Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

It looks like you might not have deactivated some of your domes. Double check that at runtime the gradient dome ia still deactivated and the dynamic storm cloud dome's mesh renderer is deactivated.

Double check you did everything here:
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...nity_5)#Deactivate_Some_of_UniStorm.27s_Domes

Also, what version of UniStorm are you using?

2. KarloE

KarloE

I use 1.8

I've done some modifications so updating is a bit of trouble, im not sure if its crucial for me to update in order to make it look alright. :)

http://i.imgur.com/HmBQfO2.png seems like I had to disable this in order to get rid of that orange thing.

3. BHS

BHS

Okay, i thought I saw the horizon system still being used. That is what that white cylinder was.

I would also recommend enabling HDR on your camera if haven't already done so this allows UniStorm to be rendered cleaner.

Were you able to solve your issue?

4. Sphelps

Sphelps

@KarloE hey what trees are thoes they look nice

5. KarloE

KarloE

Hey Destiny, its a combo of couple of payed packs from asset store, some of our custom textures, and so on. :)

So I see all those clouds all the time, seems like they are stuck. And my weather type is clear.

Have no idea what is happening. :)

Sphelps likes this.
  6. KarloE

KarloE

If I update, everything should work, when I go through the tut?

7. BHS

BHS

I would backup your project (make a copy) then try updating the most current version of UniStorm then following the tutorial. Everything should work.

8. Sphelps

Sphelps

One question
    1. When it rains I heard that you system allows for a pooling effect? Example Bucket fills up while raining

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. KarloE

KarloE

Ok cool, thanks I will try and get back to you with the results. :)

10. KarloE

KarloE

Seems to be working! Thanks! :)

11. BHS

BHS

Great to hear.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

12. Eve2015

Eve2015

Hi BHS! Any chance on reply on my post #2542?

13. BHS

BHS

A way that I think could work would be to write a script that stops the particles from going below the Y position of the water. Once the particles have reach the minimum Y position, they would simply stop. Then, once your player surfaces again, your particles would start moving again on the Y position.

14. BHS

BHS

Yes, you would get the weatherForecaster number according to the precipitation list.

http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Code_References#Weather

You would then say, if the weatherForecaster is equal to a rain weather type (for this example we will use 3 which is heavy rain) start pooling effect. If it's clear (in this example we will use 4 which is partly cloudy). This is a basic example but it should give you a general idea of how it's done.

Code (CSharp):
    2. C#
    3. //If raining
    4. if (UniStormWeatherSystemScript.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().weatherForecaster == 3)
    5. {
    6.      poolingAmount += 1;
    7. }
    9. //If partly cloudy
    10. if (UniStormWeatherSystemScript.GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().weatherForecaster == 4)
    11. {
    12.      poolingAmount -= 1;
    13. }

15. Sphelps

Sphelps

Hey thanks :)

16. Baum_Joshua

Baum_Joshua

I'm using Unistorm 1.8.1 I followed the fix for Unity 5 however I Noticed I still have a white sky Unless I turn off the Dynamic Heavy Clouds mesh render. If i turn that off then I will not get any storm clouds when i make a thunderstorm. Anyway to fix this? unistorm1.8.1.jpg stormcloudbase.jpg gradientdome.jpg

***Update*** I fixed this by updating the UniStorm/Dynamic Storm Clouds Shader and Updating the Following Code
    o.Albedo = c1.rgb;

Update with

o.Albedo = IN.alpha * c3.a *c2.a * c1.a * _Color;

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  17. Baum_Joshua

Baum_Joshua

I hope that helps those still getting a white sky with Unity5

18. Xtense

Xtense

Hey BHS,

Do you guys maybe have a planned roadmap of changes w. regards to Unity 5? New shaders, maybe lighting etc. We're currently starting a new project and it would be great to know what features will be available in UniStorm and what we will have to handle ourselves :) .

19. BHS

BHS

Thanks, we will add this to the Wiki.

So far, we have rewrote or shaders to be fully compatible with Unity 5.

UniStorm will now use real-time Global Illumination with its time of day.

UniStorm now uses the new procedural skybox shading. This allows for improved shading and lighting for all times of day.

UniStorm now uses Sun Shafts by default allowing for excellent looking sunsets, sunrises, and sun rays.

Full support for HDR lighting and all image effects.

UniStorm's cloud shaders have been improved adding more depth and realism.

And more.

We also have tons planned for the next few versions. Including a new precipitation mode based on humidity, dynamic snow, dynamic wind, rain on screen effect, and more.

We plan on submitting UniStorm 1.8.3 sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  20. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Hi,

I've just downloaded Unity 5 and imported the late4st version of Unistorm (1.8.2) into an empty project. I have lots of errors.

etc. 22 in total.
    I also have 75 warnings.
    Is there a workflow for importing Unistorm into Unity5?

21. melonhead

melonhead

read back through the last page of this thread, unistorm is not a unity 5 release just yet to get the current version working go to the unistorm wiki page for how to get it working untill the unity 5 full compatible release.

22. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

ty.

23. BHS

BHS

Make sure you allow Unity 5 to auto update the API.

The errors you've posted can be fixed by making sure you have the sun shafts and global fog image effects on your camera. If that didn't work, try reimporting the image effects.

We have done several new imports into Unity 5 and it didn't take more than 5-10 mins to get it working with Unity 5.

Here's the tutorial for Unity 5 and UniStorm:

http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/UniStorm_(Unity_5)#UniStorm_and_Unity_5

sheffieldlad likes this.
  24. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Thanks.

I've been through the steps in the wiki.
    The biggest problem seems to be that I updater won't run.
    It bombs out telling me it's failed and that I should check previous console messages.

The project I was going to convert to Unity5 is huge and there is no way I'm fixing all the errors.
    I fix 1 and 20 more show up so I'm just going to continue with 4.6 for now.

Thanks for taking the time to post :)

25. Baum_Joshua

Baum_Joshua

I did find one other issue I had. This is right at dawn in my scene for whatever reason the sky box doesnt change until the sun it already a good ways in the sky unistorm1.8.1 sunrise.jpg

26. BHS

BHS

That's strange, it should auto update. Have you tried importing it into a new project?

Have you double checked that the gradient sky dome is disabled and is no being rendered? it looks like it might still be enabled.

27. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Yes, I tried in in an empty project as in my 1st post.
    I've since found out that the API updater stops on even the most simple scripts.
    I've heard of others having the same problems with the API updater too.

28. gegebel

gegebel

I had the same problem. I had to do it 2-3 times before it worked.

sheffieldlad likes this.
  29. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

mine just seems to cough and die at the same point.
    I might give it another go but I'm really in no rush.

30. Baum_Joshua

Baum_Joshua

the skydome is disabled this happens when the sunrises and the moon sets it does eventually change but not until the sun is already up

31. Eve2015

Eve2015

Hi! Would there be a fix for this issue for 1.8.3? Thanks

32. Kelkith

Kelkith

I'm having an issue with Unistorm and Unity 5. I've followed the setup instructions completely, and whenever storm clouds appear, the sky turns into some hell-like thing.

33. Baum_Joshua

Baum_Joshua

unistorm1.8.2.jpg
    I'm having a similar issue with mine after upgrading to Unity 1.8.2 and they stars and moon at night during a storm shine through the clouds all black

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  34. EDarkness

EDarkness

Does Unistorm still work with Unity 4.x? I just installed the latest version and I was getting crazy rendering errors with OpenGL. Now my whole project is screwed. Luckily, I have a backup, but it seems as if I can't upgrade to Unistorm 1.8.2.

35. BHS

BHS

The storm cloud shader has been finished, but it was a complete rewrite. So, we can't post it to the wiki. However, if you, or anyone else, can send us a pm with their invoice number, we will gladly send you the updated shader. We've submitted UniStorm 1.8.3 for Unity 5 today.

We've never heard of that issue before. UniStorm should work perfectly fine with Unity 4+ we have tested it with all versions.

I would try reimporting UniStorm. It could he due to an odd import issue.

what are the exact errors you are seeing?

36. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 1.8.3 has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

This update allows UniStorm to be fully compatible with Unity 5 as well as utilizing its new features. UniStorm now uses the prodecural skybox.

Image effects, such as global fog and sun shafts, will now work with Unity free (personal) Meaning these are no longer pro only features.

We plan on starting our beta test for dynamic snow, dynamic rain, and rain on screen effect soon. Those of you who have requested to be apart of the beat test, you will be contacted within the next couple of days via email with the beat features you requested. Once we are finished with our beta test, and if all goes correctly, we can add the beta features as permanent features.

37. sqallpl

sqallpl

Can you tell us more about your plans and approach on dynamic rain? How would it affect the environment, terrain, meshes?

38. webik150

webik150

This is something I would like to know too.

Specifically: Will you offer Detail (grass) textures changes by season/weather? You know, so we can make a snowy grass texture.

39. Stranger-Danger

Stranger-Danger

Oh this is good news to hear. :) I too want to know what Unistorm brings to the table with dynamic rain. If it could add wetness shaders, puddle build up and ripples. Nothing like looking at puddles or rain drizzling down models. :)

40. md-ford

md-ford

Im guessing this is something I have done wrong, as I had similar issues a while ago. But the box to the left is the solar flare, sun shafts are around the middle box somewhere and the actual sun is too the right! Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it.
    Thanks.

41. Sphelps

Sphelps

I would say wait for 1.8.3 to come out they just submitted it yesterday!

42. Baum_Joshua

Baum_Joshua

in the new sky box you created did you set the "Sun Size" attribute to 0?

43. md-ford

md-ford

@Baum_Joshua Thanks not directly the problem, but it did lead me to find it. For some reason the skybox had defaulted back to one in the big envoronment pack, after changing that and setting sunshafts to sunGlare and not sun. all is in order again.
    Thanks

44. Sphelps

Sphelps

I wish they would hurry up and accept it already I want to play in 1.8.3

45. BHS

BHS

Seasonal changes are planned.

This is fixed with 1.8.3.

UniStorm will now use the new Skybox sun and its position has been corrected. The sunshafts are also positioned to the skybox sun.

46. Sphelps

Sphelps

Is there a way I can have Unistorm 1.8.3 sent to me? Sick of waiting for slow asset store!!

47. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

Wow still waiting for 1.8.3., 7 days ago??/ Has anyone, besides me, tried to put UniStorm into the Viking Village scene?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  48. BHS

BHS

There seemed to be an issue/error with the submission for 1.8.3 so we had to resubmit yesterday. It takes about 5 business days to be accepted. This doesn't include weekends. Also, sometimes the acceptance process takes longer.

If you want the updated shaders, which is the main part of the update, you can send us a PM or email us at BlackHorizonStudios@juno.com with your invoice number. We will then be able to send you all the updated shaders.

Our apologies for any inconveniences.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  49. Sphelps

Sphelps

Emailed

50. BHS

BHS

We sent you the updated shaders via email.

Sphelps likes this.