Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. UModeler

UModeler

Does it happen all the time? It hasn't been reproduced in my test. See how I tested in the following video.
    UModeler_FlipToolTest.gif

2. andyz

andyz

Sorry I meant Axis Flip on a new cube, selected face - but I'm finding if I press menu buttons without the right thing selected or I multi-press it can lead to errors. Like make a cube and then just click the axis flip a load without selecting a polygon - does the console start filling with errors for you?

Also a corner case! - if you load up a project and you had the UModeler window open then it can start fully open with all controls, even if no UModeler object in the scene (maybe because I did not save scene?).
    Clicking buttons then leads to console errors, nothing more.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    UModeler likes this.
  3. andyz

andyz

Can I just delete the cache of this plugin (which I can't find BTW)?
    Has anyone logged this bug with Unity?

UModeler likes this.
  4. andyz

andyz

test2.gif

UModeler likes this.
  5. andyz

andyz

Bevel on a box can be tricky if more rounded bevel wanted?

It is an incredible tool BTW, just noting any issues!
    bevelbox.png

UModeler likes this.
  6. UlfvonEschlauer

UlfvonEschlauer

Thanks for the reply! That is a pity! Any chance you will support skinned meshes in the future?

UModeler likes this.
  7. UModeler

UModeler

It can be reproduced. We'll fix it asap. Thank you! For now you can avoid this error by toggling off Display Polygon Preselection in the Preference window.

Can you share a screenshot or something like that?

andyz likes this.
  8. UModeler

UModeler

Unfortunately beveling a vertex with multiple segments isn't supported. Technically we hasn't found a solution yet.

9. UModeler

UModeler

We don't have plans to support a skinned mesh because UModeler was designed for editing a static mesh so it would need many changes to support a skinned mesh.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  10. UModeler

UModeler

11. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone

UModeler 2.8.2f2 has been released for hot fixes as listed below.

• Fix : Fixed Null Reference Exception when Open button in the inspector is clicked.
    • Fix : Fixed typos of tooltips etcs.
    • Enhancement : Supported converting a quad-based mesh using UModelerize.

12. Wolfos

Wolfos

I imported Umodeler in a near-empty Unity 2020.3 project (using URP). Created a box using the box tool, and now it's throwing this error every frame:
    DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '{Wolfos's awesome project directory}/Temp/RoslynAnalysisRunner'.
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) (at <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0)

This was fixed after going into and exiting playmode.

UModeler likes this.
  13. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Wolfos,
    Okay, aren't there any other plugins in the project? It doesn't seem to be because of UModeler
    judged by the error messages.

14. Wolfos

Wolfos

No, this is the only plugin for now. Haven't really encountered it again though. Seemed Umodeler related at the very least, since it triggered it.

UModeler likes this.
  15. UModeler

UModeler

티져1.png

The Medieval Town - Vermilion : New 3D package modeled with UModeler will come to you soon with UModeler 2.8.3.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  16. knas01

knas01

Hi, there are 2 things I have questions about.

First, when you select a polygon in iso it looks like this. If you move the camera it flickers and is very annoying. Is there a way to fix that? This is in URP.

Second, you can see 2 transform handles in the pic. Is there a way to disable the one for the object position? I only want it to show when the object tool is selected.
    {3A7EB67F-7E66-4DB0-AF9B-18030C62BFB8}.png

UModeler likes this.
  17. UModeler

UModeler

Hello knas01
    We'll look into the flickering issue in ISO.
    What version of UModeler are you using? As far as I know, displaying two gizmos was fixed before. FYI the current version of UModeler is 2.8.2f3.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  18. knas01

knas01

@UModeler That's the same version I use. It's a new project and I installed Umodeler for the first time in it yesterday.

19. UModeler

UModeler

20. mick129

mick129

Hello,

A pre-buy question.

I need to modify the UV of some trees that I have made and would love to do it inside Unity, can your tool help me to modify existing fbx?

UModeler likes this.
  21. UModeler

UModeler

Hello mick129,
    Any mesh in the MeshRenderer component can be converted to UModeler mesh (This is called UModelerize) and can be modified with UModeler. Therefore you can load .fbx mesh in Unity and convert it to UModeler mesh to be edited.

mick129 likes this.
  22. ravin5432

ravin5432

Hello everyone; I just got v2.8.3 on the sale. It looks cool but after install if I hit any key I get floods of errors.
    ArgumentException: Getting control 10's position in a group with only 10 controls when doing KeyUp Aborting!
    I do see the menu under tool is listed and I see the GUI hot keys, so it looks like its working, but it is conflicting with Unity's native layout.
    Using v2019.4.4f1 of Unity.
    Is there a step I missed with install? Is this fixable? Without a fix Runtime hangs on the errors.

UModeler likes this.
  23. UModeler

UModeler

Hello ravin5432
    Have you tried it in a new project with only UModeler plugin?

24. ivarsson2

ivarsson2

Hi!
    I'm currently evaluating UModeler for a new project. So far it seems like a really nice tool but this project requires manual control over normals.
    It normal editing possible in the full version?

Cheers,
    / M

UModeler likes this.
  25. Zebbi

Zebbi

Should I leave Umodeler scripts on prefabs and objects I'm using in scenes? Is it more performant if Umodeler is removed for the objects? Also, do I need to create a mesh asset for anything, or would creating a prefab be good enough for most cases?

UModeler likes this.
  26. Xiperius

Xiperius

- Assets : Includes The Urban Buildings demo pack to showcase Hotspot Texturing feature.
    - Feature : Added the Hotspot Texturing.

Thank you for this!

UModeler likes this.
  27. UModeler

UModeler

Hello ivarsson2
    Thank you for considering UModeler for your project.
    Does editing normals mean Weight Vertex Normals like this - http://www.bytehazard.com/articles/vertnorm.html?
    Unfortunately UModeler doesn't have capability to edit normals yet.
    It would be helpful if you explained what the normal editing looks like.

28. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Zebbi,

If you remove UModeler component, .asset file should be created for reference beforehand.

But you don't need to create .asset file for a prefab because UModeler component creates a mesh for the mesh renderer.

Regarding performance UModeler components are automatically excluded in building if Don’t Save In Build property in Local Settings tool is enabled : https://umodeler.github.io/MiscGroup/LocalSettingsTool.html

Usually UModeler component is just for editing in editor so it isn't needed at runtime so you don't need include UModeler component in building.

For this reason UModeler doesn't affect the performance at runtime normally.

Zebbi likes this.
  29. UModeler

UModeler

You're welcome. We hope that this cool feature will be useful for many UModeler users :)

30. Zebbi

Zebbi

Thanks! So best practice is probably just to leave UModeler script on all objects unless there's a specific reason to remove Umodeler or create a mesh?

UModeler likes this.
  31. cranecam

cranecam

upload_2021-4-25_18-1-10.png

how can this settings window be fixed?

UModeler likes this.
  32. UModeler

UModeler

What version of Unity and UModeler are you using?

33. cranecam

cranecam

Hi it looks ok now in latest uModeler version

UModeler likes this.
  34. UModeler

UModeler

We've developed Hotspot Texturing feature and it's available in UModeler 2.8.3f2.

Mauri and thelebaron like this.
  35. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone
    Blacksmith - new 3D asset package modeled with UModeler will come to you in the UModeler upcoming update.

poster4.png

Mauri likes this.
  36. DGordon

DGordon

Can this create a 3d mesh from a 2d image? IE: Id like to take an image of a bush, or a tree, and have it extrude that picture so I can have it on the front and back, and put a cardboard texture on the sides, to make it look like a game piece.

UModeler likes this.
  37. UModeler

UModeler

Unfortunately UModeler doesn't have a feature to convert a 3d mesh to a 2d image. Probably you could use other assets to do that with UModeler.

38. UModeler

UModeler

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  39. cranecam

cranecam

Hello, why is umodelerize making such nasty polygon edges to my various meshes?

upload_2021-5-18_20-33-54.png

UModeler likes this.
  40. cranecam

cranecam

another example.
    upload_2021-5-18_20-35-34.png

UModeler likes this.
  41. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone

We've released UModeler 2.8.4f1 for hotfixes.

A few bugs you reported here recently have been fixed in this update.
    And we've made a new tutorial video to show you how to make a building with inside as well as outside.

We hope you'll like it.
    Enjoy UModeler!

UModeler 2.8.4f1 changelist.

- Assets : Includes [Blacksmith] demo pack.
    - Enhancement : A function to select overlapping polygons has been added to the Diagnosis Tool.
    - Fix : Fixed a bug where vertices/edges/polygons aren't selected in the Isolated mode (Shift + H).
    - Fix : Fixed a bug where UVs move suddenly when a vertex moves. The UVs are transformed in UV tool.
    - Fix : Fixed a bug that caused the scene's pull-down menu to close immediately when the UV editor is on.

42. thelebaron

thelebaron

Thank you so much for the hotspot feature, its really amazing! If I could make a request: A checkbox/dropdown to lock rotation and option to lock selection so when clicking apply hotspot, can cycle through and give more control for hotspotting

UModeler likes this.
  43. UModeler

UModeler

Hello cranecam,
    It seems that there are some issues in the triangulation modeule.
    Could send the mesh files to which the umodelerize is applied via email (contact.support@tripolygon.com) so that we could test?

44. UModeler

UModeler

The Hotspot texturing has the "Apply Select Hotspot" button in the Hotspot Layout tool. With this you can assign UV faces withtin a specific UV layout.
    https://umodeler.github.io/HotspotTexturing.html#using-apply-selected-hotspot

45. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

My artists are having this issue when Post-Processing is enabled and I thought I'd drop it here:

upload_2021-5-23_22-2-59.png

All edge lines render making it difficult for them to select ledges or faces, occasionally. Here is how the same show looks with Post-Processing disabled:

upload_2021-5-23_22-5-23.png

As you can see the edge and face locations are easily identifiable when post-processing is disabled. We're using Post-Processing Stack V2 (3.1.0) and Unity 2021 (2021.1.7f1). All default packages and no custom camera effectors or other image effects in the stack outside of Unity's. Here is a look at the overrides used:

upload_2021-5-23_22-27-10.png

For the moment, the artists are just toggling the entire effects functionality using the effects button at the top of the scene view window. The odd thing is, if they disable the entire post-effects gameobject itself, nothing changes. If they go into the effects dropdown and disable the "Post Processing" alone, nothing happens. They have to fully toggle the effects off from the effects button, or they have to fully delete the post-processing gameobject or the component from the gameobject to return the visibility of the edges and faces to a manageable rendering appearance.

Hopefully this helps and a solution is available, because they've continued to complain about it for quite a while and I'm just getting around to posting the details here.

UModeler likes this.
  46. UModeler

UModeler

Hello AaronVictoria,

Sorry for a late reply. These days I'm too busy to deal with user's feedback. Usually this is a high priority, though.
    Anyway the edge rendering is done with GL functions in Unity. Maybe this way seems to be affected by post processing. We'll take care of it asap and give you answers. Thank you for reporting it!

AaronVictoria likes this.
  47. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

That's perfectly fine; I understand fully. The product has grown exponentially since the time I purchased it so I expected feedback to have bloomed significantly by now. Keep up the great work, because this product has made development so much easier on my crew and I.

48. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Aaaron,
    We're taking care of this issue.
    In the past a user had the same issue and he revolved it by turned on "Shaded Wireframe" as a workaround
    223.png

49. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Ahh very nice! I will have my artist give that a try.

UModeler likes this.
  50. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Just as a follow-up, one of the artists on my team said that the same thing is true of ProBuilder. So I tested out his report and as he affirmed, toggling image effects on creates the same effect in that tool set. I figured you'd probably find some solace in the fact that this is some kind of native implementation and is nothing cause by any coding implementation of your own. They've both resorted to toggling image effects off completely while working, so that is their current chosen workaround for this issue.

UModeler likes this.