Search Unity

[Released] Ultimate Traffic controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by michealcaj, Apr 4, 2020.

1. michealcaj

michealcaj

Ultimate traffic controller

#gamedesign #gamedev #IndieGameDev #gamedeveloper #unity3d #assetstore

This is a Simple ND easy to use traffic system in unity3d
    This assets enables quick and accurate traffic system for your city game, also has a pedestrian system

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/ultimate-traffic-controller-110492#description
    Features (AI) :
    ~smart traffic system
    ~smart pedestrian system
    mobile friendly
    ~handle complex roads (curves, junction, roundabouts).
    flexible( AI vehicles have the ability to change specified path which would lead to a random and realistic game play)
    supports wheelcollider
    create path just by hitting pointer at position (this technique enable dev handle multiple vehicle path easier,faster and accurate
    ~tweak values to get aggressive or calm drivers
    ~sensors to avoid obstacles including the player.
    ~set traffic desinty
    ~set spawn time of vehicles
    spawn different type vehicles
    ~can handle over 200 vehicles
    ~node based tracking system
    ~two type of AI system (racing and traffic)
    ~wheel balance
    ~user control
    ~specify engine type (nitro and normal)
    ~drivetype(front,rear,four)
    ~Set engine rpm
    ~set max speed
    set engine power
    upgrable c# scripts
    ~compatible with unity's wheelcollider system
    ~surface detection
    ~specify number of gears
    it either auto generate gear ratio or let user set manually. Your choice :)
    ~realistic vehicle sound
    ~deformation
    ~burn out effect
    ~light system
    iginition
    optimized for smother game play
    c# scripts

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Looks interesting. I don't see any curved roads in your examples or videos, can you show a video on creating curved roads and other types of junctions? Also you say it can handle up to 200 cars, how many can a mobile device support? Can you show the profiler running a scene with 200 cars so can see what kind of CPU use it takes, and also what the CPU time is for physics side of things.

How does you system handle junctions without traffic lights? Will cars pull out in front of others or is there a system to avoid that,

Also any videos showing the pedestrian system? How many pedestrians can there be in a scene?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  3. michealcaj

michealcaj

Hello mike,

Well my computer processer cant support profiler cos the processor is very weak .
    Documentation for this asset.
    https://u3dss.wordpress.com/2020/03/16/ultimate-traffic-controller/

You can always play the demo and check the fraps.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/unn3bncyruwp86y/town__test.zip

As for the curve roads you can disable the align key this will enable place nodes on any type of curved road.

4. michealcaj

michealcaj

5. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Profiler hardly takes any time especially for such a simple scene as your demo, doesn't even matter if it makes Unity crawl it will show the CPU usage, it's all very well saying its fast but without some kind of idea of CPU per vehicle no one is going to know what effect it will have on their project.
    Also you didnt answer about junctions without lights, how does you system cope with avoiding collisions when cars cross lanes when making turns in traffic?
    And no videos showing pedestrians? How fast is the Pedestrian system? How many people can I have walking around with 100 vehicles as well? Can only be answer by providing the CPU timing per vehicle to run the AI and the physics.

6. michealcaj

michealcaj

Hello mike.

Sorry for late reply i had to sleep.

Got the profiler running ,
    There is no limit on pedestrian u can spawn as many as possible , but ill say 50 people can spawn around player position once player leaves that position delete them nd respawn at new position .. Lol brother you asking a lotta of questions i likes.

As for junction without traffic lights , the trick ill have u use is place the traffic collider without the traffic light model. with this there would be no lights but vehicles would still be sensitive to collision , this is a very brilliant technic.

The pedestrian system is very light but i say 50 to 80 people should be spawned based on player position

Attached Files:

7. michealcaj

michealcaj

Oh if u wanna see the pedestrian u should download that demo i sent u ..

Ill be waiting for your feedback

8. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Err thanks, but those profiler images tell me nothing, you need to show the timings for the calls to your AI and the Physics FixedUpdate calls.

9. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

And you really need to check your system your demo is infected with a virus, thanks for that.

10. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Any update on the CPU usage?

11. michealcaj

michealcaj

Okay sir ,ill send screenshots of cpu usage to you once i get home

12. michealcaj

michealcaj

Ill update the demo and send the link to you also.

13. michealcaj

michealcaj

14. michealcaj

michealcaj

Physics update hope you can see them readings

Attached Files:

15. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

No, again that doesn't show anything, in the profiler open up the Hierarchy section, then expand the 'PlayerLoop' section and then take a grab where it will show the Time for each call to your Traffic system and the also the FixedLoop timing.

16. michealcaj

michealcaj

Hope this helps , i do assure you its very light and no glitch
    Screenshot_20200618-214423.png

17. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Again no, no use, cant read anything, instead of time line select Heirarchy mode, that will show each function and its timing, so then grab an image of the timings for your traffic system methods and for the Physics FixedUpdate methods. Not sure why I am explaining this surely as a coder you have used the Profiler and understand how it works?

18. michealcaj

michealcaj

ice_screenshot_20200619-035407.png ice_screenshot_20200619-035438.png okay the leader of the group is busy so i had to use my computer nd mine is a bit lazy thats the player loop when vehicles get to 100 nd above in number ,hope this is what you want cos im getting confused lol.
    Id like your feedback

19. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Nearly there, how many vehicles are in the scene you profiled there?

20. michealcaj

michealcaj

Exactly 100 vehicles , it can still go up to 200 vehicles if you want it , but you know you cant have all 200 vehicles on the camera veiw it doesnt make sense.

21. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Ok, so that looks to be taking 10ms to control 100 cars, so 200 cars 20ms so down to 50fps before I add anything else. Does you system support multithreading to help. I have seen other traffic systems that seem to work a lot better run 10 times faster without multithreading enabled.

22. michealcaj

michealcaj

Yeaah not yet , working on an update , which is going to make use of burst compiler and unityjobs. It should be uploaded in 4 days from now and it usually takes a few weeks in pending before it gets uploaded on the assetstore.