Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Enzi

Enzi

Hello!
    I ran into this bug:

Ignore the pink texture, it's the default Umodeler grid texture in HDRP and I've not changed it when importing the newest update.
    The already set materials on the faces are set back to the default umodeler grid texture and it's also reflected in the material editor.

2. Enzi

Enzi

More on that bug. It's also happening (materials resetting to default mat) when the UV is moved.
    Surely a trivial bug but very annoying right now. :(

3. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Enzi,
    Did you install HDRP package and create a HDRP asset and assign it to Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings in Project Settings/Graphics? I found out that HDRP causes some material issues with UModeler, which probably looks like the bug you reported.

4. Enzi

Enzi

Yes, as I've said it's in HDRP. I've used it quite some time now and I never had this behaviour before the update.

I've 2 assigned materials in the UModeler material list:
    - default Umodeler grid
    - some tile texture
    after moving UVs or the case above it turns into:
    - default Umodeler grid
    - default Umodeler grid

Are you able to fix this?

5. UModeler

UModeler

Of course. This has to be fixed. I'll take care of it as a top priority.

shikhrr likes this.
  6. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

When a 3D Model is U model-irized, and the UV is scaled, it doesn't update unless it is clicked. So assume I pull the green gizmo, nothing happens, and when I click, it updates. Sometimes, the UV disappears.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  7. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

UV Editor -> Settings -> Enable Snap (on):

FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    System.Number.ParseSingle (System.String value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

If selected Rectangle and UV Tool (in UV Editor) - double-click on the vertex set coord: (-infinity, infinity). I think it has to do with localization too.

I recently started studying at UModeler.
    In it it is possible to assign ID of materials for export (Substance)?
    There are problems with displaying the material in the scene, but I don't know yet if it's my errors or UModeler.

There is not enough key to refresh the screen.
    Cut tool does not work in orthographic projection (very useful tool, but hard to get used to it).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. UModeler

UModeler

Hi UnityRocksAlt,
    Did you probably edit UVs with UV tool after UModelerizing? In this case you had to use UV Editor. UV tool is only available when polygons aren't unwrapped. But a UModelerized mesh has unwrapped UVs by default. So I think you should use UV Editor instead of UV tool. UV Editor can be opened by clicking on "Open UV Editor" button in UV tool or via Tools > UModeler > UV Editor.

I'll make a warning message brought up in the UV tool if the selected polygons' UVs are unwrapped.
    And polygons' UVs can be unwrapped using Plane Unwrap tool or Cube Unwrap tool in UV Editor.

9. UModeler

UModeler

Hello MikhaskoS
    I tried to put answers below to your questions but I'm sorry that I wasn't able to put proper answers to some questions. Please give me more info about the questions.
    Sadly I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. What version of Unity are you using?
    I'm using Unity 2019.2.1f1 to test it.
    Hmm. Did you mean you selected a rectangle polygon and double click on a vertex in UV Tool? I need more description to understand.
    I'm sorry I don't understand your question. Materials assigned to UModeler is set to MeshRenderer component. And I haven't handled material ID concept. Could you explain it more?
    Do you mean "Refreah All"? If so this is a good idea. I'll make a hotkey assigned to Refreah All menu item.
    I found it just right before. This has been added in the todo list. And I also agreed to some degree that cut tool isn't easy to get used. I'll enhance the usability.

10. Enzi

Enzi

Any update on this?

11. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Enzi, I'm sorry to delay handing this. Now I've been working on this issue. I can reproduce it like you. I'll fix it today! Thank you for reminding me.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Enzi likes this.
  12. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Thanks for the answer. Sorry for my English. My Unity 2019.2+. I send image to Contact.Support@tripolygon.com

PS. This error was reported on 10 feb 2019. I think it depends on the language of the operating system (for example 0.125 != 0,125).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  13. UModeler

UModeler

Today I've fixed some bugs as below.

Version 2.6.17
    - Fix : Fixed smoothing group polygons going away after undoing.
    - Fix : Fixed wrong material assignment and losing mouse focus while transforming elements using a gizmo (@Enzi)
    - Fix : Fixed stopping creating the first box by dragging. This also caused losing the mouse focus.
    - Fix : Fixed some polygons missing after entering the game mode.

2.6.17 package has just been submitted so it'll be available in a few business days.

Don't be disappointed if your issues are not fixed yet because I'm planning to update UModeler as frequently as possible for the next a couple of months.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Willbkool_FPCS and Enzi like this.
  14. Enzi

Enzi

Awesome! Thanks!

15. Loards

Loards

Hi! im testing and found some issues still, so just reporting them.

FAces are missing just randomly, they appear when selected an disappear later.

upload_2019-10-11_15-45-42.png upload_2019-10-11_15-46-0.png upload_2019-10-11_15-46-18.png

Also, the problem when saving scenes with Umodeler, the editor freezes depending of the amount of assets with the umodeler component. What we are doing right now is to uninstall umodeler when we are not editing meshes, so we don't wait 20+ minutes saving the scenes. this is happening even in new projects.

Thanks best.

16. UModeler

UModeler

2.6.17 is now available. Could you check this bug using the new version of UModeler?
    I've sent you an e-mail about this bug. Please check it out.

Thank you for reporting!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  17. UModeler

UModeler

Hotfixupdate_2.6.17.jpg
    UModeler 2.6.17 has been uploaded. Bugs reported from Discord and Unity forum have been fixed. However there are some more which are going to be handled so I'm trying to update UModeler every week for now.

Anyway the changelist of this update is as follows.

- Fix : Fixed smoothing group polygons going away after undoing.
    - Fix : Fixed wrong material assignment and losing mouse focus while transforming elements using a gizmo.
    - Fix : Fixed stopping creating the first box by dragging. This also caused losing the mouse focus.
    - Fix : Fixed some polygons missing after entering the game mode.

18. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Hi.
    You ignored the error message of February 16, 2019 (more precisely, could not repeat it).
    Nevertheless, it remains and seriously use your program is not possible.
    In addition to it, there are many other incomprehensible things (no colliders !!! in new version, lost markers, errors in the export, ...), but it makes no sense to write about them, since there may be one reason. Please pay attention to the problem.

19. UModeler

UModeler

This could be because of language. I'll look into it as a top priority.
    Hmm.. I've not changed any codes regarding colliders and I made sure that new UModeler has a collider as default. If your UModeler object doesn't have any colliders, you can add it in person using Collider tool or by adding Collider component.
    What errors in export and markers? Could you explain it in more detail?
    Okay, I'll concentrate on fixing your bugs in this update.

20. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Colliders are there, but they always work as triggers (try). Objects are not exported to .fbx. I can send a video later with these errors (if necessary).
    PS. Errors with markers are insignificant and I have not yet understood when they appear.Most likely it occurs in an orthogonal projection.

21. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

The more I study your program, the more I like it. I look forward to working in it.
    It may be very brazen of me to ask for this, but I would like the Cut Tool to be extended. If the tool could split an object into separate objects, it would be a great opportunity to quickly create destructible objects.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  22. Enzi

Enzi

I think UModeler can already do what you want.
    When you select faces, you can detach those into a new UModeler gameobject. Should be enough, right?
    For anything procedural, like wanting a mesh volume, I'd recommend the shatter feature in Blender.

UModeler likes this.
  23. Enzi

Enzi

It's an older bug but a persistent one.
    When you select a UModeler it turns into wireframe. Rebuilding with un/ticking "Lightmap Static" or "Recalculate Tangents" fixes it and materials are shown again. It's not happening every time.
    Are you aware of this bug?

Apart from that, the new version works very well. Thanks for the update!

24. Loards

Loards

Thank you for the fixes, so far the faces are no longer missing, but today during a save (freeze), these errors appeared, all are the same. It might be related to the freeze during save bug.

This error started after the last update.

upload_2019-10-15_17-37-36.png

Best.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  25. UModeler

UModeler

This bug usually happens when exiting the game mode into editor mode which hasn't been fixed yet.
    Are you saying any other cases?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  26. UModeler

UModeler

I received your e-mail with the project file for testing so I'll look into the freezing bug as saving.
    I'm aware of this bug. This error could happen when there are unused materials. As a workaround collapse the error message for now. I'll take care of it for the upcoming update.

27. UModeler

UModeler

I'm so glad to hear that :)
    If Select Above toggle in Cut Tool is on, the polygons above the cut line will be selected which makes it easier to detach them to the separated object.

28. Loards

Loards

thanks!

Today, i started to have a problem, basically i cant create any mesh with umodeler, i get all these erorr when creating a mesh.

upload_2019-10-16_16-10-36.png

Basically, asset dont have a material, i cant get out of editing mode, i can't assign a material to the mesh, and is just invisible and unusable.

29. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Loards,
    I'm going to take care of all of the issues you reported next week. Thank you!

30. Loards

Loards

Also, for some reason, the problem with the broken lightmaps is back again, selecting a mesh with lightmaps breaks the lightmap.

Thanks!

Best.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  31. UModeler

UModeler

Today I've concentrated on fixing bugs reported recently and finally 2.6.18 has been submitted just right before. The changelist is as follows.

- Fix : [Cut Tool] Fixed incorrect cutting in orthogonal view.
    - Fix : [Cut Tool] Fixed not selecting the above polygons after cutting when Select Above is on.
    - Enhancement : [Cut Tool] Cutting line has been changed for only starting pos and ending pos to be rendered.
    - Enhancement : Added a shortcut for refresh All(Ctrl+Shift+E by default)
    - Fix : Fixed failing to find ExportToPNG method when exporting UV outline in Export Tool in UV Editor.
    - Fix : Fixed displaying warning messages about using prefab obsolete APIs.
    - Fix : Fixed warning message about obsolete PreferenceIItem and Removed UModeler item in Unity Preference.
    - Fix : Fixed setting the parent of a transform which resides in a Prefab Asset.
    - Fix : Fixed the different MeshRenderer inspector UI layout when UModeler is installed.
    - Fix : Fixed parsing errors of grid snap size and rotation snap size in UV Editor settings.
    - Fix : Default prefab and obj file names in export won't have spaces anymore.
    - Fix : Fixed a long lag issue when saving a level.
    - Fix : Fixed not displaying icon menus in the inspector after loading a scene.

Expected in a couple of days.

Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    MikhaskoS and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  32. Loards

Loards

Awesome!! thank you!!! Can't wait to test it out.

Best.

UModeler likes this.
  33. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

OK, but this feature doesn't work for me. I'm not going to bother you now, but after I test the new version, a new batch of videos will probably be sent :)

34. UModeler

UModeler

I also found out that this didn't work so it was fixed this morning. ;)

35. UModeler

UModeler

36. Loards

Loards

You rock man! the saving problem is gone, the Mesh renderer missing features is fixed, now we can work perfectly.

Only one thing still happening is that assets with lightmaps when selected, the lightmap breaks, reloading uvs or all refresh al fixes that.

Thanks!

37. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Great update. Combo [Cut Tool]+[Detach Tool] saves a lot of time. The problem with [UV Tool] is gone. Thanks. Remained a problem with colliders and does not work [Export Tool] about which I spoke earlier.

PS. I noticed that after a few [Mirror], the [Bevel] became very slow (for vertices).
    The reflected objects are not selected primitives-so it should be?

38. UModeler

UModeler

I'm glad to hear that this update helps your work.
    I'm going to look into the light map issue.

39. UModeler

UModeler

I'm glad to hear that.
    I don't still understand what collider issue is. Mesh collider is created by default when UModeler object is created and it is made sure that the collider works.
    I'm looking into it.
    Could you show me with a gif image or something like that?
    The reflected parts can't be selected and modified. If you want to do something on them, you should turn off the mirror mode.

40. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

The problem appeared in the last update (2.6.17). Colliders are visible but not working. Apparently this is due to the mesh, as well as the problem of exports. The problem was caused by changes in the update 2.6.17.

There is no difference how to assign a Collider (UModeler or Unity)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  41. Loards

Loards

Thank you! also, some meshes are still missing shaded faces when exiting umodeler editing mode, the only fix is removing umodeler from the mesh WHEN the mesh is still visible, i the Umodeler component is removed when the mesh is invisible, there is no way to get it back.

umodeler_bug.gif

Also, there is this thing, when you create a Umodeler component, you can edit the faces normally, but if you remove or add the Umodeler component again, the faces are now triangles and the uvs are broken, this happens also with the Umodelerize command, is there a way to maintain quads and uvs ?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    UModeler likes this.
  42. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Good news. After the Unity update (2019.2.10), the Collider issue disappeared. Export models still do not work.
    Bad news. After a few minutes of operation, the colliders stopped working again. Forever...
    No, not forever! They were working again... I'll keep you posted :)

Important! Colliders do not work when the UModeler window is open.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  43. ChangoXP

ChangoXP

Thank you for that observation, the collider issue was driving me crazy. Sure enough, with the UModeler window closed they started working.

44. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for sending me videos about the collider and rigidbody component @MikhaskoS
    bandicam 2019-10-28 13-02-23-780.jpg

According to the error message in Unity, Non-convex MeshCollider doesn't work with a normal rigidbody since Unity5.
    I experimented with it using the default Cube object without UModeler component and I made sure that it doesn't work as well when it has a mesh collider but it works with a box collider.

So this issue will be solved if you turn on Convex in Mesh Collider component.

I think that the reason of not supporting interacting a mesh collider with a rigid body is because of the performance issue.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  45. UModeler

UModeler

Hmm... Some meshes not all meshes.... I can't tell you why this happens now. I'll look into it sooner or later.
    After UModelerizing you can combine coplanar and adjacent faces into one face using Combine tool. You can do it with ease by selecting all polygons using Select All tool and then choosing the Combine Tool. See here.
    As for not preserving UVs when adding UModeler component, are both UV0 and UV1 broken? I think UV0 should be preserved but I'm not sure whether UV1 is preserved or not. It need to be tested. This will also be checked and I'll let you know in a few days.

46. Loards

Loards

i found out part of the problem, if you use polybrush in a umodeler asset, causes this error. removing the polybrush script fixes the problem. We use polybrush to scatter assets in meshes, so would be nice to have a fix to this, im reporting to polibrush developers the issue too.

47. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Using Unity 2017.4.31 and whenever a UModeller Object is created, the colliders don't work.

48. UModeler

UModeler

Hello guys,
    I have a leave till this weekend so I will be able to take care of UModeler issues since next week.
    Of course the collider and light map issues will be checked then.
    Cheers.

Loards likes this.
  49. UModeler

UModeler

Does probably Refresh All fix it when this problem occurs?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  50. UModeler

UModeler

I'm happy to announce that 2.6.19 version has been submitted. Bugs of collider not working on play mode and mesh disappearing have been fixed. Now that it's been submitted it'll be available in a few days as always.
    • Fix bug where collider doesn’t work on play mode.
    • Fix bug where UModeler mesh disappearing when clicking on a umodeler object after exiting play mode.
    • Fix polygons disappearing while using PushPull tool.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019