Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. aganm

aganm

Update 5.0 looks very promising, specially this screenshot here is absolutely gorgeous

One question.. will this scene be the new demo in the next update? :D And did you craft those trees and grass by hand or used a tree generator? (in the case where I would need to make more varieties)

2. BHS

BHS

Thanks, I'll post a few more of the lower clouds to better showcase them.

The assets in the screenshot will not be included with UniStorm 5.0. This is a scene from Rocky Hills Environment - Mega Pack on the Asset Store that's using UniStorm.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    aganm likes this.
  3. Donkeynutzzz

Donkeynutzzz

Is it possible to add padding to the time variables in game? Would like to be able to format the hours and minutes to be double digits. Ive spent a day on trying to format it with no luck. Neither hours or minutes, if the number is below 10 it doesn't pad it with a 0. Making it look weird in game. Shows the same in the unistorm manager.

4. BHS

BHS

Yes, but it would need to be displayed as a string.

Using .ToString("00") will give you a 0 before the hour and minute value if they are under 10.

Using this with UniStorm would look something like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Debug.Log(UniStormSystem.Instance.Hour.ToString("00") + ":" + UniStormSystem.Instance.Minute.ToString("00"));

5. Donkeynutzzz

Donkeynutzzz

It works perfectly. Thank you

6. BHS

BHS

Rotary-Heart and aganm like this.
  7. aganm

aganm

It's even better in person

(° o °)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  8. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Wow! Fantastic update, well done BHS and thank you so much for v5! <3

9. aganm

aganm

Hey! It's a bit of a bummer but I just learned that CTS has been abandoned by its team.

Since Unistorm has integration with CTS, is there any chance you would consider working on a new integration with a popular terrain shading solution like UBER or RTPv3 or Megasplat or something that can be used since CTS isn't on the asset store anymore. (oh and keeping the existing CTS integration just for those who were using it).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  10. markfrancombe

markfrancombe

Hi, I’m so sorry for not trawling through the thread for my answer, but can you say briefly how you think the new update will work in VR, specifically mobile (quest) VR.
    When I tested UniStorm with my project before it was a tiny bit too heavy and had a few issues based on the fact that my project is URP. You mentioned working on URP, so should I wait a bit longer?

I have implemented a very low level time of day cycle just using Unity’s built in timeline functionality, this ended up becoming useful for other time of day events ( cockerels crowing at dawn, clock bells etc) So i’m also wondering how simple it would be to link UniStorm up to the Unity timeline? (Bearing in mind I’m no coder).

11. Gervais60

Gervais60

Hi BHS

I have a problem with the new update everything look ok except I have no cloud cover at all no matter which weather i select all i have is a blue sky. At night i have the stars but not cloud coverage.

I did try the volumetric one and the 2d but no cloud

with the previous version i did have the cloud volumetric and 2d

i have no error in the console that could indicate what is the problem

i am using:
    Unity 2020.3.13f1
    URP 10.5.1

just to let you know that it is happening will wait for the URP supported version for now the day to night is working ok

12. lloydsummers

lloydsummers

Testing this now in VR, thank you so much for the update by the way.

Can we just give the dev some praise for this? I am so tired of paying for an asset, and a month later needing to pay for version 2.0, and 2.1 and 3.0. And this guy hasn't charged us a dime since version 1.

Anyway, the problem I am seeing seems to be caused by the sunset-part of the shader in VR. It "shifts" from the left to the right eye, because it seems to be based on the camera position not a world position, causing that red haze effect to look very different in both eyes - and it basically just makes it quite blurry and "off focus" like looking at one of those paintings you need to cross your eyes to line-up.

I am by no means a shader expert, so going to try and work on a fix with it today and keep testing VR support on my Quest 2. Thank you

Note #1: Seems to be caused by UniStormAtmoshphericFog / Shader "Hidden/UniStorm Atmospheric Fog" but not 100% sure yet

Note #2: It does seem to be the UniFog doing billboarding, switching to UnityFog (not ideal) does resolve it for the meantime.

13. BHS

BHS

I own RTPv3 so I can look into adding support for it. I can also look into support for MegaSplat, but I do not currently own it so that might make it a little tricky.

14. BHS

BHS

See the my post here about fixing URP support: https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...oud-shadows-more.121021/page-117#post-7268692

I will have this be automated with a small update I plan on submitting within the next day.

15. BHS

BHS

Of course!

I believe I fixed this with one of the more recent updates. The position of the light of UniStorm's Fog should be offset properly according to each eye. If possible, can you please post a screenshot of the issue? I'll be able to test this myself later today.

16. BHS

BHS

This update has addressed some performance issues and I will continue to improve things with each update. I will also start working on adding full URP support, but I have no current ETA for this. Both VR and URP do not currently work properly due to a Unity bug: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...4.1496444045.1625599413-1072872041.1602180413

17. Gervais60

Gervais60

Hi BHS

Base on the link you did provided this is the correction i did implement and it work ok
    the new cloud look fantastic

Thanks

if (GraphicsSettings.currentRenderPipeline)
    {
    if (GraphicsSettings.currentRenderPipeline.GetType().ToString().Contains("HighDefinition"))
    {
    Debug.Log("HDRP active");
    }
    else
    {
    Debug.Log("URP active");
    UniStormSystem.Instance.PlayerCamera.AddCommandBuffer(CameraEvent.AfterSkybox, cloudsCommBuff);
    }
    }
    else
    {
    UniStormSystem.Instance.PlayerCamera.AddCommandBuffer(CameraEvent.BeforeImageEffects, cloudsCommBuff);
    }

18. aganm

aganm

RTP sounds good to me

19. BHS

BHS

Thanks, I was thinking of doing something similar to this. Great to hear you’re liking the new clouds.

20. BHS

BHS

For those who haven't seen UniStorm v5.0's new clouds and lighting, here's a video showcasing them.

Felixsg and Gervais60 like this.
  21. aganm

aganm

Is this really the built-in renderer? Have you done something to change the look of the grass in the mountain asset pack or is this out of the box?

22. BHS

BHS

Yes, this was rendered with the built-in render pipeline. The grass used the shader asset Nature Renderer.

23. idibil

idibil

Hello,

Any way to don't use the Uniform skybox (if it is possible to use the assigned lighting own skybox instead of Unistorm Skybox)?

When I pause the game the volumetric clouds get pixeled. How can I keep the clouds working on Pause mode?
    Time.timeScale = 0.0f;

Thank you in advance.

24. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

To stop UniStorm from assigning its skybox, within the UniStormSystem script, comment out the following line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. RenderSettings.skybox = m_SkyBoxMaterial;
    To allow the clouds to update while timeScale is set to 0, do the following:

Within the UniStormClouds script, find the following lines:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. baseCloudOffset += skyMaterial.GetFloat("_uCloudsMovementSpeed") * Time.deltaTime;
    2. detailCloudOffset += skyMaterial.GetFloat("_uCloudsTurbulenceSpeed") * Time.deltaTime;
    And change them to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. baseCloudOffset += skyMaterial.GetFloat("_uCloudsMovementSpeed") * Time.unscaledDeltaTime;
    2. detailCloudOffset += skyMaterial.GetFloat("_uCloudsTurbulenceSpeed") * Time.unscaledDeltaTime;

25. nu51313932

nu51313932

can i lower the fade part of sun when it is sunset?
    upload_2021-7-26_2-17-52.png

26. socksandgoats

socksandgoats

Are there plans for this to be fully supported on URP eventually?

27. BHS

BHS

Yes, that’s the plan. I have to rewrite the image effect shaders to be compatible with URP.

28. BHS

BHS

There's currently no way to do this through the UniStorm editor, but you can edit some code to change the sunset and sunrise height.

Within the UniStormSystem script, find the following line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SunHeightCoroutine = StartCoroutine(SunHeightSequence(10 * TransitionSpeed, -100, -70));
    And change it to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SunHeightCoroutine = StartCoroutine(SunHeightSequence(10 * TransitionSpeed, 75, 100));
    Lastly, change the following lines:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SunObjectMaterial.SetFloat("_OpaqueY", -100);
    2. SunObjectMaterial.SetFloat("_TransparentY", -70);
    To:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SunObjectMaterial.SetFloat("_OpaqueY", 75);
    2. SunObjectMaterial.SetFloat("_TransparentY", 100);

nu51313932 likes this.
  29. BHS

BHS

For those who haven't seen it, here's another video showing off UniStorm's new clouds and lighting with a snow storm.

Rotary-Heart and aganm like this.
  30. Aress28

Aress28

Hello..
    Im still cant get my Nights right :/

I cant get them dark...My ground is just like i can see everything and i dont need Torch or fire to see something..How to make it dark like i can barely see something in 3~5m but very dificult?So player needs use torch to navigate around or some sort of fire (lighting source)...atm i can pick up mushrooms easy at night time ....
    I was playing around the setting but seems like nothing change......its always like this

31. BHS

BHS

Did you get my email? I responded to your email with the dark nights UniStorm Profile.

This is how dark I got the UniStorm's nights and it could even go darker:
    DarkNights.png

My guess is that if you have tried the dark nights UniStorm Profile and it's still not dark enough, it's because you are using the Skybox Environment Lighting Source. Within Unity, go to Window>Rendering>Lighting Settings and change your source to Gradient. Using Skybox doesn't allow the colors from UniStorm to be applied to the scene.

EnvironmentLightingTab.png

32. nu51313932

nu51313932

one more thing that i need you to help. what is the orange circle color around the sun? Can I remove it?

33. BHS

BHS

It's an HDR sun shader so you need to have bloom and HDR enabled in order to see it properly. This is what gives it a sun-like glow. If you can't use bloom, try decreasing the Sun Color gradients intensity (within the UniStorm Editor) to 0 for each color element

34. nu51313932

nu51313932

how can i enable bloom? sorry ask too many thing :D Do you mean the post processing effect? if yes. It dosn't work for my project becasue i use really low camera field of view.

can I modify the code to disable HDR color edge?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  35. BHS

BHS

Yes, the bloom post processing effect and it's all good :)

You can mostly remove the HDR color by adjusting the Sun Object Color located here:
    SunObjectColor.png

And set the Intensity to 1. The color below should get rid of the outline you see with your sun.
    SunColor.png

You will need to change the color to something like the above color for all 6 elements within the Sun Object Color.
    SunObjectColorElements.png

36. nu51313932

nu51313932

upload_2021-7-29_10-36-53.png
    I already do as you teach me at the first time you asnwer. And I try to do it again but i still can see the edge.
    just need it to be the same color as the sun.

I can't use post processing becasue it is using too much cpu/gpu. and i also use 2 camera. the second camera render unistorm sky

37. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

38. unity_dIk24BgVjWUgLw

unity_dIk24BgVjWUgLw

Hi, this asset looks really nice. I would like to buy it but I need to know how hard will be to integrate it with costume node-base shaders like Amplify Shader Editor. Can I easily tweak or make my own season/weather shaders with? :D

39. ChickenHero

ChickenHero

The Rotation X of UniStorm Sun and UniStorm Moon is set to 0 degrees and -180 degrees immediately after the start. Is there a way to change the Rotation X values like -15 degrees and -195 degrees?

40. BHS

BHS

This could be the fade around the outside of the sun texture. You can try swapping it out with a custom solid white circle texture to see if it resolves this. The sun's material is called UniStorm Sun.

41. unity_dIk24BgVjWUgLw

unity_dIk24BgVjWUgLw

@BHS Hi, I was wondering if integration for the Boxphobic Height Fog plugin from the asset store wouldn't fix all problems for atmospheric, high-quality fog for URP. I understand that you want your solution for fog (which I recommend to see another plugin: Enviro - Sky and weather for nice URP implementation) you can add support for anyone who can't wait for full sky and weather solution and has this plugin. :D

42. Aress28

Aress28

Ye now its okey thanks..I had Skybox set in the settings..changed to gradient..

43. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

Hi -

in standard, 2019.4.x, deferred, linear, newest Unistorm, I am getting basically no ambient. With a gradient set, I breakpoint the ambient intensity curve eval code in Unistorm and even though I modify the curve to increase the ambient to high numbers like 8, I never see a change (the change is picked up and applied in the code- but I see nothing visually change).

I have a few places in my code where I change ambient myself, but I have checked and they aren't being called.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

44. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, how can you toggle "Real-World Time" on/off at runtime from code ?
    Simply changing the "uniStormSystem.RealWorldTime = UniStormSystem.EnableFeature.Enabled" doesn't work !

Thanks !

45. zippin

zippin

Hi BHS,

Before I say anything I want to thank you for making this awesome asset! It truly looks wonderfull! Thank you!

Now to the point. I saw that you mention that you are working on bringing support to URP and I am so excited about this as I am focusing on URP only right now. I would like to use UniStorm in my VR project (obviously because it is awesome) and I would like to include additionally sun shafts and cloud shadows and I am interested in VR Single Pass Instancing only (for performance reasons, of course). Now, I have come accross something I wanted to ask you to take a look at (if you haven't already written this yourself maybe you would find this code usefull and make us an updated version with sun shafts support for URP). I have menaged to make sun shafts work with URP. The only place I was not able to make it work was in 2020 LTS with single pass instancing (because of mentioned Unity bug), and since I plan on using 2019 LTS and SPI anyway (which works) so no harm there. In MockHMD everything seems fine and on real device (Oculus Rift S) shafts just don't align as I was hoping, so I wanted to ask if you could take a look it. I will PM you the files (just 3 renderer feature, pass and the shader). Sorry but I am just so excited about this and realy hope that fixing this is just going to be too obvious and easy for you.
    URP_Sun_Shafts.png

GCatz likes this.
  46. KamilTrajger

KamilTrajger

Hey! The asset is amazing.
    There are a couple of questions.

1. How to get rid of such artifacts? Attached a screenshot. (Solved) with Unistorm controller. How to get rid of such artifacts on other controllers?

2. I want to change the rain mode to "Realistic Rain Storm". How can i do this? Tried to create my own weather but it didn't work, rain didn't work (Realistic rain storm is such an active rain in the unity store.)

3. Illumination of the sea / river / lake. I am using Gaia 2 and this sea glows at night. Rivers and lakes use RAM and they glow at night

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  47. zippin

zippin

I guess I couldn't resist the temptation any longer while waiting for BHS (creator/s) to release UniStorm with URP support and wanted to try it myself (I wanted to know if I would be able to use this in my project). Also, after my question related to my last post I was asked if I was able to make UniStormAtmosphericFog work in URP using the same process as with UniStormSunShafts (my post above) and here it is. Gorgeous in URP as in built-in. UniStormAtmosphericFog_URP.png

Attached Files:

48. Felixsg

Felixsg

How can change the ilumination?, for me are very dark

49. zippin

zippin

Jus to share with you guys, as I mentioned previously I could not wait for it so I did it, I was able to make everything work in URP in 2019 LTS (even Single Pass Instancing) and I have sent it to the creator. Hopefully you will get this to play with soon.
    UniStorm 2019 LTS URP SPI.png

HongShuai, GCatz, Bwacky and 5 others like this.
  50. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

Is there a builtin way to transition time?