Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. redmotion_games

redmotion_games

When moving a face on a uModeler object, I want to extend or extrude along the objects normal and lock it to one axis. Which is straightforward enough. But there seems to be no way to snap to the vertices of other objects in the scene.

How is this possible?

(Using Unity 2019.4.8f1)

2. UModeler

UModeler

Hello redmotion_games,
    Normally a face can be moved along a face normal or one of 3 axes of the translation gizmo etc. And the selected elements' pivot location can be snapped to other vertices of any meshes in the scene by moving the vertex holding "V".

And UModeler has 1D snapping which locks an axis to one axis. It acts by moving the translation gizmo holding Ctrl.

You can see more info here - https://umodeler.github.io/ElementGroup.html

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  3. UModeler

UModeler

This is a teaser poster of Witch's Caludron modeled with UModeler. It's coming soon!

Zimnel likes this.
  4. knas01

knas01

Hi, just wondering, how do you close triangle holes?

5. UModeler

UModeler

Hello knas01,

You can fill a hole by selecting edges or vertices of it and running the Bridge Tool as shown below.

UModeler_FillHoles.gif

Bridge Tool manual - https://umodeler.github.io/AddGroup/BridgeTool.html

6. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Everyone

UModeler 2.8.0 has been released. This is the first update in 2021 so we've prepared a special demo pack called Witch's Cauldron modeled with UModeler.

The space is a witch's lab to make potions. The large cauldron is at the center of the room and there are many books on the shelf and various materials are hanging. It seems that the witch left her hat in the lab. I hope you will enjoy the interesting atmosphere.

This update includes only one change as shown below.
    • Fix : Fixed UV disappearing bug as UModeler objects are duplicated

Zimnel and johaswe like this.
  7. knas01

knas01

@UModeler Thanks, that's what I did, but it didn't work. Maybe because it was next to a n-gon? I also checked the manual and it says it has to be more than 3 verts selected or unconected lines to use the bridge tool. But you just showed that it works so maybe I'm mistaken.

UModeler likes this.
  8. UModeler

UModeler

If you shared a video about how you did I could figure it out.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  9. knas01

knas01

@UModeler Sorry, I can't reproduce it. This was the first time I used UModeler and I had converted a mesh made from an other asset to clean it up. So it was full of n-gons and triangles (the anti triangulation is pretty great btw), and I split the polygons to create quads and one face got deleted.
    I'm used to 3d programs and they usually have a tool called cap or close hole or similar for these things, but I could only find the bridge tool so I tried it out. But it didn't work and with what the manual said that I mentioned above, I thought I used the wrong tool.
    But now that I try, it works every time. Thanks.

UModeler likes this.
  10. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler 2.8.0f2 for hotfixes has been released. This update contains the following changes.

1. Fixed Loop Selection bug where it didn't work on the cap polygon of beveled shape.
    2. Fixed a Parallel tool bug where repeating the previous action by the LMB Double click made an incorrect parallel edge.
    3. Now the mesh .asset folder which you used recently is restored when you save your mesh as .asset.
    4. Fixed a renaming issue of Polygon Group tool.

I hope you'll enjoy UModeler!

2 (2).jpg

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  11. stychu

stychu

Does uModeler expose an API so it can be used from scripts and at runtime?

UModeler likes this.
  12. UModeler

UModeler

Hello stychu,
    You could use some APIs of UModeler at runtime by looking into dll files but using API at runtime isn't official so we can't support it.

13. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Quick question, is it possible to combine meshes and have the textures combined in a single texture atlas?

UModeler likes this.
  14. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Lars,
    UModeler provides the mesh combination but texture combination to make a single texture atlas isn't supported.

15. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Would you consider adding that in a future update? Thanks

UModeler likes this.
  16. knas01

knas01

Hi, some questions.

Is it possible to merge verts by dragging one onto an other? This is something that's very useful and I miss having it.

Being able to merge verts on the last one selected is very nice, but how do you use it if you mass select? It always merges on the wrong one.

UModeler likes this.
  17. UModeler

UModeler

I think supporting texture atlas is out of UModeler. Are there any cases about this in other 3d modeling tools?

18. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Here is a way to do it in blender for example, it increases performance because you can use one material for multiple objects hereby saving drawcalls

UModeler likes this.
  19. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Knas01,
    Using Combine tool you can combine the selected vertices to the last one.
    Or Vertex snapping holding V key will enable you to snap a vertex to the other one as shown below.
    UModeler_VSnapping.gif

knas01 likes this.
  20. knas01

knas01

@UModeler You didn't have to trouble yourself creating an animation for that. Thank you.

UModeler likes this.
  21. UModeler

UModeler

Okay, We'll look into this. Thank you for sharing it.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  22. UModeler

UModeler

This a teaser poster about the a 3D demo scene modeled with UModeler. This asset pack will be included in the upcoming UModeler update.
    t1.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Zimnel, elaradi23 and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  23. Bagazi

Bagazi

upload_2021-2-1_10-50-23.png

Sometimes I use redo for cancel operation will interupt unity for a while. Is it normal?

UModeler likes this.
  24. UModeler

UModeler

Hi everyone

UModeler 2.8.1 is now available. The changelist is as follows.

• Assets : Includes the Turtle Ship demo pack.
    • Enhancement : The existing Move, Rotate and Scale gizmos have been replaced with the Unity Move, Rotate and Scale Handles.
    • Enhancement : Length of every selected edge has been displayed when Local Overlay is on.
    • Enhancement : Length of every edge consisting of the selected faces has been displayed when Local Overlay is on.
    • Enhancement : Arc’s overlay info has be upgraded.

We hope you'll enjoy UModeler!

Zimnel and elaradi23 like this.
  25. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Bagazi,
    How many polygons does the mesh have? Judging by your sceenshot I think interrupting can't happen because it doesn't seem to have many polygons.

26. Bagazi

Bagazi

Yeah, there are not very many polygons. I remerbered I did many operations of Umodeler,would it be responsible?

UModeler likes this.
  27. Bagazi

Bagazi

Anyway, when I rebuild it totally,the problem gone. But in this way maybe I must abandon the previous .

UModeler likes this.
  28. Bagazi

Bagazi

Is there any kind of vetex color for material in Umodeler? For example ,if I want to paint my model by pure yellow color, should I create a yellow color material or there is another way?

29. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler has a material which supports vertex colors but it doesn't have a standard shader so it isn't affected by lights. So if you want to color a polygons along with light effects, you have to create each material per color.

Or as far as I know ProBuilder has a material which supports both vertex color and standard shader. So you could try it.

30. UModeler

UModeler

Hello, today we've done a hotfix update whose version is 2.8.1f1 because the new gizmo system had some issues when a UModeler object is rotated so we fixed it as soon as it was found.

31. Bagazi

Bagazi

Yeah ,probuilder have it,and what I appreciate most is that probuilder have a visual picker window ,which makes easy to choose or modify color.
    upload_2021-2-4_0-0-43.png

UModeler likes this.
  32. Bagazi

Bagazi

What is the best way to learn Umoderler quickly and steadily ? I dont know but maybe there are plenty of tricks and experiences. For news,how to dig and grasp them as quickly as possible ?

UModeler likes this.
  33. Xiperius

Xiperius

Have you ever considered implementing hotspotting UV mapping for Umodeler? The workflow is already fast and easy, but with hotspotting UV option it will be even faster.

UModeler likes this.
  34. Bagazi

Bagazi

upload_2021-2-5_1-28-12.png

How to combine those two polgons into one? (They are not on the same plane,so maybe combine tool does not work).,I supposed to add a slice to cut the bottom ,but the slice itself is not regular,given the bottom is irregular I guess.

UModeler likes this.
  35. Bagazi

Bagazi

I use vetex align tool to make the two nearly coplanar:D,I am not sure cause combine tool still does not work...

upload_2021-2-5_1-41-12.png

UModeler likes this.
  36. UModeler

UModeler

First of all, there are video tutorial videos with narrations here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CkypDeNXwOnEeFrPU3BHQ. They will help you to get started.

Second, Utilize online documents and tooltips of each icon. These include all functions of UModeler so they give you very detailed information of the tools.

Third, every time you have some questions feel free to ask here or discord channel(https://discord.gg/VH4yR8R). I or other users will give you answers.

Bagazi likes this.
  37. UModeler

UModeler

Vertex Color Tool and Polygon Color Tool of UModeler also have color pallette and color pickers in it as show below.
    VertexColorTool_colorpallette.png

Here are the documents about them.
    Vertex Color Tool - https://umodeler.github.io/SurfaceGroup/VertexColorTool.html
    Polygon Color Tool - https://umodeler.github.io/SurfaceGroup/PolygonColorTool.html

Zimnel and Bagazi like this.
  38. UModeler

UModeler

Of course. We are aware that the hotspotting texturing will be very helpful in UModeler so we also have plans to make it. We'll share the progress when we start to implement it.

Zimnel likes this.
  39. UModeler

UModeler

Bagazi likes this.
  40. Bagazi

Bagazi

Is it anyway to export Umodeler as prefab with all of its children? I mean by this operation would strip child's umodeler script as well. For my experience, the Umoderler script still remains.
    upload_2021-2-6_19-29-37.png

upload_2021-2-6_19-34-31.png

Zimnel and UModeler like this.
  41. UModeler

UModeler

Hi, UModeler component in a child object isn't removed when you make a prefab. You have to remove each UModeler component manually.

Bagazi likes this.
  42. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone , Finally we've released UModeler Lite. This is a free version of UModeler and includes key features of it. With only UModeler Lite you can prototype your level and model 3D shapes with ease. If you are hesitant to purchase UModeler, we recommend that you try the Lite version first. Here is an overview video of UModeler Lite.

And asset store link - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/umodeler-lite-133081

elaradi23 likes this.
  43. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone

UModeler 2.8.1f3 version has been released. Now it's available.

The changelist is listed below.

• Assets : Includes the Turtle Ship demo pack.
    • Enhancement : Added the Hand Tool (Q Key) in UV Editor.
    • Enhancement : Added Alt+RMB Move to Zoom in/out in UV Editor
    • Fix : Fixed not being able to move 3D Cursor using the move gizmo.
    • Fix : Fixed overlapped polygons after UV unwrapping and using LoopSlice Tool.
    • Fix : Fixed Hand Tool (Q Key) not working on the edit mode in the scene view.
    • Fix : Fixed a bug where double click for loop selection didn’t work when the cursor is on a gizmo.
    • Fix : Fixed Select Only Visible not working on edges.

Have fun with UModeler

update3.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  44. UModeler

UModeler

New 3D package called DREADNOUGHT with UModeler 2.8.2 is coming soon!
    티져4.png

45. UlfvonEschlauer

UlfvonEschlauer

Hello!
    Before purchasing this asset, I would like to know whether it is possible to edit skinned meshes with it without destroying the rig, weightmaps, etc. I have had some issues with that in external 3D software (lost animations, lost skinning information and lost vertexmaps among other things. So I considering UModeler to tweak some character assets that I have. Can it be used for that (ProBuilder seemingly can't).

UModeler likes this.
  46. UModeler

UModeler

Hello, unfortunately UModeler doesn't support a skinned mesh. Only a static mesh is supported.

47. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone , UModeler 2.8.2 has been upload in half a day since it was submitted .

As being announced earlier a new robot asset called Dreadnought is included exclusively in UModeler 2.8.2. This demo is super cool. Every mesh has been modeled with UModeler and all textures have been crafted with Surforge asset. Namely about 95% work has been done within Unity. This was a very incredible experience.

I hope you'll like this update as well.

The changelist is as follows.
    - Assets : Includes the Dreadnought robot demo pack.
    - Enhancement : Supported collaborating with the Surforge asset.
    - Fix : Fixed not being able to select vertices on the mirror plane in Mirror mode.

The demo video is here.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  48. andyz

andyz

If you import 2.8.2 to 2020.2.1 then it still says 2.8.0, so is a 2020 build missing?
    Also it is not clear how to fix the materials in it for URP (or HDRP)

A bug:
    Select a face and click flip axis in tweak tools and you get a spew of errors: TPUModelerEditor.SelectTool.PreselectPolygon etc

UModeler likes this.
  49. adamlegg

adamlegg

Hi i have imported the latest version into 2020.2.2 but i cant see the Dreadnought. Am i missing something?
    uModelPic.png
    Thanks

UModeler likes this.
  50. UModeler

UModeler

It seems like there is Unity Package Manger cache issue. This can be resolved by clearing up the the cache folders.
    > https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-cache.html

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021