Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. kypronite

kypronite

I updated to latest UModeler(2.9.18-2) but problem still persist.
    I'm using unity 2022.1.8f1.
    Problem is I got thousands of Umodeler object in my scene.
    Deleting one by one and reloading each scene is a big problem for me.
    Is there any way to find out which umodeler gameobject is the root cause when error happens?

o_O

Update: okay i delete each umodeler object one by one and found some corrupt umodeler object.
    After deletething corrupted object.
    seem the problem now is resolved.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    UModeler likes this.
  2. UModeler

UModeler

I'm so glad to hear that your issue has been resolved!

3. JVimes

JVimes

Can I set vertex xyz position by typing numbers?

UModeler likes this.
  4. UModeler

UModeler

Hello JVimes,

Unfortunately UModeler doesn't have the function to move vertices to specific position by typing.
    Instead what about using V snap if what you want to do is to move the selected elements to other element?

https://umodeler.github.io/ElementGroup.html

Honeycam 2022-12-23 16-47-11.gif

5. Chironyx

Chironyx

I want to edit some WIP models, but when I import them to UModeler using UModelerize I seem to be unable to return them to their quad format by combining the triangles like the FAQ told me to do:

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried 2 different models and tried both selecting specific adjacent polygons & choosing all of them before trying to combine.

Edit:
    I think the issue might be that the triangles of a quad don't perfectly align in certain cases.

I tried it on the car model that comes with UModeler and combine mostly worked, but some polygons still stayed as triangles
    It seems that in order to make those triangle pairs a quad, I need to select both, click the "Flatten" tool and then combining works, without any real visual difference

This still isn't a solution though, as I'd have to go quad-by-quad, choose each pair, flatten and combine to get the model I want...
    I'm attaching a player FBX that I tried to use as an example, unlike the car, none of the quads on it can be combined from the get-go

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    UModeler likes this.
  6. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Chironyx
    In this case you can make the two triangles into one quad by removing the shared edge using the Eraser tool without flatting those triangles.
    This shows how to do it and see the online manual here - https://umodeler.github.io/RemoveGroup/EraserTool.html
    UModeler_EdgeEraserToolImprovement (1).gif

7. Bagazi

Bagazi

Is there any automatical method instead of removing them manually?

UModeler likes this.
  8. UModeler

UModeler

Unfortunately that doesn't have the automation tool yet.

9. Bagazi

Bagazi

What are the benefits by this operation?:)

UModeler likes this.
  10. Chironyx

Chironyx

Ah, brilliant!
    Combined with the mirror tool and orthographically rotating around my objects I can make them quad again in 1-3 minutes, problem solved, much appreciated!

Personally, this gives me a way to make my imported models quad again, which is easier to modify over triangles (for a certain reason, I need to tweak my models in Unity as part of my pipeline)
    For others, it would let you manually reduce the poly count on a model in a very quick way, sometimes reducing by hand rather than automatically decimating is a must if you want to preserve the appearance of the model.

UModeler likes this.
  11. knas01

knas01

Hi, this is what happens when you are in verts mode in ortho view and rotates the camera. It's pretty impossible do any editing like this. Is there a way to make the icons not scale when you rotate the camera?
    {A006CF57-6741-4DC1-8E92-85B3E89E9B19}.png

I downloaded the latest version today, it made the double transform handles bug return. It was not there in the previous version.

Also, is there a tool that helps in creation of cloth objects? Making creases and folds by moving each vert is not very efficient. If there isn't, I would like to suggest a tool that displaces verts when you drag over a surface.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    UModeler likes this.
  12. UModeler

UModeler

I'm so glad to hear that this feature was helpful in your work!

13. UModeler

UModeler

What is the double transform handles bug? Could you explain it?

Regarding the different size of the selection cube, we'll take care of it so that they look like same size even in iso mode.

14. knas01

knas01

UModeler likes this.
  15. UModeler

UModeler

16. knas01

knas01

Immediately and every time I start editing an object.

17. UModeler

UModeler

That's weird.While I used the latest version this issue hasn't occurred. What unity version are you using?
    See this. Honeycam 2023-01-20 16-48-54.gif

18. Kamyker

Kamyker

Hi, how do I disable notification text pop-ups?

UModeler likes this.
  19. knas01

knas01

I'm using 21.3.15, but I don't think Unity version matter here. I did some testing and removed all the files and reimported everything again. That fixed the problem.
    This happened when I updated from the previous version, so I think whatever happened it was the cause of the update process.

UModeler likes this.
  20. dev_project

dev_project

Hi, thanks for your great tool. It's very helpful for the types of operations I need when adjusting 3rd party models.
    However, I'm having issues exporting the adjusted model.
    I have adjusted the UV of the polygons I've added via UModeller:
    upload_2023-1-22_12-20-48.png

I then export this model as OBJ via UModeller and import it into another Unity project, where, unfortunately, the UVs still look the same as before my changes in UModeller:
    upload_2023-1-22_12-23-3.png
    What am I missing here? Should I bake the UVs somehow? Thank you.

UModeler likes this.
  21. dev_project

dev_project

One more question. I read in the FAQ that you don't support run-time APIs but what about the APIs available through the DLL within the Editor?
    It would be really great to be able to automate some of the actions via the C# scripts (e.g. some basic pipelining of the operations like you can do in 3D modelling tools using python). Thanks.

UModeler likes this.
  22. UModeler

UModeler

If the notification means the commentary displayed on the scene view every time you do something, you can disable it on the Settings like this.
    commentary.jpg

Kamyker likes this.
  23. UModeler

UModeler

I'm so glad to hear that it's been resolved just by reinstalling after clening up files.

24. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @dev_project
    How did you export and import the model?
    Did you export it as .obj using the Export tool in the UModeler?
    If you described the steps in more details, it would be helpful in finding the reason of this issue.
    When I tested the export tool to export the model whose UVs are modified using UV editor, it's been made sure that it worked as shown below. exportobj.jpg

25. UModeler

UModeler

Officially we don't support UModeler C# API in both editor and runtime. But if you want to use the API, you can use them in editor because they are located in the editor module.

26. dev_project

dev_project

Sure, see the steps below:
    1. Select the object
    2. Select the face
    3. Use "UV Tool" to move the UVs
    4. Tools -> UModeler -> Export as .Obj
    5. Open another instance of Unity
    6. Import the exported OBJ file prefab into the scene
    7. Observe that UVs have not been updated

I'm attaching a gif demonstrating the issue

Attached Files:

UModeler likes this.
  27. adamgolden

adamgolden

So.. UModeler isn't currently findable in Asset Store (except by going directly to the page, like from a notification). If you type "umodeler" into the search box, there are 14 results, and only the Lite version and is displayed. I signed out before making this screenshot, https://assetstore.unity.com/?q=umodeler
    umodeler_unsearchable.png
    The top/recommended result for "umodeler" is a "MudBun: Volumetric VFX & Modeling" asset.

UModeler also isn't listed or findable by searching in Package Manager (although the Lite version and "expansions" are). I had to open it by clicking "Open In Unity" from the Asset Store website after getting to the page from the notification about the update,
    umodeler_in_store.png

Then, upgrading to the version released today doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's just me or everyone.
    umodeler_upgrade_issue.png

Clicking Re-Download fails with the message displayed, but I tried with other assets and this doesn't happen with them, and to upgrade the button usually says "Upgrade" instead of re-download unless I already have the latest version.

I already tried closing Unity, signing out of account from Hub then back in, then opening Unity again, with same issue.

UModeler likes this.
  28. UModeler

UModeler

Okay, we'll look into this issue. Could you try to export it as .obj using the Export tool instead of the menu item?
    https://umodeler.github.io/MiscGroup/ExportTool.html upload_2023-1-26_19-12-37.png

29. UModeler

UModeler

I've reported this issue to the asset store so hopefully it'll be resolved shortly.

adamgolden likes this.
  30. dev_project

dev_project

UModeler likes this.
  31. adamgolden

adamgolden

- It's now visible again in search results on the Asset Store.
    - It's now the recommended asset/top result when searching for it.
    - It's now visible in Package Manager when searching for it.
    - The button in Package Manager now says "Update" again as it should.
    - Clicking Update downloaded it without any errors.
    - The update installed without errors.
    :)

UModeler likes this.
  32. knas01

knas01

If you import a model into Unity and then convert it to Umodeler, each polygon becomes it's own UV island. How do I merge the polygons back into islands again(the UV layout is still correct but triangulated)?
    I can't mass mark all the edges and press sew, since that does nothing, and clicking on each line individually and then sew is not possible if the mesh has many thousands lines.

33. reinfeldx

reinfeldx

I'm having an issue where primitives made with UModeler have edges/verticies that aren't connected. Is this expected? If not, what might be the issue and how can I fix it? I'm using Unity 2022.2.5.

Unity_O4gf8sAzDv.gif

A second attempt with a new capsule:
    Unity_sfNPlCn1oQ.gif

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    UModeler likes this.
  34. UModeler

UModeler

reinfeldx likes this.
  35. UModeler

UModeler

36. castor76

castor76

Was wondering if it is possible to create in-game - runtime modeling tool using this asset?

Can we? Is there runtime API? And possibly support for runtime gizmo support?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    UModeler likes this.
  37. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @castor76
    I have replied to your questions on the Discord server, and I wanted to reiterate that it's not possible to use UModeler at runtime because its architecture is designed solely for the editor.

38. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

After updating to the latest uModeler version, I get this set of errors any time I select an object and functionality completely locks up. As soon as I deselect the object, the editor returns to full functionality and all editor UI panels reappear.

Any idea what is going on here? I've tested in the same Unity version on an empty project and this doesn't occur, so I assume it may be something in my project causing it, but some direction as to where to look would be helpful.

upload_2023-4-15_15-31-9.png

UModeler likes this.
  39. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @AaronVictoria,
    Is your UModeler version 2.10.6? and what version of UModeler did you use before updating?
    And could you also share the call stack of the first error?
    If this errors are happening after updating to 2.10.6, I'll send you 2.10.5 version of UModeler.

And are the prefabs with a vertical bar on the left UModeler prefab instances?
    prefab_instances_in_hierarchy.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  40. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I and using 2.10.6, and those are prefab instances. The interesting thing is, the game this is happening in is a friend's game that is sharing the exact same framework that I use in my game. Each of those prefabs that you highlighted are the exact same as the ones in my game, and I don't have any errors when selecting objects. I had him send me a copy of his rain particle prefab "Rain(withoutDrops)" as seen in the scene above, and I put it in the same file directory as his and put it in the same hierarchical position in my scene, and still didn't have that error occur when selecting an object.

I'll be installing the update you sent to me later tonight and will return to let you know my findings.

41. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Ok just checking back in to confirm that the 2.10.7 update has resolved the issue.

UModeler likes this.
  42. UModeler

UModeler

Sounds good! We've updated UModeler to 2.10.7. Thanks for reporting it.

43. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Hi all

Just wondering why there is no online manual available with latest release of Umodeler?
    When I click on the manual link either from within the asset or from the website, it takes me to the github page and says it can't be found?

Thanks

UModeler likes this.
  44. UModeler

UModeler

Hello CaptCanada,
    It seems that the changes made to the GitHub settings yesterday had an impact.
    Fortunately the online manual page has been restored now :)
    https://umodeler.github.io/index.html

45. ecarter

ecarter

is there any posibility to export to fbx too? and modify fbx or obj objest with these tool?

UModeler likes this.
  46. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @ecarter,
    You can convert general meshes imported into Unity as .fbx or .obj into UModeler editable meshes using UModelerize.
    See this video -

47. Mikenseer

Mikenseer

Heya! We're using uModeler to do Vertex Coloring as we use RGBA vertex color data to color our models, and the Alpha channel determines emission. uModeler is so much easier than Blender for vertex coloring so we love it, but we haven't been able to export models with the vertex color data correctly. The documentation doesn't say much except
    "
    Export Vertex Colors RGB channel is added to each vertex. This format doesn’t guarantee compatibility according to a program where .obj is loaded.
    "

Any ideas? Even if we needed some model viewer program as an interim step, it would be good to get the vertex color data into Blender.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    UModeler likes this.
  48. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @Mikenseer

I'm so glad to hear that UModeler is helpful in your work.
    What type of file format are you trying to export as? .obj?
    We'll look into this isseu to check if vertex colors are exported well.

49. Mikenseer

Mikenseer

Thanks! And yes we exported .obj. As far as I've seen the only export options are .prefab and .obj? And we checked the "export vertex colors" box.

The vertex colors do work well in Unity though!

50. UModeler

UModeler

Just like you did, vertex colors can be exported as an .obj file using UModeler's export tool. However, keep in mind that Vertex Color isn't officially supported in the .obj format (Wavefront Object File), which is why Blender versions 2.8x and below don't support it. That being said, the more recent Blender 3.x versions have started to support the import of vertex colors from .obj files. So please check if your Blender version is 3.0 or above.

Blender 2.81 - https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.81/addons/import_export/io_scene_obj.html
    Blender 3.6 - https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/3.6/files/import_export/obj.html#importing