Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Alic

Alic

That's awesome! It will actually help speed up my current workflow. Appreciate you letting me know even when it's been a while, now that I know I'll put it to use right away. Great work!

UModeler likes this.
  2. dl290485

dl290485

When I do a build, the mesh I made with Umodeler is missing. There isn't even a collider for it present. What can I do to debug this?

3. UModeler

UModeler

Have you tried "Refresh All" via Tools > UModeler > Refresh All? It will restore a meshfilter so that UModeler will be rendered. And we've found out that UModeler meshes disappear after deleting them and undoing and selecting one of them. This bug will be fixed in 2.7.6 which is going to be available in the upcoming update.

4. Gabyfle

Gabyfle

Wow, I just discovered this tool, it looks amazing ! Very good job from the developers !

UModeler likes this.
  5. UModeler

UModeler

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    thelebaron likes this.
  6. UModeler

UModeler

I'm glad to hear that! If you have any questions, leave them here anytime!

7. UModeler

UModeler

thelebaron likes this.
  8. thelebaron

thelebaron

Hi, just gave it a spin, really glad to have the uv option. Could those uv options also apply to new objects made with the new Umodeler Tool?

UModeler likes this.
  9. UModeler

UModeler

Hi thelevaron, Actually the default UVs set in Preference have to be applied to all of new polygons but as far as I've tested it now, it doesn't work as it should have been. This will be fixed in the upcoming update. Thank you for letting us know!

thelebaron likes this.
  10. UModeler

UModeler

EUl8IqNVAAEvz68.jpg

Now UModeler sponsors Game Jam hosted by Messy Coder. :) It would be great if you joined it to get many great assets!

11. MarkDasMagic

MarkDasMagic

Hi, it doesn't seem like this has been implemented yet. Are you still planning to do so?

UModeler likes this.
  12. morphinegames

morphinegames

Hey there - I just wanted to say I absolutely love this tool. It is a million times better than the alternatives. I do have one request however - can you please allow us to set the default grid snap settings? It seems like it forgets the grid snap settings randomly - maybe it's between play modes if you select a different object or something but I would love the ability to be able to pick a default that it always falls back to.

I am working on a project where we always want to snap to world grid and it keeps forgetting which results in me having to undo the changes that weren't snapped, make the settings change, do the changes again, test them in play mode and then repeat because it probably forgot snap settings after play mode.

Thanks!

UModeler likes this.
  13. UModeler

UModeler

Sure, I'm planning. To make an excuse I was going to implement it but has been busy fixing bugs and adding other feature. Recently one more programmer has joined with our team so he is going to implement it before long.

14. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you so much @morphinegames !
    I'll look into this issue!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  15. MarkDasMagic

MarkDasMagic

Good to hear

16. UModeler

UModeler

thelebaron likes this.
  17. Talthilas

Talthilas

Hi,
    Can UModeler be used at runtime?

UModeler likes this.
  18. cranecam

cranecam

Hi,
    after using the boolean tool to make some windows in a wall I can see the triangle lines
    (only one of them actually) shine through like a dotted line even after applying a material, how to fix this?

UModeler likes this.
  19. cranecam

cranecam

upload_2020-4-9_20-44-33.png

UModeler likes this.
  20. UModeler

UModeler

Hi porters,
    UModeler doesn't support the runtime use officially even though you can access some APIs for procedural mesh generation at runtime. And UModeler has been designed to be used only at editor so lots of functions regarding manipulating geometry such as bevel, pushpull, inset etc aren't available at runtime.

21. UModeler

UModeler

Hi cranecam, Can you select the dotted line? The edge seems to be able to be selected using the Polygon tool or Edge tool.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  22. cranecam

cranecam

no, it is from the middle of the mesh, after using the boolean tool, it "shines" through. Anyhow, I did it all over again and it went away.

UModeler likes this.
  23. videon

videon

Hi there, after updating Unity to 2019.3.9f1, all the UModeler models disappear on entering play mode. They're working perfectly fine in edit mode. Below you can see the error messages that are thrown after entering play mode. They're pointing at a script called UModelerEditorInitializer.cs.
    I have tried Tools/UModeler/Refresh all without any success. Unlike the message is indicating, read/write is enabled in the import settings for the models.
    upload_2020-4-14_11-19-8.png

UModeler likes this.
  24. UModeler

UModeler

I'm glad to hear that it has gone away!

25. UModeler

UModeler

Hi @videon,

I need more info to figure this out so I'll ask you some questions.

What version of Unity did you use before 2019.3.9f1?
    Was the level made with the version you used before 2019.3.9.f1 and loaded it in 2019.3.9f1? Does the error happen to every scene which has UModeler objects?
    Have you tried to create a new scene and make a UModeler box and enter the game mode to check if the error occurred?

26. UModeler

UModeler

27. videon

videon

Hi @UModeler,
    after updating to UModeler 2.7.9 the error messages pointing to UModeler disappeared. Taking a closer look and creating new UModeler objects made me realize that this problem appears with static objects and is not related UModeler but to updating the project itself. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the swift response!

UModeler likes this.
  28. ftejada

ftejada

HI @UModeler !!!
    UModeler work in HDRP?
    Regards

UModeler likes this.
  29. UModeler

UModeler

30. UModeler

UModeler

Of course. UModeler works very well with any rendering pipeline including HDRP.

ftejada likes this.
  31. videon

videon

Hi @UModeler, it's me again. After some more poking around, the issue appears to be related to UModeler after all.
    I was able to fix the problem by commenting out line 87 in the UModelerEditorInitializer.cs script as follows:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (state == PlayModeStateChange.EnteredPlayMode || state == PlayModeStateChange.EnteredEditMode)
    2. {
    3.     //EditorUtil.RefreshAll(false/*bOutputLog*/);
    4.     EditorUtil.DisableHasTransformed();
    5. }
    Here's the steps I did before finding above solution:
    • Disable all game objects in the scene
    • Enable game objects without UModeler script on it --> no error
    • Enable game object with UModeler script on it without static flag --> no error
    • Enable game object with UModeler script on it with static flag --> error occurs
    • Create a new UModeler script with static flag --> error occurs
    • Create a new scene with one UModeler object and static flag --> no error
    • Create a new scene with multiple UModeler objects and static flags --> error occurs
    When the error occurs, all static objects in the scene - including those without UModeler scripts on them - disappear.
    When the UModeler component is removed from the objects causing the problem, the problem disappears and everything renders normally.

The problem first occured when I upgraded my project from Unity 2019.3.7f1 to 2019.3.9f1, using an existing scene. The scene had originally been created with an older version of Unity, however, upgrading the projects to newer versions worked fine until now. It has already worked with Unity's new asset database. The problem also occurs in another scene that has been created before (from the same project).
    I did try downgrading the project to 2019.3.8f1 and 2019.3.7f1 but the problem persisted after the initial upgrade.
    Upgrading from UModeler 2.7.8 to 2.7.9 got rid of one error message (the one marked in my original post, linked below) but didn't fix the problem.

I've quoted my original post so it can be found more easily :)
    Hope this helps!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    UModeler likes this.
  32. dirfinyu

dirfinyu

Hi!
    When i export to .Obj it does not export material. Only export UModeler_Objectmat but it is no one of my 4 materials on the umodeler object. I can not give my object more than one material, beacuse at export occurs this problem.

UModeler likes this.
  33. UModeler

UModeler

Hello @videon,
    I've taken a look at this issue. The issue doesn't happen when I create a scene and make a UModeler object and make it static object and enter the play mode. This issue seems to be caused only when loading a scene which has been created on the former version. Can you send the problematic scene file which was created on 2019.3.7f1 at help@tripolygon.com so that we could test it out?
    This comment will cause the another mesh disappearing issue when the mesh gets selected on play mode. So I recommend that the line will be left.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  34. UModeler

UModeler

Hi dirfinyu,
    .mtl file contains all of material info. So if you export a UModeler object with 4 materials, the 4 materials' information will be listed in UModelerObject.mtl. You can check it out by opening the file with a text editor.

35. Elussian

Elussian

Hello @UModeler , what is about the push pull bug ?
    To me it didn't work at all I am using 2018.4.10 LTS and I have tried it on 2018.4.22 Lts same problem the push pull do extrude but not push pull. I see someone had already talked about this earlier but I don't know if it is planned to fix this tool.

Regards

36. UModeler

UModeler

37. UModeler

UModeler

Three types of V Snapping

1. Within a self mesh
    UModeler_VSnap_within_self_umodeler_object.gif

2. With any other UModeler object.
    UModeler_VSnap_with_other_UModelerObj.gif

3. With any other general mesh.
    UModeler_VSnap_General_Mesh.gif

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  38. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Elussian
    Doesn't PushPull work at all? How? This seems very serious.

39. zrrz

zrrz

Using 2019.3.10f1 hitting 'Revert All' on a prefab breaks things by overwriting the saved mesh with an old version and modifying all the other prefab instances in the scene. This is making this tool kind of unusable for me.

Also saving a prefab (either by making a new prefab or by hitting 'Apply All') with edit mode on make any other prefab instance switch to edit mode on and then makes a new model instance which breaks prefab dependency.

Honestly the whole experience of this tool working with prefabs kind of sucks, which is such a shame because I'm REALLY enjoying UModeler otherwise. I need a consistent way to make a change to a UModeler prefab in the scene and have all the changes properly propagate to all the other prefab instances in the scene.

40. UModeler

UModeler

Hello zrrz,
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing such an annoying issue.
    Honestly it is the hardest one to make the prefab with UModeler work well. We'll take care of the prefab system with UModeler intensively to provide a reliable prefab experience and reply to you soon. Until then I recommend you should use non-prefab UModeler.

- Jaesik.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  41. zrrz

zrrz

Glad to hear it is something you're working with. As I said, I really do enjoy the product otherwise and I'm excited to continue using it. I understand working within unitys prefab workflow is difficult, but unfortunately for what I'm doing, I can't use non-prefabs. As soon as you can give an update on this or an estimation for when it can be fixed, it would be super appreciated. Thanks!

42. UModeler

UModeler

43. Katzelschnurr

Katzelschnurr

Hi
    • Is there a way to convert selections? I need to set vertex colors of vertx in an edge loop. It is kind of frustrating, that my selection is disappearing when change to the Vertex Color Tool.. maybe it would be great to always convert selections when changing modes (including polygons)? In Blender this works perfectly fine...
    • In the ProBuilder grow selection tool there is an option "restrict to angle" - is something like that possible in UModeler?
    Best regards

UModeler likes this.
  44. UModeler

UModeler

Katzelschnurr likes this.
  45. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Katzelschnurr,

I agree that the selection converting or preserving selection when the tool is changed would be useful. And having "Angle" property in Increase(grow) selection tool would be good. So they have been added in the todo list to be implemented soon.

Thank you for giving us feedback.

Katzelschnurr likes this.
  46. Katzelschnurr

Katzelschnurr

After trying to integrate your tool in our workflow for a while now, this is almost a deal braker. (I am experiencing the same problems as zrrz)
    The modelling features are very nice, but working without prefabs in our production environment is almost impossible. There are work-arounds that involve unpacking and re-saving prefabs but they are messy...

Thats defenitely one thing ProBuider has managed to do well in comparison but I am looking forward to the day UModeler has solved this problem! :)

47. UModeler

UModeler

Hello,

As far as I tested prefab with UModeler I found out that usually it works fine as long as Prefab mode which is the exclusive mode for prefab isn't used. If you edit UModeler prefab in Scene view and click on Apply All or Revert All it will work as expected. But editing UModeler in Prefab mode causes breaking UModeler meshes. So I recommend that you should not use prefab mode for now.
    This is very difficult issue. It may be Unity problem but I'm not sure yet. I'll look into it further.

Edit : According to https://forum.unity.com/threads/probuilder-prefab-mode.621154/
    PB had also this issue but it is said that it was fixed. I have to find what cuases UModeler prefab mode issue.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  48. ArcherSS

ArcherSS

Hi, I have a question. Sometime the gizmos of the GameObject and the gizmos of the selected elements will display simultaneously, which is very inconvenient. I don't know what option I have toggled. So how can I hide the gizmos of GameObject when editing UModeler mesh?

UModeler likes this.
  49. Katzelschnurr

Katzelschnurr

Another Question:
    I have a custom shader and cannot see my texture in the UV Editor.. is there something i have to consider to be able to see, for example, the "MainTexture" of my material in the UV Editor?

EDIT: In fact it does not work with any material in my project... tested it in another and it works there... not sure whats really going on right now

EDIT2: Found the problem: the "UM Layer" in the default layer mask of the renderpiple was not checked. Now I can see the Texture in the UV Editor again.

So back to my original question :) Is there a way to display a texture of a custom shader?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    UModeler likes this.
  50. cranecam

cranecam

todays error from Umodeler: (unfortunately I get a lot of various error messages from Umodeler these days)

I simply want to pull the top polygon on the sides of a box with the push pull tool.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    TPUModelerEditor.CustomSizes.GetSize (System.Int32 selectIndex) (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.SnapSettings.get_moveSnapSize () (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.UModelerSettings.get_moveSnapSize () (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.Snapper.SnapPosImpl (UnityEngine.Vector3 pos) (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.Snapper.SnapPos (UnityEngine.Vector3 pos) (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.GetSelectedElementPivotPos (tripolygon.UModeler.ElementSet elementSet) (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.BaseTool.CreateGizmo (TPUModelerEditor.EGizmoType gizmoType) (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.TransformTool.CreateGizmo (TPUModelerEditor.EGizmoType gizmoType) (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.TransformTool.UpdateGizmo () (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.UModelerEditor.Update () (at <c5c3ab8ef1fc44ebadd55c2df57a2595>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)

UModeler likes this.