Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. nproject

nproject

Oke, I tried create 3 new project and here the result,
    project 1 only import unistorm desktop + standard asset = no error
    project 2 only import unistorm mobile + standard asset = no error
    project 3 only import unistorm mobile + dekstop + standard asset = no error

Well, I can't recreate my problem, i don't what happen before

2. ftejada

ftejada

thanks for the reply. I think hope to buy when is included Skybox and Gradient for Ambient source.

regards

3. shwa

shwa

The clouds are better now than before.

At sunset, the sun disappears before it fully drops at the horizon.
    it seems strange.

i don't recall this happening in the last version.

4. jrock84

jrock84

Quick general question. If I wanted to pull in UniStorm's time variables into another script, which properties would I reference specifically?

Thanks!

5. Barry100

Barry100

Unistorm is killing my frame rate by up to around 30fps. When i switch it off I GAIN 30 fps. Any tips on how to solve this issue? I have been using it for a very long time but now that my game is almost at ALPHA stage this is killing the frame rate!

6. BHS

BHS

It looks like it's because you don't have a second sunshafts script on your camera. UniStorm uses this second sunshafts script for the moonlight shafts. Disabling Use Moonlight Shafts in the UniStorm Editor under Moon Options should fix your problem. With our 2.2.2 update, Moonlight Shafts will be disabled automatically if a second sunshafts script isn't found.

Strange, sometimes Unity has issues with importing assets. Reimporting them usually fixes it. I'm glad the problem went away.

This is because UniStorm now follows the sun intensity based off of the Sun Intensity Curve. The Sun Intensity Curve allows you to control the exact moment that the sun starts to lose intensity. If you want the sun to set at a later time, adjust the 5th and 6th point of the Sun Intensity Curve. Each number on the X axis of the graph represents an hour. By default, the sun sets at 18:00. If your terrain is more flat, a value of 18.5 or 19 might work better.

We have an example for tracking UniStorm's time as well as saving and loading time. See our UniStorm Save and Load scene for example. We have also supplied an example script.

UniStorm performs very well, even on low end computers. If you are having any frame rate issues, it's usually because there is an error happening somewhere that's visible in the Console. If you are having an errors, post them here and we will see what's going on.

Also, test out our demo scenes to see if you are having frame rate issues with those. If you are not, it's something within your scene or the way you setup UniStorm in your scene.

7. Barry100

Barry100

there are no console errors. When I turn the gamobject to active I get a 30 frame drop.

8. BHS

BHS

What version of UniStorm and Unity are you using?

We have tested this with 2 separate computers, and when disabling UniStorm, we see little to no frame rate difference.

This has been brought up a couple times before and the issue was always 1 of a few things with a ~30 frame rate drop:
    1) UniStorm isn't setup correctly
    2) A Unity bug that caused frame rate issues due to a particle systems bug
    3) UniStorm is missing a component somewhere
    4) UniStorm not importing correctly (Sometimes Unity messes up importing. Reimporting fixes the issue)

9. Alex3333

Alex3333

I did not get the default clouds in normal weather. In rain and storm they can be seen. What is the reason and how to solve this problem? ( error no)

10. BHS

BHS

Strange, have you tried reimporting? What version of UniStorm are you using? What version of Unity are you using?

11. Alex3333

Alex3333

I use the latest version of Unistorm. Unity 5.3.6 . All the objects in place.

12. BHS

BHS

Strange, everything is working on our end. For some reason, Unity sometimes imports some shader files improperly. It isn't anything on our end, but it tends to rarely happen for no reason (most likely a Unity bug). The solution here (http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki..._Possible_Issues#My_clouds_are_not_showing_up) should fix your issue. If not, let us know and we will see if we can recreate your specific issue.

13. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

After installing the latest version of Unistorm I am getting this error. What script is missing on the camera?

Attached Files:

14. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Also, FogA is my screen before I push play.

Is the Global Fog supposed to de-activate when I push play, as in image FogB?

Attached Files:

15. Stormy102

Stormy102

Just bought this (@BHS will know me ;)) and OMG!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely amazing. If anyone is interested in this pick it up in the sale. Trust me, it's beautiful, optimised and a great price! 5*, Instantly! :D

BHS likes this.
  16. BHS

BHS

That isn't as error, it's a warning message. It seems like you're missing a script with your camera setup. It doesn't look UniStorm related.

I'm not sure why the Globa Fog would disable after you press play. I've never seen that before. Have you tried reimporting the image effects?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  17. BHS

BHS

Thanks! Great to hear you're liking UniStorm.

18. Stormy102

Stormy102

Hey guys if you're reading this, I feel that feature is needed from Unity which involves exposing the Sun in the Lighting Window/Render Settings to script reference. This would allow additive scenes with their global illumination data could utilise UniStorm, as unfortunately, it defaults to the brightest directional light, making it light during night due to the Moon's directional light. The more people the better! Vote here: https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/option-to-set-sun-light-via-script
    @BHS could you help spread awareness of this?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  19. kilju

kilju

i got some strange things happen during night time. i got moon and some odd light source next to it. also my night sky doesn't show up behind the clouds. any help?

Thank you
    -Toni

Attached Files:

20. Alex3333

Alex3333

my problem was resolved with your link! Clouds appeared. Tell me more synchronization. You have a script sync , but it stopped working. Which variables you want to sync some variables you renamed the variables is new ?? Write all variables for synchronization.

21. Stormy102

Stormy102

I had a similar problem - make sure that you don't have ANY other directional lights in your scene apart from UniStorm's ones. Also make sure that the sun in the lighting window has UniStorm's sun assigned to it.

EDIT: Fixed wrong word order :p

22. JBR-games

JBR-games

@BHS Im thinking about picking this up on the sale. does this come with the shaders that added snow to the ground and trees ? I noticed in the climate video demo that some trees seemed to have snow and others didnt.

23. Stormy102

Stormy102

It does, however it doesn't have the same level of options as the standard shader like emission and a second albedo and normal. But for $36 this is absolutely worth it

By the way, I'm gonna work on my multiplayer syncing script. I'll post it here if anyone's interested. It's for UNET and doesn't require any modification of the original UniStorm scripts.

JBR-games likes this.
  24. JBR-games

JBR-games

@Stormy102 thanks , so does the snow tree shader still have wind movement ? Again watching the demo the trees without snow seem to move around in the wind, but the trees that do have snow seem rigid...

Stormy102 likes this.
  25. buronix

buronix

The snow shader has no wind blend.

26. JBR-games

JBR-games

@buronix Thanks.
    @BHS do you have plans of adding wind blending to the tree snow shader in the near future ?

27. Stormy102

Stormy102

I don't believe so, @BHS - need to do variants of this shader for Standard Shader & SpeedTree shaders... Pretty please :p

JBR-games likes this.
  28. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This is because you need to assign UniStorm's Sun Light to Unity's Sun in the Environmental Lighting.

A tutorial can be found here:
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki...My_Sky_gets_bright_.28and_or_blue.29_at_night

We will be improving the snow shader soon. We will see what we can do.

Stormy102 likes this.
  29. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.2.2 has been accepted!

Get it here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2714

Fixes and Improvements
    • Added multi-terrain support
    • Added support for longer Dynamic Time of Day sounds
    • Fixed an error that sometimes occurred while setting up with UFPS and Auto Player Setup. This was due to the UFPS game object still being connected to a prefab. Breaking the prefab of the UFPS player object is required. A message popup has been added for UniStorm's Auto Player Setup to do this automatically, if desired.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause an error if Use Moonlight Shafts was enabled and there wasn't a second sunshafts script on the camera. UniStorm will now disable this feature, if this occurs.

jrock84 and Stormy102 like this.
  30. jrock84

jrock84

Great job on the quick releases! Much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

31. kilju

kilju

everything working like a charm right now :D
    thanks everybody for your help!!!

-Toni

BHS and Stormy102 like this.
  32. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hey guys, Great asset BHS. Just purchased and it looks great. Just a couple of little issues if you could help.

The create your own climate is throwing an error when i try to use the menu/createclimatezone/c# option so i cannot setup climate areas currently.

I also wondered if it is possible to have the night cycle around but then jump straight back to the beginning of night again with no morning/daylight cycle? I know we can just keep the time static but i would prefer movement and progression but without it ever getting sunlight.

Stormy102 likes this.
  33. Alex3333

Alex3333

Anyone have a working sync weather . Share the script or write how to do it. Can'T get with the standard script that the weather was synchronized

34. Stormy102

Stormy102

Yeah I noticed this too. @BHS also if you want to move it from the Assets directory it will cause errors as it relies on a hardcoded path. No chance of using Resources.Load? :rolleyes:

35. Stormy102

Stormy102

I have a UNET script for syncing. I HAVEN'T TESTED IT YET BUT IN THEORY IT SHOULD WORK. I will test it later on today.

Regards,

Stormy :)

Code (CSharp):
    1. /// <summary>
    2.     /// A UniStorm network syncing script for UNET
    3.     /// </summary>
    4.     public sealed class UniStormNetworkSync : NetworkBehaviour
    5.     {
    6.         /// <summary>
    7.         /// Reference to our UniStorm system
    8.         /// </summary>
    9.         [SerializeField]
    10.         private UniStormWeatherSystem_C uniStorm;
    12.         /// <summary>
    13.         /// SyncVar for the start time
    14.         /// </summary>
    15.         [SyncVar(hook = "OnStartTimeChanged")]
    16.         private float startTime;
    18.         /// <summary>
    19.         /// Custom hook to assign the start time to UniStorm when the value is changed
    20.         /// </summary>
    21.         /// <param name="newStartTime"></param>
    22.         void OnStartTimeChanged(float newStartTime)
    23.         {
    24.             uniStorm.startTime = newStartTime;
    25.             startTime = newStartTime;
    26.         }
    28.         /// <summary>
    29.         /// SyncVar for the temperature
    30.         /// </summary>
    31.         [SyncVar(hook = "OnTemperatureChanged")]
    32.         private int temperature;
    34.         /// <summary>
    35.         /// Custom hook to assign the start time to UniStorm when the value is changed
    36.         /// </summary>
    37.         /// <param name="newTemperature"></param>
    38.         void OnTemperatureChanged(int newTemperature)
    39.         {
    40.             uniStorm.temperature = newTemperature;
    41.             temperature = newTemperature;
    42.         }
    44.         /// <summary>
    45.         /// SyncVar for the weather
    46.         /// </summary>
    47.         [SyncVar(hook = "OnWeatherChanged")]
    48.         private int weather;
    50.         /// <summary>
    51.         /// Custom hook to assign the start time to UniStorm when the value is changed
    52.         /// </summary>
    53.         /// <param name="newWeather"></param>
    54.         void OnWeatherChanged(int newWeather)
    55.         {
    56.             uniStorm.weatherForecaster = newWeather;
    57.             weather = newWeather;
    58.         }
    60.         /// <summary>
    61.         /// Called on Awake - connects to the System.Action callback
    62.         /// </summary>
    63.         [ServerCallback]
    64.         void Awake()
    65.         {
    66.             GameNetworkManager.Instance.OnClientConnected += OnClientConnect;
    67.         }
    69.         /// <summary>
    70.         /// Removes itself when destroyed from the System.Action callback list
    71.         /// </summary>
    72.         [ServerCallback]
    73.         void OnDestroy()
    74.         {
    75.             // If we don't have an instance of this, we must be quitting
    76.             if (GameNetworkManager.Instance)
    77.             {
    78.                 GameNetworkManager.Instance.OnClientConnected -= OnClientConnect;
    79.             }
    80.         }
    82.         /// <summary>
    83.         /// Attached as a paramater onto my GameNetworkManager (extension of NetworkManager) using it's OnClientConnect function. This then latches onto a System.Action and is called when a client connects.
    84.         /// </summary>
    85.         /// <param name="conn"></param>
    86.         void OnClientConnect(NetworkConnection conn)
    87.         {
    88.             TargetUpdateTimeForNewConnection(conn, uniStorm.minuteCounter, (int)uniStorm.Hour);
    89.         }
    91.         /// <summary>
    92.         /// Server-only update which makes sure that the important values such as temperature and weather are updated
    93.         /// </summary>
    94.         [ServerCallback]
    95.         void FixedUpdate()
    96.         {
    97.             // Update the start time
    98.             if (startTime != uniStorm.startTime)
    99.             {
    100.                 startTime = uniStorm.startTime;
    101.             }
    103.             // Update the temperature
    104.             if (temperature != uniStorm.temperature)
    105.             {
    106.                 temperature = uniStorm.temperature;
    107.             }
    109.             // Update the weather
    110.             if (weather != uniStorm.weatherForecaster)
    111.             {
    112.                 weather = uniStorm.weatherForecaster;
    113.             }
    114.         }
    116.         /// <summary>
    117.         /// Updates time for any new connecting players
    118.         /// </summary>
    119.         /// <param name="target"></param>
    120.         /// <param name="minutes"></param>
    121.         /// <param name="hour"></param>
    122.         [TargetRpc]
    123.         void TargetUpdateTimeForNewConnection(NetworkConnection target, int minutes, int hour)
    124.         {
    125.             uniStorm.startTimeMinute = minutes;
    126.             uniStorm.startTimeHour = hour;
    128.             uniStorm.LoadTime();
    129.         }

36. Alex3333

Alex3333

Thank you. Can help. True synchronization for photon cloud is necessary )))

37. Stormy102

Stormy102

uniStorm.weatherForcaster is the value you need to sync for weather. When a client connects, do something like OnPhotonClientConnected instead of my (slightly hacky) callbacks from GameNetworkManager.

38. Xialya

Xialya

I am interested by purchasing this product, but I've got a question:

It seems this asset is made for FPS games with one player?
    Can it be used with a main scene camera which is sometimes disabled to enable multiple FPS cameras attached to characters? Such characters being instantiated later during play.

Another example would be a main scene camera showing an area, and a couple of cameras used for texture rendering, like mirrors, windows, screens, etc.
    Is this asset able to handle more than one camera at a time?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  39. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Is it better to email support regarding the Climate zones bug? (or is there another way to use it instead of from the menu bar?)

I am also having an issue where the rain does not seem to be following the player even though it seems attached in the inspector (was setup auto player) and appears fine apart from the rain being stationary.

Great asset though - it really looks the part - I can't wait to get these little bugs squashed and setup the zones for specific area's really helps with what i am trying to in my project.

40. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

We are aware of the error message when creating a Climate Zone and Weather Zone. We will post a guide on how to fix it momentarily. We are submitting an update for it tonight.

As for keeping it night time, this script should do what you want. You can adjust the time to whatever your preference is. I've tested it and it works.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class UniStormTimeControl : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     private UniStormWeatherSystem_C uniStormSystem;
    8.     void Start ()
    9.     {
    10.         uniStormSystem = GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor").GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>();
    12.         if (uniStormSystem == null)
    13.         {
    14.             //Error Log if script is unable to find UniStorm Editor
    15.             Debug.LogError("<color=red>Null Reference:</color> You must have the UniStorm Editor in your scene and named 'UniStormSystemEditor'. Make sure your C# UniStorm Editor has this name. ");
    16.         }
    17.     }
    19.     void Update ()
    20.     {
    21.         if (uniStormSystem != null)
    22.         {
    23.             if (uniStormSystem.Hour >= 5 && uniStormSystem.Hour < 20)
    24.             {
    25.                 uniStormSystem.startTimeMinute = 0;
    26.                 uniStormSystem.startTimeHour = 20;
    27.                 uniStormSystem.LoadTime();
    28.             }
    29.         }
    30.     }
    31. }

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

We have responded to your email regarding this. The short answer is yes. You should be able to switch between cameras. We have had customers do it in the past.

We are aware of the error message when creating a Climate Zone and Weather Zone. We will post a guide on how to fix it momentarily. We are submitting an update for it tonight.

When you used Auto Player Setup, did you assign your player object? The particles need to be following your player. Watch your player in the scene view to see if the particles are properly following your player. You may need to move them to your player model depending on your character setup.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  41. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks for your thorough response.

I had my player object wrapped around a further object and seemed to caused the problem.

Fixed now, thanks.

When you used Auto Player Setup, did you assign your player object? The particles need to be following your player. Watch your player in the scene view to see if the particles are properly following your player. You may need to move them to your player model depending on your character setup.[/QUOTE]

42. Szaruga

Szaruga

Hello

I have a problem with import Standard Assets/Effects.
    I did so:
    1 - I created a new blank project
    2 - I imported UniStorm and everything worked fine:

3 - I imported Standard Assets/Effects (need for other things) --- After that, they deteriorated visual effects in standard scene UniStorm
    4 - I imported again UniStorm and... I have errors:

I understand that there may be various problems with other assets, but if I can't use standard assets?

Cheers :)

edit//
    I delete file CreaseShadingEditor.cs, and meanwhile it works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  43. Stormy102

Stormy102

I'm doing a authoritative multiplayer game where the player spawning is instigated by the remote client, so its dynamic. My workaround is to have one camera that renders the UI and another for the player. I use two cameras for the standard anti-first-person-rig-fix just having first person items on a separate layer. I also have lots of dying in my game :p so i can confirm that it works fine with multiple cameras from multiple player objects. The only issue I have with UniStorm is something only Unity can fix (https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/option-to-set-sun-light-via-script) so I have to wait for that :(

44. Stormy102

Stormy102

The problem is that the crease shading image effect isn't public. This error isn't to do with UniStorm really, its because you're importing the image effects again I suspect. It's a little weird but going to the CreaseShading.cs file and changing it from
    Code (CSharp):
    1. class CreaseShading
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class CreaseShading
    should fix it.

45. Szaruga

Szaruga

@Stormy102
    Thank You, it was easy, too easy for forum, sorry ;)

My next problem is probably more serious:

The problem with trees, this occurs when it rains. without rain, everything is ok.
    Anyone have an idea what is wrong? I use trees with this package:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3277

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  46. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This is because the Storm Wind Zone's values are set to 40 by default. This is being fixed with an update we just submitted. To fix it, go to the WindZoneStormy object and change the values to all 1's.

47. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.2.3 has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

UniStorm 2.2.3
    * Fixed an error that occurred when using the create Weather Zone and Climate Zones
    * Updated and improved the Climate Zone system. Precipitation odds can now be adjusted from between 1 and 100 like with the Visual Bar and Sliders using the UniStorm C# Editor.
    * Added 4 preset Climate Zones to the Climate Zone window (Desert, Grassland, Mountain, and Rainforest)
    * Updated Weather Zone system
    * Fixed Stormy Wind Zone values from being set high by default.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    JBR-games, Stormy102 and AndyNeoman like this.
  48. Stormy102

Stormy102

Keep em coming!

49. virror

virror

Still getting a ton of "UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.emissionRate' is obsolete: `emissionRate property is deprecated. Use emission.rate instead." warnings.
    Thought you said you had gotten rid of those?
    It would be very, very appreciated if you could fix that to next patch, its kind of drowning out everything else.

50. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

We fixed this with the 2.2 update. What version of Unity and UniStorm are you using?