Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

When did you update UniStorm to version 3.0? It may be related to the Asset Store issue that's been going on today as it seems like the update is still pending on the Asset Store's end, even though it was accepted.

Yes, I can confirm there is some sort of issues with submission tools and the Asset Store. I have resubmitted and the update will hopefully be live tomorrow.

2. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

For some reason, the Asset Store had an error when submitting the 3.0.1 update. It doesn't look like anyone has been able to successfully download it.

I have contacted Unity and resubmitted the 3.0.1 update. It should hopefully be live sometime tomorrow.

The good news is that I did happen to add a couple of extra things to the update.
    • Hour calculations will now trigger properly and reliably when using UniStorm's UI Time Slider.
    • Added Intense Sunrise and Sunset UniStorm Profile
    • Added UniStorm Events, these include:
      • OnHourChange Event
      • OnDayChange Event
      • OnMonthChange Event
      • OnYearChange Event
      • OnWeatherChange Event

JBR-games, C_p_H and Rotary-Heart like this.
  3. SSL7

SSL7

any chance we get the CTS rain/snow support like in unistorm 2? :D

4. md-ford

md-ford

Just a quick FYI, I eventualy found what was causing the slowdown on upgrading to 3.0.Lighting/EnvironmentLighting/Source. It had defaulted to Sybox which was costing me 90fps for some reason, reverting back to gradient gave me my fps back, and may actualy be running faster then 2.xx. One thing I will say to people still considering buying Unistorm is that the support here, is outstanding. Even when the problem is your end and not theres! Thanks.

5. md-ford

md-ford

Would it be possible to do weather conditions that can only happen at specific times of day?

6. BHS

BHS

Yes! I went ahead and wrote an external script that controls CTS's snow and rain shading according to UniStorm's weather. While integrated support is nice, it creates added code to UniStorm that isn't necessarily needed. This works by watching UniStorm's Global Weather Shaders and applying the same values. Each weather type has an option for weather shading so you can control which weather types control the weather shading. By default, rain and snow shading are already applied to UniStorm's rain and snow weather types.

Apply the script below to an empty game object in your scene. It will automatically detect the CTS Weather Manager or create one if needed.

Note: Snow shading only seems to work if the Snow Amount in the Snow Settings of your CTS Profile is set to 1. The reference to UniStorm is using the new 3.0.1 API with UniStormSystem.Instance If you want to get the reference to UniStorm with version 3.0.0, you will need to find UniStorm and store it on start. The 3.0.1 update should be live sometime today though.

Attached to this post for those who want to download the script directly.

Updated: Will work with newer versions of UniStorm by adding the namespace: using UniStorm; at the top of the script under using UnityEngine;

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class UniStormCTSController : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public float MaxRainSmoothness = 0.8f;
    8.     CTS.CTSWeatherManager m_CTSWeatherManager;
    10.     //Get the CTS Weather Manager. If one is not found, create one.
    11.     void Start ()
    12.     {
    13.         if (FindObjectOfType<CTS.CTSWeatherManager>())
    14.         {
    15.             m_CTSWeatherManager = FindObjectOfType<CTS.CTSWeatherManager>();
    16.         }
    17.         else
    18.         {
    19.             GameObject TempCTSWeatherManager = new GameObject("CTS Weather Manager");
    20.             TempCTSWeatherManager.AddComponent<CTS.CTSWeatherManager>();
    21.             m_CTSWeatherManager = FindObjectOfType<CTS.CTSWeatherManager>();
    22.         }
    24.         InitializeCTS();
    25.     }
    27.     //Initializes CTS
    28.     public void InitializeCTS()
    29.     {
    30.         if (Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_WetnessStrength") > 0)
    31.         {
    32.             m_CTSWeatherManager.RainPower = 1;
    33.         }
    34.         else if (Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_SnowStrength") > 0)
    35.         {
    36.             m_CTSWeatherManager.SnowPower = 1;
    37.         }
    38.         else
    39.         {
    40.             m_CTSWeatherManager.RainPower = 0f;
    41.             m_CTSWeatherManager.SnowPower = 0f;
    42.         }
    44.         m_CTSWeatherManager.MaxRainSmoothness = MaxRainSmoothness;
    45.         m_CTSWeatherManager.Season = ((float)UniStormSystem.Instance.UniStormDate.DayOfYear / 365) * 4;
    46.     }
    48.     void Update()
    49.     {
    50.         //Watches UniStorm's Global Weather Shader variables and applies the same value to CTS's shader values.
    51.         //Both need to be watched at once in order for them to be properly controlled when transtioning between snow and rain.
    52.         if (Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_WetnessStrength") > 0)
    53.         {
    54.             m_CTSWeatherManager.RainPower = Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_WetnessStrength");
    55.         }
    56.         if (Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_SnowStrength") > 0)
    57.         {
    58.             m_CTSWeatherManager.SnowPower = Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_SnowStrength");
    59.         }
    61.         //Uses UniStorm's date time as the seasonal progression for CTS
    62.         m_CTSWeatherManager.Season = ((float)UniStormSystem.Instance.UniStormDate.DayOfYear / 365) * 4;
    63.     }
    64. }

You're welcome. Great to hear you found out what was causing the issue. I'm getting around 600fps using the Skybox lightning source, as well as the Gradient, in the Standard Demo scene so I'm not sure why you are having issues with it. What version of Unity are you using?

Not currently, but I have plans to add this with the next update. It will most likely use UniStorm's time of day states such as Morning, Day, Evening, and Night.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. md-ford

md-ford

Unity 2018.2.1f1, although to be honest I usualy only use gradient anyway, so this doesnt bother me, but it does seem strange. As for the time of day weather control I can do this myself without problem, I just think the feature would be good.Morning mist, Heat distortion during day etc.

8. BHS

BHS

As soon as the 3.0.1 update is accepted, adding time of day weather will be as simple as the following code. I went ahead and wrote an example as other users may find it useful. It allows you to set the weather for each time of day. I could look into having it be within the UniStorm editor itself, but I'm trying to keep its code length to a minimum. A lot of added functionality can be added with UniStorm Events and its new API.

To use this, simply attach it to an empty gameobject and assign the Weather Types for each time of day.

Updated:
    Will work with newer versions of UniStorm by adding the namespace: using UniStorm; at the top of the script under using UnityEngine;

Code (CSharp):
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class UniStormTimeOfDayWeather : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public WeatherType MorningWeatherType;
    8.     public WeatherType DayWeatherType;
    9.     public WeatherType EveningWeatherType;
    10.     public WeatherType NightWeatherType;
    12.     void Start ()
    13.     {
    14.         //Create an hourly event to check and update UniStorm's time of day weather.
    15.         //Note: Events should be assigned at runtime and should not be used while in Update.
    16.         UniStormSystem.Instance.OnHourChangeEvent.AddListener(() => CalculateTimeOfDayWeather());
    17.     }
    19.     void CalculateTimeOfDayWeather ()
    20.     {
    21.         //Get the current time of day, if it's equal to morning, change the weather to the Morning Weather Type
    22.         if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentTimeOfDay == UniStormSystem.CurrentTimeOfDayEnum.Morning)
    23.         {
    24.             if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentWeatherType != MorningWeatherType)
    25.             {
    26.                 UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherWithTransition(MorningWeatherType);
    27.             }
    28.         }
    29.         else if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentTimeOfDay == UniStormSystem.CurrentTimeOfDayEnum.Day)
    30.         {
    31.             if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentWeatherType != DayWeatherType)
    32.             {
    33.                 UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherWithTransition(DayWeatherType);
    34.             }
    35.         }
    36.         else if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentTimeOfDay == UniStormSystem.CurrentTimeOfDayEnum.Evening)
    37.         {
    38.             if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentWeatherType != EveningWeatherType)
    39.             {
    40.                 UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherWithTransition(EveningWeatherType);
    41.             }
    42.         }
    43.         else if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentTimeOfDay == UniStormSystem.CurrentTimeOfDayEnum.Night)
    44.         {
    45.             if (UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentWeatherType != NightWeatherType)
    46.             {
    47.                 UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherWithTransition(NightWeatherType);
    48.             }
    49.         }
    50.     }
    51. }

Attached Files:

JBR-games and Arganth like this.
  9. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 3.0.1.1 has been accepted and is now live. Unity seems to have fixed the previous issue where the new update was not properly displaying or downloading.

See my post here for what the 3.0.1 update brings: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...r-weather-system.121021/page-101#post-3590976

This update also brings UniStorm Events. For script examples on UniStorm Events, and other new API, see UniStorm’s documentation here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...mWX9rubGw8qjkZ4b4/edit#heading=h.wdi1uoeswdyw

Rotary-Heart likes this.
  10. BHS

BHS

I have had a few requests via email for a Player Vitals example that uses UniStorm's variables to affects a player's vitals. So, I thought I would post an example script of how to do so. Note: UniStorm 3.0.1.1 is required for this script to work properly as it uses UniStorm's new API.

This script can easily be modified to control a 3rd party character controller's health and vitals. This just uses the script's player variables to show its functionality.

Updated: Will work with newer versions of UniStorm by adding the namespace: using UniStorm; at the top of the script under using UnityEngine;

Code (CSharp):
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class UniStormPlayerVitals : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public int FreezingTemperature = 32;
    8.     public int PlayerHealth = 100;
    9.     public int PlayerWarmth = 100;
    10.     public int WarthRate = 5;
    11.     public int PlayerDryness = 100;
    12.     public int DrynessRate = 5;
    13.     public int PlayerFullness = 100;
    14.     public int HungerRate = 5;
    15.     int m_LastHour;
    17.     void Start ()
    18.     {
    19.         //Add our CalculateVitals function to UniStorm's OnHourChangeEvent.
    20.         //Note: Events should be assigned at runtime and should not be used while in Update.
    21.         UniStormSystem.Instance.OnHourChangeEvent.AddListener(() => CalculateVitals());
    22.     }
    24.     //Calculates our vitals every UniStorm hour.
    25.     void CalculateVitals()
    26.     {
    27.         //Only calculate when time is progressing forward. This is to stop the vitals from calculating when using
    28.         //the time slider and moving it backwards.
    29.         if (UniStormSystem.Instance.Hour > m_LastHour || UniStormSystem.Instance.Hour == 0 && m_LastHour == 23)
    30.         {
    31.             //Calculates the player's warmth
    32.             //If the current UniStorm temperature is equal to or below freezing, decrease the player's warmth.
    33.             //If the current UniStorm temperature is above freezing, increase the player's warmth.
    34.             if (UniStormSystem.Instance.Temperature <= FreezingTemperature)
    35.             {
    36.                 PlayerWarmth -= WarthRate;
    38.                 if (PlayerWarmth <= 0)
    39.                 {
    40.                     PlayerHealth -= WarthRate;
    41.                     PlayerWarmth = 0;
    42.                 }
    43.             }
    44.             else
    45.             {
    46.                 PlayerWarmth += WarthRate;
    48.                 if (PlayerWarmth > 100)
    49.                 {
    50.                     PlayerWarmth = 100;
    51.                 }
    52.             }
    54.             //Calculates the player's dryness
    55.             //If the current UniStorm Current Precipitation Type is equal to Rain, decrease the player's dryness.
    56.             //If the current UniStorm Current Precipitation Type is equal to None, increase the player's dryness.
    57.             if (UniStormManager.Instance.GetCurrentPrecipitationType() == "Rain")
    58.             {
    59.                 PlayerDryness -= DrynessRate;
    61.                 if (PlayerDryness <= 0)
    62.                 {
    63.                     PlayerHealth -= DrynessRate;
    64.                     PlayerDryness = 0;
    65.                 }
    66.             }
    67.             else if (UniStormManager.Instance.GetCurrentPrecipitationType() == "None")
    68.             {
    69.                 PlayerDryness += DrynessRate;
    71.                 if (PlayerDryness > 100)
    72.                 {
    73.                     PlayerDryness = 100;
    74.                 }
    75.             }
    77.             //Calculates the player's hunger
    78.             //Each UniStorm hour, decrease our player's fullness amount according to the HungerRate.
    79.             PlayerFullness -= HungerRate;
    81.             if (PlayerFullness <= 0)
    82.             {
    83.                 PlayerHealth -= HungerRate;
    84.                 PlayerFullness = 0;
    85.             }
    87.             //If the player's health is equal to or below 0, the player is "Dead".
    88.             if (PlayerHealth <= 0)
    89.             {
    90.                 Debug.Log("The Player has died");
    91.             }
    93.             //Make our m_LastHour equal to the current UniStorm hour so the CalculateVitals function
    94.             //only calculates when time is progressing.
    95.             m_LastHour = UniStormSystem.Instance.Hour;
    96.         }
    97.     }
    98. }

Attached Files:

11. wwg

wwg

@BHS - I finally got around to playing with Unistorm 3 (3.0.1.1) and I have a couple questions/observations:
    • I see that Unistorm sets the camera's far clipping plane to 16,000 ( PlayerCamera.farClipPlane = 16000 ). It would be good if we could change that in the editor. In my current project I have it set to 20,000.
    • The clouds seem to lack some of the perspective they had in the previous version. When looking towards the horizon, the clouds sometimes feel flat in the sky.
      • Related: is there still a setting to change how far the clouds are from the horizon?
    Congratulations on v3...it looks great!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  12. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the feedback.

I totally agree, I can make a setting in the UniStorm Editor to adjust the default far clipping plane.

I plan on improving the clouds' depth in a future update. When this feature is added, there should be an option to adjust it through the UniStorm Editor

13. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

@BHS can you add photon script for new version i need :))?:)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  14. md-ford

md-ford

Thanks for the script. Not quite what I had in mind as I wouldnt want it to always happen, Personaly what I would do is create a weather pattern based off, let say partialy cloudy. Then add an effect like a ground mist to it, and if it detects the partialy cloudy weather in a morning, switch it to my morning mist partialy cloudy.But like I said I can do that myself, Still the support is always good here. Thanks

BHS likes this.
  15. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

Backing light error in 2018.2

upload_2018-8-21_22-36-45.png

upload_2018-8-21_22-35-19.png

16. PiterQ70

PiterQ70

Anyone test shader with HD RP?
    Regards :)

17. SSL7

SSL7

So I used this script with 3.0.1.1 but it seems to work for rain only and not snow, I set the snow power 1 at cts profile as you mentioned.

edit: snow works now, error remains

also I get this error:

Material doesn't have a color property '_Color'
    UnityEngine.Material:get_color()
    <LightningCloudsFadeSequence>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at Assets/UniStorm 3.0/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:1802)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    UniStormSystem:TransitionWeather() (at Assets/UniStorm 3.0/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:1530)
    UniStormSystem:CheckWeather() (at Assets/UniStorm 3.0/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:1384)
    UniStormSystem:HourlyUpdate() (at Assets/UniStorm 3.0/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:1180)
    UniStormSystem:Update() (at Assets/UniStorm 3.0/Scripts/System/UniStormSystem.cs:1055)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  18. BHS

BHS

I'll see if I can get a networking example script for UniStorm when I get the chance. :)

Strange, I'm not sure what could be causing this. I've tested UniStorm 3.0 with Unity 2018.2 and never received this issue. Is there any steps you could provide that would allow me to recreate it?

Good to hear the CTS script is working.

As for the error, you seems to have been the only one who has had this issue. Is there any way you could PM an exported scene of this issue so I can figure out what's happening? I have tried several times to recreate this but I cannot find what's causing it. The only thing I can think of is that some how your Lightning Clouds material was somehow changed to a different material.

anunnaki2016 likes this.
  19. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

I just opened the scene, then he starts to bake the lighting after that it stays like that, without me changing anything.

20. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Thannks my friend @BHS ,Yes i wait

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  21. txarly

txarly

Thanks for the asset, is really awesome.
    I have a question, why do the objects look so dark?Look at the screenshot, weapon and rocks look really dark,black.Weather is clear and time 12 p.m.I ´ve been tweaking atmosphere,sun ,but not success.

thanks

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-30 13.37.29.png

22. BHS

BHS

This is most likely because you are using the Skybox Environment Lighting Source. Ensure that you are using the Gradient. It gives the best results. This can be found under Window>Lighting within Unity.

EnvironmentLightingSource.png

23. OkashiKami

OkashiKami

hey guys is there a way to control the unistorm system by network like if i am making a mmorpg how do i go about syncing all clients weather and datetime

24. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

When I get the chance, I will be making a tutorial/downloadable script that will be get UniStorm working with network based games.

JBR-games and Weblox like this.
  25. greyforest

greyforest

@BHS
    On low end android device,in my project,disable the cloud can increase FPS from 13 to 19.I tried to edit the shader,disabled some advance feature,but almost change nothing.Will you release a mobile version of cloud shader?Or any advice?Like use Graphics.Blit to generate a texture and keep the cloud not change at all,only some uv animation?

and,for network game,can not use time.time and +=.should use a timestamp based stable algorithm for time.I'm almost finished this(and something like server side weather zone),but i don't like change any asset script,keep asset as latest version need more work to do.

26. greyforest

greyforest

i copied shaders and texurure from 2.4 mobile,for now:oops:

27. BHS

BHS

Are you using UniStorm 3.0 or UniStorm 2.4? UniStorm 3.0 isn't currently optimized to run on mobile devices. When the UniStorm 3.0 Mobile version is finished, it will have an option to toggle the mobile version right from within the UniStorm editor, along with enabling or disabling certain features. What kind of mobile device did you test this on?

I'm nearly finished with the network integration for UniStorm. This will be released with the next update. It works great and allows the time, weather, temperature, and more to be synced over the network. This was all done without modifying the UniStormSystem script. The external UniStormNetworkManager keeps track of the host's system and sends the information to the clients when they change. It can also sync the weather and other information to clients who join after the game has been started.

anunnaki2016 likes this.
  28. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Nice work my friend @BHS

29. greyforest

greyforest

@BHS
    I'm using UniStorm 3.0. The test device has a Mali-T860 GPU.I use 2.4 cloud shader for low end device as a temporary solution.

Disable TimeFlow and use set time api from an outside update is a way to prevent modify UniStormSystem script.

BTW,SetDate api has a bug,it only set UniStormDate,but did not sync year,month,day.

30. txarly

txarly

Hey,
    1 - Is possible to change the fog color in every weather somehow? If not, i think will be very usefull to be able to change the color too.

2 - Are there God Rays in Unistorm 3?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  31. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi!
    How can I replace all isntances of new AudioClip() with null?
    Plz tell me.

32. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Is it still possible to have static weather in 3.0?

33. BHS

BHS

Thanks, I will look into the SetDate API bug.

1) Not currently, but it is something I plan on adding with an update.
    2) I plan on adding support for this open source volumetric light asset that should give similar results soon.

This is no longer a bug with UniStorm. Upgrate to UniStorm 3.0 to fix it.

I will be adding this option with the very next update.

sheffieldlad likes this.
  34. combatsheep

combatsheep

Oh, I see...
    OK. I will try the UniStorm2.x to UniStorm3 in my project.
    Thanks, @BHS!

35. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

Hi i love the new update btw I was just wondering I have a inside level in a jail cell I wanna use unistorm stil for sound effects but how do I make it night time every time I make it dark it’s still really light it’s meant to be a survival horror with a torch for only lighting and basically pitch black so please help thanks

36. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

@BHS My friend please i need script for photon and system for remote player, 30 days and my new game out on steam, and I would not like to put version 2 , can you put update please=?

or you would not have beta if not?

Thanks for your work

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  37. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

I'm using AQUAS with unistorm and it looks like AQUAS is controlling the fog. How can I give unistorm control back?

38. BHS

BHS

See the UniStorm Profile (Black Nights) for really dark nights. This is included in the UniStorm Profiles folder. You can import these settings right into your UniStorm system so it will have near black nights, however, this will also overwrite your current UniStorm colors so make sure you create a backup profile just in case you want to revert back to your original settings.

I'm nearly finished with adding network support with UNET and it will be available with the 3.1 update. I picked UNET because it is directly integrated into Unity. Using this as a reference, you should be able to add Photon support. Basically, it has the host keep track of the changes to UniStorm and the host sends the information to the clients. If the host gets disconnected, the new host will take over. This also gives the host the ability to change the time and weather with the UniStorm Menu Control, if desired.

I talked with the developer of AQUAS a little while back about adding integrated support for UniStorm. I was able to do it myself by having AQUAS reference UniStorm's current fog intensity instead of its own fog intensity. There integration code is still in the current version UniStorm, but it is just commented out. I will most likely end up adding support for it with an external script like I did with the CTS integration code above. When I get the chance, I will try to put together a little guide to add AQUAS support to UniStorm, until I can get the integration figured out with the developer.

anunnaki2016 likes this.
  39. mrPRAZ

mrPRAZ

Does the new UniStorm v3.0 support tree growth over time like the previous version?

40. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

rain is not appearing on the mobile version

41. DocQ

DocQ

@BHS Hello, I have owned Unistorm since way back in the beginning, purchased it in November of 2013 and have always loved it. Great support and have loved all the advances you have done with it. I am currently doing a multiplayer game using uSURVIVAL and have read the comments where you are almost done with a multiplayer script so the server handles all the weather changes and puts it out to the client. How close are you to this being ready because at this point I do not want to change weather systems. Thanks for your response, keep up the great work!

42. BHS

BHS

I will be converting the vegetation growth system to UniStorm 3.0 with the 3.1 version of UniStorm.

When I get the chance, I will send you the updated mobile version that fixes this. It happens because it doesn't include the Unity 2018 Platform Dependent Compilation.

Hey there,

Thanks! It's great to hear you have been enjoying UniStorm. The multiplayer update should be submitted sometime next week.

43. wood333

wood333

In the new version of Unistorm, how do I block solar reflections off water and shadows during overcast conditions, such as rain?

44. BHS

BHS

You would beed a custom script that controls the specular level of your water shader/controls based on the weather type.

45. Ishizuke

Ishizuke

Hello. Sun Shafts currently are not supported in Unistorm 3 (no any mention of it in Unstorm scripts) but SunShafts component still exists in Components -> Image Effects -> Sun Shafts. I have applyed SunShafts component to the camera and it works, but Unistorm sun is not moving in the skydome, it's just rotated in one place below the surface, so, sun shafts are displayed from underground.

It's possible to create custom sun shafts management and connect it to Unistorm system, but I think it would be best if you just return sun shafts support to Unistorm - you already had this in previous versions.

46. wood333

wood333

In an earlier version of Unistorm, there was a slider for Sun Intensity (cloud) which worked perfectly to reduce BOTH water reflections and shadows. In the current Unistorm there is only Stormy Sun Color gradient which can be set black to reduce reflections off the water, but it does not appear to diminish shadows.

A shadow on my player character beneath any overcast sky is immediately noticeable and breaks the illusion of game reality. Are you saying the new Unistorm no longer provides a way to reduce shadows on a cloudy day? What am I overlooking?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  47. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Sun intensity is controlled on each weather type I think. Setting that should effect the shadows and reflections. @BHS, do you have missing icons in version 3 compared to the last one? I had the weather displayed but now the settings are broken. I cant seem to find the icons have they been removed or renamed?

wood333 likes this.
  48. BHS

BHS

The old Sun Shafts effects have been removed because they are no longer properly supported with the new versions of Unity. I will be adding volumetric lighting support with UniStorm 3.2, which will look better than Unity's Sun Shafts effect. If you are trying to implement it yourself, you need to use an Animation Curve, to control the Sun Shafts intensity for each time of day so the effect fades out at night. Look at UniStorm's other Animation Curves as another example, if that's the route you'd like to take.

Sun Intensity is controlled for each weather type. This is to offer precise sun control so you can have less sun light during heavier storms and more sun intensity during lighter storms. I can add shadow control for each weather type as well, if users will find it useful.

A lot of the weather icons were renamed, which is most likely why you're missing them. The weather icons can be found under UniStorm 3.0>Textures>Weather Icons.

AndyNeoman and combatsheep like this.
  49. wood333

wood333

That would be awesome! Those of us designing for realism would greatly appreciate it.

lawsochi and JBR-games like this.
  50. arturnik17

arturnik17

Hey, is there a way to change the weather by temperature?
    This way you will have a more realistic transition.

For example this way you would have a slim chance of going from Clear to Rain but instead you would have to transition from Clear to Mostly cloudy and you would have a better change of transitioning to Rain.
    I've done it in the previous version by code (using temperature/current weather to have different chances for the next weather type to be) but I'm wondering since the Forecast has been introduced in 3.0 if it's implemented?

Thanks!

Edit: I've seen that it's possible to change Rain's weather type to one specific season or change it's temperature condition to above/below freezing. Is there a way to control it by temperature value instead of condition?