Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tHe_sTrYnG

tHe_sTrYnG

Ok just got it working with atsSnowSuite which is free and delivers the CustomTerrainScriptAtsV3Snow. Thanks anyway, still hope to see this one implemented by default in 1.7, would be great to have this out of the box functionality.
    Awesomeness is an understatement for the day / night / weather lifecycle . Thanks so much you guys for making this package.

2. fredr92

fredr92

After Reading true the unity term and agreement, i cant find anything that says that People can not buy Your asset or any other asset and make a Complete game, and sell the game for real Money. If im missunderstanding anything, please correct me ;)

3. nomax5

nomax5

This thread is 85 pages and I was thinking it might be nice to start a new thread when 1.7 comes out?

Just a thought because some of the posts in this one relate to earlier version and may not be relevant to 1.7

4. XilenceX

XilenceX

Yeah I got lost in this thread a few times, so definitely make a new one for the next version. heh
    I think the 1.7 version should have been released a looooong time ago, just with the initially annoounced features for it. So I welcome the decision to split it up in a 1.7 and 1.75 version.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

+1

6. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Is there any method to avoid SunShafts and GlobalFog namespace missing error?
    I cannot run even exaple scene because this errors.
    Inspector gives me info that all compile errors have to be fixed.
    I'm using UniStorm C# version.

7. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

Namespace missing? Have you tried this?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  8. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Twice...

I've managed it to work. Have multiple Image Effects dirs.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  9. GLucasDev2

GLucasDev2

Have the project implemented.

Some reason getting extreme lag with only 2 lay of clouds.

Any reason maybe?

10. Imillionaire

Imillionaire

I've been following this asset for some time now and I think i'll be purchasing this once version 1.7 comes out. and maybe a sale. from what I've seen it's very promising. (I've only been able to test with version 1.6.2)

11. juangauthier

juangauthier

How about 1.7? When will it be released?

12. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

If I buy the current version of UniStorm what happens when 1.7 comes out?
    Do I need to buy that too or is there some sort of upgrade mechanism?

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Your image and your quotation fit together nicely ;)

14. smallsketch

smallsketch

Hi,

Great plugin! I love the dynamic weather system in UniStorm. I'm trying to start a weather event at a specific time (when player crosses trigger box). More specifically, I would like to transition into a dense fog or light rain from clear sunny. It seems that when I select a weather type from the drop down, it sometimes takes a while before the weather kicks in. What would be the best way (or any way) of creating more of an immediate effect? i.e. start raining or start getting foggy when I run this function or press this button? Thanks.

15. EthanC

EthanC

I'm having an issue where, during any weather event such as rain or snow, you get this weird graphical error where the weather dome appears in front of and LOD or billboards. It's most noticeable here with these trees. How do you fix this?
    $weathererror.jpg

16. EDarkness

EDarkness

Not sure if the creators of this asset are still around, but I have a pretty serious problem.

I'm using Unistorm C# and for some reason I can't set the time. Sure, I can change the time of day, but I can't set the time to a specific point...such as 7:45pm or 3:17am. Every time I try to change it, the system puts it back to where it was before, even if I try to change it via code.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this?

17. smallsketch

smallsketch

EDarkness,

I've also noticed that I cannot change the time to a specific point in real-time. Is that field supposed to change the time of day (sun color and intensity) or does it also modify the other weather effects? Is it supposed to be set in real-time or is it more of a starting time?

I'm very curious to find how to immediately change the weather in real-time.

18. EDarkness

EDarkness

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point I stopped being able to adjust things in real time. Not sure what happened, but the slider that used to be at the top is now gone and doesn't work anymore. Supposedly we are supposed to be able to adjust time to whenever we want, but that doesn't seem to work. I hope this gets fixed, because my game is dependent on when things happen and when a player saves the game, the state should be saved and put back exactly the way it was when he/she last saved. Right now that isn't possible, because it's only possible to set the basic time of day (morning, day, evening, and night).

The creators of this software used to be more involved in this thread, but they haven't been in recent months. So we're pretty much left to answer our own questions. Heh, heh.

19. juangauthier

juangauthier

Unfortunately you seem to be right EDakness!
    Havent heard anything about further development...me and our devteam was planning on buying this asset but if its no longer supported or it would take 2-3 months to get some replies or support then this is not for us... :-(

20. BHS

BHS

You'd have to adjust some of the numbers that transitions the weather types. We have it transition slow because that's what people asked for, but if people want it to transition faster we can add that to 1.7.

For some reason it looks like the rendering position is off. We can send you an updated shader that will render behind the trees' billboard in your situation. Have you altered any shaders yourself?

We will look into this feature and try to add it for 1.7.

We are very much involved with UniStorm still. We just have a couple other projects that we're working on in addition to UniStorm. We're done with these other projects which will now allow us to give all of our time to UniStorm. Since we're releasing it into 2 parts it should be available rather quickly.

It is fully supported and we try to reply to forum posts as often as we can. We are way less busy now that we have finished with our other projects. UniStorm will now get 100% of our time and customer service. We apologize for inconvenience and will release UniStorm 1.7 asap.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  21. EDarkness

EDarkness

Good to see you guys are back in business. Was getting quiet around here.

Still, if you could fix this time thing, that would be great. My game is an RPG and saving the time of day is an important detail.

22. HelixU4

HelixU4

I have a issue I can't figure out.

Tried with both existing project and a new empty project. The skybox will not render, and during sunset the skybox show's up but all messy.
    Tho it will render fine in a project without UniStorm.

$yaho1.png

$yaho2.png

23. BHS

BHS

Very strange, we've never seen this issue before with any of our customers.

Are you using this on your desktop? If so, are you using windows or apple?

Have you altered any of the skybox textures or materials? They are perfectly similar so you shouldn't be having seam issues.

What version of Unity and UniStorm are using?

Are you using any other plugins?

Answering these questions will help us better address your issue.

24. HelixU4

HelixU4

I'm on desktop with Windows.

No, what you see is a fresh empty project with terrain, water and the UniStorm

Using Unity 4.3.3 and UniStorm 1.6.4

No other plugin.

25. TomEnokR

TomEnokR

So I'm thinking about purchasing this asset, but I'm rather disturbed at the lack of focus and support by the developers.

Can anyone on this forum give their two-cents? Is it worth the money? Is it too buggy to use?

I sent an email a week ago to the developer, and, not surprisingly, they've not responded to that either. Nothing bothers me more than developers who in their OWN documentation Tout a PROMISE to provide support, then don't. Then promise a release date, and then let it go by with no explanation. I'm a former project manager, and it bothers me when a company can't manage expectations.

So, please give your two-cents. Is this asset, in your experience (and frustration) worth the money, considering the developers lack of support?

This will help me decide if I should purchase. Thanks!

26. Justei

Justei

In all honesty, the asset is not that bad.
    But we are considering not using it because of the bad optimization and lots of bugs in the current version (we are trying to make it work networked, and if you want it to work decently you need to do a LOT of fixing).

Because of these reasons, and the lack of a release of version 1.7 (which we have been waiting for/expecting for about 4 or 5 months). We are considering leaving Unistorm behind, and making our own system.

If you are aiming for a serious project, I would advice you to NOT buy the asset, until these problems have been solved.

27. BHS

BHS

I would try to reimport the system and see if that fixes the problem. If not, let us know.

I remember your email but I thought we answered your question here, my apologies.

We've never abandoned UniStorm or our products. We took a side project making a couple apps that took a lot more time than we expected. Our time was limited at that time so we couldn't provide perfect support like we did in the past. Luckily, we are done with these side projects and will be able to fully support our systems and provide excellent customer like we did in the past. We are currently working on UniStorm 1.7 as I'm typing this.

We're excited to release 1.7 and we agree it has been long overdue. We won't take this long to release updates from now on.

The problems are being addressed with 1.7 and the system will be flawless.

Please if you, or anyone else, has any bugs please post them here so we can make sure they are fixed with UniStorm 1.7.

Our strong customer support and willingness to listen to our customers requests and suggestions is what help make UniStorm such a good system. We will continue to do this to make UniStorm the best it can be.

What can help speed up the process is posting any bugs that need to be addressed here so we can fix them with 1.7. Now that we have no other projects that we're working on all our time is devoted to UniStorm and our customer support.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  28. Aevatar

Aevatar

I may have overlooked something in the description.. But if I were to purchase this asset, are updates included in the price? Or will I need to subscribe/repurchase with each update I need?

29. BHS

BHS

All updates are free and will always be free. Once you buy UniStorm updates are always free.

30. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

I had that problem when I first imported to a project. I fixed it by repositioning the unistorm objects in 3D space

31. BHS

BHS

That's strange because that's a skybox issue and the skybox is static regards of its position. Good to hear that you found a fix though.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  32. HelixU4

HelixU4

I found a workaround: Build my project in the sample scene and save as whatever and use that scene.

33. BDA001

BDA001

How would I access time of day to use it in my own script for something unrelated to weather? I have a script that should be able to play different ambient sounds according to time of day, but I don't know how to access the time. I could probably spend a stressful week looking through the UniStorm scripts, but I need to get this working as soon as possible so I'm sure it would be faster if I ask wait for a response. Hey, even if it takes just as long asking here, it will still save me some stress give me time to work on other aspects of the game. ;)

34. BHS

BHS

Good to see you got it working.

Sure I'll post an example:

Code (csharp):
    1. var uniStormSystem : GameObject;
    4. if (uniStormSystem.GetComponent(UniStormWeatherSystemJS).hour >= 16)
    5. {
    7.      //Do whatever you want here, if the hour is greater or equal to 16 or 4:00 pm
    8. }

35. BHS

BHS

We're putting the finishing touches on UniStorm 1.7. We also have some exciting new features.

We have added gradient colored skies and "atmospheric scattering" for Unity Free users. Customers using Unity free should now be able to get similar results to that of pro users without the cost of expensive image effects. The gradient colored skies allow you to choose multiple colors from the horizon to mid-horizon via the UniStorm Editor. This allows form much more realistic skies and shading. The color of the sky also affects the clouds giving even more realistic results. The sky gradually gets darker the further you are away from the sunset/sunset. This new feature can be disabled if desired.

These screenshots were all taken using Unity Free and UniStorm 1.7:

$Sunset_Atmospheric_Scattering_Unity_Free_1.png $Sunset_Atmospheric_Scattering_Unity_Free_2.png $Sunset_Atmospheric_Scattering_Unity_Free_3.png $Sunset_Atmospheric_Scattering_Unity_Free_$.png $Sunset_Atmospheric_Scattering_Unity_Free_4.png

36. Justei

Justei

Finally! I can't wait for the 1.7 update!
    It's going to be very exciting to see how it improves over the last version. When do you estimate that it will be available in the asset store for download/update?

37. BHS

BHS

Good to hear you're looking forward to the update.

I'd say no more then 2 weeks.

38. virror

virror

I think its the third time or so you said this now : p
    But looking good : )

39. BHS

BHS

Thanks, it'll be ready this time.

@Everyone Also, please post any issues that you have here so we can make sure they're taken care of with the update. This way everything is addressed and properly added to the 1.7 update list.

40. EDarkness

EDarkness

I have a question about 1.7. How drastically is it going to change the way UniStorm functions? How much rewriting are we going to have to do? How much adjusting our scene are we going to have to do?

41. BHS

BHS

We haven't changed any variable names so your scripts should work fine.

42. DesertRaven

DesertRaven

Nice images, just hope to get a really blue sky with this release.

43. Deleted User

Deleted User

+1!!

44. My Name Is [...]

My Name Is [...]

Can I change the sunrise and sunset hour? Because my game has a lot of maps in different place around the world so the sunset and sunrise hour must be different

45. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I was wondering something similar.. Are we able to set up scripts to make days and nights longer or shorter for certain maps? For example an arctic region my have a longer daylight or longer darkness dependent on season. Is this possible to script with Unistorm?

46. virror

virror

You should tilt the sun then, thats how it works irl, should be easy enough.

47. unity_sg

unity_sg

Hi, I'm using the last version of Unistorm (1.6).
    I've noticed that there is no transition when I change weather per example from clear 1 to partly cloud 1.
    How is it possible to have some kind of nice smooth transition (like between clear 1 to cloudy) ?

48. Draxy

Draxy

If I wanted to start my Scene with the Unistorm Thunderstorm in Full Swing (pre-warmed) with the fog distance correct and the rain pouring down, is there a way to do this?
    If I start the scene with Thunderstorm on, it currently Transitions from not in a storm first, so there is a slow build up.
    Any ideas how I set this to start with no build up, just straight into that max setting storm?

49. scarrow15

scarrow15

Been trying to get this asset to work the unity bootcamp demo but cant seem to get around the pro asset errors. Here is the list of compiler errors that kick off just by adding Unistorm to the project:

Assets/Standard Assets/Editor/Image Effects/BloomAndFlaresEditor.js(4,16): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'BloomAndFlares'.

Assets/Standard Assets/Editor/Image Effects/BloomAndFlaresEditor.js(4,2): BCE0024: The type 'UnityEditor.CustomEditor' does not have a visible constructor that matches the argument list '(error)'.

Assets/Standard Assets/Editor/Image Effects/DepthOfFieldEditor.js(4,16): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'DepthOfField'.

Assets/Scripts/soldier/SoldierCamera.js(89,39): BCE0018: The name 'DepthOfField' does not denote a valid type ('not found'). Did you mean 'DepthOfField34'?

alot of the depth of field errors of course. I dont know why the asset would even effect the bootcamp demo since I havnt actually done anything to the project besides put in Unistorm, and they are persistant even after removing the Unistorm folder. I don't know if putting the folder in kicks off the compiler and finds the errors that it skips on initial install of the bootcamp demo or if one of the scripts within Unistorm is trying to use the same variable of the bootcamp to cause this. Any help would be appreciated. I get these errors as well on my own project which is why I am asking.

50. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

You have multiple image effects (pro) folders in your project. Delete those folders. Now reimport image effects (pro) assets