Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

Yes, simply changing the weather will allow UniStorm to transition to another weather type. UniStorm will automatically fade all variables and effects.

2. BHS

BHS

You need to make sure you sun light is assigned to Unity's sun system.

This tutorial shows you how to do it. It only takes about 15 seconds.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...My_Sky_gets_bright_.28and_or_blue.29_at_night

3. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

BHS, thank you for posting to the above tutorial for resetting the night sky, my day and night transitions beautifully now, and amazing you can watch the sun and moon transition fully...great job with this.

I also wrote last month how I was having trouble with implementing your camera and how I had to create a work around. Obviously this was user related error :) And I can now simply install Unistorm and the camera works straight away. Thank you for help with that.

I do need some suggestions with making my night lighting darker. As stated above, the night sky transitions perfectly and goes completely black with stars and clouds etc, however, the ambient lighting still remains as if it were daytime? What can I alter to make my night lighting go to black?

Finally, I have copied the survival script into my game, and created another script for thirst and all works as it should. However, the UI canvas element for still shows as a giant white rectangle as it does in the survival demo. How do I remove this from ingame?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  4. kilju

kilju

thx got it working by messing with color options :).
    we are using deferred rendering and unitys global fog wont work.
    can i get fog to work someway?

also i noticed that when moon goes past stars i can see little black dots on moon
    any help on this matter?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  5. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Kilju, did you get dark nights or pitch black nights? I can get dark night skies and hills, but the terrain is still bright.

I think I have tried every option to make nights dark, even making all moon options zero and it's light black.

I can only get close by removing the moonlight lighting and replacing it with directional light, but even still it is still possibly to see perfectly at night.

Any ideas kilju?

6. kilju

kilju

it can be really easily adjusted. we have out ambient intensivity really low: 0.76
    and then in unistorm editor change ambient night color to darker or lighter.
    btw do u use rtp3?

7. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Thankyou, I'll adjust the ambient intensity in unity, I hadn't done that. Do you have the light set to skybox, gradient or colour?

No I'm not using RTP yet, that is an upcoming purchase. Do you have specific setting for that to get dark nights?

8. kilju

kilju

we use colour.
    i was just asking because with rtp3 u can change ur textures brightnes and other settings that will effect how dark ur scene will be :)

9. TheBlackBox

TheBlackBox

Hey there,

I've added a sleeping function to my game and I was wondering how I could change the time whilst they are sleeping? I can't seem to find one after playing around for a little while.

Any ideas?

10. BHS

BHS

What you're looking for is the day and night length variables. These variables are what controls how fast time flows. So, while sleeping, you can increase the day/night length to get to the ending rest hour sooner.

11. Barry100

Barry100

hi - having some issues with your asset. first up. when I turn, the clouds turn with my guy. Second issue. When the moon comes up, until about an hour (in the calculated time, not real time) the scene seems to be normally lit as per the moonlight then it suddenly turns to almost like daylight? Another thing, I cant get the 2 camera set up to work which for me is the most important thing as I I use an instantiated camera on my multilayer characters (and on my local character) so I need to use 2 cameras. Please help!

12. BHS

BHS

Solution 1: I'm not sure how the clouds would turn with your guy as they aren't in anyway attached to the player. If you're using your own player, make sure they aren't attached to the clouds.

Solution 2: You need to assign your Sun object within Unity. This is a Unity thing as they don't have the API accessible to us or we would automatically assign it ourselves. It takes 10 seconds to do and you can find the info here on our Wiki http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...My_Sky_gets_bright_.28and_or_blue.29_at_night

Solution 3: The 2nd camera guide works. Usually what happens is something is missed and it causes it not to work properly. Be sure to go over the tutorial again. Also insure that your layers are properly setup.

13. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

We have a huge (very awesome) announcement to make regarding UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile. Be sure to keep an eye out for our announcement within the next couple of hours.

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

15. Barry100

Barry100

also

16. Barry100

Barry100

BHS I got it mostly working.. cheers. Yea it was the drop the sun_moon in the light. Also the problem with the 2 cameras was that the rendering path was set to forward and not deferred.. There is still a couple of issues. If i cant get them sorted ill post here. One main problem is that my camera is instantiated so I cant tell the script through the editor what camera it is as it obviously ends up a clone.. One thing though, I am instantiating my guy so how do I tell the script that the rain and things attached to my guy and the ones that the script is to reference? If the game is single player then no problem obviously but my game is multiplayer and everything is instantiated separately.

17. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

Time for our announcement that we mentioned earlier.

We have given it a lot of thought and have decided to officially merge UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile systems. Best of all, our price will stay as promised at $60. Both versions have been submitted, containing both UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile, and are awaiting approval. This is $120 worth of system for the same great price UniStorm has always been.

This affects both UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile packages on the Asset Store. We will include both systems for both versions of UniStorm. As of right now, this will only affect UniStorm for Unity 5. We are currently updating UniStorm for Unity 4 users that will also include the 2.0 update. After we have done this we will also merge the two systems.

For your convenience, we have made the two systems in two separate folders; UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile. We have renamed the UniStorm Mobile scripts with _Mobile so users know the difference between the two. Both systems work in with in the same project.

UniStorm Mobile is now updated to version 2.0 and has been rewritten and tweaked to be as efficient as possible for mobile devices. During our mobile tests we retained a solid 60 fps on a nearly 3 generation old phone.

This will make it much easier for updates in the future as every system will be in 1 package. Our goal is to eventually have UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile by just one system. This is also our way of giving back to the UniStorm community. We appreciate all the continued support and interest in our system over the last 3 1/2 years. We will continue to work on UniStorm and provide new updates with out charging our customers for updates, true to our word when we first started UniStorm.

We hope everyone likes the announcement. We have a lot of new and exciting features coming to both systems so keep an eye out for our updates. Feel free to comment if you have any questions or suggestions.

NewLogo.png

New UniStorm Menu making setting up between versions easy.

UniStormDesktopAndMobile.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    JasonBricco likes this.
  18. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

Like we promised the UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile update is now live on the Asset Store. This included both versions of UniStorm (UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile) for both system for the same price and no upgrade costs. Enjoy!

NewLogo.png

In case you haven't heard the news, we have decided to officially merge UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile systems. Best of all, our price will stay as promised at $60. Both versions have been submitted, containing both UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile, and are awaiting approval. This is $120 worth of system for the same great price UniStorm has always been.

This affects both UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile packages on the Asset Store. We will include both systems for both versions of UniStorm. As of right now, this will only affect UniStorm for Unity 5. We are currently updating UniStorm for Unity 4 users that will also include the 2.0 update. After we have done this we will also merge the two systems.

For your convenience, we have made the two systems in two separate folders; UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile. We have renamed the UniStorm Mobile scripts with _Mobile so users know the difference between the two. Both systems work in with in the same project.

UniStorm Mobile is now updated to version 2.0 and has been rewritten and tweaked to be as efficient as possible for mobile devices. During our mobile tests we retained a solid 60 fps on a nearly 3 generation old phone.

This will make it much easier for updates in the future as every system will be in 1 package. Our goal is to eventually have UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile by just one system. This is also our way of giving back to the UniStorm community. We appreciate all the continued support and interest in our system over the last 3 1/2 years. We will continue to work on UniStorm and provide new updates with out charging our customers for updates, true to our word when we first started UniStorm.

We hope everyone likes the announcement. We have a lot of new and exciting features coming to both systems so keep an eye out for our updates. Feel free to comment if you have any questions or suggestions.

radimoto likes this.
  19. craftycoding

craftycoding

Hi there, I just attempted an update to 2.0 but have had nothing but problems. The demo scenes say that there isn't a lightening bolt attached to the editor and I can't even get the Create weather system to show in the menu. There are no compiling errors visible. Do you have any suggestions on how to upgrade properly?

20. BHS

BHS

That's strange.

First, backup your project, this is always a good idea when upgrading an asset.

If you can remove the UniStorm system from your project, try removing it and reimporting version 2.0. Sometimes Unity makes it a little difficult when updating assets. It has nothing to do with the assets themselves.

Sometimes you need to close Unity and reopen it for the scripts to recompile.

I'm not sure why the lightning bolt is missing, but if it is, search for LightningBolt in the project search and assign it to the Lightning Bolt slot under the Lightning Options.

I hope this helps.

21. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good afternoon . I've updated all set up . But noticed an interesting problem. (This issue has been before ) I think it is related to anything else . If you turn off your system , then my brush as it should appear ( Lod ) . but after I have set up your system , my bushes began to appear only in the vicinity ( the nose ) . So showing 1 Lod (Billboard) Bushes SpeedTree. How can I fix this problem ?

Attached Files:

• bb.jpg
      bb.jpg
      File size:
      73.6 KB
      Views:
    • bb2.jpg
      bb2.jpg
      File size:
      67.7 KB
      Views:
  22. ekuNNN

ekuNNN

Is there a way to speed up the transition from one weather type to another? I want to make it start raining after the player walks through a trigger, but it takes a bit too long at the moment for the actual rain to start.

23. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Hey there question, that is related to the procedural skyboxes.

When the player is at high elevations, it's very easy to see the "ground" color under the horizon. Is there a way to always keep the horizon at the player's eye level, so they do not see the ground underneath?

Thanks!

24. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Hey, I've got a question about the dynamic snow. Specifically: what all does it accumulate on?

In your demo scene it accumulates on the rocks. I apologize if this is an obvious question, but did you assign anything to the rocks, or is the dynamic snow script itself designed to accumulate on GameObjects? Does it accumulate on ALL GameObjects with a discernable mesh, or only some subset?

Finally, do you know of any way, or have any intentions, of making it truly universal--of accumulating snow on the terrain? And anything that might go with that, such as footprints...do you have any plans for that kind of thing? If not, do you know of any solution that is trying to do that?

I intend to have the seasons change in real time in my project, which means that there will need to be a real-time model of the aspects of each season--be it the normal weather that doesn't really change the terrain, or in particular snow which cannot magically appear and then only accumulate on certain GameObjects.

Also, apologies, I feel like I asked you this before, but I don't recall a clear answer: is it possible to set up temperatures based on topography or location? A valley should not have snow in the fall, while a high mountaintop very likely would. I'm not talking about the manually placed weather cells, but some automated version that works without having to be programmed each time. I suppose some script could be written that, at runtime, defines weather cells based on height and location (for example, say a connected area with a range of y = 250-300 is one cell, with according temps, while another area with a range of y = 300-350 is another with slightly cooler temps), with the characteristics of those cells like the temps being assigned. Of course that introduces the problem of the actual weather, which should NOT change based on the cell, but be simulated for all cells and then the effect (whether precipitation is snow or rain for example) applied to the cell based on temperature, slope, terrain type...

Anyway. Do you have any plans for this? Do you think something like this would work if someone wanted to make their own using your weather cell system (though I can't imagine how you'd get that last part to work)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  25. BHS

BHS

Very strange.

UniStorm doesn't alter anything with the LOD system. We will look into it to see if we can find an issue. It maybe something with SpeedTree. We will get some of the speed tree demo models and test it out.

We will be adding weather transition speed with UniStorm 2.1. Until then, we have Instant Weather option, if that's something you're looking for. If not, the only other way would be to edit the UniStorm code to transition the weather more quickly. It wouldn't be too hard to do. If you need help with editing some of the code, just send us a message.

You can control the ground color so it can match the horizon color. As of right now, you can't just the height of the horizon level. However, it's something that we can look into adding for UniStorm 2.1.

It accumulates snow based on the the Global Float set within the material. The snow system needs a reference to a model that has the dynamic snow material on it. When the appropriate conditions are met, it will slowly fade in the snow amount. All objects using this material will be affected by the snow amount.

Snow on the terrain is something that we are looking into. With Unity 5 I believe it will be easier to that of Unity 4.

This is where external scripts come into play. You can keep track of your player's Y position. If your player is at or above the Y amount allowed for snow, then decrease the temperature (or not let it get above 32 degrees) This way if there is precipitation, it will always snow. The same can be done for valleys. If the player is below the Y amount for snow, increase the temperature to not go below 33 degrees. If there is precipitation, there will always be rain. This can all be done by altering UniStorm's currentTemperature variable.

If you need any help writing an external script, just ask.

We also have our UniStorm Wiki for example scripts, code references, documentation, and more.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/UniStorm_Weather_System_Wiki

26. ekuNNN

ekuNNN

I got the weather transition to work fine for my game now by placing my triggers differently, but while doing that I found a strange bug possibly?

If I set day length and/or night length larger than 16 the sky transitions smoothly from 'Mostly Cloudy' to the 'light rain' rain clouds when I go through my trigger that changes the weather, but if either day length or night length is smaller than 16 the sky changes instantly to rain clouds. Having "instant starting weather" on or off does not have an effect on this.

This isn't a problem for me, because I can just have day/night length larger than 16, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

27. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it.

Hmm...sounds like it would work just for the player, but I need a solution that works separate from the player. If you recall, I was the person who originally came up with the water accumulation --> plant growth system: I need a system that makes plant growth favorable in low, somewhat tropical conditions and and unfavorable in high, wintry conditions (more subtlety like different ground types would be nice, but I'm not worried about that right now).

Do you have any idea how I might do that...hmm...just now I came up with an idea. Using Y to modify the water accumulation rate. That might work, though to do that I'd have to create a new water accumulation rate for each height, or height range, rather than the universal one now, and then have the appropriate value applied based on height. Might work, but I would prefer a weather cell system for accuracy if possible (to actually have snow at high levels, and rain at lower levels--would be incredible to see snow falling on a distant mountain while it's raining near the player. 3D weather (not spread across the entire map, but only on certain places) is of course the holy grail, but that's not feasible I suppose).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  28. BHS

BHS

I just checked it out and it was a snippet for code from a previous version that faded the clouds in and out instantly when the day speed is set 16 or below. (This was when the days were done be seconds instead of minutes).

Thanks for the bug report.

For anyone looking for a fix you can remove the small if statement at line 3065 and 3622 that say:

Code (CSharp):
    1. //If the game speed is fast fade clouds instantly  
    2.             if (dayLength >= 0 && dayLength <=15 || nightLength >= 0 && nightLength <=15)
    3.             {
    4.                 topStormCloudFade = 0;
    5.             }

The weather is handled globally. If it's raining on one side of the map, it's raining on the other. You can alter this a few different ways. We have a system that comes with UniStorm called Weather Zones. These Weather Zones allow you to place triggerable weather wherever you need it. These triggers work with an OnTriggerEnter function. If you wanted random "Weather Cells" you could randomly place these along the terrain. When a player enters the Weather Zone it would transition to the weather type that is on that Weather Zone. You can also change the weather odds with a custom script to have low precipitation areas and higher ones.

You can limit weather conditions to certain areas also. For example, you could limit the temperature to only below freezing in mountains, or limit temperatures to always above freezing in valleys.

We are working on our own plant growth system for UniStorm 2.1. When finished, for those of you who need it, send us a message with your invoice number and we can send you the plant growth system early.

Having certain factors affect the plant's growth can be handled many different ways. You can have it only grow when raining. If the weather odds are high in that area, it will grow often. You can have plants grow or not grow during certain temperatures. If you are in a warmer area (also something you can alter with triggers and custom scripts) than plants will grow faster. Another way, which is what we did in our video, was have plants grow based off the UniStorm time. We had ours grow every hour. We are working on redoing the plant growth system to include all of the above ways. We will also have an odds system. This odds system works by rolling a random number. If this random number will be between lets say 1 and 2. If the conditions are the number will be rolled. If the number turns out to be a 1, the plant will grow. If it turns out to be a 2, nothing will happen. The system will then rest and try again when the proper conditions have been met. This allows plants to be different sizes depending on their rolls.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

29. Licarell

Licarell

I have a quick question... I want to set up a tropical scene where it rains everyday at a certain time like 3:30 in the afternoon, can I set unistorm to have a regular weather patterns like this?

30. BHS

BHS

Yes, you would set Static Weather to true.

Then you would write a script that tracks the UniStorm hours. When the proper hour is reached you would set the weatherForecaster variable to 2 or 3.

We have an example script of how to access the UniStorm time here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Example_Scripts#Have_an_Event_Happen_at_a_Certain_Time

31. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

We have had a lot of positive feedback from our Plant Growth System. We get many emails and messages regarding it. So, we have decided to include it with our update of UniStorm.

There are still a few more features we'd like to add to it, but we thought we would show off the Plant System Editor. This is a modified version of the one we demonstrated in our video.

How it Works
    It works by tracking UniStorm's Weather, Time, Sunlight, and Temperature. If the conditions are met, the Sun Intensity has reached 0.5, the Rain Intensity has reached 100, the current Temperature is greater than 70 degrees, etc., then roll a grow. This will only happen once per UniStorm Hour. When the system rolls, it has a 20% chance, or a 1 in 5 chance, to grow. This is similar to how Minecraft does their plant system. We used this approach because it adds a dynamic touch to the plants allowing some of them to be bigger than others. Plants will grow on an X, Y, and Z axis according to the amount set within the Editor. Once the Max grow size is reached, the system is turned off. The Max Growth amount applies to each axis. We used a variable isFullyGrown and made it public to be used for things like harvesting.

If you have suggestion, or things you'd like to be added, just comment.

GrowthSystem(WIP).png

32. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Weather zones, that's what it's called. Not sure why I was calling it weather cells.

Otherwise, thanks for the info.
    Looks pretty good. For my system I'm going to have plants "harvestable" at any time so I'll need the growth to constantly update some variable like the level of nutrition in the plant, but this looks like a great tool both for that and on its own. I especially like the sunlight part.

And actually, just to check, can I go into the code and add lines for things to happen if the roll is successful? So if you DO get plant growth triggered, I might for example tell it to add a certain number amount to another variable, we'll call it plantNutrition for the sake of this. I presume that will be possible in the code?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  33. BHS

BHS

Yes, Weather Zones.

There are 3 possible ways for the plant to grow. Someone can choose all 3 if they'd like, or only have 1 or 2. If the conditions are met, the plant can grow from all 3 at once. Plants grow the most during the day because of the Sunlight and Temperaure conditions.

We also have a grow boolean for each condition. This updated each time the plant grows. This could easily be accessed for external scripts or to add plant nutrition.

We may also add inhibiting affects that stop the plant from growing. Such as months the plant can grow in. This can allow some plants to only grow during certain seasons. Growth can also be inhabited if the temperature is too low or even if the sunlight level is too low. These of course could be disabled desired.

34. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

So each individual element affects plant growth, rather than outright controlling whether it can happen or not? Sounds good.

I like the part about inhibition based on months. All in all sounds good.

As far as Weather Zones go, is there anyway they can be generated procedurally at runtime? Set a few qualifications or criteria for each type, then set the properties of each type. That way they could be assigned to change certain things like temperature based on height. It wouldn't be the same as getting the weather to be different in different areas regardless of the player, but that only really matter for plant growth, and could be jury-rigged by simply adjusting their variables based on height.

But if Weather Zones could be generated procedurally at runtime, then I could assign Weather Zones to, say, a range of Y values, and then change the temperature based on that. Speaking of which--if one moves to a new zone with a different temperature set (if that's even possible), does the temperature automatically jump to the new value/range? Or does it gradually go or something? How do Weather Zones work, basically. If you have a tutorial or something somewhere, I could look there instead of you having to explain it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  35. BHS

BHS

For procedurally generating at runtime, you could randomize the weather for that particular Weather Zone. So on Start use a Random.Range(1, 14) this will randomly pick a weather for each weather zone then switch it when the player enters it's trigger zone.

Weather Zones work by changing the weather to what is set within the Weather Zone editor when the player enters its collider. The collider isTriggerable so there are no actual collisions involved. You can animated these if you wanted them to randomly move around your terrain. Then when they hit your player it will change the weather according to that Weather Zone. You can also modify the Weather Zones to change any variable you'd like such a Min Temperature, Max Temperature, Current Temperature.

All variables and code references can be found on our UniStorm Wiki site here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/UniStorm_Weather_System_Wiki

36. BHS

BHS

An update to our Dynamic Plant Growth System.

We have added Inhibiting Options. Inhibiting Options controls what conditions stop your plant from growing, such as a certain season or a below a certain temperature. Inhibiting Options will affect all Growth Options for each Inhibitor that is active stopping the plant from growing until that condition is passed. For example: If the season is Winter, and the Inhibitor for Winter is enabled, the plant will no longer grow even though the Sunlight Intensity has been reached. Once Winter is over, the plant will continue to grow as it should when the Sunlight growth condition has bee met.

We have also added in odds from 10% chance to grow based on condition to 100%. We have also added the option to never have the plant grow for each condition, which disables it.

We are nearly finished with the Plant Growth System. Once finished, we will submit an update that will include this system with UniStorm. It is completely external and requires no modification to UniStorm.

We also plan on developing a few more system for our customers to use to get the most out of UniStorm. The possibilities to UniStorm are truly endless.

If you have any suggestions or a new example system, please comment them here.

The Dynamic Plant Growth System Editor
    GrowthSystem(WIP2).png

Plants that have dynamically grown according to certain conditions form UniStorm's variables bandicam 2015-10-07 18-31-46-609.png

bandicam 2015-10-07 18-32-50-024.png

37. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Alright, great, thanks. And that looks good.

38. reocwolf

reocwolf

Hi guys. I'm making a game in which the government quarantines an entire island and people have to survive disease and the fall of the infrastructure without outside help. The idea was for the environment to change with time. That is why I love unistorm and that example above is exactly what I want to do. A city that will slowly be taken over by nature. With Unistorm and Emerald alone you can make a very dynamic and wonderful world. It's amazing.

Anyways. I'm no coder so sometimes c# and I cannot reach a consensus. I'm trying to make particles to activate when temp. is below 32 degrees and deactivate when above. I looked for an example in the wiki and actually found one. But It is not working form me.

I attempted it several ways but IDK what I'm doing.

Here's what I did:

Code (CSharp):
    2.     //UniStorm Check Temperature Example
    3.     //By: Black Horizon Studios
    5.     using UnityEngine;
    6. using System.Collections;
    8. public class CheckTemperature : MonoBehaviour
    9. {
    10.     //How often should we check to see if it's freezing?
    11.     public float checkTemperature = 0.1f;
    12.     //public GameObject player;
    13.     private float checkTemperatureTimer = 0.0f;
    14.     public GameObject uniStormSystem;
    15.     private GameObject player;
    16.     public GameObject breath;
    17.     void Start ()
    18.     {
    19.     //    uniStormSystem = GameObject.Find("UniStormParent_JS/UniStormSystemEditor");
    20.         player = GameObject.FindWithTag("Player");
    21.         //uniStormSystem = GameObject.FindWithTag("UniStorm");
    22.         breath.SetActive(false);
    23.     }
    26.     void Update ()
    27.     {
    28.         //Used to check temperature only when checkTemperature's time is reached to avoid checking it every frame.
    29.         checkTemperature += Time.deltaTime;
    31.         if (checkTemperatureTimer >= checkTemperature && uniStormSystem.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().temperature >= 33)
    32.         {
    33.             Debug.Log("It is above freezing");
    35.             checkTemperature = 0;
    36.             breath.SetActive(false);
    37.             //Examples of resetting debilitating player effects when it's not freezing  
    38.             //player.health = 100;
    39.             //player.speed = 8;
    40.         }
    42.         if (checkTemperatureTimer >= checkTemperature && uniStormSystem.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().temperature <= 32)
    43.         {
    44.             Debug.Log("It is below freezing");
    46.             checkTemperature = 0;
    47.             breath.SetActive(true);
    48.             //Examples of debilitating player effects do to it being freezing
    49.             //GetComponent<vp_DamageHandler>().CurrentHealth;
    50.             //CurrentHealth -= 0.01f * Time.deltaTime;
    51.             //player.speed = 4;
    53.         }
    54.     }
    55. }
    As you can see I was also trying to make the UFPS health go down in such temperatures and didn't work (That //GetComponent<vp_DamageHandler>().CurrentHealth; line was my last attempt at it) . If you could help me with both I would be really grateful.

Also I have a droplets particle effect in front of the camera and I want to activate it when raining. But also only when the camera looks up in a certain range.

Please help. Thanx. :)

UPDATE --- I already figured how to activate the FX by using the Dynamic Snow script. But still havent figured out the UFPS Damage stuff. Also if anyone knows how to use the snow accumulation in RTP with Unistorm please help. Though I think I can do the same as the included Dynamic Snow is doing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  39. Sphelps

Sphelps

How do you make it darker?

40. Sphelps

Sphelps

Got it :)

41. Killersan

Killersan

Hello to all of You. I'm building my game using Unistorm as a weather system, which I think is great but I've got a question.
    Is there a max terrain size ? As far as I can see Unistorm is using some kind of dome in which the terrain should fit and I can see that this is about 20km square, still can I resize it without interruption of sun/moon/stars rotation ?

42. reocwolf

reocwolf

Never-mind. I figured it our by adding to the dynamic snow script.

43. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

So I recently upgraded to the next version of UniStorm, 2.0.5, and a few things broke. I've spent the last several days trying to fix things, but I've discovered some of them seem to be out of my hands, such as...

(just to be clear, I first re-downloaded 2.0.5, started a completely new project, then imported the asset)

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    I'm getting this error on Dynamic Storm Cloud, Storm Cloud Base, Player (I believe this is MouseLook which U5 seems to have removed, which has totally destroyed some of my custom code, but that's unrelated to UniStorm), Mostly Cloudy Clouds, Lightning Position, Non-Dynamic Storm Clouds, Camera (MouseLook again). The delightful thing about this is that there's of course no way to tell what the name of the scripts were supposed to be outside of intuition like the MouseLook stuff. Example below.

ScriptFail.JPG

Moon Phase Material Null Reference
    Looks like there isn't any moon phase material. Or, there is one for "Full Moon Phase," but not for any other phases--and it's not automatically assigned.

Any idea what's up with these? Can this problem be replicated? I'm running Unity 5.2.1f1 if that helps.

44. BHS

BHS

The script reference were most likely for the render queue, which has been removed.

As for the moon phases, if you're missing the moon materials in the editor, simply reapply them. I'm not sure why they're missing we double checked every prefab with both standalone, mobile, and webplayer. With multiple import tests. It could be a freak thing with Unity.

It looks like your clouds may be missing the mesh. I'm not sure why as we submitted the system with everything working. We will look into it and find out if we can recreate it. As of right now you are the first to have this issue. So it could be an isolated issue.

Are you using UniStorm Mobile or Desktop?

45. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

UniStorm Desktop.

For the moon phases--it's not simply that they aren't applied, they flat out aren't even there. I'll have to double check if that was for all assets or simply for scene assets, but when I search "moon" the only one that showed up was the full moon phase.

I'll try to take another look at this as soon as I can, which may unfortunately be a little while because I have a busy next couple of days. But thanks for the prompt response.

46. BHS

BHS

No problem.

The reason you can't find the moon phases is most likely because they're listed as proper names such as Waxing Crescent, First Quarter, etc. Find the Full Moon phase and all the other moon phases should be in the same location.

47. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Alright, that's helpful. However, there are only 3 phases listed. WaxingGibbous4, WaningPhase6, and FullMoonPhase5. And actually if you go to the asset store and look through the list of assets, it shows this. I've attached an image below.

Capture.JPG

48. BHS

BHS

That is strange. If they are missing we will be sure to submit a quick updating fixing this. I'm not sure why they would just disappear.

Try checking in the Mobile moon phase folder to see if for some reason Unity packaged them there.

If you need them, just send us a message so we can send you them via PM.

49. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Indeed, looks like the mobile version has them. But is there any difference in quality? I certainly don't mind using the mobile versions, but if there's any quality difference, then long-term I'll want to get back to the desktop version eventually.

That just leaves the clouds. I just did a check...and it looks like some of your scripts got put in the mobile section there. The image I posted showing the missing script on the clouds? That was a "Render Behind" script, and it is in the "mobile" folder of the asset. Similarly for the MouseLook, it actually is titled (in the desktop prefab, Player GameObject) "Mouse Look Mobile."

Those are just scripts so there may not be a "Desktop" and "Mobile" version, but as it is, I prefer to have as little extra stuff in my assets folder as possible, and as such I did not initially import the mobile folder, which appears to be why I was having this problem. I can do an import of the mobile stuff and assign all the scripts and move the moon phases to the Desktop folder--but in the future, would it be possible to keep them separated out?

50. BHS

BHS

It looks like for some reason Unity split some of the folders. We will submit a little update today fixing this. This will allow users to individually import either desktop or mobile, if desired.

The render behind scripts don't have to be used.

This update will also include the plant growth system.