Search Unity

[Released] Unique Vehicle Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DjameleddineMek, Feb 14, 2023.

1. DjameleddineMek

DjameleddineMek

Current Version 1.0.0 (BETA)
    (January 16, 2023)
    PC Demo | Android Demo | Manual | Asset Store

For an indie developer, creating a video game isn't always something straightforward. Many developers struggle with where to begin when they want to start their projects. Game development involves lots of learning, which means hours upon hours of research to ensure that the project is feasible. Thankfully there are also plenty of tools that can help speed things up as well.
    Unique Vehicle Controller is a lightweight vehicle controller tool that helps create semi-realistic car mechanics with ease, Based on a custom wheel collider, Suitable for Simulation / Parking Games.
    The Unique Vehicle Controller not only controls the behavior of the vehicle. It includes all the main features of the vehicle (Lights, Visual Effects, Sound Effects, Camera Behavior...)
    Unique Vehicle Controller also provides:
    • Desktop and Mobile support
    • Three drive types: All Wheel Drive, Front Wheel Drive, and Rear Wheel Drive
    • Anti-roll bar prevents the car from rolling over
    • Ackerman steering
    • Adjustable center of mass
    • Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
    • Power Steering (Reducing Steering Efforts Needed To Turn The Wheel)
    • Full Camera System
    • Full Vehicle Light System
    • Fuel System
    • Parking Sensors
    • Distance Remaining & Travelled Indicators
    • The most common units of speed: KM/H & MPH
    TUTORIAL VIDEOS:

PREVIEW
    VIDEOS:

• ABS System

• Light System

• Fuel System

• Parking Sensors

[Add-Ons]
    Other compatible assets:

Basics - Sound Pack includes a wide variety of typical and everyday automobile noises, making it the perfect choice for supplying the essential sounds for drive simulations and other applications that focus on cars.
    The Vehicle Basics - Sound Pack comes free with Unique Vehicle Controller.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Always nice to see other peoples vehicle systems, well done on getting it out. I would say though that your controls are the oddest I have ever come across in a driving game, S and Z for accel and brake, Q and D for steering, I think your demos would benefit from having the usual WASD and or Arrow keys instead.

3. DjameleddineMek

DjameleddineMek

Thank you so much for your feedback, I wasn't aware that this could be a problem for some and I'm so thankful you brought it to my attention. And I will definitely work to solve it in the next versions.