Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. muchitto

muchitto

Hello, awesome tool btw! Tried probuilder and csg solutions, but this really speeds up the level prototyping process!

I have one problem though, when I created a prefab from a umodeler model and single click the prefab in the project/asset window, this happens:
    bug.gif
    It stops that loading loop when you click something in the scene, though and produces an error:

I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f3

Assertion failed on expression: 'gForceReimports->empty()'
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    UModeler likes this.
  2. UModeler

UModeler

I've been aware of it. I'll take care of it soon. Thank you for reporting it!

3. Enzi

Enzi

Thanks for the constant updates! UModeler is very stable now when it comes to modeling.

One thing that's still bugging me is that once you use the UV editor and pan a texture around, the data gets reset when an adjecent vertex, edge or poly is moved.

Another thing, the default state of textures seem to be flipped around the y axis.
    I have this grid texture which should be readable but it looks like this:

upload_2020-1-18_4-17-53.png

when I flip the y tiling of the material to -1 it is correct:
    upload_2020-1-18_4-18-10.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    UModeler likes this.
  4. UModeler

UModeler

I don't know how to reproduce this. Can you show me with some gif or something like that?
    Okay, I'll take care of this.

5. Enzi

Enzi

6. UModeler

UModeler

rrahim likes this.
  7. UModeler

UModeler

I think invisible object bug and lots of prefab issues have been fixed in UModeler 2.7.1. Could you please check out whether they are fixed?

8. UModeler

UModeler

This bug has been resolved in UModeler 2.7.1 :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  9. UModeler

UModeler

I'm glad to announce that these UV bugs have been fixed in 2.7.1. Can you check them out?

Edited - 1 : UV Flip bug will be fixed in 2.7.1.1 whose package has been submitted today.
    Edited - 2 : Reset UVs property has been added in Vertex/Edge/Polygon tool properties. You should turn it off to preserve UVs while moving vertices.

10. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi,

First off, thanks again for such a great tool. I'm amazed what I can make with it.

The increment snap tool was exactly what I needed. Bravo.
    The t problem is fixed.

The UV invert and UV reset is still a problem (for me at least).

If I make a cube, set the UV scale to, for example 4 x 4, then edit the cube in any way eg. drag vertice or us the push/pull tool, it resets back to 1 x 1.
    This may be due to the auto tiling - which works great - but I need the base texture tiling size to be larger and it would be great to be able to edit the mesh with a larger tile size.

Clean project Unity 2019.2.11f1.

Thanks
    Cas

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    UModeler likes this.
  11. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Casanuda,
    2.7.1.1 which includes the UV Flip bug fix has been submitted today so it'll be available soon.
    Regarding resetting UV bugs a new property called ResetUVs has been added in Properties of Vertex/Edge/Polygon tools in the inspector. If you disable it, UVs will not be reset when you transform vertices using gizmos. PushPull tool will still reset UVs, though. I'll take care of it.

12. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi,

Will look out for 2.7.1.1
    Regarding the Reset UVs option, found it. Great stuff thanks. Adding it to push/pull would be awesome - is it possible to have the option for bevel aswell?

A few suggestions for your consideration:
    - I tend to change snap sizes a lot when modelling. What would speed up the workflow significantly is if I could change the "popular move snap size" in settings to my own. Also making the panel dockable would mean I can move it to one side and have it available so I don't need to continually show/hide it.
    - A bend object along spline tool would also be nice.

Sorry for all the suggestions - I just enjoy using this tool :)
    Thanks for the hard work
    Cas

UModeler likes this.
  13. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.

When I import UModeler, the Transform UI of Unity Inspector looks like an image.
    UModeler.jpg

When removing UModeler from Unity, it is fix.
    But I want to use UModeler!
    Are there any settings to use the original Transform UI?

Env:
    iMac2019 Mojave
    Unity 2019.2.10f1
    UModeler Version 2.7.1.1

Thanks.

UModeler likes this.
  14. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you so much for reporting this bug. I didn't notice it when I was working on 2.7.1
    As soon as I saw your post, I started to fix it and I've submitted version 2.7.1.2 package just right before.
    UModeler 2.7.1.2 will be available soon.

combatsheep likes this.
  15. combatsheep

combatsheep

Thanks, UModeler.
    I'm looking forward to updates.;)

16. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler2.7.1.1 to 2.7.1.2.jpg
    UModeler 2.7.1.2 has been released just right before. This update includes only a fix regarding the wrong display of Transform properties. This bug was caused in 2.7.1 by new codes about Transform Edit class to fix the invisible UModeler prefab instance which is located under non-umodeler object. But I didn't notice that this code changed the way of display of Transform properties in the inspector. Fortunately @combatsheep let me know about it so I managed to fix it in 2.7.1.2. Please get 2.7.1.2 asap if you already have 2.7.1 or 2.7.1.1

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    combatsheep likes this.
  17. combatsheep

combatsheep

Wow! Super fast!:)

It works fine with UModeler 2.7.1.2.
    UModeler_BugFix.jpg
    It was fixed.

Thank you, UModeler!

UModeler likes this.
  18. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for the helpful feedback. I put answers below.
    I think they could have Reset UVs as well. New polygons created using pushpull/bevel tools could have the same UV settings as adjacent polygons' settings.
    I'll think about how to make users customize Popular Move Snap size easily. This will be quite useful.
    I also agree that showing/hiding setting window whenever necessary could irritate users. I'll try to improve this process.
    This would be a new big feature. It's great, though. I'll add it in my feature list.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  19. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Yes it's now working. Many thanks!
    Cheers.

UModeler likes this.
  20. dl290485

dl290485

What is up with Umodeler making a Unity sphere look like a golf ball just by adding the script? Is this normal? Is something going wrong? Is there a way for me to smooth this out again? golfball.jpg

UModeler likes this.
  21. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.

I enjoy the UModeler:) and I have some questions and a request.

1)Can I use line tool with ISO perspective?
    When I try it, but black cursor disappeared and I can't put the vertex.
    IOS.jpg

> edit:
    Sorry. When I draw a surface at first, I can use the line tool on it with ISO perspective.
    drawLineToolWithISOPerse.jpg
    Maybe, if there is not the background surface, it is impossible to use line tool. Is it right?

2)I want to use "1D snapping" with CTRL key, but it doesn't work...
    https://umodeler.github.io/ElementGroup.html
    snapToAxes.jpg

3)Is it possible to put the "Refresh All" button on setting window?
    Setting.jpg
    Non surface shading sometimes occurs.(Just displaying collider green wireframe).
    But Refresh All command is not easy to access...(Tools>UModeler>Refresh All)

Env:
    iMac2019 Mojave
    Unity 2019.2.10f1
    UModeler Version 2.7.1.1

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    UModeler likes this.
  22. UModeler

UModeler

Hello dl290485,

Basically smoothing groups aren't applied to a UModeler mesh by default so you should add a smoothing group to make the surface smooth. It's very simple. The steps are as follows.

1. Select All Polygons using Select All tool or Rectangle Selection etc.
    2. Go to Smoothing Group Tool in Surface group.
    3. Click on Add Slot button.

UModeler_SmoothingGroupToolOnSphere.gif

If you want to know Smoothing group more, see this document -
    https://umodeler.github.io/SurfaceGroup/SmoothingGroupTool.html

dl290485 and combatsheep like this.
  23. Enzi

Enzi

Thanks! It's working!
    Is there a way to update older UModeler objects with the new flipped UV?

edit: Sorry, found something new. On my larger UModeler object, UV changes only update when I deselect the face. This wasn't happening on previous versions and it's not happening on other Umodeler objects, so it's a weird one. :(

If you find the time I could need some improvements on the polygon color tool. Namely a way to save/load colors and pick up on applied colors like it works with textures. Sometimes I forget which shade of grey I used, hehe.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  24. UModeler

UModeler

As far as I tested you can draw lines on the background with no surfaces in both perspective and orthogonal views
    UModeler_drawingline_in_ISO.gif
    1D snapping works with the Move gizmo holding CTRL.
    Instead you could use shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+E for refresh all.

combatsheep likes this.
  25. UModeler

UModeler

I don't understand what you said. As far as I know UV changes as soon as you edit UVs on UV tool.
    Good idea. I'll add these in the todo list. :)

26. Enzi

Enzi

Thanks!
    That's how it looks: http://www.enzenebner.com/vids/umodeler_uv.mp4
    It's a larger room, that's what I meant but I also couldn't fix anything with splitting/detaching most geometry.

UModeler likes this.
  27. dl290485

dl290485

Is it important to remove the Umodeler component on objects before doing a build? As in, does it add an un-needed overhead to runtime if the object has the component?

Also, if the above is true, is it enough to simple disable the component? Or would it have to be literally removed?

UModeler likes this.
  28. UModeler

UModeler

Good question. You don't need to remove UModeler components to exclude them in build. Instead just check if "Don't Save in Build" property is on in Local Settings tool. If it is disabled, please tick it on. Then UModeler components won't be included in build. See here - https://umodeler.github.io/MiscGroup/LocalSettingsTool.html
    If you want to use UModeler API to implement some procedural mesh at runtime, you will have to include UModeler component.

combatsheep and dl290485 like this.
  29. UModeler

UModeler

That's weird. As far as I tested out, I haven't reproduced it.
    Have you tried it on other polygons? and Does it happen to faces on just a box as well?

30. UModeler

UModeler

A new tutorial video has been uploaded. This covers Snap Basics. You'll be able to learn World Grid Snap, Increment Snap and Cursor snap in drawing tools. @l21zxib8tr0f33v3, Thank you very much for making it :)

combatsheep and rrahim like this.
  31. thelebaron

thelebaron

Hi, getting some errors in a23 and a24 of the latest unity alpha(these dont show up in a22, tested with a blank project)

UModeler likes this.
  32. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for reporting it. We'll look into it.

thelebaron likes this.
  33. UModeler

UModeler

combatsheep likes this.
  34. UModeler

UModeler

Can you check if this is fixed in the latest version?

35. Enzi

Enzi

Just tested, it says that "A unwrapped polygon can't be transformed" and I'm not having any poly in the UV editor either.
    Am I missing something how this works now?

36. UModeler

UModeler

Actually Unwrapped polygons have to be edited in UV Editor not UV tool. I think the polygons' uvs are somewhere in UVEditor. Can you try to select all polygons and cancel unwrapping in UV Editor?

Select All - https://umodeler.github.io/UVEditor/SelectionGroup/AllNoneSelection.html#
    Cancal Unwrapping - https://umodeler.github.io/UVEditor/UnwrapGroup/CancelTool.html

Hexalted likes this.
  37. Enzi

Enzi

UModeler likes this.
  38. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler 2.7.3 is out. If you want to know what has changed in this version please click the following link.
    > https://www.tripolygon.com/post/umodeler-2-7-3

With this version UV Editor has become more easier to be used.

Enjoy UModeler

Update_2.7.3.jpg

combatsheep likes this.
  39. UModeler

UModeler

Could you test it with the latest UModeler?

thelebaron likes this.
  40. thelebaron

thelebaron

I think its fixed everything, no more errors. Thanks again! :D

UModeler likes this.
  41. thelebaron

thelebaron

Is there any eta on the feature I requested for default uv scale option? :)

UModeler likes this.
  42. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone,

UModeler 2.7.4 has been released! UModelerlize has been improved and box overlay bug for element selection happening when a mouse cursor move between game view and scene view has been fixed. If you want more info about them, click here - https://www.tripolygon.com/post/umodeler-2-7-4

Update_2.7.4.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  43. UModeler

UModeler

Hello, I've found out that the issue was queued in the todo list. It'll be handled in the near future.

thelebaron likes this.
  44. kiamvdd

kiamvdd

Hey, love the tool! It's really sped up my workflow for blocking out scenes.

However, there's a few features / options which I'd like to have but I haven't been able to find.
    1. Ignore backfacing polygons when selecting; when making a closed level it can be hard to select a wall for example because the backfacing polygons are allowed to be selected, blocking me from selecting the polygons behind them.
    2. On the same note, being able to select polygons that are behind other polygons would be nice, the way you can click multiple times in 3ds Max to cycle through each polygon under your cursor.
    3. A vertex snapping / alignment tool, allowing easy alignment of vertices, edges and polygons with a given vertex. ProBuilder's vertex snap tool which you can activate by holding V is a good example of this.
    Like I said, I haven't been able to find these options / features if they are available. If they are, how can I access them? If they're not, I suppose this is a feature request :)

Thanks!

UModeler likes this.
  45. UModeler

UModeler

Hello kiamvdd, Thank you for using UModeler. I put my answers to your feedback below.
    I also think that backfaced polygons should be excluded in selection. I put this in the todo list.
    That's a good idea. This would be very useful. I usually call this deep selection. This also will be implemented in UModeler.
    I've also been considering Vertex snapping pressing 'V'. This will be added soon. Actually UModeler has 1d snapping to snap the selected elements to a vertex at which a mouse cursor is pointing. But it is limited to only one axis. 'V' snapping is done by moving elements using the move gizmo pressing "CTRL". See here - https://umodeler.github.io/ElementGroup.html

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  46. kiamvdd

kiamvdd

Thank you for your quick reply! I'd love to see those features added so I'm happy to hear they're on the to-do list.

I've tried holding control while moving elements around, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to activate 1D snapping. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the feature is bugging out for me.

Edit: It does seem to work now, but doesn't seem to snap to the vertex the way I'd expect it to. It always seems to be off a little, and it depends on how I angle my camera (with the best results in one of the isometric views).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  47. UModeler

UModeler

This is 1d snapping which may not be what you've expected. This aligns an axis among x, y, z depending on which axis of the move gizmo you are dragging.This is also useful in some cases. It is different with 'V' snap behaviour, though. We've added 'V' Snap implementation to the todo list. It would be a very cool feature.

48. UModeler

UModeler

thelebaron likes this.
  49. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Alic,
    From UModeler 2.7.4 each normal vector of the original mesh is preserved after umodelerizing. It has been a long time since you let me know about this issue :). Sorry for the delay.

Alic likes this.
  50. UModeler

UModeler

In 2.7.5 back faces can be ignored in editing by toggling "Select Only Visible" property on in the inspector. This makes
    level design much more convenient.