Search Unity

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. UModeler

UModeler

It sounds good that you've fixed the issue.

We don't have it yet. I also think it would be good to let users try beta of new version in advance.

2. Enzi

Enzi

Today I've learned that SceneFusion is supporting ProBuilder. (http://www.kinematicsoup.com/) Testing is free.

Sadly it's not working with UModeler. Sometimes the mesh from another client goes through and I can see the same but when I click on it the mesh is gone and doesn't appear without selecting-deselecting a lot. (Maybe a caching mechanism?) Can you maybe take a look at it to see if it's an issue on your side?

I've already written the devs of SceneFusion. I want and NEED this! :D

3. NineCycles

NineCycles

Sadly no Difference, also tried with a fresh Project File but no Difference . :(

4. Enzi

Enzi

I got info from KS support that SceneFusion has ProBuilder support via a rather simple extension script which handles some callbacks to changes. I've it attached and it's a rather short script only needing some hooks.

I tried writing it myself for UModeler but I'm stuck with UModelerEditor.somethingChanged not giving enough info what changed.
    Would be really great if you could add the needed API to make this happen!

Attached Files:

UModeler likes this.
  5. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Enzi,

I managed to write codes of UModeler Extension for SceneFusion. I think something could not work as expected because I've not tested it and some cases could not be covered when changes are given to UModeler object. If you find them, please let me know. I'll fix them.

You can get UModelerExtension.cs file here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh6uz45x4pucvfa/UModelerExtension.cs?dl=0
    After getting it, put the file in the folder as shown below. And don't forget to add SF_UMODELER symbol to Project Settings.
    bandicam 2019-03-07 22-43-34-840.jpg

Enzi likes this.
  6. UModeler

UModeler

Hmm.. Unfortunately I've not found out the reason yet. Could you please test it using other versions of UModeler like 2019 beta, 2017, 2018.2 etc? I'll also try again to reproduce it.

7. jbizzy129

jbizzy129

UModeler likes this.
  8. PartyBoat

PartyBoat

Hey @JS_tripolygon, I've been messing around with the 2019 beta and noticed that UModeler is completely broken in the latest update. Plenty of time before the full release, but just a heads up. :)

UModeler likes this.
  9. UModeler

UModeler

I think making looping race track is possible using Follow Tool in UModeler as shown below.
    The Follow Tool needs two types of polygons. One is a profile polygon and the other is a path polygon. The profile polygon is extracted along the path polygon.
    Check out the instruction in the manual here - https://umodeler.github.io/AddGroup/FollowTool.html
    UModeler_MakingTrack.gif

10. UModeler

UModeler

Really? Can you post the errors message here?
    I also tested UModeler on 2019.1.0b. I could see some warnings when importing UModeler package but any errors haven't occurred. I managed to use UModeler with no problems. The gif image on the upper post shows that UModeler is working well on 2019.

11. PartyBoat

PartyBoat

I saw that you are on 2019.1.0b8 and I was on 2019.1.0b7, which then made me realize I was one release behind. I upgraded Unity and everything is fine now strangely enough, so no worries!

EDIT: Actually on second look the issue was really that I moved the asset into a folder where I keep all my third party assets. Are there any specific settings I can change to support changing where the asset is located?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  12. UModeler

UModeler

Some image and icon files aren't loaded if the files are moved to other folders and it may cause errors.
    Your idea of setting a location of UModeler sounds good. I'll add this in the upcoming update.
    Thank you.

PartyBoat likes this.
  13. UModeler

UModeler

I've made a video introducing how to make low-poly buildings. It consists of 7 houses and 3 buildings.They are simple so you can model them easily following the tutorial videos in the link below even if you are a modeling novice.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKfydgNGUTp1SQjGIPQMDWbPgRzR1IcGf

These videos were recorded using UModeler 2.3 so some UIs look different from the one of the latest UModeler.

Enjoy UModeler!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    red2blue and tcmeric like this.
  14. tango209

tango209

When I Instantiate a uModeler prefab it doesn't show up in the scene until I click on it in the hierarchy. Is there a setting/work around to this? Unity 2018.3.0f2 and 2019.2.0a8.

D00MX and UModeler like this.
  15. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Tango209
    Did you instantiate UModeler prefab in codes? If so, it doesn't work yet. I'm going to fix this in the upcoming update.
    As a workaround, duplicate the umodeler object and remove umodeler component from it and try to instantiate it. If you want to change it, modify the original UModeler object and repeat the upper process.

tango209 likes this.
  16. UModeler

UModeler

17. UModeler

UModeler

Do you happen to remember the modern house video which were posted at the beginning of UModeler release?

This time new version of it has been maded with the latest UModeler.
    Plus, tutorial videos which wasn't made before are provided

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKfydgNGUTp1zuNcMCBphdzvq8Gbyzv7P

Hopefully you will find some ideas from the videos to get your project better!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  18. UModeler

UModeler

The low poly pillar is the most basic mesh among the UModeler demo assets. Its process of modeling is so simple that it's pretty good for beginners to learn UModeler at first.

This is the updated version of the simple pillar video which were captured using UModeler 2.3. You can check out the latest UI and new features.

And there are also tutorial videos here -
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKfydgNGUTp0zngLd9spUHkmJCMlBK28L

tcmeric likes this.
  19. UModeler

UModeler

red2blue likes this.
  20. xkinginthecastlecastlex

xkinginthecastlecastlex

Hi there,
    UModeler looks very promising. Unfortunately it looks like it´s only available to use it within Unity. Is there any chance of adjusting it or at least some features to use it at runtime?

21. UModeler

UModeler

Hello,
    I'm Jaesik Hwang who is the developer of UModeler.
    I've been modifying UModeler source codes so that mesh editing could be possible at runtime as well.
    I think a part of it will be available in the upcoming update.

thelebaron likes this.
  22. Enzi

Enzi

Can confirm that in Unity 2019.1.0b9 the transform axis isn't rendered. Tested with a fresh project.
    No problem in 2018.3

This is how it looks:
    uModeler2019.PNG

23. UModeler

UModeler

Just right before I've checked if the transform axis is visible or not on Unity 2019.1.0b9 and I found out that it works as well as other versions. The transform axis isn't displayed in Material Tool and Polygon Color tool which also provide the polygon selection like Polygon Tool. So please check which tool is active.

24. xkinginthecastlecastlex

xkinginthecastlecastlex

Hi,
    thanks for your fast reply!
    This would be awesome. Do you have any plan when then update will be available?

It would be great if stuff like this could be done at runtime:

25. UModeler

UModeler

What I intended was that basic scripts would be provided in order to make it possible to generate a procedural mesh in codes at runtime. Currently UModeler component isn't be saved in build but in the upcoming update you can decide whether UModeler component will be included or not in build by each UModeler object. The object with UModeler component will have abilities to be modified at runtime in codes.

However implementing the runtime editor as you mentioned would be a huge work because I would have to implement lots of editor specific functions like translation/rotate/scale handles, undo/redo system, UI, camera, serialization etc which Unity Editor already has. This would be like making a new editor from scratch. So this is not going to happen to UModeler. If it was decided to be implemented, it would be a separated or upgraded asset. I'm sorry if you are confused.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    tcmeric likes this.
  26. xkinginthecastlecastlex

xkinginthecastlecastlex

Hey thanks for your reply, I just sent you a pm

27. UModeler

UModeler

I've made new videos about how to model the inside of apartment based on CAD plan.

The demo video is below and the tutorial ones are here - https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Doing this I managed to enhance the Line tool. For example "Force Closed" property has been added so that you could draw a closed shape just pressing SPACE like Arc tool without needing to place the cursor to the first point . And "Confirm" and "Cancel" buttons have been added. Moreover Axis snap has been improved to avoid other type of snapping.

All of these features is going to be included in UModeler this month.

28. UModeler

UModeler

DebugLogWarning likes this.
  29. Gua

Gua

Can UModeler edit models and UV on models that are not made in UModeler?

30. DebugLogWarning

DebugLogWarning

Is the source code included with the asset? I am interested in using it at runtime.

31. UModeler

UModeler

Of course. You can convert any static mesh and edit it using UModeler. It's called UModelerize.
    Here is a video of showing how to UModelerize.

ftejada and Gua like this.
  32. UModeler

UModeler

Unfortunately UModeler package includes .DLL files instead of source codes and UModeler is designed to be used at only editor currently.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  33. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler 2.6.1 were submitted yesterday because two serious bugs had been found. If you want to know about it more, please click on the following link.
    https://www.tripolygon.com/blog/hotfix-umodeler-2-6-1
    Hey Enzi,
    The bug you reported has been fixed in 2.6.1

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  34. DebugLogWarning

DebugLogWarning

Is it possible to get access to the source code?

35. netpost

netpost

Hi,

I just bought Umodeler and reading the reviews , it seems like a great asset. I am trying to check the basic tutorials but they all are crazy fast even at 0.25 speed. Maybe this is obvious for you but it is really hard to follow the mouse , digest the clicks and read the texts at this speed. Hopefully there are other tutorials for real beginners.

Thanks a lot.

redoxoder likes this.
  36. UModeler

UModeler

Hi netpost,

Personally the tutorials made by Dumb game dev are really good for beginners because they have narrations and the speed is slow enough to follow.

Videos by Dumb game dev

If you need more videos, please check out the following list. They are also for ppl who just start UModeler.
    Tutorial videos in UModeler channel have a title called "UModeler Tutorial". Otherwise it's usually a demo video.

If you have any questions or feedback, ask anything here or via e-mail (contact.support@tripolygon.com)

Thank you for purchasing UModeler.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    tcmeric likes this.
  37. UModeler

UModeler

Unfortunately it's not possible and I have no plan to give access to the source code yet.

38. netpost

netpost

Thank you for the tutorial links. It will help very much. :)

UModeler likes this.
  39. netpost

netpost

Congratulations to the Umodeler team!

I just start using it. But Umodeler is fantastic! Yesterday I bought the asset and went directly to grab some Youtube tutorials but those were a bit too advanced for me. Today I downloaded the asset in a new project. The asset is really well documented and the links to the slower tutorials were already there along with the support forum link. It is really easy to grasp even for a beginner! Really powerful asset.

Thanks again.

UModeler likes this.
  40. DavidJares

DavidJares

Hello . I am new to Umodeler ( but not new to modeling ) . Right after starting some warm up exercises and basic geometry, I realized how laggy the tool becomes quite quickly. The performance in the editor goes way down beyond any comfortable experience. I read the forums and about some Undo-performance-problems. But that was last year. So I hope this should not be a problem anymore. Is there anything I have to take care of or watch out for? What are the complexity-ranges the tool is made for ? The tool itself seems pretty good, not yet perfect, but good. Umodelerize is a very! welcome feature. Still I am a bit disappointed about the performance currently. Am I the only one ? Sorry for being a bit negative Vibe, but that is my first impressions, and I wished they would be more positive. Im on Unity 2018.3.6f1. Best regards, David

41. DavidJares

DavidJares

Ok, so I try to help pointintg out problems for the support. The Material Editor - Removing Materials and then trying add new ones and dragging new ones into them makes weird problems. jsut try it yourself ( look at the video, watch the material slots, while I try to drag materials into them ) . also is there a limitation of 4 Materials ? I can add a 5th slot, but as soon as I try to drag a material into it, the slot disappears again. https://gifyu.com/image/9ku5 , here, an animated gif

42. DavidJares

DavidJares

Still have to say that I am pretty! impressed by this tool.

UModeler likes this.
  43. UModeler

UModeler

Hello David,

Thank you for purchasing UModeler. I've being trying to fixed bugs you reported. But it was found that it's not easy to fix. So I'll ask a few questions.

How many polygons does your UModeler object have when the Unity started to be laggy?
    And what functions did usually you use?

To reproduce this bug, I installed 2018.3.6f1 and made some meshes but I've not found the performance lag yet.

When I modeled some meshes like wooden crate and modern building etc for tutorials videos before, I didn't experience any lags. See this video. At that time I used Unity 2018.3.

And as far as I know the performance issue caused after undoing haven't been found since Unity 2017.

I'm sorry for being any inconvenience from UModeler.

44. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for reporting this bug with the gif image.
    UModeler has as many materials as MeshRenderer component has.
    I've tried to test several times to reproduce this bug. But strangely this bug has not happened to me.
    For now please assign a material using clicking on a circle with a center point next to the material edit box not using drag and drop.

45. DavidJares

DavidJares

@JS_tripolygon Thank you for the response. I think the Mesh had ~ 10k tris. It was when I was trying to test all the functions of umodeler and what does what. I will stick to using umodeler. When I encounter these problems again, I will be more aware and will have more info on reproducability. For now its fine I hope. #

Lol, I didnt even think about trying to use the circle :) I can use that, no problem :)

Is it a performance problem when there are many umodeler-objects in the scene ? What about prefabed umodeler-objects, is it ok to use those ? My workflow that I plan to use is using a main Base-Object for floors/ceiling/walls and subobjects for details like windows / beams etc.. . So I can still change layout quickly almost like with CSG, but have a nice swis-army-knife for making additional-detail. When working with subobjects, it helps to keep things flexible and supports iteration-speed.

I'd have 3 feature-requests to suggest :
    1) can we have grid-snap-option-toggle as hotkey ?

2) when making subobjects, I'd love to have an option that the cursor can snap to other objects. When I make my main Object, for example a Wall, and use the line-tool, it nicely snaps to edges and surfaces. I can simply draw a door-hole onto the wall. Now when I create a new child-umodeler-object, I cannot simply draw onto the surface of the wall anymore. Its like umodeler doesn't see the other object anymore and creates an new isolated local-space for the subobject. While this is a good Idea in general I think, I would be happy to have an option to enable a behaviour where the object is not in this isolated space. It would make it easier to draw new objects, in the correct place, and based on the proportions of the other objects.

3) Not sure if that is possible, but Ill jsut ask : Is it possible to have an obj-export, where the quad-faces dont get ? That way one could interchange the objects to other DCC-tools like Blender later and could add final-details in a quad-based-workflow ? If I export it now and import in blender, for example to work on some final-details, I can only have the triangulated object, which is inferior to a quad-workflow. I know many things have to get triangulated, but maybe there could be an option for not triangulating the quads ?

4) Could we have a selection-mode where one can DRAG instead of click to add/remove new elemnts of the selection. So you could just drag your mouse over several verts / edges / faces and would have them selected, instead of selecting each one with a single click ?

Thank you for your hard work . Best Regards, David

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  46. UModeler

UModeler

Here are answers to your questions.
    The main factor of affecting the performance is the polygon count of a UModeler object not the number of UModeler objects in a scene. So if you are experiencing the performance lag, you should consider reducing polygons or dividing a UModeler object into several objects using Detach tool etc.
    Having this hotkey would be good. I'll add it in the upcoming update.
    Basically snapping works in an object so as a workaround you could model in an object at first and detach it to several objects later. And UModeler has the seamless editing feature which makes you edit several UModeler object at one time but sadly snapping doesn't work seamlessly. If you want to know about Seamless editing more, plase check out here.
    I'll add this feature to the to-do list.
    Okay. As far as I know, .obj format can have quad faces. I'll try to add this in the upcoming update.
    Just LMB drag can have several verts/edges/faces selected and Ctrl+ LMB Drag can add several verts/edges/faces to the current selection. But subtracting selected elements doesn't work yet in this way.

Thank you for giving us feedback!

DavidJares likes this.
  47. Dickie

Dickie

Getting an error when I use Tools>UModeler>Umodlerize

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    tripolygon.UModeler.UVIslandManager.ArrangeUVIslandsFast () (at <353e4868e3394d79ad9e1453908159d4>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.EditorUtil.ConvertMesh (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Boolean convertChildren) (at <e5bd72e8b30b47a9a9c581aa1a2808fd>:0)
    TPUModelerEditor.MenuItems.ConvertMesh () (at <e5bd72e8b30b47a9a9c581aa1a2808fd>:0)

And if I just apply a UModeler component to an object it forgets all the UVs/Vertex Colours.
    Not been able to get any model to work successfully.
    Using Unity 2018.3.3f1

48. UModeler

UModeler

Hi Dickie,
    Thank you for reporting the bugs.
    I figured out why this error happens. It will be fixed asap.
    This seems to be caused by the upper bug.
    I'll check and fix it.

49. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

I have bought UModeler yesterday and OMG IT'S AMAZING!

One problem I have currently is the UV Detach Tool isn't working, I select single or multiple islands and press the detach button/icon and nothing happens, a notification just pops up and says "Detach Tool has been selected".

I hope you can help me, Thanks!

50. UModeler

UModeler

Hi WinterboltGames,

Thank you for purchasing UModeler.

When you select Detach Tool with the selected polygons, it doesn't seem to work. But actually they are detached. You can check it by selecting using Island tool. And the detached island can be moved separately by moving the handler holding CTRL+SHIFT. See the following.
    SeparatedTransform_UVTool.gif

WinterboltGames likes this.