Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

Are you referring to your scene or one of the screenshots? Shadows do cast at night, the brightness can even be controlled for each moon phase. Just ensure the moon's shadows are enabled.
    NightShadows.png

2. Sam512

Sam512

I saw in the screenshot of course

3. Super_apple

Super_apple

Hello, this plugin is very nice!

I want to ask one question :

How can I modify the cloud moving direction???

4. Super_apple

Super_apple

showInfo.jpg

I just rotate the gameObject which named "UniStorm Volumetric Clouds" ,Is It right ?

5. BHS

BHS

No, in order to rotate the cloud dome, it has to be rotated from within the shader. I can send you the updated shader first thing tomorrow. I will add a wind direction feature with the next update so this can be controlled from with the UniStorm editor.

6. Super_apple

Super_apple

OK , Thank you very much!

can you send me the "updated shader" to me tomorrow?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  7. neshius108

neshius108

@Super_apple fyi, careful posting your email in the wild like that. You're going to receive lots of spam ;)

8. Super_apple

Super_apple

THKS ,I delete my email Adress .But How can I get the new shader?

9. BHS

BHS

I started a conversion with you through the Unity forums and sent you the updated shader for wind direction.

10. Alex3333

Alex3333

So much time has passed again. will sync for PUN 2 ?? every time you write what you are doing, but there are weeks and nothing - ((

11. neshius108

neshius108

@BHS: Pinging you again about the custom shader/look for clouds (and maybe auroras)? Is that planned along the way? If so, when? Just to have an estimate :D

I am thinking of a toon shader but if there was a way to just have a way to apply any shader, that'd be super!

12. Sam512

Sam512

Just bought the asset. Shadows look so soft at night. How can I make the night darker? Rain doesn't look impressive like EnviroSky. Will you improve it perhaps?
    (Unity 2018.3.14f1)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  13. Harekelas

Harekelas

So great to see volumetric clouds and acurate constellations are added to this awesome asset! Unistorm always has the best weather atmosphere and weather transition. Instant buy after seeing this update.
    Also got a question, can I get the correct constellation positions according to my latitude and longitude settings? And the sunrise and sunset time, moon phases, moonrise and moonset time, are they also acurate concerning the coordinates settings?

14. BHS

BHS

My apologies for the delay. I'll try to get something together sometime this week.

Alex3333 likes this.
  15. BHS

BHS

UniStorm's cloud shader is required for the system to function properly, unless you were to implement the shader yourself. Auroras have already been added with the current version and can be customized for each weather type. Toony clouds are possible by using the included toony cloud profile on each of the weather types.

16. BHS

BHS

Increase the moon's shadow intensity and set the shadow type to hard shadows. To make night darker, use darker ambient colors and a darker moonlight color. You can change the rain particle effect to whatever you like by changing the particle effect within weather types.

17. BHS

BHS

Thanks, it's great to hear you like the update. I plan on adding latitude and longitude settings with a future updated. Currently, the positions are not based off of longitude and latitude.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  18. Harekelas

Harekelas

Great to hear. Any ETA of this update?

19. BHS

BHS

I don't have an ETA for this feature just yet. I'm working on a new biome feature first. After this is finished, I will begin working on the latitude and longitude feature.

20. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

I'm considering buying. Can the time weather be saved across scene changes?

21. BHS

BHS

Yes, the scene changes shouldn't matter.

An example of saving can be done like this (it doesn't have to use PlayerPrefs):
    Code (CSharp):
    2. void Save ()
    3. {
    4.    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("UniStorm Hour", UniStormSystem.Instance.Hour);
    5.    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("UniStorm Minute", UniStormSystem.Instance.Minute);
    6.    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("UniStorm Temperature", UniStormSystem.Instance.Temperature);
    7.    PlayerPrefs.SetString("UniStorm Weather", UniStormSystem.Instance.CurrentWeatherType.WeatherTypeName);
    8.    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("UniStorm Month", UniStormSystem.Instance.Month);
    9.    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("UniStorm Day", UniStormSystem.Instance.Day);
    10.    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("UniStorm Year", UniStormSystem.Instance.Year);
    11. }
    An example of loading (also doesn't have to use PlayerPrefs):
    Code (CSharp):
    2. void Load ()
    3. {
    4.    UniStormManager.Instance.SetTime(PlayerPrefs.GetInt("UniStorm Hour"), PlayerPrefs.GetInt("UniStorm Minute"));
    5.    UniStormSystem.Instance.Temperature = PlayerPrefs.GetInt("UniStorm Temperature");
    6.    UniStormManager.Instance.SetDate(PlayerPrefs.GetInt("UniStorm Month"), PlayerPrefs.GetInt("UniStorm Day"), PlayerPrefs.GetInt("UniStorm Year"));
    8.    string LoadedWeatherTypeName = PlayerPrefs.GetString("UniStorm Weather");
    9.    //To allow weather to be assigned using a string, look through each weather type for a matching Weather Type Name
    10.    foreach (WeatherType WT in UniStormSystem.Instance.AllWeatherTypes.ToArray())
    11.    {
    12.       if (WT.WeatherTypeName == LoadedWeatherTypeName)
    13.       {
    14.          //Apply the weather type to UniStorm once found
    15.          UniStormManager.Instance.ChangeWeatherInstantly(WT);
    16.       }
    17.    }
    18. }
    There's an included example saving system and scene that allows users to save manually or to autosave with customizable autosave seconds. There's also options to load on start or to load manually.

neshius108 likes this.
  22. Super_apple

Super_apple

Hello,I want to ask one question:

It is possible to generate cloudes from target area? for example only from the green area? will you please give me some hints?

I just want the clouds only generate from Horizon。 Thanks! loresclouds11.04146 拷贝.png

23. Sam512

Sam512

Hello, can you add this constellation into your night star system? And make it look noticeable when stare at the nightsky?

Attached Files:

24. Alex3333

Alex3333

)))) ???????

25. sturentzler

sturentzler

Hi - two questions.

1. I do a bare bones setup. System and player. When TimeFlow is enabled I can get between 200-300FPS. When TimeFlow is disabled I get 15fps. Is there a way to get more FPS when TimeFlow is disabled??? (see pics)

2. In the playable demo there is a setting for LOW quality. Where can the quality setting be set (such as low - medium - high -- or is that dropdown communicating with the Player Quality Settings?

Question #1 is more important (trying to keep the sky forever night and need decent FPS without time flowing).

Thank you (anyone) for their insight.
    time1.PNG timeflowe.PNG

26. BHS

BHS

The editor scale issue is being fixed with 4.1.1.

The issues regarding initialization looks like it might be related to missing a Cloud Profile in one of your weather types. Double check that there are no missing slots with your weather types and that each of them have a cloud profile. A guide on this can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...mWX9rubGw8qjkZ4b4/edit#heading=h.uwckymw7cojo

If you are having an error related to starting weather type, ensure that you have a weather type applied to the starting weather type slot.

Also, test the included demo scenes. If they are all working correctly, then your errors are most likely related to something with the setup of your UniStorm system within your scene.

27. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

That would require modifying the VolumetricClouds shader directly. The variables _uHorizonFadeStart and _uHorizonFadeEnd are responsible for the clouds' fading amount along the horizon.

Zellator likes this.
  28. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

I can certainly look into adding more constellations with future updates.

29. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

1) Very strange, that shouldn't be happening. Are you receiving any errors? Here's the frame rate for my bare bones setup on High with Time Flow disabled. The time setting shouldn't matter so there must be something happening causing those 77 ms.
    UniStormFPS.png

2) Updating the quality settings of UniStorm can be handled by using UniStorm.UniStormManager.Instance:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Cloud Quality
    2. UniStormManager.Instance.UpdateCloudQuality(UniStormSystem.CloudQualityEnum);
    4. //Cloud Type - 2D or Volumetric
    5. UniStormManager.Instance.UpdateCloudType(UniStormSystem.CloudTypeEnum);
    These are working by disabling certain feature directly. To switch Quality Settings, see Unity's example here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/QualitySettings.SetQualityLevel.html

See the DemoUIExample script to see code examples of the Demo UI system.

30. BHS

BHS

I've tested quite a few versions of Unity with UniStorm and have not encountered this issue. What version of Unity are you using? Maybe I will be able to recreate the issue. You can also just drag the UniStorm System prefab into your scene.

31. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good day. You missed my message and did not reply to it. network no longer wait?

32. Sam512

Sam512

Draco Constellation if you don't know the name

33. xxxgashekxxx

xxxgashekxxx

Hi BHS,

Sorry for the delay, been a terrible month; like literally the worst hah :)

I've tested this with cloud shadows enabled and disabled, and both volumetric and 2d clouds with the same result; I've also tried it with every quality setting on the clouds.
    My PC is an i7 8700k with a GTX 1070 and 16GB of DDR4.
    No errors in the project, and I have the same FPS issues in the editor and builds.
    I admittedly have only used Unistorm in VR, but did not have frame rate issues with the previous version. I also tried creating a new project and imported basically just Unistorm and VRTK, and created a very simple test scene with no trees or vegetation and experienced the same poor frame rates with noticeable stutter.

34. YOAJ1

YOAJ1

I try Updated from Unistorm 2.4 to 4.0.
    The following code can no longer be used
    Please tell me the new code

UniStormSystem.yearCounter
    UniStormSystem.monthCounter
    UniStormSystem.hourCounter
    UniStormSystem.minuteCounter

UniStormSystem.currentRainIntensity

UniStormSystem.isSpring
    UniStormSystem.isSummer
    UniStormSystem.isFall
    UniStormSystem.isWinter

UniStormSystem.weatherString

UniStormSystem..ChangeWeatherInstant (0)

And did plantGrowSystem disappear?

thank you.

35. BHS

BHS

Strange, maybe it's related to Unity 2019.2. I will download it right now and figure out what's going on. UniStorm has worked perfectly fine with very other version of Unity, even 2019.1.

36. BHS

BHS

No worries! Thanks for the updated information. I will look into this and release an update if needed. Do you know if the Render Clouds Command Buffer is being applied to one camera or both? Also, you are using multi-pass, correct?

37. BHS

BHS

To access UniStorm now, all you have to do is use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UniStorm.UniStormSystem.Instance.VariableName
    A lot of the API has been updated and moved to the UniStorm.UniStormManager.Instance to make things easier. These can all be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...mWX9rubGw8qjkZ4b4/edit#heading=h.wdi1uoeswdyw

Also, I've updated the plant growth system, but haven't had a chance to add it to the Asset Store version of UniStorm. I'll send it to you in a message.

38. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi, BHS.

It's impossible to choose Celestial tab in Unity2019.2.
    Can I fix it at Editor C#?
    UniStorm4.1_bug.jpg

Unity2019.2
    macOS Mojave
    UniStorm4.1

39. combatsheep

combatsheep

The tab button could be displayed temporarily.;)

TabNumberProp.intValue = GUILayout.SelectionGrid(TabNumberProp.intValue, TabButtons, 5, GUILayout.Height(28), GUILayout.Width(90 * Screen.width / 200)); //Original is Screen.width / 100

@UniStormEditor.cs

40. sturentzler

sturentzler

Not getting an error, and still happens. Did fresh importing on both a mac and pc. Strange. Thank you for the pointing to the how to set the quality setting. Don't know what to do about the initial problem.

41. BHS

BHS

So, I looked into this and cannot recreate it. I've used the exact same version of Unity (version 2019.2.0f1) and prefab object and everything looks as it should. There's no errors or editor issues and I tested all of the tabs and settings.

Could you possibly send me your project, just with UniStorm, so I can have the issue present and find a solution? You can just send it via a private message.

42. BHS

BHS

Yes, this is an issue related to using 4k monitors. I am working on an update to address this and a couple of other minor bugs.

This can be fixed by replacing all instances of:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GUILayout.Width(90 * Screen.width / 100));
    With:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GUILayout.Width(90 * Screen.width / Screen.dpi));

combatsheep likes this.
  43. BHS

BHS

That is strange. The Time Flow setting only controls a small portion of code that calculates the time and date. What version of Unity are you using? Maybe it's an issue with a specific version of Unity. Can you please send me the project with just UniStorm and a scene that has the issue present so I see what's happening? It could also be a weird issue with a combination of settings you have.

44. combatsheep

combatsheep

Thanks BHS!
    Much better than mine.:)

45. BHS

BHS

You're welcome!

46. sturentzler

sturentzler

Thank you for your help. I'll make a new project and send to you with screen shots. How best to send? Link to the zip file?

47. neshius108

neshius108

Heya!

I am now playing around with the clouds but I see when I first start the game:

upload_2019-8-16_18-19-56.png

Here are my settings (I tried playing around with them):

upload_2019-8-16_18-20-18.png

How can I fix it?
    The problem is related to the clouds (all profiles behave the same), as the issue disappears when I disable their gameobject.

Let me know!

48. BHS

BHS

Strange, it looks like something isn't initializing correctly. Are you receiving any errors and have you properly setup your camera and player with UniStorm? It is normal for the clouds to initialize with some pixelation, but it shouldn't last more than a few frames.

49. neshius108

neshius108

No error that I can see.

upload_2019-8-17_1-11-17.png

I manually set those.
    What else can I check?

50. BHS

BHS

I've tested your settings and can't seem to recreate your issue. Can you please message me a video of the issue?