Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

Strange, UniStorm 2.2 was tested with multiple versions of Unity and we never saw this issue.

What version of Unity are you using and how can the problem be recreated? We haven't seen this with any of our tests. Is this using a new prefab of UniStorm?

Strange, we will look into this and see what's going on. I believe it may be a simple fix.

2. jrock84

jrock84

This appears to be the root of the problem, perhaps. I added the player directly to the scene and get this error.

3. buronix

buronix

Unity 5.4f2; with the default scene with the new prefabs.
    I tried to import the standard assets effect shaders/scripts from your packet (overwriting the new ones of unity 5.4f2) and the result is the same, color linear, forward and deferred.

The artifact is always there.

4. BHS

BHS

Do the demos that we supplied work? It sounds like you may have an isolated issue within your project.

Strange, I will import UniStorm 2.2 into Unity 5.4f2 to see if I can recreate the problem. If I find a solution, I will post it here.

buronix likes this.
  5. Kaneleka

Kaneleka

Missing that second SunShafts component on the MainCamera perhaps?

6. jrock84

jrock84

YES! For Pity's sake I just found it... Not added by player setup it would appear and I don't see that anywhere in the docs unless I missed it. >< Anyway, seems to be good now. Thank you

7. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

I cannot seem to recreate your cloud issue. I am using the same exact version of UniStorm and Unity and everything works fine.

Are you using Windows or Mac?
    Do you have any other plugins in your project?
    Is your Far Clipping Plane on your camera set to at least 18k?

UniStorm 2.2 and Unity 5.4f2.png

8. BHS

BHS

Sorry about that!

We will need to update the Auto Player Setup system to add the Moonlight shafts when using that tool. We will put together a little fix for this, and few other things, and have it submitted by the end of the weekend.

9. BHS

BHS

To fix this, open up the UniStorm Moon.shader file, and find line 52:

Change this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. v2f o;
    To this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. v2f o;
    2. UNITY_INITIALIZE_OUTPUT(v2f, o);
    We will fix this, and a couple other things, with a quick little update we will be submitting in a day or two. The above solution will fix it though.

10. jrock84

jrock84

No worries, it happens! I appreciate everyone's time. Just wanted to post some positive with a pretty awesome screenshot from my alpha build. Ahh, coming together so nicely!!

Love the new clouds btw!

kerrmedia, arnesso and BHS like this.
  11. BHS

BHS

Looks great!

Also, great to hear you're liking the new cloud shader.

12. Sonnenspeer

Sonnenspeer

Have to quote myself^^ Need this information @BHS

13. _dandroid

_dandroid

Same issue with the strange artifact on screen.

I created a new empty project in 5.4.0f3 with nothing but UniStorm. No settings changed. Use the menu to create a new C# weather system. Add a new terrain. The lighting will then calculate (as it's set to auto by default). As soon as the lighting finishes, the artifact appears. I can reproduce it with these steps every single time.

Any ideas?

unistorm bug.png

14. RakkuAmiya

RakkuAmiya

I get the same with both a new project and my bird simulator since the upgrade... the weird artifact in the scene. There are three of them in the same place, and when I disable "Dynamic Light Cloud", "Dynamic Partly Cloudy" and "Dynamic Mostly Cloudy" under "CloudParent" -> "Dynamic Clouds" they progressively disappear. Of course you loose the clouds then! All three of those objects use the shader "Dynamic Light Clouds (no fog). I'm using Unity 5.3.f61.

Any ideas?

Graeme

15. BHS

BHS

@buronix

Okay, thanks for the information! It helped us recreate the issue and find a solution. We will be submitting an update today to fix this and a couple other minor issues.

This was simply do to a setting within the shader that the GI didn't like.

Here's how to fix it!
    1) Open up UniStorm Dynamic Light Clouds (No Fog) (High) shader
    2) Find the line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Blend SrcAlpha OneMinusSrcAlpha
    3) Replace said line with this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Blend One One
    4) Repeat with UniStorm Dynamic Light Clouds (No Fog) (Med) and UniStorm Dynamic Light Clouds (No Fog) (Low) shaders.

16. buronix

buronix

I just discovered with a new fresh project that the problem disappear with baked lights, I will try this solution.

**UPdate : its working.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  17. RakkuAmiya

RakkuAmiya

That's brilliant. Worked straight away with those changes.

Thank you!

Graeme... :)

18. BHS

BHS

You're welcome! Glad it helped.

19. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.2.1 has been submitted and is awaiting approval!

This is a quick update that will fix a couple minor issues introduced with UniStorm 2.2.0.

Fixes

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    jrock84, radimoto and Sphelps like this.
  20. VoxelLoop-Curtis

VoxelLoop-Curtis

Hi, I'm loving the product so far, however, I need a bit of support.

I'm currently trying to setup UniStorm to work in a multiplayer environment using Unity 5's UNET.
    When the player spawns, the console shows:

And the scene appears to have no lighting, the ground is entirely black.

https://gyazo.com/4df12251dd7bf886b5057cc6942e2a31

This problem doesn't seem to happen when the default Player is still spawned in that is located in 'UniStormDesktopPrefab_C_Basic', but after removing it, this error returns.

Alongside UniStorm the only other asset that could interfere is Ceto ocean.

Nothing appears to be missing from the player that is spawned by the Network Manager as it's the default 'Spawned Player' provided by UniStorm, just with a Network Identity added; I've tried all I can think of, and I'm still kind of lost.

Thanks in advance!

21. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

UniStorm works with Ceto so that shouldn't be the cause.

The sunTrans is the transform UniStorm uses to move the sun and moon. This is found and assigned on start in the InitializeUniStorm function. If this is missed, it wouldn't properly rotate the sun which would make the scene look like that.

I'm not sure why your spawning method isn't working, but if I had to guess, it would be because your player isn't spawning before UniStorm initializes. Someone a few posts back was having the same issue with the ORK system and what they did was delay UniStorm initializing by about 0.1 seconds to give their player spawning system a chance to spawn.

22. Kaneleka

Kaneleka

Lightning Bolt (Desktop) appears to still require the material in UniStorm (Mobile).

23. buronix

buronix

Hey,
    I have ambient sounds with different durations, some of them are very short, other almost 1 min or more (multiple sounds combined and sequenced), but I always need to edit your DynamicTimeOfDaySounds, because if not in time I ended with a lot of sounds playing together and its madness, I edited the function to take into account the length of the sound in the calculations, and also refactored it to be more efficient, can you pls include this change or something similar in future releases to avoid me to edit the function each update? Also it has the same functionality, it only has improves.

Code (CSharp):
    1. void DynamicTimeOfDaySounds ()
    2.     {
    3.         if(TODSoundsTimer > Time.time)
    4.         {
    5.             return;
    6.         }
    7.         AudioClip PlayedClip = null;
    9.         if (Hour > 4 && Hour < 8 && useMorningSounds)
    10.         {
    11.             PlayedClip = ambientSoundsMorning[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0, ambientSoundsMorning.Count)];
    12.             playedSound = true;
    13.         }
    14.         else if (Hour > 8 && Hour < 16 && useDaySounds)
    15.         {
    16.             PlayedClip = ambientSoundsDay[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0,ambientSoundsDay.Count)];
    17.             playedSound = true;
    18.         }
    19.         else if ( Hour > 16 && Hour < 20 && useEveningSounds)
    20.         {
    21.             PlayedClip = ambientSoundsEvening[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0,ambientSoundsEvening.Count)];
    22.             playedSound = true;
    23.         }
    24.         else if (Hour > 20 && Hour < 25 && useNightSounds)
    25.         {
    26.             PlayedClip = ambientSoundsNight[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0,ambientSoundsNight.Count)];
    27.             playedSound = true;
    28.         }
    29.         else if (Hour > 0 && Hour < 4 && useNightSounds)
    30.         {
    31.             PlayedClip = ambientSoundsNight[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0,ambientSoundsNight.Count)];
    32.             playedSound = true;
    33.         }
    35.         TODSoundsTimer = Time.time + UnityEngine.Random.Range(timeToWaitMin, timeToWaitMax);
    37.         if (playedSound && PlayedClip != null)
    38.         {
    39.             soundComponent.PlayOneShot(PlayedClip);
    40.             TODSoundsTimer += PlayedClip.length;
    41.             playedSound = false;
    42.         }
    43.     }

24. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Will you update the Unistorm Mobile package now also? I am using desktop but I bought the mobile package before you combined them.

25. BHS

BHS

We weren't aware of this. Thanks for letting us know. We will fix it with our next update.

Thanks for this. We didn't think about people using sounds that were over a minute long. We will add it to our next update.

Yes, we will be submitting it sometime today.

buronix likes this.
  26. kerrmedia

kerrmedia

I know you probably answered this years ago. But the video demo of Unistorm shows an ocean, what package was the water created with?

27. buronix

buronix

Thanks!!

Ceto : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47203 , its right now on sale, and its awesome, in all aspects.

28. BHS

BHS

You're welcome!

29. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.2.1 has been accepted and is now live!

This is a quick update that will fix a couple minor issues introduced with UniStorm 2.2.0.

Fixes
    • Fixed a shader issue that created an artifact in the clouds when using GI
    • Fixed Moon Shader error message
    • Updated the Auto Player Setup system to properly add the new Moonlight Shafts feature

30. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi,
    Trying to find the documentation for this on your site and wiki. Could you please post a link of where to find it, thanks.

31. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Our documentation can be found here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Documentation

We are in the process of updating it for UniStorm 2.2.1. It should still give you all the information you need. We just need to add the new features we added with the new update.

32. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, thanks. That was the page I was looking at, looking forward to the update.

regarding the web demo, I had 3 points that just made me pause.
    Are the settings in the demo set to the most extreme or can they get more intense?
    * the heavy rain didnt really feel that heavy
    * using the storm test I didnt get to see any lightning bolts, only the entire screen to flash.
    * the night didnt get that dark, was still too bright. Was hoping for near pitch black at night.

Many thanks for the quick reply on the other post.

33. BHS

BHS

You're welcome!

The demo we have currently is a few versions old. Our new version has been improved significantly. We are working on updating it.

* Yes, this is because we are keeping the settings on the lighter side. UniStorm allows users to customize the intensity to make it far denser and more intense.
    * Lightning Bolts are in the most current version of UniStorm. I'm not sure why they aren't in the demo. Sometimes they are hard to catch though as they will spawn at random positions in the sky.
    * The night was left lighter intentionally because some users would think any darker would be too dark to see. You can have night as dark as you want, even nearly pitch black.

siblingrivalry likes this.
  34. BHS

BHS

siblingrivalry and Sphelps like this.
  35. Sphelps

Sphelps

BHS likes this.
  36. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Thanks again.

Can unistorm create puddles, ripples, splashes and wet effect on environment when it rains?
    In the demo i saw very limited splashes on rocks, but didnt see large puddles forming with splashes and ripples.

Cheers

37. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi all, looks like a nice complete package. I currently use a couple of small assets for day/night and lightning/rain. I am considering moving over to this all in one package. I also use Terrain Composer 2 and RTP - I presume/hope there are no issues combining with unistorm?

Edit :- Water asset used is Aquas

Any help appreciated, Andy

38. BHS

BHS

Thank you!

UniStorm itself doesn't create puddles, but you can easily add these features with external scripts. One wat this could be achieved is to track the currentRainIntensity variable. When greater than 0, or a little higher to allow it to fade in, fade in puddles or other rain effects.

UniStorm's splash intensity can be increased by increasing the Rain Particle amount in the Precipitation Options. You can also increase the brightness of the splash texture. By default, its alpha value is very low.

We have tested UniStorm with RTP and it has worked for us. UniStorm uses a standard Unity Directional Light so you should have any issues. We haven't tested UniStorm with Aquas, but I believe some of our customers have.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  39. buronix

buronix

Hey!!

Another petition for improvement.

When the weather changes/fades the values for the terrain grass are changed, but only for the Active Terrain, Its a very common technique to have multiple terrain tiles (multiple terrains), so right now Unistorm its only changing the Values of one of the active terrains (in my case ofc), to get support of multi Terrains you need to change a bit the script, replace the call to Terrain.activeTerrain for a loop on the Terrain.activeTerrains Array,if you only have one terrain there is no performance changes, cause the activeTerrains Array will have only one member, the same terrain as the Terrain.activeTerrain variable , I changed the function FadeOutWind as example :

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void FadeOutWind ()
    2.     {
    3.         foreach (Terrain terrain in Terrain.activeTerrains)
    4.         {
    5.             terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassSpeed -= Time.deltaTime * 0.001f * WindFadeInMultiplier;
    6.             terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassAmount -= Time.deltaTime * 0.001f * WindFadeInMultiplier;
    7.             terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassStrength -= Time.deltaTime * 0.001f * WindFadeInMultiplier;
    8.             if (terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassSpeed <= stormGrassWavingSpeed)
    9.             {
    10.                 terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassSpeed = stormGrassWavingSpeed;
    11.             }
    13.             if (terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassAmount <= stormGrassWavingStrength)
    14.             {
    15.                 terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassAmount = stormGrassWavingStrength;
    16.             }
    18.             if (terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassStrength <= stormGrassWavingAmount)
    19.             {
    20.                 terrain.terrainData.wavingGrassStrength = stormGrassWavingAmount;
    21.             }
    22.         }
    23.     }
    I will appreciate a lot if you can introduce this mechanism to update the terrains values, or something similar, again, I update always the UnistormWeatherSystem script to perform this modifications, but if you can include them by default it will easy for me to maintain and you will have multiple terrain support ;).

Thanks in Advance!!!

BHS and AndyNeoman like this.
  40. kilju

kilju

i got some problems when trying to autosetup player. i use c# version and when i click Autosetup player i got this error:
    i tryed to manualy add sunsafts to cameras but still getting error.

thanks for your help

Attached Files:

41. nproject

nproject

Hi, I got some error when import UniStorm.

Assets/UniStorm (Mobile)/Scripts (Mobile)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormMobileWeatherSystem_JS.js(2774,17): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'butterfliesEmission'.

Attached Files:

42. whalleyboi2015

whalleyboi2015

I fixed this problem by double clicking the error and edit the script.
    Find this line
    PlayerCamera2 = (Camera)EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("Weapon Camera", PlayerCamera2, typeof(Camera), true);

And than underneath it add

if (PlayerCameraComponent == null) {
    PlayerCameraComponent = PlayerCamera2;
    }

43. BHS

BHS

Thanks! This will be added to UniStorm 2.2.2 that will be submitted tomorrow.

What version of Unity are you using? The script should detect the version of Unity and skip the portion of API that isn't for that version. If there's an issue, we will add a fix for it to our update we are submitting tomorrow.

Thanks for this. It will be fixed with our 2.2.2 update we're submitting tomorrow.

buronix likes this.
  44. nproject

nproject

Hi, I'm using unity 5.3.3f1 Personal.

Thanks

45. ftejada

ftejada

Hi

I am very interested in your product, but I would like to know a few things before you buy it.

1) In the options "Lighting-> Enviroment Lighting-> Ambient Source" Can Unistorm use Skybox or Gradient?

2) Unistorm can set parameters to change in real time the values of "Ambient Intensity" and "Reflection Intensity"?

Regards

46. Alex3333

Alex3333

how to solve this problem? I use. UFPS multiplayer

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.TimeOfDayCalculator () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1417)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Update () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1371)

47. BHS

BHS

Strange, we will look into it and see what's going on. We tested this exact version before submitting and had no issues.

Are you using just the UniStorm Mobile fold or do you have both the Desktop and Mobile folders in your project?

Hey there!

1) UniStorm cannot currently use the Skybox or Gradient Ambient source. However, we do plan on adding this feature soon.

2) UniStorm has options to control the Ambeint Intensity for each time of day. It doesn't have control for Reflection Intensity, but it's something we can add in the next version or two. It could be added currently with a custom external script. If you needed help with this, we would be more than happy to post an example.

Hey there!

How can we recreate the issue?
    Did you use Auto Player Setup?
    Are all your components appied to the object slots in the Object Options?
    What version of Unity and UniStorm are you using?

48. nproject

nproject

I'm import all asset, so both Desktop and Mobile
    Is that a problem?

49. BHS

BHS

No, not at all. I'm just trying to recreate the issue to help find a solution. As of right now, I can't recreate it which leads me to believe that it might be specifically with your project. When I get a chance, I will see what's going on.

50. Alex3333

Alex3333

Yes, I have not tried to configure your system with ufps multiplayer. Always appear any errors. To version 2 everything was fine , everything worked , now can't sync and can't customize the player. Maybe sync is not working because of not correct settings of the player. you can do to help with this question via Skype tomorrow ?