Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] UModeler X : Model, Rig, Paint and AI-Texture within Unity [Unity VSP]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. UModeler

UModeler

Hello guys,

I'm pleased to announce that version 2.2.3 & 2.2.3.1 have been released. The best thing among what has been added is One-Click Build which allows you to create a shape in front of the camera with just one click of LMB.

If you want to know more info about it, please hit the link below in order for you to see the detailed description.
    https://www.tripolygon.com/blog/release-umodeler-2-2-3-2-2-3-1-one-click-build

One-Click build Demo

Version 2.2.3.1
    • BugFix : Fixed leaving Vertex/polygon selection blue boxes even after deleting the UModeler object.
    • BugFix : Fixed not displaying “Confirm” and “Cancel” button after doing an action for creating primitive shapes due to not repainting the area of the properties.
    Version 2.2.3
    • Feature : Added the One-Click Build feature to Rectange, Disk, Box, Room, Stair, Cylinder, Cone, Spiral Stair, Sphere and Capsule tools.
    • Enhancement : Allowed the 3D cursor to move to the center of a polygon under the mouse cursor by CTRL+SHIFT+RMB.
    • Enhancement : Added “Confirm” and “Cancel” buttons as necessary in the Properties.
    • BugFix : Enabled z-test of the transparent selection polygon displayed on the selected polygons, and resolved z-fighting issue.
    • BugFix : Reverting the changes done just before pressing Play button.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Tethys, tcmeric and Mark_01 like this.
  2. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler has been updated to ver 2.2.3.2. This update includes only one single fix but could be important if you frequently use UModelerize function.

BugFix : Fixed missing textures after UModelerizing.

tcmeric and Tethys like this.
  3. UModeler

UModeler

Hello guys,
    I've made a prototype level of a historic site as below. For more info please hit here.

bandicam 2018-11-01 21-47-58-888.jpg

Now I'm going to make tutorial and demo videos based on it.
    Stay tuned!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    NinjaVR, trilobyteme, tcmeric and 3 others like this.
  4. Barritico

Barritico

Hi.

I am looking for a tool with which I can design, mainly, houses, buildings and, above all, HQ grandstands for racing circuits and pit buildings.

I have seen several, but I do not know which one will be better for me. I have been told that it is best to learn Blender but I am still looking for something that will make my job easier.

Would your product be recommended for my needs?

And... Allows or admits the use of blueprints?

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    UModeler likes this.
  5. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Barritico,

I think all those objects you mentioned can be modeled in more efficient and easy ways using UModeler because it contains powerful drawing tools as well as lots of general modeling and texture mapping tools which make UModeler most different from blender. Those tools will allow you to draw polylines along a blueprint and make it 3D easily. As you might already realized, with UModeler you don't have to export and import a mesh, which will save your time a lot.
    Therefore, I recommend UModeler for you.

If you don't visit the UModeler website yet, please click here to get more info.

Thanks for your interest in UModeler.

Barritico likes this.
  6. Barritico

Barritico

Thank you.

7. FolkvangStudios

FolkvangStudios

UModeler has been "game changing" for me.

But I'm new and maybe my issue has a relatively easy fix.

My models saves as prefabs don't display when in a container transform until I open up all containers and click each Umodeler item.

Umodeler Items saved as prefabs, but then embedded into another object prefab "bounce" out of their custom modifications.

UModeler likes this.
  8. UModeler

UModeler

That sounds great :)
    Acutally I've been aware that there have been some issues related to prefabs such as when you click "Apply" button the changes aren't applied immediately to other prefab UModeler objects etc.

However the bug you mentioned seems different from what I found out so I'll throw some questions below to understand your prefab issue.

Where isn't the UModeler pefab displayed? In the scene view or in the prefab preview window?
    What does it mean that you open up a container?
    Could you explain in more detail about embedding into another object prefab "bounce" out of their custom modifications?

Thank you for reporting the bug.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  9. FolkvangStudios

FolkvangStudios

I call the standard empty transform a "container" because it sort of it one in a way.

When I mix and match the Umodeler objects with existing OBJ files in a heirarchy of assembled Items, apply the prefab, then close Unity, Reopen it, the objects vanish until I go and click on each UModeler Item in the group.

I worked around this by merging all the items into a bigger one, then exporting that to OBJ. The downside is that's basically frozen now without being able to edit. Which Is fine, I kept the original prefabs in a folder just for them.

UModeler likes this.
  10. JohnDoe2001

JohnDoe2001

I have the exact same bug and ironically came here to report it.

To replicate the issue, perform the following quick steps:
    1) Create a uModeler object (example, simple box).
    2) Create an "Empty" (GameObject)
    3) In Hierarchy window, put the uModeler object into the GameObject, so that the GameObject is the parent and uModeler obj the child.
    4) Pull the GameObject into the Project window so that it's saved as a Prefab.
    5) Drag the Prefab into your Scene.
    6) The uModeler object should now be invisible.
    7) In the Hierarchy, open the GameObject parent and click on the uModeler object.
    8) The uModeler object should now be visible.

UModeler likes this.
  11. purplealert

purplealert

Above Confirmed, also noticed Prefab models mesh says "type Mismatch" it displays the box when I click on the Gameobject, but I no idea what mesh it's using.

I also sent a email to support, having all sorts of problem, I've not yet managed to use this on any .OBJ import, or asset, even a simple box, just cant select any face or points and objects jumps around the scene when I click. I get errors like "Destroying Assets is not permitted to avoid data loss", and if click any of the 'Local Settings' results in it vanishing.

UModeler likes this.
  12. UModeler

UModeler

I found out that UModeler prefab has a problem like you said. I'll take care of that as soon as possible.

13. UModeler

UModeler

Thanks to you I was able to reproduce this bug. I'll take care of that soon.
    Thank you so much!

Mark_01 likes this.
  14. UModeler

UModeler

I've sent you e-mail. I'll take care of all of issues you reported so that they will be resolved in the upcoming update.
    Thank you!

FolkvangStudios and Mark_01 like this.
  15. FolkvangStudios

FolkvangStudios

One more thing. More of an annoyance than a real problem.

When the UV editor is opened, I slide it to my second monitor so I can have lots of room to edit the model and map the UV stuff. It however, likes to grab mouse focus, so everytime I click an item, I need to click it one more time. Easily solved by closing UV editor...

Also, this asset has been a paramount help in making my game closer to reality. Just the UV mapping of 3D objects alone is absolutely incredible.

UModeler likes this.
  16. UModeler

UModeler

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    tcmeric, MarStr and Mark_01 like this.
  17. UModeler

UModeler

Do you want the focus to still remain in the scene view when the UV Editor is opened? I think it is reasonable to move the focus to the UV editor window in this case.

Thanks, I'm flattered :)

18. UModeler

UModeler

I think you are already aware that UModeler is 50% off now. If you have been hesitated about buying it, this is the very good chance to get it via here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  19. JohnDoe2001

JohnDoe2001

Thanks for fixing that bug. Here is another report.

Description: Sub Tool (Vertex, Edge, Face) gizmo will grow/shrink in a Scene view when another Scene view is open at the same time. This makes it difficult to select sub-objects, such as Edges, and the gizmo itself.

Steps
    1) Have 2 Scene windows open in the Unity Layout.
    2) Create a uModeler object (cube for example).
    3) Click on it in one view when it's visible in another.
    4) Go to a Sub-Tool Mode (Edge mode, for example).
    5) Select an Edge.
    6) Zoom Out.
    7) Click in another Scene view while the Edge is still selected and Zoom Out (or In).
    8) The gizmo in one of these views should now start growing (relative to Scene view), while the gizmo in the other view should remain the same size (relative to Scene view).
    9) When you go to the view with the abnormal gizmo, it will no longer resize relative to Scene view, no matter what.
    10) The Object Tool gizmo does not appear to have this issue.
    11) Try this bug with different sub-tools to see different results. For example, with polygon selection planes, they will change shape/size so that they no longer match the actual polygons they represent.

Untitled.jpg

UModeler likes this.
  20. UModeler

UModeler

I haven't tested UModeler when two scene views are opened. This'll be taken care of. Thank you!

21. UModeler

UModeler

Hello everyone,
    I'm very happy to announce that UModeler has been nominated as Best Development Tool in Unity Awards 2018.
    Please vote for it in the link below, which will give us a lot of help to keep developing UModeler. It's until 26.Dec.
    Thank you!

>> Best Development Tool : https://goo.gl/sVZWKJ

bandicam 2018-12-17 12-04-32-531.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    toto2003, shikhrr and Mark_01 like this.
  22. UModeler

UModeler

Hi, UModeler has taken a second place in Unity Awards 2018. Actually I expected it to win but I'm satisfied with the result now. Thank you for cheering up. I'll try more to make UModeler better in 2019. One more thing UModeler 2.4 has been submitted so it's going to come to you soon!
    bandicam 2018-12-28 00-47-02-710.jpg

Mark_01 likes this.
  23. Mark_01

Mark_01

Congratulations !!! To be sure if you can put 2nd place in Unity 2018 on your store font page :)

UModeler likes this.
  24. UModeler

UModeler

Hello guys,

Nowadays I've been working on online documentation. UModeler already has an online manual in github but it is based on version 2.0 which was released a year ago. As you might know UModeler has had big changes eg. icon/context based menu system since then. Therefore I decided to renew the online documents to contain the latest features of UModeler. There are some progress which were made recently as below.

https://umodeler.github.io/index.html
    https://umodeler.github.io/overview.html
    https://umodeler.github.io/settings.html
    https://umodeler.github.io/menu.html

While working on documentation, I'm starting making some proper tutorial videos from tomorrow. Actually I've wanted to do it since a long time ago but I couldn't because there have been many things to be implemented and fixed in UModeler so I had to put off making tutorial videos. Now it's time to do it. I hope to finish renewing the online documentation and
    making good tutorial videos next month.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Brian-Ryer, Mark_01 and shikhrr like this.
  25. UModeler

UModeler

shikhrr and Mark_01 like this.
  26. UModeler

UModeler

I’ve made sure that ver 2.4 package size is zero. It was a mistake. I’ll upload the right version as soon as possible. If you already download 2.4 and you can’t revert it to the previous version, please send me your invoice number. I’ll send you 2.4 package via E-mail. I apologize for it.

Edit : Now ver 2.4 has been submitted certainly to the asset store so it'll be expected to be used in a couple of days. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Mark_01 likes this.
  27. Enzi

Enzi

Is there an easy way to split a vertex?
    umodeler1.PNG
    umodeler2.PNG

With pulling it happens that vertices are merged together automatically and I'm not sure how to unmerge them without complicated line drawing and bridges.

A method to quickly add multiple materials to a UModeler component would be also great to have.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  28. UModeler

UModeler

Dragging the mouse pressing LMB holding CTRL + SHIFT will split a vertex as seen below.
    UModeler_TransformHoldingShift_v2.gif
    That's a good idea. I've put this into my todo list which will be added when the material tool is improved.

Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Enzi likes this.
  29. Enzi

Enzi

Thanks that was very helpful! And thanks for the great tool!

UModeler likes this.
  30. Enzi

Enzi

I got another question, is it possible to insert a single vertex on a polygon or edge or is this something that's more of a technical limitation? It was nice having this in BSP type editors and I'm wondering why new editors don't support it. No real need for it because there are other ways?

31. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Just noting here that 2.4 update download is now working again on Asset Store.

UModeler likes this.
  32. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

As another note, could you consider having like Unitypackage etc for overriding the default materials for LWRP and HDRP (or make it automatically target different materials on those)? I briefly tested this on latest HDRP and as expected everything shows up in pink materials by default, seems to be fine once I've manually updated the materials to HDRP shader equivalent.

33. UModeler

UModeler

UModeler inserts a vertex automatically when you move an edge as below. It is useful to make a roof something like that.

Honeycam 2017-12-07 03-21-33.gif If you want to insert a vertex on an edge anywhere, you have to draw a line or arc between two edges.
    But I'm wondering if a function of inserting a vertex is necessary. If necessary, where can it be used for?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  34. UModeler

UModeler

Yes, Finally UModeler 2.4 can be downloaded from the asset store.

Mark_01 likes this.
  35. UModeler

UModeler

Actually the materials in UModeler package use the Standard shader. Doesn't the standard shader cover both LWRP and HDRP? Should something else be done to support the both that rendering pipe lines?

36. Enzi

Enzi

To take your example, you make an edge and then it's a roof, with a vertex in the middle it could be a pyramid. Does this make sense?

I can't comment on LWRP but with HDRP I just needed to switch from Standard to HDRenderPipeline/Lit and set the base albedo texture. I guess it'll be the same with LWRP. There's also an option for automatic conversion for HDRP that converts Standard materials into HDRP materials.

For the future, an out of box solution would be nice for the default UModeler materials of course. Right now, I don't think it's a big deal with SRP being in preview and all.

UModeler and rz_0lento like this.
  37. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Yeah, it's not a huge issue on HDRP, just minor inconvenience. I think only unlit materials from standard work as is on LWRP (unless that's changed), HDRP requires custom shaders for everything.

UModeler likes this.
  38. UModeler

UModeler

As a workaround you can make a point across two edges on a rectangle and lift it with the Move Tool as below.
    UModeler_Pyramid_Roof.gif

Mark_01 likes this.
  39. UModeler

UModeler

I'll take care of this issue. I need to investigate HDRP and LWRP to figure it out more.

40. UModeler

UModeler

A new tutorial video has been uploaded in Youtube. It has a narration and I think it's good enough to learn UModeler basic. It was made by tcmeric.

Thank you tcmeric.

KeithBrown and Mark_01 like this.
  41. tcmeric

tcmeric

Thanks for posting my video tutorial. I plan on doing a small series of them.

You mentioned about my button color in my video. Are the text buttons supposed to have color or an icon as well?

I check my icons folder, and none seem to be missed. They are not in legacy and appear to be correct. I re-imported the package, but it looks the same. Can you send me a screenshot of what it should look like?

Note: I updated as each version came out, so this is not a clean install.
    Also I switched to text icon on purpose. I think it's easier to follow in a tutorial. My tutorial speed is very slow and I like to explain each part for new users.

I added 2 screenshots from my project
    . 2019-01-10 18_48_59-Unity 2018.2.14f1 (64bit) - umodeler 2.png 2019-01-10 18_48_39-Unity 2018.2.14f1 (64bit) - u modeler.png

Mark_01 likes this.
  42. UModeler

UModeler

This is so weird.

I've installed Unity 2018.2.14f1 and UModeler 2.4 to make my environment same as yours. And I made sure that all texture settings are identical to yours.

bandicam 2019-01-10 21-44-52-352.jpg
    Texture Settings

But in my case all the icons are displayed in real color as below.

bandicam 2019-01-10 21-45-23-451.jpg
    Icons in real color

I've not figure out why your icons are displayed in faded color.

Could you set all your texture settings as below? Actually this is the right settings.

bandicam 2019-01-10 22-08-08-446.jpg

If this also doesn't work, can you try UModeler 2.4 on other version of Unity like the latest version?

tcmeric likes this.
  43. tcmeric

tcmeric

Hi. For some reason they were not set as Editor GUI and Legacy. Mine were set to 'default' by default. I changed them all, and not the image GUI for umodeler matches your screenshot.

44. UModeler

UModeler

This will be fixed in the next update so that "Editor GUI and Legacy GUI" will be set to all the icon textures as default.
    Are they still faded color? I recommend you should try it on the other version of Unity. I'll try to find the reason of this situation.

45. tcmeric

tcmeric

I think they are the correct color now. Have a look and let me know. 2019-01-11 00_32_41-Unity 2018.2.14f1 (64bit) - [PREVIEW PACKAGES IN USE] - a.png

lundon and UModeler like this.
  46. UModeler

UModeler

That's what it supposed to be like. How did you make this happen?

47. UModeler

UModeler

The new tutorial video has been made today. This is about how to make a tiny house using basic functions of UModer. I hope that this will help you to learn UModeler.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Regularry and tcmeric like this.
  48. tcmeric

tcmeric

I changed them to legacy GUI. Now the color is correct. But I already recorded two vidoes before I fixed it :)

UModeler likes this.
  49. tcmeric

tcmeric

Here is my next tutorial in the series. This one is a little bit longer, but good for very beginners. In it I make a loot crate. By the end of the tutorial series, we should a nice low poly medieval isometric scene. Next tutorial is bottles, books, props for barrels, tables and chairs, etc.

In this video we talk about using the mirror tool (alot) so that we can be both lazy and have symmetry. Of course we also look at push-pull (extrude), drawing shapes on shapes and using the pen/slice tool. Lastly we learn to set pivot points (which is great for custom rotation animations in unity!).

Regularry, UModeler and lundon like this.
  50. UModeler

UModeler

That's great! This video is what I was going to make. I'm looking forward to seeing the next videos. Keep it up and thank you!

tcmeric likes this.