "error",
    20. 31455:       "code": null,
    21. 31456:       "path": "Constellation.app.zip/Constellation.app/Contents/Plugins/libuniversaldeeplinkdynamic.dylib",
    22. 31457:       "message": "The binary is not signed with a valid Developer ID certificate.",
    23. 31458:       "docUrl": null,
    24. 31459:       "architecture": "x86_64"
    25. 31460:     },
    26. 31461:     {
    27. 31462:       "severity": "error",
    28. 31463:       "code": null,
    29. 31464:       "path": "Constellation.app.zip/Constellation.app/Contents/Plugins/libuniversaldeeplinkdynamic.dylib",
    30. 31465:       "message": "The signature does not include a secure timestamp.",
    31. 31466:       "docUrl": null,
    32. 31467:       "architecture": "x86_64"
    33. 31468:     }
    34. 31469:   ]
    Edit: It is now apparent that probably I need to run this in unity cloud build before it notarises. I'm guess the unity cloud build VM is running on a virtual mac? Or else notarization couldn't be run, as I'm pretty sure it's an xcrun tool. Stay tuned.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  8. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi,
    The optool sign only is required when you build the project on Windows, on macOS it's automatically called.

Regarding code signing, depending on how you are making it, you may need to sign the plugin bundle yourself, we don't sign the bundle on purpose to avoid any conflicts. To codesign the libraries simply use the command that you usually use but target each library instead of the app (before actually codesigning the app).

9. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi everyone, we just released an update to Universal Deep Linking fixing an issue on macOS builds on Unity 2019.4, you can download it right now! For more info check our blog post about it.

Inspeinre likes this.
  10. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I am unsure why I am getting these errors when debugging in editor after following the getting started guide?
    Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 16.28.10.png

11. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

The error here is stating that your event handler is throwing an exception, more concretely the KeyNotFoundException.
    You are probably trying to access a key on the QueryString dictionary that doesn't exist ;)

ROBYER1 likes this.
  12. cryptaurpf

cryptaurpf

Hi,

Unfortunately, the XCode bitcode issue is once again in effect, but now it affects a AppsFlyer_libUniversalDeepLink.a library.
    Environment:
    * Unity 2019.3.0.f6
    * UniversalDeepLinking 1.7.3 std
    * AppsFlyer SDK (latest)

13. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi
    The AppsFlyer_libUniversalDeepLink lib is scheduled to be removed from the plugin (as soon as we contact all users regarding this) please use the GenericThirdPartyPluginUniversalDeepLink library to enable integration with plugins like AppFlyer :)
    Let us know how it went

14. cryptaurpf

cryptaurpf

Yes, it worked, thank you.

ImaginationOverflowPT likes this.
  15. pretender

pretender

hi i was wondering is deep link can be stored with qr code and when scanned it should open app, right?

if app is not installed it should open app store/ google play to download the app?

thank you!

16. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Yes, it should, it all depends on how the app decides to open a link on the QR Code, if it uses the OS default launcher API (e.g Application.OpenUrl would be the one to use on Unity apps) and the app is installed it will automatically open the app.

No, deep links are public, meaning that 2 apps can use the same scheme for deep links, so there isn't any connection between a specific deep link and an app, so Android and iOS don't redirect to the store page if no installed app supports a given deep link.

However, with our plugin you can get that functionality, you just need a website with HTTPS, and setup domain association (check our docs on how to do that). Domain association essentially uses web links to activate your app, so instead of using something like myawesomeapp://deeplink it uses your domain https://myawesomeapp.com

The simplest way of achieving this behavior for your use case is having a page on your website that no user should actually open (https://myawesomeapp.com/redirectToStore), and use this link on your QRCode, now if your app is installed and domain association is configured, the app will open if the user scans this link, if not it will open a browser, then your page should redirect to the desired store link so that the user can install the app.

There are some more advanced techniques, using deep links to check if the app is installed (on your website), or passing data from a deep link/domain association installation back to the app (check our Deferred Deep Linking plugin).

17. pretender

pretender

@ImaginationOverflowPT thank you for your answers! I tried and it worked, the part with deep links, it scans the qrcode and opens the app if it's installed. now i want to get domain association going, i was wondering can i test this if i dont have google play/app store developer accounts?

18. pretender

pretender

can you point some guidelines how domain association works? if app isn't installed it doesn't open any url, and is there a way to test domain association in editor. also what is a mechanism to associating some url to google play url when google play store url is not entered anywhere? i think for domain association you need more detailed instructions

thank you!

19. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi
    Sorry for the late reply:

On Android you can test without having any google play account, on iOS an app store developer account is necessary since you need to configure your provisioning profile.

For domain association, you can check our documentation for more info. It's possible to test your code integration via editor using our test tool, but you will need an actual device and proper setup to test real-world scenarios.

Domain association purpose is to trigger an app using a web link, that is what it's for, we can simply take advantage of the functionality in order to direct to a play store link (this needs to be done on your website).

For more detail on how to achieve this:

To achieve the redirect to store when the app isn’t installed, you need two things, a website, and an app with Domain Association and Deep Linking. When the user clicks on a web link if the app is installed it will automatically open the app achieving what you wanted. If the app isn’t installed, or the user chooses to open the link in the browser (both android and ios allow such choice) you can either:
    1. Redirect the user directly to the store (not checking if the app is installed or not)
    2. Try to check if the app is installed, to achieve it you will need to:
    a. Try to redirect the user to your app deep link (myapp://), if the user has the app installed, it will either open automatically or ask the user if he wants to open it
    b. If it fails (e.g use a 3 seconds timeout), redirect to the store

20. pretender

pretender

hi my friend, i upgraded project to unity 2020 and i have some errors when trying to build for webgl

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: The Assembly ImaginationOverflow.UniversalDeepLinking.Platform is referenced by ImaginationOverflow.UniversalDeepLinking ('Assets/Plugins/ImaginationOverflow/UniversalDeepLinking/libs/ImaginationOverflow.UniversalDeepLinking.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    2. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <50f55621a2ca4f31a35283e2979a8bf5>:0)
    3. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <50f55621a2ca4f31a35283e2979a8bf5>:0)
    4. UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <50f55621a2ca4f31a35283e2979a8bf5>:0)
    5. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    any ideas what is it?

21. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi,
    Quoting our documentation:
    Let me know if you have any other issues

22. Archtica

Archtica

Hi there Imagination Overflow. First of all thank you for a great product. It just works out of the box.

I'm trying to build for silicon/intel through XCode (Unity 2020.3.12f > macOS 11.1 > XCode 12.4) but I get the following error when building for the archive:

The linked framework 'UniveralDeepLink.framework' is missing one or more architectures required by this target: arm64.

My architectures for the project is set for: Standard Architectures (silicon,intel)

It works perfectly on my intel mac there's is just something about the manifest. I've gone through the documentation, but can't find anything other than everything should be good when building on a mac. Is arm64 not supported?

Thank you very much!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  23. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi
    We do not (yet) support apple silicon, we still didn't have a chance of getting an actual device to test the changes needed in order to support it, thus the plugin right now doesn't work for macOs running arm chips.
    Sorry for the trouble

24. Archtica

Archtica

Alright NP, thank you for the quick reply! Looking forward to it :)
    Have a nice evening!

ImaginationOverflowPT likes this.
  25. deanryan1990

deanryan1990

Does this plugin work with the new m1 chip MacBook Pros

26. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi
    We do have a compiled version of our native plugin to arm, if you want to check it out we can send it over to you, but it's untested due to the reasons stated above

27. deanryan1990

deanryan1990

thank you for the reply , this is exactly what I needed just wanted to confirm before developing any further
    Any idea is this is on the roadmap with an ETA

28. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

We don't have an ETA right now since we don't really need an m1 machine right now, we don't really have plans to acquire one.
    AFAIK nothing really changed regarding deep linking on the mac with the m1 version, so I would say that the lib we have right now should work as intended we just can't tell it for sure xDD.
    Either way, we will try to reach out to other colleagues and see if we can borrow an m1 mac ;)

29. tblo85

tblo85

hi, I want to lauch my Hololnes 2 UWP Unity3D app, from a qr code with a deeplink inside, is it possible?

30. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi, if the qrcode triggers the deep link activation I can't see reason why it shouldn't work, but note that the plugin itself only handles deep link activations, it doesn't do them

31. tblo85

tblo85

Thanks for the reply!
    Would it work with version 2018.4.36f1 LTS?

BR

32. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

The plugin has no unity version limitations it runs from 5.5 to current versions
    If you run into any issues feel free to reach out ;)

33. Riken_rds

Riken_rds

Hello,
    I try to use your plugin and have an issue. I use the Deep Linking and Domain Association. The application opens well and that means I set setting right.
    But DeepLinkManager.Instance.LinkActivated += Instance_LinkActivated doesn’t works.

i am using Android, iOS and Windows.

34. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi
    How are you registring the event handler? Does the object gets destroyed between scenes?

Did you try to use our demo scene? (just set it as #1 scene when you build).

35. Riken_rds

Riken_rds

yes i am using your demo scene but still fetching same issue
    here is my configuration setup

Attached Files:

• Deep.PNG
      Deep.PNG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
  36. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

You are setting up a domain on the deep link configuration (check our documentation for more info), that might have some undefined behavior.

So using our demo scene, the app opens but you don't see the links activating right?
    Can you tell us how are you testing?

37. Riken_rds

Riken_rds

i am trying with your documentation in define configuration and save configuration and build generate using Android platform and this event calling from start after open the build but i didn't see the links activating.
    could you help me how can i resolve this issue.
    thank you

38. Riken_rds

Riken_rds

Attached Files:

• s8.PNG
      s8.PNG
      File size:
      86.5 KB
      Views:
  39. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

But how are you testing the deep link activation? Did you try our test tool?

40. Riken_rds

Riken_rds

yes i am testing already with test tool it's work correctly. but i am testing on android device , pc build and ios didn't see link activating
    i am trying to deep checking and i found issue hear could you see on attached ss on android platform i getting null argument so below condition is every time false so i did not receive deep link same issue on pc and ios.
    could you check please and you found any issue then let me know solve it

Attached Files:

• s4.PNG
      s4.PNG
      File size:
      97.8 KB
      Views:
  41. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Sorry, I'm confused about your issue, so using our test tool it works correctly?
    Can you tell us "step by step" how are you testing on Windows, Android, and iOS? Including the deep link that you are using.

42. Riken_rds

Riken_rds

first i configure setting and save and then open your demo scene and generate build and open on android device but i am not see link activating means not getting deep linking. if you fond something missing step to testing then let me know so we can get deep link
    thank you

43. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi, after make the build you need to actual trigger the deep link, just opening the app wont trigger any deep link. Do test correctly:
    1 - Install the app on your device
    2 - Open https://universaldeeplinking.imaginationoverflow.com/test on your browser of choice and configure it with a valid link for your app, e.g myawesomeapp://test (replace myawesomeapp with what you configured on the configuration window)
    3 - Click create
    4 - Click test

The app should open with the link you configured the test tool and display it on the demo scene

44. re-cheid

re-cheid

Hi, we have a problem that sometimes the build on Android is a little buggy:

When the app is open in the background it correctly opens via deeplink, but LinkActivated does not get fired, while Unity's internal Application.deepLinkActivated does. Even killing and restarting the app after install does not help. It correctly gets fired when the app is not in the background.

The strange thing about it is that sometimes after a rebuild it works as expected.
    We subscribe to the event in Start() and the object is active.
    We expierience that in Unity versions 2019.4 LTS and 2020.3 LTS.

Any advice?

45. tblo85

tblo85

Thank you for your response. I've been on vacation for a few days and now I'm coming back to this topic.

I have tried your sudokuzenkai proposal and the deeplink reading (via QR) from the Hololens 2, and the application launches correctly, but it does not take you directly to the puzzle, as you indicate here:
    https://universaldeeplinking.imaginationoverflow.com/docs/GettingStarted/

In other words, it seems to work fine to launch the app, but NOT the parameters in the url.
    any ideas? Thanks!

BR,

PS: also does not work from Windows 10. It does the same, opens the app, but does NOT load the puzzle.

46. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Sorry for the late replies we were on vacation.

Yeah there is a known bug on our puzzle generation that causes not loading the puzzle XD, not a real issue with the plugin more with the game side of things

The fact that it works sometimes and doesn't in others, is a common sign that some other plugin is messing with the intent (needed to deep link activation), I do find it weird that the unity method gets called since we use the same approach on getting the deep link data. Either way I will take a look and see if there is anything we can do

47. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

Hi everyone, 1.1.9 is online with the following changes:
    • [New] Apple Silicon support for macOS
    • [New] Completion event after the post-processing is complete
    • [Improvement] iOS plist management
    • [Improvement] Android manifest management
    • [Fixed] Android issues regarding other plugins
    • [Fixed] iOS linking issues when using other plugins

You can get it on the asset store right now Regular (no source code included) and Pro (full source code project with native libs).

You can also get all of our plugins with a hefty discount by purchasing our Ultimate Activation Bundle (Regular | Pro)

Any issue or question check the plugin's documentation on our website and join us on Discord!!

48. TruAmbition

TruAmbition

@ImaginationOverflowPT I am really enjoying this forum as it has helped answer a lot of my questions before purchasing. Because I am on a budget, I’m curious if I buy the $25 asset, what is the cost of upgrading at a later time for the Pro version with source code?

49. korchuk

korchuk

Hi all!

I'm having 2 issues with a plugin:

1) iOS links are always handled by the browser, also for the test Sudoku app. To test I'm sending myself the following link in Telegram: https://sudokuzenkai.imaginationoverflow.com/puzzle?q=cMOiw5XDlsOXw5zDnMKl and on click the browser in opened. Is domain association not supported in messenger apps on iOS?

In the same time invoking the URI sudokuzenkai://puzzle?q=cMOiw5XDlsOXw5zDnMKl directly works.

2) URI links in the form sudokuzenkai://* are not recognized as hyperlinks in Telegram on any platform. Both for my app and the test Sudoku app.

I'm testing on iPhone X(iOS 14.7)

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

50. ImaginationOverflowPT

ImaginationOverflowPT

25$,
    The pro version includes the regular one so it's just the price difference ;)

I leave here the email I sent you:

TruAmbition likes this.