Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] UModeler 2.0 : The Ultimate Modeling and Prototyping Tool in Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UModeler, Mar 23, 2017.

1. GamifyTheWorld

GamifyTheWorld

This is now officially my favorite asset.

UModeler likes this.
  2. RoTru

RoTru

I'm having trouble creating even the most simple box shapes. Here for instance faces keep disspearing when using push pull and multi pushpull. It's also creating new edges with extruding without rhyme or reason. Latest version of Umodeler with latest version of Unity.

Anybody know a stable version/combo?

facesmissing.jpg

3. Razmot

Razmot

4. RoTru

RoTru

Umodeler's cursor/helper has ballooned in size about 5 times. Is there a setting for this? The documentation doesn't say. And reimporting the scripts hasn't reset it.

Thank you!

5. UModeler

UModeler

I tried several times to reproduce this but I failed. Do you remember the things you did before the boolean operation? How often does that happen?
    I would fix this if I figured out how to fix this. I've not found yet that Bevel and PushPull action cause such errors.
    You're welcome.

6. UModeler

UModeler

I'll consider typing vertex local position in Transform tools. As a workaround for alignment, Tweak/Align tool might help to to fix vertices' positions. Here is a document - https://umodeler.github.io/tweaktools.html#align-tool

7. UModeler

UModeler

I'm considering exposing script codes which will enable you to create a mesh procedurally.

BeautifulRiver likes this.
  8. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you for purchasing UModeler and your circumstantial account. I'll establish a system to give an access of source codes and various builds versions to people who has been authenticated via a website like this instead of emailing.

faduci likes this.
  9. UModeler

UModeler

Gizmos are also affected by scale in Transform component, which will be fixed in the upcoming update.

RoTru likes this.
  10. UModeler

UModeler

It looks like the side polygon created by push/pull tool has been inverted, which is a bug absolutely. I'll test PushPull including multiple mode to fix some bugs.

11. UModeler

UModeler

Collider should be updated whenever any action ends because the collider connects with a mesh called 'um_xxxxx'.
    It might be solved by selecting "Tools/UModeler/Refresh All" in the menu.
    Thank you!

RoTru likes this.
  12. BeautifulRiver

BeautifulRiver

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that the feature will be coming someday soon!

UModeler likes this.
  13. Daski

Daski

Hello,
    Firstly I want to tell you that Umodeler is a great job, very good asset.
    Anyway this asset has its price so can you tell me about issue with prefabs without mesh? I have read solution about "refresh all" option in UModeler menu but it not solve the issue. Maybe I can see object on scene but still I can't saw object on preview window on prefab and prefab still do not have mesh. You can create new mesh for object so you cannot save it for this objects as new mesh? (with same name as object?)
    What is a status of this issue?

Thank you for your attention :)

14. SiBlack

SiBlack

The boolean error only happened once. I don't tend to boolean.

The losing selection and options will happen quite often on the first edge bevel on a new object; multiple edges with 3 or more bevel segments. When I press space to finish the action, the inspector window will update and only show a limited number of options, similiar to if you had multiple objects selected. Close, Deselect/Reselect, Open fixes it.

The edge bevel tool is also still spamming the error you fixed for push/pull.

Loving the modeler though. V. fast for making detail objects to use with Surforge. :)

15. UModeler

UModeler

Thank you very much to the purchase!
    I thought this issue was solved. I'll check it out again and I'll fix it in the upcoming update.

16. UModeler

UModeler

Unfortunately I have not found that bug. I selected one edge and applied bevel to it. It worked fine. And I selected 4 edges and beveled them. It worked well. See the below gif. image. Could you probably show how this bug can be reproduced visually?
    UModeler_BevelToolTest.gif
    Actually I worked with the Surforge developer for a while to make UModeler work with Surforge well. As a result Wrapping up textures made with Surfage with UModeler mesh works very smoothly. I would like to make a video to showcase how both tools works in the future. Anyway I'm sure that UModeler+Surforge will be a nice combination.

Razmot likes this.
  17. Daski

Daski

The mesh on mesh collider is not set.
    upload_2018-5-21_19-19-41.png

and also I cannot find this mesh when I trying search.

I have Umodeler from Asset store version: 2.0.9
    I trying export my object to prefab.

Regards,
    Dawid

18. UModeler

UModeler

Hello Daski,
    Could you try to remove a collider and add it again in Misc/Collider tool in the inspector?
    "Assign Mesh" button will be added to the Collider tool below "Remove Collider" button in the upcoming update.

19. Daski

Daski

I did as you said but mesh is still empty on mesh collider and mesh filter after export to prefab.

20. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Hi, quick question.
    How do I save all my Hotkeys for Umodeler, so when creating a new project
    I can copy back all of my hotkeys?
    Thanks in advance

EDIT, Ok I see that the hotkeys stay with new project but new Unity Install is different.
    So, do I just copy the Unity Settings folder or is there just one file that is important for the hotkeys?

Last edited: May 25, 2018 at 9:01 AM