Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. virror

virror

Got the clouds to work when starting a new project, but still cant get them to work in my current project.

2. markfrancombe

markfrancombe

Well. I have to admit that its a bit difficult to say which version!

The Project folder says UniStorm_v1.5 however the prefab is called UniStormSystem_1.6.0.

I remember a thing with Asset store not allowing new folder names(???) so I guess Im on 1.6.0 Is there another place I should check for version number?

Should I upgrade?

Can I simply re-import into my project from Asset Store? Or should I remove the old version first? Currently there are 3 prefabs in my Hierarchy that come from UniStorm.

Player

UniStormSystem_1.6.0

and RainFrontSystem(activate if desired)

Im not sure If I should have removed the player from the original prefab, is that a thing? (I did "break the prefab" after having the issues where things didnt change on run) In future iterations of my game it will not be possible for the Player to live within the UniStorm Prefab. and yes, I reconnected the camera.

...and where did I get this "RainFront System"..? and why is THAT loose? (without going back to the docs.. which Im sure I followed.) Im looking in my Project folder and I actually cant find it... is that a bit of UniStprm that has come loose? It has Mist System in it.. so.. maybe theres a clue to my fog issue?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

hi, thanks for the reply! yes, i am using unity 4 pro

i´m a bit disappointed... but i do understand that this system needs some patience - and i´m shure it´s worth waiting!

cheers michael

4. dahrrr

dahrrr

Why fog distance is reduced to 0 when you click start? There is no parameter that would regulate base fog. The documentation is like a parameter in the new version, however, it does not exist;/ In the script editor unistorm also did not find such a parameter.

5. markfrancombe

markfrancombe

I know... I cant find any reference to fog... !! apart from fog colour... So I dont know how its activated... or turned off.. in my case...

6. adriend

adriend

Hello,

I am having a problem with unistorm making my terrain suddenly super-bright.

- There's no light source other than UniStorm
    - Fog is deactivated but activating it won't solve the problem
    - It is in Deferred Lighting, HDR is checked but light intensity is set to 0.5

It happens as soon as I drag drop the UniStorm 1.6 prefab on the terrain.

Some help would be welcome.

Thank you !

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. BHS

BHS

We'll work on getting a weblplayer for UniStorm Mobile. We will be updating UniStorm Mobile soon but there's no release date. We are very busy with 2 other systems that we're working on. Once we're done with those 2 we will be working on UniStorm Mobile. Snow or lighting isn't planned for the new version because those would make the system lag on mobile devices. We have to keep things light. We will see what we can do though.

So it's something within your project that's causing a complication. I'm not sure what I can do to help you there because I don't physically have the project myself. What I can do is help you figure out what's causing it by going through common problems like we've been doing till we find the source of the problem. Can you think of any reason why it would work in a new project and not in your game's project?

You have the old version of UniStorm and all those problems have been fixed as of 1.6.2. If you don't need UniStorm in your game at the moment I would remove it entirely, go the Asset Store and download the new version, and import the new version into your project. I would recommend making a backup project before doing this just in case there are any issues. Unity's importing system isn't perfect, but your should be fine.

UniStorm controls your fog. You can turn it on by going to Edit>Render Settings there will be a checkbox indicating whether or not your want the fog enabled. We will be patching in for UniStorm to do this automatically from within the editor.

This is because UniStorm's light sources are activated at full brightness in order for the developers to be able to see when making their games. The brightness will lessened once you start playing the You can adjust the brightness by going to the actual sun light and lessening the brightness there. If your maps are too bright when playing you can adjust the brightness by the in-game sun by changing both the sun intensity and max sun intensity values. These 2 values must be the same.

8. adriend

adriend

Thank you for your reply. Unhappily, it doesn't help and the issue is the same once in game. Also, the Sun Intensity / Max Sun Intensity values do not seem to have any impact ?

9. BHS

BHS

That's strange there seems to be some sort of glitch. Does the demo scene work properly? Try creating a blank project and importing UniStorm in it to see if the problem persists. If not, it's something within your project. We'll get it figured out.

10. dahrrr

dahrrr

Welcome.
    I still have not received a response where I can adjust the minimum fog density. Anyway, I'll show you what it does:

But fog is not working;/

11. BHS

BHS

I must say your game is looking great.

I'm sorry we receive so many posts sometimes we miss some, I apologize. Now by fog do you mean Unity's built-in fog or the global fog?

We use both, we use Unity's built-in fog for any none precipitation weather and use the global fog for precipitation weather. Global fog is on your camera. Make sure it's enabled and that the density is increasing when it's raining, snowing, stormy, ect. Unity's build-in fog in under Edit>Render Settings make sure that Unity's fog in enabled by having the checkbox checked.

The density of Unity's built-in fog can be controlled in the UniStorm editor. It's called fog density.

Let me know if this helps or if you have anymore questions.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  12. dahrrr

dahrrr

It's work just need to remove comment at line 23 unistorm editor script.

13. x70x

x70x

After updating from 1.5 to 1.6 my fog seems to change suddenly during runtime. Here's what I'm experiencing: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-lNjK9G5vnMVWtQZVdsbU5NakE Any ideas?

14. adriend

adriend

I forgot to say but yes, the demoscene works perfectly fine. I opened it several times to compare with the setup of the scene I have taken a screenshot of.

15. Jason210

Jason210

@BHS

I like the look of this api. Does it use any compiled modules, or is it available as source? I would need to change a few things before I could use it.

Eariler in this thread you were interested in suggestions. How feasible would it be for your company to model the stars accurately?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  16. EvansGreen

EvansGreen

Hey! After 2 weeks of playing with UniStorm and many headaches, I haven't managed to make it behave properly. I sent 2 messages but I didn't get any response, so I'll explain what I'm trying to do here really briefly, and let's see if someone can help with this.

Conceptually, is simple: I want the weather to change according to any sort of event in the scripts of my game. My scripts are in C#. How do I reference the UniStorm java file containing all the information in order to 1.Be able to read what time it is in the engine 2.Be able to change the weather type variable?

I'm sorry if I sound upset, but I think it's a pretty basic thing, and there's no reference to this issue in the documentation. I buyed the whole UniStorm thing to speed up the weather creation process, and it's taking way too many hours just to figure out how to make it work properly. I love the project, and the concept, I just feel like documentation it's a mess and there's no organised tutorials, or doubts, other than a 50+ pages thread that the devs shouldn't expect the buyer to read in search for answers.

17. judah4

judah4

i wrote my own little event script that lets you trigger something during a set time, weather, year, month, etc with a way to trigger stuff in c#. Give me a few day and I might be able to make it so that it can change the weather. if not, ill post a unity package with the event scripts here sometime soon in the next few days.

18. zephren

zephren

this seems to be a very good project in watching the vids, but would need to see it implemented with the following scripts:

CharacterController.js
    Code (csharp):
    1.             public var swimming:boolean = false;
    3.         private var jumpSpeed:float = 8.0;
    4.         private var gravity:float = 20.0;
    5.         private var runSpeed:float = 10.0;
    6.         private var walkSpeed:float = 4.0;
    7.         private var rotateSpeed:float = 250.0;
    8.         private var walkBackSpeed:float = 3.0;
    9.         private var speedforwalk:float = 0.0;
    11.         private var grounded:boolean = false;
    12.         private var moveDirection:Vector3 = Vector3.zero;
    13.         private var isWalking:boolean = false;
    14.         private var moveStatus:String = "idle";
    15.         private var jumping:boolean = false;
    16.         private var moveSpeed:float = 0.0;
    17.         private var mouseSideButton:boolean = false;
    18.         private var pbuffer:float = 0.0;        //Cooldownpuffer for SideButtons
    19.         private var coolDown:float = 0.5;       //Cooldowntime for SideButtons
    21.         function Update ()
    22.         {
    23.            // Only allow movement and jumps while grounded
    24.            if(grounded) {
    26.             moveDirection = new Vector3((Input.GetMouseButton(1) ? Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") : 0),0,Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
    28.             //pushbuffer
    29.             if(pbuffer>0)
    30.                 pbuffer -=Time.deltaTime;
    31.             if(pbuffer<0)pbuffer=0;
    33.             //Sidebuttonmovement
    34.             if(Input.GetAxis("Toggle Move")  pbuffer == 0){
    35.                     pbuffer=coolDown;
    36.                     mouseSideButton = !mouseSideButton;
    37.             }
    38.             //L+R MouseButton Movement
    39.              if (Input.GetMouseButton(0)  Input.GetMouseButton(1) || mouseSideButton)
    40.                 moveDirection.z += 1;
    41.              if(Input.GetAxis("Strafing") != 0)
    42.                 moveDirection.x -= Input.GetAxis("Strafing");
    44.               // if moving forward and to the side at the same time, compensate for distance
    45.               // TODO: may be better way to do this?
    46.               if(Input.GetMouseButton(1)  Input.GetAxis("Horizontal")  Input.GetAxis("Vertical")) {
    47.                  moveDirection *= .7;
    48.               }
    50.               moveDirection = transform.TransformDirection(moveDirection);
    52.             //Slow down back and sidemovements
    53.             speedforwalk = ((Input.GetAxis("Vertical") < 0) || (Input.GetMouseButton(1)  Input.GetAxis("Horizontal"))) ? walkBackSpeed : walkSpeed;
    55.               moveDirection *= isWalking ? speedforwalk : runSpeed;
    57.               moveDirection*= swimming ? 0.7 : 1;
    59.               moveStatus = "idle";
    60.               if(moveDirection != Vector3.zero)
    61.                  moveStatus = isWalking ? "walking" : "running";
    63.               // Jump!
    64.               if(Input.GetButton("Jump"))
    65.                  moveDirection.y = jumpSpeed;
    66.            }
    68.            // Allow turning at anytime. Keep the character facing in the same direction as the Camera if the right mouse button is down.
    69.            if(Input.GetMouseButton(1)) {
    70.               transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0,Camera.main.transform.eulerAngles.y,0);
    71.            } else {
    72.               transform.Rotate(0,Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") * rotateSpeed * Time.deltaTime, 0);
    73.            }
    75.            // Hold "Run" to run
    76.            isWalking = Input.GetAxis("Run") ? false : true;
    78.            //Apply gravity
    79.            moveDirection.y -= gravity * Time.deltaTime;
    81.            //Move controller
    82.            var controller:CharacterController = GetComponent(CharacterController);
    83.            var flags = controller.Move(moveDirection * Time.deltaTime);
    84.            grounded = (flags  CollisionFlags.Below) != 0;
    85.         }
    and CameraController.cs

Code (csharp):
    1.     using UnityEngine;
    2.     using System.Collections;
    4.     public class CameraController : MonoBehaviour {  
    5.         public GameObject target;                           // Target to follow
    6.         public float targetHeight = 1.7f;                         // Vertical offset adjustment
    7.         public float distance = 12.0f;                            // Default Distance
    8.         public float offsetFromWall = 0.1f;                       // Bring camera away from any colliding objects
    9.         public float maxDistance = 20f;                       // Maximum zoom Distance
    10.         public float minDistance = 0.6f;                      // Minimum zoom Distance
    11.         public float xSpeed = 200.0f;                             // Orbit speed (Left/Right)
    12.         public float ySpeed = 200.0f;                             // Orbit speed (Up/Down)
    13.         public float yMinLimit = -80f;                            // Looking up limit
    14.         public float yMaxLimit = 80f;                             // Looking down limit
    15.         public float zoomRate = 40f;                          // Zoom Speed
    16.         public float rotationDampening = 3.0f;                // Auto Rotation speed (higher = faster)
    17.         public float zoomDampening = 5.0f;                    // Auto Zoom speed (Higher = faster)
    18.         public LayerMask collisionLayers = -1;     // What the camera will collide with
    19.         public bool lockToRearOfTarget = false;             // Lock camera to rear of target
    20.         public bool allowMouseInputX = true;                // Allow player to control camera angle on the X axis (Left/Right)
    21.         public bool allowMouseInputY = true;                // Allow player to control camera angle on the Y axis (Up/Down)
    23.         private float xDeg = 0.0f;
    24.         private float yDeg = 0.0f;
    25.         private float currentDistance;
    26.         private float desiredDistance;
    27.         private float correctedDistance;
    28.         private bool rotateBehind = false;
    29.         private bool mouseSideButton = false;  
    30.         private float pbuffer = 0.0f;       //Cooldownpuffer for SideButtons
    31.         private float coolDown = 0.5f;      //Cooldowntime for SideButtons
    33.         void Start ()
    34.         {      
    35.             Vector3 angles = transform.eulerAngles;
    36.             xDeg = angles.x;
    37.             yDeg = angles.y;
    38.             currentDistance = distance;
    39.             desiredDistance = distance;
    40.             correctedDistance = distance;
    42.             // Make the rigid body not change rotation
    43.             if (rigidbody)
    44.                 rigidbody.freezeRotation = true;
    46.             if (lockToRearOfTarget)
    47.                 rotateBehind = true;
    48.          }
    49.         void Update(){
    50.             if (target == null){
    51.                 target = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player") as GameObject;
    52.                 Debug.Log("Looking for Player");
    53.             }
    55.         }
    57.         //Only Move camera after everything else has been updated
    58.         void LateUpdate ()
    59.         {
    60.             // Don't do anything if target is not defined
    61.             if (target == null)
    62.                 return;
    63.                 //pushbuffer
    64.             if(pbuffer>0)
    65.                 pbuffer -=Time.deltaTime;
    66.             if(pbuffer<0)pbuffer=0;
    68.             //Sidebuttonmovement
    69.             if((Input.GetAxis("Toggle Move")!=0)  (pbuffer == 0)){
    70.                     pbuffer=coolDown;
    71.                     mouseSideButton = !mouseSideButton;
    72.             }
    74.             Vector3 vTargetOffset;
    76.             // If either mouse buttons are down, let the mouse govern camera position
    77.             if (GUIUtility.hotControl == 0)
    78.             {
    79.                 if (Input.GetMouseButton(0) || Input.GetMouseButton(1))
    80.                 {
    81.                     //Check to see if mouse input is allowed on the axis
    82.                     if (allowMouseInputX)
    83.                         xDeg += Input.GetAxis ("Mouse X") * xSpeed * 0.02f;
    84.                     else
    85.                         RotateBehindTarget();
    86.                     if (allowMouseInputY)
    87.                         yDeg -= Input.GetAxis ("Mouse Y") * ySpeed * 0.02f;
    89.                     //Interrupt rotating behind if mouse wants to control rotation
    90.                     if (!lockToRearOfTarget)
    91.                         rotateBehind = false;
    92.                 }
    94.                 // otherwise, ease behind the target if any of the directional keys are pressed
    95.                 else if (Input.GetAxis("Vertical") != 0 || Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") != 0 || rotateBehind || mouseSideButton)
    96.                 {
    97.                     RotateBehindTarget();
    98.                 }
    99.             }
    100.             yDeg = ClampAngle (yDeg, yMinLimit, yMaxLimit);
    102.             // Set camera rotation
    103.             Quaternion rotation = Quaternion.Euler (yDeg, xDeg, 0);
    105.             // Calculate the desired distance
    106.             desiredDistance -= Input.GetAxis ("Mouse ScrollWheel") * Time.deltaTime * zoomRate * Mathf.Abs (desiredDistance);
    107.             desiredDistance = Mathf.Clamp (desiredDistance, minDistance, maxDistance);
    108.             correctedDistance = desiredDistance;
    110.             // Calculate desired camera position
    111.             vTargetOffset = new Vector3 (0, -targetHeight, 0);
    112.             Vector3 position = target.transform.position - (rotation * Vector3.forward * desiredDistance + vTargetOffset);
    114.             // Check for collision using the true target's desired registration point as set by user using height
    115.             RaycastHit collisionHit;
    116.             Vector3 trueTargetPosition = new Vector3 (target.transform.position.x, target.transform.position.y + targetHeight, target.transform.position.z);
    118.             // If there was a collision, correct the camera position and calculate the corrected distance
    119.             var isCorrected = false;
    120.             if (Physics.Linecast (trueTargetPosition, position, out collisionHit, collisionLayers))
    121.             {
    122.                 // Calculate the distance from the original estimated position to the collision location,
    123.                 // subtracting out a safety "offset" distance from the object we hit.  The offset will help
    124.                 // keep the camera from being right on top of the surface we hit, which usually shows up as
    125.                 // the surface geometry getting partially clipped by the camera's front clipping plane.
    126.                 correctedDistance = Vector3.Distance (trueTargetPosition, collisionHit.point) - offsetFromWall;
    127.                 isCorrected = true;
    128.             }
    130.             // For smoothing, lerp distance only if either distance wasn't corrected, or correctedDistance is more than currentDistance
    131.             currentDistance = !isCorrected || correctedDistance > currentDistance ? Mathf.Lerp (currentDistance, correctedDistance, Time.deltaTime * zoomDampening) : correctedDistance;
    133.             // Keep within limits
    134.             currentDistance = Mathf.Clamp (currentDistance, minDistance, maxDistance);
    136.             // Recalculate position based on the new currentDistance
    137.             position = target.transform.position - (rotation * Vector3.forward * currentDistance + vTargetOffset);
    139.             //Finally Set rotation and position of camera
    140.             transform.rotation = rotation;
    141.             transform.position = position;
    142.         }
    144.         private void RotateBehindTarget()
    145.         {
    146.             float targetRotationAngle = target.transform.eulerAngles.y;
    147.             float currentRotationAngle = transform.eulerAngles.y;
    148.             xDeg = Mathf.LerpAngle (currentRotationAngle, targetRotationAngle, rotationDampening * Time.deltaTime);
    150.             // Stop rotating behind if not completed
    151.             if (targetRotationAngle == currentRotationAngle)
    152.             {
    153.                 if (!lockToRearOfTarget)
    154.                     rotateBehind = false;
    155.             }
    156.             else
    157.                 rotateBehind = true;
    159.         }
    162.          private float ClampAngle (float angle, float min, float max)
    163.         {
    164.            if (angle < -360f)
    165.               angle += 360f;
    166.            if (angle > 360f)
    167.               angle -= 360f;
    168.            return Mathf.Clamp (angle, min, max);
    169.         }
    171.     }
    if i can get this i will buy it today.

the camera code comes from: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/16949-WOW-Camera-Movement/page12

19. judah4

judah4

why not add it yourself? The movement code is the standard first person controller... very easy to replace.

20. BHS

BHS

Upgrade to UniStorm 1.6.2

That's weird. It's something within your scene that's causing the problem. Did you change anything at all, even the slightest than to that of the demo scene?

Yes you are able to tweak the system.

We have thought about adding accurate stars but this is still isn't a feature. It could come in a future update.

I'm pretty sure we have replied to all your messages/replies sorry if we missed any.

Yes, the software we used to make the documentation was horrible. It took 5x longer to make the documentation than it should have. We have got knew software that makes it MUCH easier to make very detailed and structured pdf file documentation with an index system each with links to the exact spot of reference. The documentation will be very improved as of 1.6.3.

The reason some things were left out is because we didn't know some of the capabilities and possibilities that UniStorm had. The documentation is a little outdated, it will be updated with all the new features.

If you want to know how to access C# from JS you can look at our example in the UniStorm code where we reference CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow.

js.
    Code (csharp):
    1. IfReferencingToAnObjectPutHere.GetComponent(Script  NameHere).VarYouWantToAccessHere;
    3. //Example how to access C# from JS, JumpScript being a C# in the Editor folder
    4. GetComponent(JumpScript).JumpAmount = 10;
    You have to put your C# script in a folder called Editor if you want to access it from JS. This is why we had to have the snow system in the Editor folder, I don't believe there is a way around it.

This is covered in the documentation, you simply transfer the components over from the demo player in the demo. It takes a couple minutes. It doesn't matter if it's 3rd person or first person.

21. adriend

adriend

no, I created a terrain and dragged dropped UniStorm. I also get the same problem when creating a new scene. I sent you a PM.

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

is there any timetable for unistorm 1.6.3 and a proper documentation?

cheers michael

23. TerrainCreator

TerrainCreator

Is UniStorm capable with Unity 4?

24. dell

dell

Yes it works fine. Pay attention to the documentation, this forum thread and your Standard Assets folder. I found it easier to convert the demo to my project then to convert my project the other way. ;) But it will work either way. Great product BTW

25. EvansGreen

EvansGreen

Hey! thanks for the answer. Managed to reference everything properly, but I still have a major issue that prevents me from working.

When I add the UniStorm prefab to a terrain I designed, it completely changes the textures, even if I remove the snow shaders, and remove every single assets that comes with UniStorm, my terrain textures are rendered in horrid colours, and weird effects. I haven't found a way to revert those changes and recover my original terrain...

How can I make the terrain I look regular again? If you need pictures or anything I can upload them.

I'd love to get an answer to that cause so far it's preventing everyone of working with UniStorm, cause we fear that every project that we try to implement it on, gets its rendering completely altered :S.

If it has to do with snow, is there a way to get a version of UniStorm that doesn't have all the snow issues? Cause I feel like most of the problems I'm having are related to overwritten shaders and alterations related to the whole "snow accumulation" process... I may be wrong though...

Thanks in advance.

26. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

Hi adriend, I was reading your posts and am interested how things turned out for you with the over-lighting issue.
    I have the same issue
    I have experimented on several scenes and also used various computers with various graphic boards (Nvidia and ATI).
    I have the same issue I am using Unity4 PRO.

Also, BHS, when rewriting your documentation can you please include a step by step setup of Unistorm, from scratch, with a custom terrain. (not the demo scene)??? Beginning with the import of Unistorm into an existing custom scene that only consists of a basic Unity terrain.

thanks.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  27. Ereous

Ereous

So I've had UniStorm since like version 1.4, If I remember correctly. I haven't used it for some time because of my new job. But I saw the new Snow and I really wanted to try it out.

I loaded up the newest version and the demo scene when it snows doesn't seem to affect the terrain as many others have shown.

Here is a video of it and my problem:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  28. RoyS

RoyS

I would really like to see the snow shader work with UniStorm. (I'm getting the error message mentioned farther up - Compiler Errors "Assets/Standard Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStormWeatherSystem.js(3405,63): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow'.")

29. Samsson

Samsson

Same for me !

30. judah4

judah4

Make sure you have the actual script "CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow" in a folder called Plugins. This way the js file can access the cs one.

31. dell

dell

@ EvansGreen and DesertRaven

Guys... Go to Sun-Moon in your project and set the light to Zero.... then you will have no "over lighting" issues. I think that although that is set higher for use in the Game Editor view it affects the Game View and then you get that harsh sunlight...

Regarding the "Textures" overwriting your Terrain... If the ground looks all bumpy what you need to do is delete the snow terrain asset and disable the snow terrain script. Both of these solutions are referenced earlier in this forum thread. It works... Try it... Good Luck!

If you follow the docs and pay attention to placement of the UniStorm pre-fab, camera and player together with game objects attached to the camera/player and carefully follow all the steps you can get almost all the way there. Follow the tweaks above after this.. and then bamo it works...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User

CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow i don't have this script at all after downloading UniStorm.

33. RoyS

RoyS

I had the same error message.

You have to go to the asset store and download "ats Snow Suite" as this script is missing from UniStorm. "ats Snow Suite" is free. When you get the folder, to find the script go to:
    ats Snow Suite --> Assets --> 0000terrain snow package --> scripts --> CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow.cs

When you get the script, place it in your Assets --> Plugins folder.

This fixed my error messages.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  34. Ereous

Ereous

Mine is already in that folder. I still don't get the snow affecting the textures.

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes it indeed work but now from out of nowhere i have a new error towards my CameraMotionBlur script.

Assets/Standard Assets/Image Effects (Pro Only)/CameraMotionBlur.js(102,20): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'supportDX11'.

When i delete UniStorm Error disappears, i am sorry for all the problem but i really don't know why this error appears when i add UniStorm.

36. BHS

BHS

QUOTE=Ereous;1114621]Mine is already in that folder. I still don't get the snow affecting the textures.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why the snow shader isn't there. If you look at the contents of UniStorm in the Asset Store you can see the snow shader script is there I'm the editor folder. We will find out why some of you are having this problem and fix it. Sorry for any inconveniences.

That sounds like it might be a thing with Unity 4 but we did a test and didn't find any issues with unity 4. I'm thinking it's an import issue. We will find out what's causing them and fix it. No, we're sorry for the problems we will get right on finding a fix for the people who are having the issues.

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have this error only when i implement Image Effect Pro Only.

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

In my case, Image Effects Pro also caused errors + problems with unistorm

39. BHS

BHS

I think this is due to an import error. What I recommend doing is deleting the UniStorm image effects folder and reimport them using Assets>Import>Image Effects (Pro). This should fix your problem. Let me know if it works.

40. EvansGreen

EvansGreen

Thanks for the help, but I've been there, and done that. Those problems you described are already solved, I'm talking about a much worse one, a complete replacement of the terrain base texture colours that overrode any terrain that I create on any project now. I've been stuck with this for two weeks now, and can't work on any terrain design because of it.

I'll post some pictures so everybody can see what I'm talking about, and maybe reach a possible solution.

The terrain as it was before adding UniStorm:

The terrain now:

I really hope someone gives me an answer, cause all my projects are messed up now, and it ocurred at the very moment I dragged the UniStorm prefab into my scene... :S.

Just so you know, these samples are made without UniStorm even imported, but the problem started ocurring after I imported UniStorm and dragged the prefab in another project. I haven't used any other new assets, or wrote any terrain related scripts. And this is not the typical bumpy terrain thing. Terrain's not bumpy. It's just awfully coloured.

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

I dose repair the error message but now when i turn on Example scene that is provided in UniStorm i go error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UniStormWeatherSystem.WeatherForecaster () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStormWeatherSystem.js:1901)
    UniStormWeatherSystem.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStormWeatherSystem.js:418)

And colors ( only on the sky ) get really messy.

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

After further study i found that when i turn of Dynamic Snow, everything goes back to normal. So if i have to guess than something is wrong with the snow plug-in that is connected to UniStorm.

43. Ereous

Ereous

Hey, So I'm back again. Getting an odd error with the Coloration..

I threw in the prefab from UniStorm. I slightly remember it working correctly at first. So it might of been some option I changed later. Was hoping if someone could help me pin point the problem.. Its much darker then it should be.

Heres a video of my Scene then the Demo Scene. ( I pause the video between transitions ).

I do foggy, snow and clear in each scene. You can tell in my scene the sky is much darker.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  44. Samsson

Samsson

I can't use lightmapping with the system, even in "static weather" and "time stopped".

45. virror

virror

Any news on a 1.6.3 release?

46. Rukey4

Rukey4

Using 1.6.2, and having this error: "Assets/UniStorm/Scripts/UniStormWeatherSystem.js(2726,63): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow'."

I don't want to use Dynamic snow, so I unchecked trying to disable it in the UniStorm settings to no avail. I can't even use the "ats snow suite" to see if this solves the issue because I'm not with an updated version of unity. I can't upgrade because some old plugins don't function otherwise.

47. RoyS

RoyS

Is there any way to get the snow to play nice with the terrain shaders everyone wants? Maybe turn the regular shaders off when it is supposed to snow and on when it isn't snowing?

48. SevenBits

SevenBits

Yeah, I'm not sure how easy that would be.

49. EvansGreen

EvansGreen

+1

50. BHS

BHS

I'm not sure why you're having that problem but I think it's because of the terrain snow shader. Those splotches in your terrain are due to the bumpmap of the terrain snow not being set properly. If you don't want the terrain snow shader delete the CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow script and check the disable Dynamic Snow in the UniStorm editor.

We are trying to figure of why only some are having issues with the terrain snow shader.

Are you using pro or indie?

Yes, we are working on resolving the plugin issue some are having.

You need to make sure you enable fog in the scene. This is why the clouds are so dark.

Yes, because lightmapping isn't affected by lights or ambient lighting. I'm sure there is a way to control the lightmapped color of the scene. We will find out how and get it implemented in UniStorm.

We are working on getting it released. It was kind of hard during the holidays. Now that they are over it shouldn't be long before the release.

If you don't want dynamic snow then you delete the CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow script and check the disable Dynamic Snow in the UniStorm editor.

At this moment I don't think so. This is because the terrain snow shader hacks the original terrain shader, which is what other terrain shaders do. This is all because Unity blocks access to the terrain making it very difficult to get to it, which is why people have to have hacks that replace the original terrain shader.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013