Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Wright

Wright

Great job! I really love the sun shafts and the overall atmosphere of the evening! I can't wait to see more screenshots - please, please! :)

BHS likes this.
  2. BHS

BHS

Thanks!

Here's some more screenshots of Map Magic (A node based procedural and infinite map generator) with UniStorm. This time we used SpeedTree's Desktop Tree Package for the trees.

It only took 30 seconds to setup UniStorm with Map Magic. This scene consists of an infinite terrain. All we did was write a simple script to have the UniStorm follow the player.

UniStorm and Infinite Terrains:
    bandicam 2016-03-14 17-16-14-918.png
    bandicam 2016-03-14 17-09-27-397.png
    bandicam 2016-03-14 17-15-11-860.png
    bandicam 2016-03-14 16-58-14-872.png

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone! UniStorm 2.1.3 has been accepted and is now live!

UniStorm 2.1.3 Release Notes

Shader Fixes for Unity 5.3+
    This update fixes the shader issue introduced with Unity 5.3.3.1f. As well as some other much needed improvement.

Updated UniStorm Sun
    UniStorm's Sun has been fixed and it now uses the sun created with UniStorm's Procedural Skybox. We have also added full support for Sun Shafts with the Skybox sun. This allows for shadows, specular lighting, and Sun Shafts to be accurately cast. The Sun is constant so users can roam as far as they want without limitation. The sun and its sun shafts will also remain constant. Below is Ceto being used with UniStorm. The specular lighting remains accurate, regardless of how far the player moves.

New UniStorm Sun (2.1.3).png

New UniStorm Editor
    We have also redid the UniStorm Editor and added tabs for each option. This allows everything to be categorized according to the current option tab that is selected. Only the options for the currently selected tab will be visible. This makes navigating much easy instead of having every option on one large list that you have to constantly scroll through.

New Editor 2.png

Day of the Week and Info
    We have added accurate day of the week. The day of the week is calculated automatically given the date set within the UniStorm Editor. It can be accessed by using UniStormDate.DayOfWeek. Below is the new UniStorm Info box that gives useful information regarding the current UniStorm conditions. This info box is above the option tabs.

UniStorm Info.png

UniStorm Desktop and Mobile Independent Import
    UniStorm Desktop and Mobile are now able to be imported independently. This has been tested and confirmed.

Auto Player Setup v1.1 (APS)
    Auto Player Setup has been improved by adding help messages that pop up when something isn't being done right (such as trying to use the the system when particle effects are already attached to the player, using the wrong version of APS with UniStorm, and when UniStorm is not detected in the scene).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. zmaxz

zmaxz

Hi~
    I would like to start the time at 16:40, but it always start the time at 17:16,
    How can i do that?

"Version: Unity4.69 "

5. BHS

BHS

What version of UniStorm are you using? If you are using Unity 4.6, you're most likely using an outdated version that doesn't have the custom start time feature. There should be a setting in the Time Options that allows you to choose the starting hour and starting minute.

6. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

We have had a lot of requests for UniStorm controlling Ceto. So, we decided to make an example script of how to do so. The script allows you to control the wave intensity as well as the choppiness intensity during stormy weather types. The script will also fade out Ceto's specular intensity so the sun's specular light isn't visible during stormy weather types. Everything is then faded back in when storms clear up.

Here's an example script of how to do so:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Ceto Controller with UniStorm
    2. //Black Horizon Studios
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using System.Collections;
    6. using Ceto;
    8. public class CetoControllerWithUniStorm : MonoBehaviour {
    10.     //Our UniStorm reference
    11.     private GameObject uniStormSystem;
    12.     private UniStormWeatherSystem_C uniStormSystemScript;
    14.     //The default non-precipitation specular intensity. When switching to stormy, the specular intensity (UniStorm's Sun specular intensity) will be decreased to 0
    15.     public float startingSpecularIntensity = 0.2f;
    17.     //Our variables that hold and control the Ceto values
    18.     private float windSpeedController;
    19.     private float choppinessController;
    21.     //Controls our caps for both stormy and normal (non-precipitation) weather types
    22.     public float windSpeedNormal;
    23.     public float windSpeedStormy;
    24.     public float choppinessNormal;
    25.     public float choppinessStormy;
    27.     //How fast the ocean variables are manipulated
    28.     public float windSpeedStormySpeed = 0.1f;
    29.     public float windSpeedNormalSpeed = 0.1f;
    30.     public float choppinessStormySpeed = 0.01f;
    31.     public float choppinessNormalSpeed = 0.01f;
    33.     private float specularController = 0.2f;
    35.     //Apply your Ceto Ocean system here
    36.     public WaveSpectrum CetoOcean;
    38.     private bool fadingInCompleted = false;
    39.     private bool fadingOutCompleted = false;
    41.     void Start ()
    42.     {
    43.         //Find the UniStorm Weather System Editor, this must match the UniStorm Editor name
    44.         uniStormSystem = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor");
    45.         uniStormSystemScript = uniStormSystem.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>();
    47.         //Set our variables to the current Ceto settings
    48.         windSpeedController = CetoOcean.windSpeed;
    49.         choppinessController = CetoOcean.choppyness;
    51.         //Set Ceto's values to what's set using this script
    52.         CetoOcean.windSpeed = windSpeedNormal;
    53.         CetoOcean.choppyness = choppinessNormal;
    55.     }
    57.     void Update ()
    58.     {
    59.         //If the weather type is a storm, change Ceto's variables to stormy
    60.         if (uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster == 3 || uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster == 12)
    61.         {
    62.             if (!fadingInCompleted)
    63.             {
    64.                 windSpeedController += Time.deltaTime * windSpeedStormySpeed;
    65.                 choppinessController += Time.deltaTime * choppinessStormySpeed;
    67.                 CetoOcean.windSpeed = windSpeedController;
    68.                 CetoOcean.choppyness = choppinessController;
    70.                 specularController -= Time.deltaTime * 0.005f;
    71.                 Ceto.Ocean.Instance.specularIntensity = specularController;
    73.                 if (specularController <= 0)
    74.                 {
    75.                     specularController = 0;
    76.                 }
    78.                 if (windSpeedController >= windSpeedStormy)
    79.                 {
    80.                     windSpeedController = windSpeedStormy;
    81.                 }
    83.                 if (choppinessController >= choppinessStormy)
    84.                 {
    85.                     choppinessController = choppinessStormy;
    86.                 }
    88.                 if (windSpeedController >= windSpeedStormy && choppinessController >= choppinessStormy && specularController <= 0)
    89.                 {
    90.                     fadingInCompleted = true;
    91.                     fadingOutCompleted = false;
    92.                 }
    93.             }
    94.         }
    96.         //If the weather types are normal (non-precipitation), change Ceto's variables to normal
    97.         if (uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster == 1 || uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster == 2 || uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster >= 4 && uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster < 12 || uniStormSystemScript.weatherForecaster == 13)
    98.         {
    99.             if (!fadingOutCompleted)
    100.             {
    101.                 windSpeedController -= Time.deltaTime * windSpeedNormalSpeed;
    102.                 choppinessController -= Time.deltaTime * choppinessNormalSpeed;
    104.                 CetoOcean.windSpeed = windSpeedController;
    105.                 CetoOcean.choppyness = choppinessController;
    107.                 specularController += Time.deltaTime * 0.005f;
    108.                 Ceto.Ocean.Instance.specularIntensity = specularController;
    110.                 if (specularController >= startingSpecularIntensity)
    111.                 {
    112.                     specularController = startingSpecularIntensity;
    113.                 }
    115.                 if (windSpeedController <= windSpeedNormal)
    116.                 {
    117.                     windSpeedController = windSpeedNormal;
    118.                 }
    120.                 if (choppinessController <= choppinessNormal)
    121.                 {
    122.                     choppinessController = choppinessNormal;
    123.                 }
    125.                 if (windSpeedController <= windSpeedNormal && choppinessController <= choppinessNormal && specularController >= startingSpecularIntensity)
    126.                 {
    127.                     fadingOutCompleted = true;
    128.                     fadingInCompleted = false;
    129.                 }
    130.             }
    131.         }
    132.     }
    133. }

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Sphelps and arnesso like this.
  7. SureSight

SureSight

UniStorm is amazing and it's added so much value to our project. However, we are having some issues with lighting dynamic objects like characters.
    This is very obvious when the sun/moon is low as the light only affects one side of the character and shadows are more likely cast from other objects in the scene.

Our game uses 100% GI and dynamic lighting (no static lights).
    Do you have any tips for making certain that characters remain well lit in all cases.

8. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Thanks, good to hear you are enjoying UniStorm.

If you could provide a screenshot of your scene, it would help me have a better understanding of what's going on.

If you are referring to an object being too dark during twilight (hours between dusk and night/night and morning) you can use the Twilight Ambient Color to provide brighter ambient lighting during twilight hours.

9. paulojsam

paulojsam

how can i make ufps and unistorm to work together please

10. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

You would use the Auto Player Setup. This system will automatically setup everything for you.

It's cover in this video. However, the video is a little outdated. Everything is done automatically except adding the sun shaft image effect, which is covered in the video.

If you have any questions regarding setting up, just ask.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  11. Xain

Xain

Hi UniStorm is really good but i want to add planets to the sky like Jupiter , Mars etc. that uses day & night cycle.But i couldn't find any options..

arnesso likes this.
  12. paulojsam

paulojsam

Thank you very much!!!

BHS likes this.
  13. InfiniteDice

InfiniteDice

Good update, might be just me but the stock camera 0.1 to 18000 setting seems a bit extreme. I was getting a strange rip across the screen had to bump the near clip to 0.25 to get it to go away..

For the future maybe rendering certain things to specific cameras via depth or layers might be a better option, 18,000 might require a more restrictive near clip than some people can use.

Thanks for the collapsing menu, that's a real improvement.

Cheers.

14. KyleStaves

KyleStaves

Just an FYI, the clouds work great on DX11 but aren't visible at all on DX9.

EDIT:
    Also, there's a super weird error that occurs:
    Material doesn't have a texture property '5f4d61696e54657833'
    UnityEngine.Material:SetTextureOffset(String, Vector2)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C:DynamicCloudFormations() (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2332)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C:Update() (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1641)

For some reason CloudA/B/C are generating what looks like random strings. Absolutely nothing sets those strings as far as I can see (find references in VS), and switching them to public readonly string fixes the problem. No clue why it's happening, but it happens in completely fresh/empty projects as well.

15. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This feature isn't fully supported, but the workaround is attaching celestial objects to the moon so they follow its rotation and the day and night cycle.

You're welcome!

For most scenes, the far clipping plane at 18,000 isn't an issue, but for larger scenes we recommend the 2 camera setup. This renders the scene with camera 1 and UniStorm with camera 2. This allows users to be able to set a custom far clipping plane with camera 1.

We plan on adding a new feature to the Auto Player Setup so it can automatically setup the 2 camera setup.

Strange, there was one other customer who reported a similar issue, but the issue couldn't be recreated in our end. Now that we know what's going on, we can fix it.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  16. Ludo97

Ludo97

hello, What does it take option set to make it snow ? I played for 1 hour and there is no snow ... thank you

17. Sphelps

Sphelps

Check your calendar setting and your temperature settings
    Default has to be 32 degrees or below to snow

BHS likes this.
  18. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

OK, so I updated Unistorm, and used the Auto Player Setup. I am using the JS version of Unistorm, but as soon as I run the game, it works for about a minute, and then I get this pop-up asking me to set up the player in C

Attached Files:

• uni4.jpg
      uni4.jpg
      File size:
      1,004.7 KB
      Views:
  19. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This is because the Hotkey to open up the APS is Shift+A (C#) and Shift+Q (JS) we will do a quick update to make it keys that aren't used so often. I wasn't aware that this would function in game.

To fix it do the following for both the JS and C# version of UniStormSetupEditor:

Open up the UniStormSetupEditor C#

Change the line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [MenuItem("Window/UniStorm/Auto Setup Player/C# #a")]
    To:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [MenuItem("Window/UniStorm/Auto Setup Player/C#")]
    Save.

Open up the UniStormSetupEditor JS

Change the line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. @MenuItem ("Window/UniStorm/Auto Setup Player/JavaScript #q")
    To:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. @MenuItem ("Window/UniStorm/Auto Setup Player/JavaScript")
    Save.

20. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Thanks! That was quick!

21. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

My sunshafts script doesn't have a caster. Am I right in dragging the Sun_Moon into it? The video is cut off and just says Sun, so just checking this is right.

Attached Files:

22. BHS

BHS

The Sun Shafts Caster is now applied automatically on Start. You don't have to apply anything to it and can just leave it blank.

helgarddebarros likes this.
  23. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

@Azuline Studios

We have had another highly requested tutorial for setting up RFPS with UniStorm. It only takes a little over a minute to have RFPS working with UniStorm. Note: This video uses the RFPS system with 1 camera.

Deleted User likes this.
  24. Sphelps

Sphelps

Is to normal to get sun shafts at night and during a T Storm?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  25. kilju

kilju

hello. update doesnt seem to work right for me. i got same errors :

how did u fix them?

and second my sun looks really bad looks like it shaft caster is not finding sun. i added screenshot of it.

also note that i deleted old unistorm from my project before installing new version.

Attached Files:

26. BHS

BHS

Yes, Moonlight Sun Shafts are optional so they are not faded or changed during storms.

Strange, I cannot seem to recreate this issue.

My suggestion is to add the below code to the beginning of the Start function of the UniStormWeatherSystem script.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     CloudA = "_MainTex1";
    2.     CloudB = "_MainTex2";
    3.     CloudC = "_MainTex3";
    As for your Sun Shafts issue, it seems like UniStorm may be using the wrong camera. Switch the camera that UniStorm is using (found in the UniStorm Editor under Object Options) to the other UFPS camera.

Sphelps likes this.
  27. kilju

kilju

Everything is working like a charm now :D thank you for your great support!!!!

BHS likes this.
  28. BHS

BHS

Great! You're welcome!

29. lofwyre

lofwyre

Hi

I'm using UFPS. When running a game in the editor the "Setup Unistorm" window keeps popping up (I think when I hold the shift key down to run). It doesn't do it all the time, but often.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Matt

30. BHS

BHS

Hey Matt!

Refer to our post below on a fix. We were not aware that hotkeys ran in Play Mode. We will update the hotkeys with our next update.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/un...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-76#post-2558457

31. lofwyre

lofwyre

Great thanks, not sure if its reported yet but the wizard for setting up a player, when using UFPS, it adds the weapon camera as the main camera under object options.

Cheers

32. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I don't know if this is a new thing, if it is something to do with the Unistorm update, or something I changed, but this is the first time I am seeing this. The light seems to "backlight" the mountains (the mountains are being illuminated from the back). Is this normal or an error on my part?

Attached Files:

• uni1.JPG
      uni1.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  33. BHS

BHS

Yes, it has. Thanks!

We are working on submitting a quick update to fix the UFPS camera and changing the hotkeys for the Auto Player Setup.

Hey there!

I looks like it could be the the Unity terrain issue some are having. It isn't related to UniStorm, but it's Unity's terrain. Try increasing your Near Clipping Plane on your camera to 0.5 to fix the issue.

It also looks like you don't have fog enabled. Is this intentional? UniStorm looks the best when using Unity's Global Fog. Ensure that the fog is enabled and that your camera has a Global Fog image attached to it with the same setting that the default UniStorm camera has.

34. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I will experiment with the clipping plane.

The lack of fog is intentional. My game is set in East Africa, savannah like region, so it needs lots of bloom for midday heat, very little fog, etc, to look truly hot and dry. I tried it with fog but it didn't quite match my reference pictures.

35. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

We will be submitting our update 2.1.4 sometime this week that will change the Auto Player Setup hotkeys and have the Auto Player Setup apply the correct UFPS camera. We have updated the cloud shaders so the users who use far fog distances will still properly receive fog shading on the clouds.

We will also include our newest UniStorm tool, the UniStorm Forecaster.

The UniStorm Forecaster (which is a separate optional system and tool) allows you to generate weather for each UniStorm week. Each day represents a UniStorm day (Monday-Sunday). You can also adjust the precipitation odds. UniStorm will continue to generate weather each week using the settings within the UniStorm Forecaster Editor. This weather is updated at 12:00 am at the start of each day. All variables can be accessed and displayed for players if desired.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

UniStormWeatherForecaster.png

Sphelps and helgarddebarros like this.
  36. bsixel

bsixel

Hey there! I got UniStorm working with a networked example, with only a couple of issues. I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.
    The first is with regards to what I believe are the new SunShafts - Are they pro only? It was my understanding that Unity's SunShafts were pro only, but perhaps the new UniStorm ones are a separate deal. I'm getting an error when running my scene -
    "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SunShaftPosition.Start() (at Assets/Unistorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/Unistorm Examples/Spawn Player OnStart/SunShaftPosition.cs:17"
    I'm a little bewildered by why this would be happening, since I'm not using the demo scene you guys provided - perhaps you can shed some light on that.

The other issue I'm having is mentioned in the "Solutions to Possible Issues" article on your wiki, but the solution won't work for me. As mentioned in the article, our night times are rather bright and blue. Because I'm spawning the player from network, I am unable to set the Sun object in the Unity editor, and I can't seem to find any indication of how to change the Sun object programmatically.
    Thanks for the great asset!
    Cheers!

37. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

As of version 2.1.3, the sun created and applied on Start. The code for this can be found around line 824 in the UniStormWeatherSystem script. You will most likely need to handle this portion over the network.

If your skies are turning blue, it's because you have not applied the Sun's Light Source to the Sun portion of the Environmental Lighting Settings. As far as I know, Unity doesn't have API available to apply the Sun portion of the Environmental Lighting Settings grammatically. However, I know users have got it to work without the lack of API. If you can have the UniStorm System in the scene, just have it disabled in the background then enabled on Awake. This will allow you to manually apply the Sun to the Environmental Lighting Settings.

38. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

@scrawk

We have added another tutorial to our UniStorm tutorial series.

This tutorial shows you how to setup UniStorm with Ceto using the included Ceto Demo Scene.

scrawk likes this.
  39. CPFacade

CPFacade

Hello

I just purchased UniStorm and after import i'm getting an error

Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Spawn Player OnStart/SpawnPlayer.cs(4,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `SpawnPlayer'

before I even get a chance to start playing around with it.

Can you help me out?

40. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Strange, do you already have a script in your project named SpawnPlayer? If so, you will need to rename it. Unfortunately, it looks like our script has the same name as a script in your project. You cannot have multiple scripts with the same name.

41. CPFacade

CPFacade

Hi

That was the problem. I'm using the UFPS spawnpoints but I forgot I created a standard spawn earlier in development.
    Thanks for getting back to me. Quick question: I know your youtube tuts covers setting up UFPS but at 1:20 when you assign the WeaponCamera to the Camera Object the new layout doesn't have that section. Is it still required?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it and it was already assigned.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  42. BHS

BHS

You're welcome! Great to hear you figured it out.

43. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 2.1.4 has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

New Features
    * Weather Forecaster - The UniStorm Weather Forecaster (which is a separate optional system and tool) allows you to generate weather for each UniStorm week. Each day represents a UniStorm day (Monday-Sunday). You can also adjust the precipitation odds. UniStorm will continue to generate weather each week using the settings within the UniStorm Forecaster Editor. This weather is updated at 12:00 am at the start of each day. All variables can be accessed and displayed for players if desired.
    * New thunder sounds

Fixed/Improvements
    * Updated Auto Player Setup to version 1.2
    * Updated Auto Player Setup hotkeys to (Shift+Ctrl+h for C#) and (Shift+Ctrl+j for JS) so they will no long pop up accidentally
    * Auto Player Setup will now automatically apply the Sun Shafts image effect and apply the proper settings. This is done for both the UFPS setup and standard setup
    * Updated shaders to keep consistent fog shading regardless of fog distance
    * Added sun creation to a public function CreateSun() so users can call it for instantiating UniStorm or setting up UniStorm for online games
    * Fixed random string issue that would happen when editing the UniStormWeatherSystem scripts with Visual Studio
    * Fixed rain not being capped and falling below 0 for the Fog weather type

Sphelps likes this.
  44. buronix

buronix

Hi I recently bought UniStorm and its awesome, but I think there is place for a lot of improvements (obvious, always).

I was looking into the code and I think there will be some improvements (also things that I need).

-Separate functions of fade in/out precipitations from wind/temperature/snow, separate all the logic at least in these 4 elements (0 performace cost, it will be easy no mantain and maybe sometimes you dont need to do additional checks if they are not necessary = performance).

-Create variables with the actual state of wind, rain, snow, etc.

-Allow Delegates to call between fade in/out rain/snow/wind/ Weather(* Most important I think).
    So when a weather is fade in/out you can call a delegate as example :

FadeBetweenWeathers(int actualWeatherID, int destWeatherID, float zeroToOneNormalizedFadeStatus).

With all this delegate technique you will allow in a easy way player customization, Ceto for example, but a lot of different assets/custom scripts, plus private vars with actual status of the data (0-1 wind strenght, 0-1 rain amount, 0-1 snow amount, etc)you will allow users/assets to fill their needs without the need of made custom scripts calling every update to check weather actual status, made custom fade calculations, etc.

To customize this, for example,you can add an additional tab with a public list of delegates to call, or at least a delegate var :

public delegate void FadeBetweenWeathers(int actualWeather, int destWeather, float complete).

public FadeBetweenWeathers OnFadeWeather;

This is easy to implement, my main probem is if I modify the script I would need to maintain the code on each UniStorm update, with this implementation users can implement their own logic with out the need of modify the base script.

45. CPFacade

CPFacade

Hi

I'm using the UFPS multiplayer and Unistorm doesn't seem to like it. It's works find for the single player who is spawned at runtime but if anyone else joins the room. Unistorm throws this

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable moonLight of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the moonLight variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.FadeOutPrecipitation () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2417)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.WeatherForecaster () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1955)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1230)

is their a certain setup to make them work together?

Thank You,
    CP

Alex3333 likes this.
  46. MegaFlash

MegaFlash

Hi,

Trying to use a 2 camera system using this wiki: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials
    I followed the instructions, but when I move around it looks like My character is on an acid trip when I move around? Has anything been omitted from the instructions?

47. buronix

buronix

Read ALL this Message first :

Hey that configuration didnt work for me neither.

It worked with other configuration :

try this :

SceneCamera (all except unistorm)
    Clear Flags SkyBox
    cullingMask (all except unistorm layer ofc)
    far clipping planes 1500 (*desired distance)
    Depth -1

UnistormCamera
    Clear Flags Depth Only
    culling mask (unistorm layer)
    near clipping planes 1500 (*desired distance)
    far clipping planes 15000
    Depth 0

NOTE : This will work except when you have any kind of storm weather (light, heavy rain snow), in that moment your screen will become this :

I was just going to this forum to post this error when I read your message.
    So I think this will not work for you (but you can try my configuration to test in a partial/mostly cloud or sunny day and give feedback).

48. buronix

buronix

Also I have a problem with the horizon and the sunset.

I tested with a ocean (ceto) and I tryed changing the far clipping plane (all of this was made only with one camera setup)
    to 2000 and 20000 (testing with/without Unistorm rendering):

Sunset starting far clipping plane 20000

Sunset starting far clipping plane 2000

Half Sunset far clipping plane 20000

Half Sunset far clipping plane 2000

When the Sunset is starting you can see the weird black/gray horizon (can remove this will be awesome, because its pretty Ugly) but you can see all the sun.

As you can see when the sunset is progressing the Sun is Cut in a weird way in middle of the air I think this is all related to the black/gray weird horizon, cause the cut start in that position, is there any way to solve this problem ?

Attached Files:

49. MegaFlash

MegaFlash

Thanks for the previus awnser, was able to fix it by disabling the SSAO asset, and wrote an email to the author.

I setup Unistorm using the auto script, but I dont know if I am really missing something but my world axle only has Moon in it no sun. In play I have a small ball/dot in the sky for the sun?

Also Made it work for using 2 cameras, but it seems that my skybox does not cover the complete scene. I've attached screenshots.

Can't wait to try the auto player 1.2, it might fix my problems

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  50. Theekshana-A

Theekshana-A

Is it possible to have a character right click a bed and have them go to sleep?