Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. UModeler

UModeler

I'm so glad to hear that. Actually we managed to get some solace when we found that ProBuilder also has the same issue. This seems like an issue from the Unity. But in the future we are going to change a way of drawing outlines so that it won't be affected by the post process effects. Thank you for letting us know!

2. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

Heya,

Playing around with UModeler and liking it. However, I find selection of faces, edges and vertices to be very inconsistent -- especially edges.

It mostly works when I'm working with an isolated object, but if I am working on a scene with lots of objects, then selection often just doesn't work. What's odd is that edges / faces / vertices highlight correctly when I hover over them, but left clicking to actually select doesn't work.

Is there a way to fix this? Perhaps increasing the "fudge zone" for clicks?

TIA!

3. UModeler

UModeler

This bug caused by what we changed in the previous update. Currently we've fixed it and the new version of UModeler won't have this bug. It'll be available soon becuase we submitted the new version yesterday :) Thank you for informing.

4. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

That's great to hear thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the update.

As a follow up: where is a good place to make feature requests / suggestions?

UModeler likes this.
  5. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

The selection issues still seem to occur, again most noticeable in edge selection, but they are still very much there. The latest updated didn't seem to fix anything :|. When can I expect an update that will address this? TIA!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  6. UModeler

UModeler

The new version was uploaded yesterday. What version of UModeler are you UModeler?
    If yours is not 2.8.4f5, please update UModeler one more time.

7. UModeler

UModeler

These days users have been giving us feedback and suggeations via Discord.
    https://discord.com/invite/Pfct3hf

8. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

I see. I updated over the weekend and given you're message assumed that was THE update :). Let me update again today and see how it goes. Thanks!

UModeler likes this.
  9. UModeler

UModeler

Hello guys

New demo asset called Ancient Dungeon modeled with UModeler in Unity has been released with UModeler 2.8.5.
    And some minor changes have been done in this update as shown below.

• Assets : Includes new Ancient Dungeon demo pack for 2.8.5 users
    • Fix : Fixed PushPull tool bug where null exception error happens when a polygon is pushed until the end.
    • Enhancement : Added a shortcut for Select Only Visible in Element Tools. The default one is CTRL + SHIFT + V
    • Enhancement : Added a shortcut to toggle on and off Triangulation in Settings. The default one is CTRL + SHIFT + 1
    • Enhancement : Added a shortcut to toggle on and off Restrict To Angle in Settings. The default one is CTRL + SHIFT + X

Enjoy UModeler!

10. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler is 50% OFF at Unity Asset Store Now!!

Visit here to get one at a half price.

11. smhwang_unity

smhwang_unity

★ UModeler Best Review Event ★

92번 파일형식.jpg

Hello everyone.

We hold "Best Review Event" for our users.

▶ Three Best reviewers will get a ProArray asset.

ProArray developed by BennyKok is one-stop lightweight solution for level prototyping and array modifier for UModeler.
    ProArray along with UModeler will make your level design a breeze!

You can check out ProArray via the link below.

▶ 20 Lucky reviewers also will receive one 3D Asset modeled with UModeler they want.

Please leave the review for UModeler in the Unity Asset Store and post the screenshot on the UModeler discord channel.(https://discord.gg/xVYhWSAq)

We look forward to your participation in this event.

▶ ProArray Link
    : https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...y-array-prefab-placement-array-modifier-95677

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  12. UndyingSpite

UndyingSpite

Question: Is it possible, to convert a model into a UModeler object, to tweak it? An option that ProBuilder has.

UModeler likes this.
  13. UModeler

UModeler

Yes, you can convert any static mesh to UModeler mesh using UModelerize tool.
    See this.

14. Falondrian

Falondrian

Hello,

UModelerSettings.get_snapSettings() takes up 800ms of my time to enter play mode (19 seconds total) in Unity 2020.3.14. Hoping for a fix.

UModeler likes this.
  15. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Falondrian,

How many UModeler objects is in your level? Are there lots of them?
    Does it still happen in the empty level?

Thank you for letting us know.

16. Falondrian

Falondrian

Hi this is with 0 umodeler objects. In my experience these enter-playmode delays come from assets scanning through the entire project - and my project is quite large.

UModeler likes this.
  17. Riskun87

Riskun87

Hi,

Is there a way to move a Vertex/(Line/Polygon) to a relative position to the 0 point of the object? The only thing that I find is the Distance field which let me exactly move a point/multiple points in one direction to the last position. It would be great if there is a way to set the exact value of x/y/z position relativ to the zero point of the object or maybe also relativ to the global position.

UModeler likes this.
  18. UModeler

UModeler

How large is your project? If there is no UModeler object in the scene, UModeler doesn't affect your memory usuage. Can you profile while playing and check the result?

19. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Mattlock,
    You can move the selected vertex to 3D cursor which will be positioned by typing in Cursor Window which will be displayed by toggling on Cursor Window property in Settings window.

1. Enable the 3D cursor.

2. Display Cursor Window in Settings window.
    1.PNG

3. Type a position to locate the 3D cursor.
    2.png

4. Select a vertex.

5. Click on Move to 3D cursor button in the inspector.
    3.png

Riskun87 likes this.
  20. Falondrian

Falondrian

I didnt say anything about memory usage, just that when entering playmode the function UModelerSettings.get_snapSettings() gets called which somewhere deeper in its callstack does too much stuff. To get to it: do a deep profile of the editor, hit play, wait until play mode entered, stop profiling and check the callstack of the large spike that enter playmode usually creates.

UModeler likes this.
  21. UModeler

UModeler

Could you share a screenshot showing the callstack including UModelerSettings.get_snapSettings()?

22. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone

Finally we selected the 3 reviews out of 40 you shared for the summer sale as the best reviews.

To be honest it was very very hard to pick the 3 best reviews because every review is valuable and sincere. So I would have loved to give away everyone to the best review gift.

But we have only 3 voucher codes of the ProArray asset sponsored by @BennyKok so we couldn't help selecting only three reviews. I hope you'll understand this.

Thank you everyone for writing the reviews and loving UModeler!

BestReviewsResult0.jpg

23. HumStuff

HumStuff

Hey there. New user here, trying to model a complete scene/level with UM.

My question is - when and how should I save the mesh filters that are created? I've built tens if not hundred(s) of objects. What's the best way to save those mesh filters to .asset files?
    What consideration should I take when saving those?

Thanks

UModeler likes this.
  24. UModeler

UModeler

Hello HumStuff, I put an answer to this question in discord - https://discord.com/channels/496255145693282305/499790792366227457/879195814147260447

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I check discord more frequently so you can get replies faster there than here.

25. LT23Live

LT23Live

@UModeler So i have an issue where when i double click any face the UVs for that face stretch out enormously.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    UModeler likes this.
  26. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @LT23Live, Did you probably ask this question in the discord? Double-click unwraps a polygon. This is called Auto-layout. So the uvs seems to change. I'm thinking about how to change UI of the auto-layout like CTRL + LMB double click etc.

27. kypronite

kypronite

@UModeler

Is there setting to turn off
    upload_2021-9-26_13-56-4.png
    in scene window ?

I installed UModeler but I only want to show up UModeler overlay only when I'm using it.
    Right now it showing UModeler overlay in top center in scene window everytime I startup unity.

cheers

28. UModeler

UModeler

Hello kypronite,
    This can be toggled on and off in the preference as shown in the following image.
    preference_toolbar_onoff.png

kypronite likes this.
  29. kypronite

kypronite

thanks, toolbar can be hidden now:)

UModeler likes this.
  30. mrthebino

mrthebino

Hey there,

first of all. I'm loving umdeller! I'm using it for all my level building stuff.

Recently I wanted to optimize my game because the FPS were dropping hard so I started using occlusing culling from unity. And I didnt get it to work for days until now that I might have found a serious bug in modeller. Maybe it's the way I'm using it or I'm missing something.

So, here's the explanation in pictures via the occlusion culling visualization in unity:

upload_2021-10-26_23-40-56.png

the same cube but cut with the loop tool to apply two textures on a side
    upload_2021-10-26_23-50-25.png

now all the props to the right and the wall in the back are getting rendered which should be occluded! This effect happens to me with all loop tools, line tools etc. Either the occlusing culling from unity doesn't know how to handle the umodeller meshes or it's a serious bug in umodeller. Well, there's also the option that I'm using umodeller the wrong way or missing some step. Some help would be really great.

Version used of umodeller is 2.8.7

UModeler likes this.
  31. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Bino, I missed your quesion here but fortunately you gave this question in the discord.
    https://discord.com/channels/496255145693282305/655295241661841418/902669603078037554
    We'll take care of this issue soon. Thank you!

32. UModeler

UModeler

33. atmuc

atmuc

How can I hide and show some polygons? I have a room model and I want to hide the ceiling polygons when I edit inside.

UModeler likes this.
  34. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

There is a loose switch somewhere in the Umodeller system. The instructions say to select something then select a tool but the tool selection unselects to selected. I even rebooted the pc.

UModeler likes this.
  35. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

I could use an explanation of this:
    Is it a problem to have Umodeller and Probuilder installed at the same time?
    This is just a Umodel
    upload_2021-11-11_4-2-9.png

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    UModeler likes this.
  36. UModeler

UModeler

Hello atmuc,
    Unfortunately UModeler doesn't have a function to hide polygons. Instead you could select polygons and detach them to a separated object using the Detach Tool to exclude selection.
    Detach Tool : https://umodeler.github.io/RemoveGroup/DetachTool.html

37. UModeler

UModeler

Hey Giantkiller, It's good to see you here. It seems because your scene view is isometric view. In the isometric view mode the mesh and the oulines couldn't be matched as shown in your image. It could be resolved if the scene view was perspective view.
    We'll take care of this issue.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  38. UModeler

UModeler

you already said to us in the discord. I would like to figure it out. Could you tell us how it is reproduced? with a video clip would be nice.

39. atmuc

atmuc

Unfortunately, this is not a good workaround. Accept that as a feature request :) Hiding polygons are used very often on the modeling process.

UModeler likes this.
  40. UModeler

UModeler

I accept it! Thank you for the feedback ;)

41. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I use Amplify Shader Editor for all my shaders. Does UModeler work well with it?

UModeler likes this.
  42. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Johnny,
    Of course, you can use Amplify Shader Editor along with UModeler smoothly because UModeler mesh can have any materials.

43. Discmage

Discmage

Really liking the Umodeler on my first play through! I was just wondering if there is a way to turn of the 'slightly' raised faces as a UI interface? I find they are more detrimental to the experience than helpful...unless they are what is used for selection sort of thing...which I get. But just selecting the face itself, rather than the panel hovering above it would be a great option :)

More for interest sake...would a model that is made with UModeler have exactly the same load as an equivalent model imported from Blender etc.? Is there any extra overhead to the objects, or is there something I need to do to make sure that tehre isn't (lock the model for example?)

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to using it in future builds.

44. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Discmage.

Regarding the second question, basically UModeler components are excluded when building your project. If you concern about UModeler increasing your project size, you could remove all UModeler components in the final stage. UModeler creates a mesh in the meshfilter so it doesn't cause overhead at runtime.

As for the first question, do you want to move a face slightly up precisely? If so, with pushpull tool you can type lengh in meter after pushing or pulling - https://umodeler.github.io/AddGroup/PushPullTool.html
    Also in the Polygon Tool you can type the legnth as well.
    upload_2021-11-19_17-18-35.png

45. Discmage

Discmage

Actually, the second question was more so at runtime, eg. does a UModeler mesh take any longer to render per frame than a mesh made in Blender, I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd check.

The 1st question was not modeling, but UI. Each polygon has a slightly raised polygon for selection purposes? So you have a face, and then a face slightly 'above' that face. If that makes sense. Is there anyway I can hide that raised UI face as I find it more complicated than it needs to be sort of thing. Or perhaps even lower that UI selection face to be 'on' the polygon so it's cleaner?

46. UModeler

UModeler

Even though there is a UModeler component, rendring it doesn't take any longer than rendering a a mesh object without UModeler component because UModeler component doesn't affect the Unity rendering.

Regarding the face overlay(or also called UI) issue, I'm sorry to say that it is intended in order to avoid z-fighting between the face overlay edges and the real mesh. We haven't able to resolved this issue for a long time. Usually this situation is noticable when a mesh is small so we think that this is not a serious issue.

47. Discmage

Discmage

Fantastic in regards to the rendering load :)

Thats unfortunate about the UI, thats the only thing that I find a little frustrating (especially in some small use cases) But I can understand that it isn't an easy fix. Could you possibly have an option (a settings toggle perhaps) to have the face (overlay) not visible at all and we can just use the dots of faces for reference? Would there still be z-fighting on edges only as well? Just a thought :) Other than that, finding the asset super useful. The automapping functionality is great too! Saves SO much time!

UModeler likes this.
  48. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for understanding the situation.

You can disable the face overlay by togging off "Display Polygon Preselection" in the Preference.

upload_2021-11-26_20-0-1.png

And I'm so glad to hear that UModeler can save your time!

49. Kingblade

Kingblade

Hey! I came by this comment by googling possible solutions to the same problem.
    It seems like this is still relevant in the newest umodler release.

To be more precise, when I instantiate a prefab that contains Umodler the mesh itself doesn't seem to load properly, causing not only a bug where you can't see the mesh but also physics-related issues (because the mesh colliders don't have a mesh loaded to it as well).

Do you happen to have a temporary solution, and is it going to get resolved in an upcoming update?

UModeler likes this.
  50. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone

New Year Sale has started. UModeler is 50% OFF from Dec.13th during this sale.
    The Review event continues until the end of this sale.
    And we've released UModeler 2.8.10 with the MOONGLOW VILLAGE Demo package.

This demo package will be provided only for this New Year sale so don't miss out on updating your UModeler.

Version 2.8.10 - December.1.2021.

• Asset : Includes the Moonglow Village Demo Package for 2.8.10 users.
    • Fix : Fixed an issue of Flatten tool where unnecessary Edit mode was enabled.
    • Fix : Fixed a null exception error occurring as UV unwrapping tools like Plane, Cube etc are executed when no object is selected.
    • Fix : Fixed an issue where Shift+LMB clicking the UV Editor that is already selected didn't work to open in its documentation page.
    • Fix : Fixed an issue where a highlighted edge was obscured.
    • Fix : Fixed the Seamless Edit mode issue where Closed UModeler object and disabled UModeler object were selected.
    • Fix : Fixed a crash issue which occurred as being undone after being cut using the Cut tool.
    • Fix : Fixed a smart snap issue where the cursor wasn't snapped well to the closest a vertex or an edge in a large UModeler object.
    • Tweak : Added a new toggle in the Preference window called Disable popping up the About window to disable opening up the About window as UModeler is updated.
    • Tweak : Changed Angle property name to Angle Along Y Axis in the Mirror tool.
    • Enhancement : Added a new button called Select by Select Polygons to select a smoothing group which includes the selected polygon.
    • Enhancement : Added a new button named Cancel in Mirror tool to revert changes that are made in Mirror mode.
    • Enhancement : Added a new button named Auto Smoothing in Cylinder, Cone, Spiral Stair, Sphere and Capsule tools to create smoothed surfaces.

And check out the new demo video of the Moonglow Village.

post_seo.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Mauri likes this.