Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

I can't get Umodeler stable in any 2019.4 versions either
    Start new Blank 3D project.
    Import Umodeler.
    Create Umodeler Object
    Click "Directional Light" in scene
    Click back on "Umodeler Object" in scene
    Instant Unity hang.

Is there an official Unity version this works for please?

[EDIT] After leaving it to hang after a few minutes I get this error in the console...
    Code (csharp):
    2. StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
    3. System.String.Concat (System.String str0, System.String str1, System.String str2) (at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0)
    4. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadProperty (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, System.String parentPropertyName) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    5. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadObject (UnityEngine.Object obj, System.String default_name) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    6. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadProperty (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, System.String parentPropertyName) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    7. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadProperty (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, System.String parentPropertyName) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    8. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadObject (UnityEngine.Object obj, System.String default_name) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    9. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadProperty (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, System.String parentPropertyName) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    10. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadProperty (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, System.String parentPropertyName) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    11. TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.LoadObject (UnityEngine.Object obj, System.String default_name) (at <f8b9e02f13c946e2ad0790db26da3f2f>:0)
    12. ...Repeats continuously...
    [/EDIT]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

I don't know why but it's working today in 2019.4!! :confused:

2020.1.6f1 is still buggy.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. UModeler

UModeler

Could you save the mesh from UModeler as .asset by pressing "Save" button in the Mesh Filter component before removing UModeler component?
    See this - https://umodeler.github.io/overview.html?highlight=meshfilter#meshfilter-component
    I think Bakery might need a mesh with .asset.

4. UModeler

UModeler

Hello MrMetwurst2,

This is very weird. Does this still happen even when you don't use URP on Unity 2020.1.6f1?

As far as I tested it is made sure that It works fine on Unity 2020.1.6f1 as shown below.

umodeler_on_unity2020.1.6f1.PNG

I'm sure that you've already tried to install UModeler asset in the empty project.

5. DGordon

DGordon

Heya. Is this product still actively being developed? I'm looking to use it in HDRP with the latest version of Unity (2020.X). Just checking before 120bucks ... I've used probuilder for years but looking to try to create some more interesting towns / levels with less time, and this looks like it might fit the bill.

6. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

Get it here while you can!! :)
    https://www.humblebundle.com/softwa...1_c_unitygamesandgamedevassets_softwarebundle

UModeler likes this.
  7. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

Here's a video showing everything from scratch...

8. UModeler

UModeler

Hello,
    UModeler has been updated more than 25 times only this year.
    See the 2020 release note - https://umodeler.github.io/releasenotes_UModeler_2020.html
    and UModeler is more fit than probuilder to make 3D assets and prototype.
    and you can get UModeler at unbelievable price in humble bundle as MrMetwurst2 mentioned earlier. I hope you don't miss this chance.

frbrz and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  9. UModeler

UModeler

I can't watch the video because it is set to be private.

10. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

Sorry I thought the link would still allow watching.
    I've adjusted it now :)

UModeler likes this.
  11. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

I was having the same issue, but I wasn't able to update it properly, so I was stuck with the older version. (Unusable with 2020.1.x)
    err.png
    Submitted a bug report to Unity. :/

UModeler likes this.
  12. frbrz

frbrz

Last tutorials are very cool.

UModeler likes this.
  13. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for recording and sharing the video. That's very very weird, though. I'll look into it in the near future.

14. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Gekigengar,
    This bug has been reported by a few users including you. Have you tried to create a brand new project and install UModeler package singly? I think this bug is due to Unity Package Manager server.

15. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

I have found a fix through upgrading from Unity 2020.1.2, to Unity 2020.1.7f1
    Fortunately, the project I am working on can afford to upgrade my Unity to the latest version without any troubles.

I no longer see the error from package manager, and I can fetch the latest update without any problems.
    Thank you for asking!

UModeler likes this.
  16. UModeler

UModeler

This is very useful information. Thank you for sharing it!

17. RidingFor

RidingFor

I am also seeing this on 2020.1.2f1, can't do more than a few operations before it freezes up. You can see memory in Unity continuously going up.

18. UModeler

UModeler

Hi jaminadams,

This sounds bad. We've tried to reproduce this bug but it hasn't been reproduced yet. So we need more info.

What UModeler version are you using?
    Does it happen all the time?
    Can you tell the operations you did before the freezing up?
    Can you show the console messages if there are?
    Can you test with another unity version?
    Didn't the freezing end up being released?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  19. RidingFor

RidingFor

umodeler.png

All I did was create rectangle then hit confirm, it eventually crashes and closes unity - no crash log, no console logs. Happens every time. Only happens on one of my unity projects. UModeler is latest version.

Interestingly if I do confirm action with spacebar (shortcut) it is fine, but hitting the button causes the freeze.

UModeler likes this.
  20. UModeler

UModeler

Can I ask you to try with Unity 2020.1.7f or 2019.4.11f1(LTS)?

Edit : and Can you try with an empty project even without progrids?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  21. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

Seems similar to the error I'm having in my video.
    Error isn't always the same but happens way too easy.
    And it totally locks up Unity.

Haven't tried with 2020.1.7f yet.
    Will give it a crack soon and let you know.

22. RidingFor

RidingFor

2020.1.8 also has issue, I did try other projects/empty projects on the same build and they were fine - it's just my main project.

I have removed progrids and probuild and it still has the issue.

23. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for your info. We haven't reproduce this bug but thanks to you we've found out very suspicious codes and handled it. This will be reflected in the upcoming update.

24. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler has ranked the second in the Unity Asset Store download chart, out of 63,000 assets.

It's topped the list of 57,000 paid assets.

After the Humble Bundle event, it went up one step by one step, and now it's up to this high ranking, beating the eminent assets.

It remains to be seen whether UModeler will be able to be No.1 beating Unity Standard Asset in the end.
    topdownloadedassets.PNG

johaswe, frbrz and Stardog like this.
  25. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Hi. The centering algorithm in the "Pivot To Center Tool" does not work correctly. Experiment with an equilateral triangular prism and you'll see what I'm talking about.

UModeler likes this.
  26. frbrz

frbrz

Congratulations. I really like this asset and Surforge. Both of you are my favourites.

UModeler likes this.
  27. UModeler

UModeler

Hi MikhaskoS,

Is probably a rotation applied to your UModeler object?

I've tested Pivot To Center Tool several times but I don't find out any issues in the tool. Could you explain it in more detail? It would be better with a video or screenshots etc.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  28. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that.

29. UModeler

UModeler

Hello
    UModeler 2.7.25 has been submitted so it'll be available with the new demo pack called The Pastel Town.
    Don't miss it.

30. UModeler

UModeler

31. UModeler

UModeler

I think this bug is fixed in UModeler 2.7.25. Could you check it out when you have time?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  32. RidingFor

RidingFor

I have tried out 2.7.25 and it is working! Thanks for the fast response and bug fix.

UModeler likes this.
  33. MrMetwurst2

MrMetwurst2

Thanks for the update guys.
    After some very quick testing seems to be stable now.
    :)

UModeler likes this.
  34. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler 2.7.25f4 Hotfix Update has been uploaded.

The Pastel Demo package is still included.

4 small bugs have been fixed as listed below.

• Assets : Still includes the Pastel Town Demo pack.
    • Hotfix : Fixed UV2 for lightmap not being unwrapped by ensuring that Unwrap params for lightmap are always valid.
    • Hotfix : Fixed unnecessary edges creation when multiple polygons are inset using the Inset Tool with Group setting.
    • Hotfix : Fixed smoothing groups not working in Mirror mode.
    • Hotfix : Fixed null reference error happening when more than 2 vertices in a polygon are removed with the Eraser tool.

Enjoy UModeler!

> https://www.tripolygon.com/post/umodeler-2-7-24f4-hotfix-update

update_hotfix3.jpg

35. DGordon

DGordon

Hello,

I'm using HDRP 2020.1.10f1. The default material is coming in as pink, and when I try to adjust the material it actually doesnt show anything in the inspector for it ... leading me to assume its corrupt. This is for at least half of the default materials.

Is this an HDRP issue on this version since its not officially supported, or a bug that shouldn't be here? If its a corruption issue, I don't see what the version should matter, but who knows :).

I would be happy enough with a way to replace those materials with others that works in the mean time if needed. Thanks!

Attached Files:

36. UModeler

UModeler

Hello DGordon,
    I've looked into it and found out that m_ObjectHideFlags is set to 2 in UModeler_Grid.mat and other problematic basic materials so it makes material params invisible in the inspector. You can resolve it by opening the material files in a text editor and setting m_ObjectHideFlags to 0 until we resolve it.
    UModeler_Grid.mat.png

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    DGordon likes this.
  37. GamertagYoureIt

GamertagYoureIt

Glad to see this thread is still active -- I see you can UModelize objects to convert them into a UModeler object. Can the reverse be done? Can I convert to UModeler object, make adjustments (remove some faces for instance) and convert back to normal object?

UModeler likes this.
  38. GamertagYoureIt

GamertagYoureIt

Also running into a strange issue where I combined several shapes to make this object (each "face" is a cube with vertices that been moved to look like ramps) which I think converted to UModeler. I removed all of the unnecessary edges and faces, but during runtime everything disappears except for one set of polygons.

I've tried refreshing the objects but that didn't work. Any advice?

Editor
    upload_2020-10-29_21-45-16.png

Runtime (removed black floor so you can see the object)
    upload_2020-10-29_21-46-11.png

UModeler likes this.
  39. UModeler

UModeler

Yes, by just removing the UModeler component you can return to the usual object.

40. UModeler

UModeler

That's weird. I've tried to reproduce it but I haven't been able to.

What version of UModeler and unity are you using?

It would be more helpful to resolve this issue if you shared your project or your scene via email or something like that.

41. UModeler

UModeler

Hurry up!
    If you don't get #UModeler 2.7.25 yet download it right now because the Pastel Town demo pack won't be available for free anymore after 2.7.26 being out.

42. UModeler

UModeler

update1.jpg
    Hello Everyone

Finally UModeler 2.7.26 is available.
    https://www.tripolygon.com/post/umodeler-2-7-26-with-neon-city-demo-pack

The releasenote of this update is as follows.

• Assets : Includes the NEON CITY demo pack.
    • Fix : Fixed an issue where UV2 for lightmap wasn’t generated due to the invalid default UV2 param in Preference.
    • Fix : Fixed unwarpped UV disappearing, after being mirrored using the Mirror Tool.
    • Fix : Fixed unwrapped UV disappearing, after Remove Doubles being applied and Undoing or Duplication by Ctrl+D
    • Enhancement : Export Tool - Supports exporting Multiple UModeler Objects to one .obj file.
    • Enhancement : Supports the Byte Stream to reduce the .unity file size and file diff, and improves the performance to loading/saving a level and switching between Play and Edit mode
    • Enhancement : Eraser Tool - Vertex deletion connects two adjacent vertices. It removed the polygon which contains the vertex before.
    • Enhancement : The Rect Gizmo in the UV Editor supports the proportionate scaling holding SHIFT.
    • Feature : Added Mirror Object Tool which duplicates and mirrors the selected UModeler Object.

And a new demo video is out as well. Enjoy watching the video.

43. UModeler

UModeler

44. UModeler

UModeler

teass3.jpg UModeler 2.7.27 is coming soon!

Ruchir likes this.
  45. Ruchir

Ruchir

Just curious if there are any sculpting features planned for UModeler?

UModeler likes this.
  46. Ruchir

Ruchir

It isn't on the roadmap?:(

UModeler likes this.
  47. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Ruchir,
    Unfortunately Sculpting feature isn't on the roadmap in UModeler because UModeler has been designed for the hard surface modeling. I hope you'll understand it.

Ruchir likes this.
  48. Ruchir

Ruchir

Can you make the default material that UModeler uses support vertex color because without it the prototyping with vertex and polygon color is hard as I've got no knowledge about shaders and I don't have AmplifyShaderEditor either, the one with VC support is UnLit so it can't be used for prototyping either
    It'll be a huge time saver :)

UModeler likes this.
  49. UModeler

UModeler

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  50. UModeler

UModeler

I was going to provide a material with the vertex color but Unity standard shader doesn't support it by default. So I considered writing a new shader code for it but I realized that managing the code could be an annoying task because Unity render pipeline changes frequently. So as a workaround you could use the probuilder's default material. As far as I know it supports vertex color with lit attributes and I think Unity will keep managing the shader code of probuilder's material.

Ruchir likes this.