Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

Hey there.

What version of UniStorm are you using? When I do the same, everything is working as expected. Please check the following:

1) Ensure that your camera's Background Type is set to Skybox:
    BackgroundType.png

2) That you also have a player object in addition to the camera.

3) That you have the proper tags setup through the UniStorm Camera & Player tab, if you are getting these components by tag and not assigning them manually.
    Camera&PlayerSettings.png

2. BHS

BHS

Not yet. HDRP has far too many limitations and would require the cloud shader to be rewritten. However, I'm looking into what can be done to add HDRP support.

3. drykovanov

drykovanov

4. BHS

BHS

Hey there, I just tested Crest Ocean with UniStorm. Every looks good and seems to work fine:
    UniStormCrest.png

ftejada likes this.
  5. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good afternoon. Stumbled upon this video.
    How can I get this script ??

6. drykovanov

drykovanov

Thank you! I'll try it myself soon.
    Have you tried it with free or LWRP version of Crest?

7. BHS

BHS

I just tried it with the GitHub version you linked.

Is your camera's Clear Flags set to Skybox? Also, are you receiving any errors?

8. drykovanov

drykovanov

Thank you, setting Clear Flags fixed the problem. All works as expected!

Attached Files:

9. BHS

BHS

I'll have to look for it. It's been awhile since I made that.

10. BHS

BHS

Awesome, and you're welcome!

11. nu51313932

nu51313932

How to remove this skyline. I have no idea about.

12. franky_li

franky_li

I have a problem with LuxWater after update to US 4. There no changes in project except the US update.
    With US 3:
    UniStorm3.jpg
    With US 4 the skyline is visible:
    UniStorm4.jpg
    Any suggestions what could cause this?

13. wood333

wood333

I am unable to have anything close to realistic ambient lighting in my scene. The sky and the water look great, but the sides and interiors of my buildings are nearly black in the middle of the day. here is the effect of Unistorm scene lighting (what I get during play and with the editor scene lighting button turned on) versus Unity editor lighting.

Editor Lighting

Unity Lit.PNG

Scene Lighting with Unistorm

scene lit.PNG

Please provide specific direction on what to adjust and importantly, how to adjust it. I have been through the documents and forum and find only bits and pieces of information, with little "how to" direction. I have tried adjusting the new ambient setting curve, an see no difference. During play the sides of buildings are black, and during the onset of night, the screen is totally black.

14. BHS

BHS

It's the bottom portion of the skybox. Typically, players can't see the end of the terrain, but I can certainly work on improving the blending between the horizon and the ground of the skybox.

15. BHS

BHS

I'm not exactly sure what's causing this, but I'll try to see if I can find a solution. A temporary/alternative fix could be to just disable the UniStorm Volumetric Clouds gameobject when the player goes under the water then re-enable it when the player surfaces.

16. BHS

BHS

When this happens, it's typically because the Environment Lighting Source is set to Skybox. When using the Skybox setting, none of the colors for ambient lighting are used and instead are all based off of the Skybox, which makes the ambient lightning look nearly black as in your screenshot.

SkyboxLightingSource.png

Selecting the Gradient option allows the colors from UniStorm to be controlled and used.

GradientSource.png

wood333 likes this.
  17. nu51313932

nu51313932

Now, can I set the sky box lower to hide the line?

18. franky_li

franky_li

Switching clouds to 2D doesn't help. I guess it's the same problem that nu51313932 has.

19. BHS

BHS

Not currently, but I'm actively working on fixing this with the next update so the blending between the skybox's sky color and ground color is near seamless.

nu51313932 likes this.
  20. BHS

BHS

It may be a shader conflict with Lux Water. I'll look into this and post a fix when I find a solution.

21. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

@BHS no photon2 for new update???? ;/

22. artician

artician

Hello,

This was fixed by adding a new Unistorm System to the scene, instead of dragging and dropping the Unistorm prefab, which is what I had been doing up until now.

Thank you for the amazing support!

BHS likes this.
  23. BHS

BHS

The 4.1.1 update just fixed some bugs. Now that Emerald AI 2.3 is finished, I can work on adding network support to UniStorm. I should be able to put together a Unity Package with Photon2 support by the end of the next coming week for you.

anunnaki2016 likes this.
  24. SSL7

SSL7

is HDR camera enabled supported? I have a total black screen when its enabled, it was fine with unistorm 3.

these are the HDR Settings:

https://ibb.co/9rgxy3d

it seems in the demo HDR works fine, in my game when my player instantiates and I have use run time delay on it doesn't. If I disable use runt time delay it plays but the skybox is totally blue/white

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  25. BHS

BHS

HDR is fully supported.

Are you receiving any errors when things aren’t working correctly? Have you ensured your tags are setup correctly for your player and camera using the Camera & Player Settings?

26. SSL7

SSL7

So I started disabling components, and it seems that Post Process Layer cause this, can you think of a reason?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  27. benllben

benllben

Hey @Alex3333 , Have done some searching and you can find Ceto on Github.
    Apparently it used to be on asset store but the owner did not wish to deal with all the support etc required to keep it there.

Love the look of this asset while searching for a storm system, was originally going to go with a competitor but this new update gives much nicer and smoother performing clouds. Hoping i can pick it up and use it as a base to create a more realistic storm system for a game i wanted to prototype, failing that, looks like an amazing and simple to use asset to quickly add some polish to other projects.

I was wondering if there was going to be any option for lighting of the clouds? For example, lightning bolts look like they have no effect on the clouds.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  28. nu51313932

nu51313932

Is there a way to scale down sky box?(smaller star texture and smaller cloud to match with low field of view)

29. Alex3333

Alex3333

I meant that the developer has a script that creates storm waves. this is what i asked to send the developer.

30. BHS

BHS

That's strange. When I've tested UniStorm with the Post Processing Stack v2, everything was working correctly. Let me look into this though so I can see if there are any issues.

31. franky_li

franky_li

Try to remove Post Process with the package manager and install it new.

32. BHS

BHS

I tested this and everything was working correctly with the Post Processing Layer. I'm not sure why the screen was black. Are you using the newest version of UniStorm?

33. wood333

wood333

I changed to gradient and found negligible improvement. I adjusted the ambient lighting curve, made it flat, and raised it a lot. If this did anything, it is too subtle for my purpose. How do I really crank up the ambient lighting while using unistorm?

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

HUMBLE BUNDLE THIS!!

35. BHS

BHS

I'm not really sure what's happening within your scene. Adjustments should be quite noticeable. If I adjust the ambient lighting within my scenes, the ambient lighting and shading intensity is changed accordingly:

Brightest:
    BrightestAmbient.png

Balanced:
    MiddleAmbient.png

Darkest:
    DarkestAmbient.png

What version of Unity are you using? Can you confirm the gradient values are being changed?

36. BHS

BHS

You can try adjusting the _uCloudsBottom value on the UniStorm Volumetric Clouds material. However, this is also controlled by the Cloud Profiles so you should just be able to edit the Cloud Profile editor caps to increase this value to get the desired results with your lower field of view.

As for the stars, they are 4k in resolution non-tiled. Simply tiling them twice (so 2,2 on the star material) should give you a nice increase in resolution.

37. nu51313932

nu51313932

It 's working. Thank you sir.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  38. SSL7

SSL7

yes latest version of unistorm, unistorm 3 worked fine with same setup. Using Unity 2019.2.5f1 and latest update processing package. I use Aquas too, don't know if it matters but Aquas has the Processing Layer as mandatory, as well as processing volume, if that helps

39. wood333

wood333

Seems the gradients are overwritten at run time. Does this mean I must adjust the gradients in each weather profile?

40. BHS

BHS

No, Weather Types do not currently control the gradients so another system within your scene is overwriting the gradient colors.

41. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Can you make tornadoes, hurricanes and other natural disaster type weather items?

42. BHS

BHS

I haven't had an issue with Aquas. Have you tried disabling UniStorm's cloud shadows? Maybe this is causing an issue.

43. BHS

BHS

Yes, you can, but you would have to handle the tornado movement with custom code. Currently, I'm working on a complex biome system capable of generating weather across multiple customizable biomes using the weather within each biome's weather list. The weather is then transitioned in when the player enters each biome. After this is done, I'll see if I can add in a tornado Weather Type. :)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  44. nu51313932

nu51313932

Why does unistorm sunshaft is not working on builded game ?
    It is only working on Unity Editor.

45. wood333

wood333

I tested this by using your Standard Demo scene. I changed the gradients and on play they were overwritten. I use Unity 2018.3.6f1 and the latest Unistorm.

Settings before play:

before play.PNG

Settings upon play:
    during play.PNG

46. BHS

BHS

You are changing the ambient lighting via the UniStorm editor, correct? If not, this is why your lighting is being overwritten. UniStorm alters the Unity ambient lighting from the values set within the UniStorm editor.

AmbientLightingControl.png

wood333 likes this.
  47. BHS

BHS

It should be working. Are you receiving any errors after building? Also, what version of Unity are you using?

48. nu51313932

nu51313932

I use 2019.1
    Can you test to comfirm that it is not a bug?
    N0 error message after build.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  49. SSL7

SSL7

Tried that with the same results. Only works when I disable the processing layer/volume compenents

50. BHS

BHS

When I get the chance, I will test this out with Unity 2019.1 to confirm whether it's a bug or not. What version of UniStorm are you using?