Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor_cross

Victor_cross

Any chance that the voxeland integration will get any more lookins to further the scripts by adding a shovel so you can add terrain or smooth with it.

Apposl likes this.
  2. Saiga308

Saiga308

Do yourself a favor and take some time to look over the Voxeland code, and the Voxeland integration code in US. Specifically the Alter function, and the Voxeland5.Voxeland.EditMode. You just change it from dig to add, or smooth, or whatever EditMode type suits your need.

Pay attention to the Voxeland5.Voxeland grassType, objectType, and landType, as these are required when setting your edit mode. Set them to the wrong type, and it won't work.

This is how you get tree chopping and land digging working. I have a system working where you can mine dirt or rock with a pickaxe, but can only dig dirt with a shovel (shovel doesn't work on rock). My axe only works on trees, it doesn't dig dirt or rock. So on and so forth.

3. Victor_cross

Victor_cross

Thanks for that ill make a script for each function dig,smooth,add and it should work good using your advice.
    Hey while you are here any Idea how I can set the toughness of the chunks so you have to strike the stone or whatever more than once so it acts the same as the tree for instance.

Apposl and VladimirRad like this.
  4. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

Hey everyone!

I have been struggling with an issue all morning and couldnt find a mention to it on the forum post so far so I'd thought I make a new post. I am having trouble adjusting the light settings in a new level. I imported some of Synty studios Viking snow pack, and the default Yellow Day Light (Sun) is really harsh.

However, when I go to the Time of Day gameobject, open Sun and tweak the intensity values and the color the values revert back to their original values after hitting apply. I attached two screenshots to look at. The first image shows the default Ultimate Survival lightning conditions in my new environment. The second image shows the Intensity settings I would like to Sun to have (the colour doesn't change either).

I'm looking forward to any advice you can provide. Thanks in advance. UltimateSurvival.PNG UltimateSurvival2.PNG

5. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

Hey I'm not using the time of day in my project I am working with enviro, but I would suggest that you have a look at the time of day gameobject there might be some curves that you could modify. I think the sun object is modified by the time of day object.

Greetings

6. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

I have made the mistake of having 2 directional lights before and it did that else just drop intensity as well as the color of the light helps quite a lot

7. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

Thank you guys for your response. monkyfizt, yes there are curves on the Time of Day object, but I was experiencing the same problem. After I hit apply the values reverted back to their original values. Wagnerlee! I will take a look ASAP once im home for a second directional light

8. Apposl

Apposl

If you sold that as an asset, I'd buy it. Just saying! Trying to build something for my daughter. Appreciate the insight on where to start trying to make changes to accomplish that though.

9. Apposl

Apposl

I know an issue I had and forgot to do with the Time of Day object, was opening up Window-Lighting-Settings and then dragging the sun from my hierarchy into the Sun Source option under Environment, FWIW.

10. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

Hello Again

ok, so no extra lights. I thought I had success by creating a new "Sun" light and replacing the default one in the Time of Day Gameobject but once again, after hitting the apply button the intensity values go back. I think then this must be linked to the Curve. But I dont know how to modify it. When I change the curve in the bar graph say to the straight line and close the window, nothing changes in the inspector, the curve is still there.

Any more advice?

11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, find the AnimationCurveFieldDrawer script and delete it.

wagnerlee likes this.
  12. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

The best thing to do in my opinion is to actually get the enviro plugin, it is worth it as it gives you more options and you will find that it works with any project type I think someone did mention it before, i myself will be using enviro for my project with a separate weather system as well. i do hope this helps :) or the above :);)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  13. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup, or any other fully functional time of day/weather system that is specifically built to handle that stuff. But as far as Enviro, that is another asset which @TheMessyCoder did an integration with Ultimate Survival video for.

14. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Hmm, it seemed in your video that it was working on trees and land which is what was working for me when I tried it before. Are you meaning you want to be able to dig dirt, mine stone, and chop trees or do you mean something else?

I've been debating with myself if I should get ootii or opsive controllers or just wait for this asset to see if it works well enough. Not really sure which one to go with.

15. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I had it working as a prototype. The player would dig with the pickaxe and get a "dirt" item which could then be equiped and replaced on the terrain with would call the Add function from voxeland. It wasnt perfect but it did let the player dig dirt and place it back on the terrain.
    Wasnt very difficult either.

16. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Well I'm terrible at coding so its gunna be a very long road ahead to achieve anything that resembles digging, adding dirt etc...I do hope to find a tutorial one day to help me along as coding for this(and everything else) seems to be like Chinese. So ya its difficult lol

17. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

Thank you Winterbyte312. Removing that script allowed me to save the changes to my Light Curve. I appreciate your help. After removing the script I got a warning but am unsure if it was associated with that script or not.

The warning reads "The referenced Script on this Behaviour (GameObject 'PrefabPainterSceneSettings') is missing!". A search through the Asset Pack returns nothing else with that name. Has anyone else come across this warning?

18. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Ah no I'm my video the tree is mined with the ultimate survival script.

19. Apposl

Apposl

Question on US + Voxeland. I followed Messy Coder's tutorial, but am unable to actually dig into the terrain, I just mine stone from the ground, cut the grass a bit, and also mine stones from the trees. Is this because I am using the Voxeland free evaluation version, or my own error somewhere? If someone has encountered or covered this and could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I really like what I see with Voxeland so I just want to make sure I can actually make this work before I purchase. Thought I'd ask. Thanks!

20. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

So? 0.2 before christmas?

JMyerscough and Apposl like this.
  21. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Does the new version support mobile?

22. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

Yes. If you have a look at trello it says that 0.2 will support trello

23. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

@monkyfizt

We do not know. Because the plan changes at any time.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  24. Apposl

Apposl

:(

25. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, it does. We created a demo scene for mobile devices a while ago. However we might not include it in the testing version, at the moment it is broken and we probably won't have the time to repair it until Christmas.

Apposl likes this.
  26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Most of 0.2 before christmas.

27. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

most?

28. Oldnag

Oldnag

lol

pushingpandas likes this.
  29. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

@Winterbyte312 Random question did you get my email confirming my purchase so i may receive the beta copy?

30. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Less important things will be left out for now, so we can focus on the important ones. For now I'm thinking of not including the main menu & mobile scene as they need a few days each. All that is for having something ready before 25th. They will be fixed and uploaded soon after the initial upload :)

jesseganey and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Let me know your e-mail address so I can verify.

32. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Would love to get in on the beta as well!!

33. danreid70

danreid70

Me too. Please add me to the beta list?

Have been silently reading these posts since I purchased the original version almost a year ago (has it been so long?). Very excited to see how it's turned out - and patiently awaiting the Multiplayer update later on to see how it's been implemented. In no rush here, so no worries. If I needed multiplayer now, I'd roll my own - but I really like having the full systems in place without having to hack and watch things break when different packages go out of sync with different release timelines, etc. Anyway - AWESOME package!!! Love the current version, and really looking forward to the next updates!!! :)

erichey and doodle911 like this.
  34. Tankinstein509

Tankinstein509

Can I get added to the beta list? I'll gladly email you :D

35. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

That makes sense and I'm okay with that! I can't wait to try it out :D

36. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

If anyone wants to "sign up" for the testing version, send the invoice number at winterbyte312@gmail.com, with the appropiate subject.

BackwoodsGaming, doodle911 and MP-ul like this.
  39. doodle911

doodle911

Sent email :)

40. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

@Winterbyte312, those who sent the invoice number, some time ago. I suppose they sent them a beta copy.
    No?

or do you have to send the invoice number again to enter the beta?

and a pity that the mobile option is out, PC version and I'm not interested anymore, for when will be for mobiles?

thx

41. Supgarn

Supgarn

@Winterbyte312 Today i sent email invoice number but when i you will sent beta version.

Thanks.

42. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I have their invoice number.
    Shortly after the initial upload we'll fix a couple things and upload again. The mobile fixes will take a few days. Menu might take 5-7.

43. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

see this post

44. jesseganey

jesseganey

i sent my invoice please put me on the list.

45. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Sent. Thank you

46. Paulsummer

Paulsummer

Hi Can i ask can this be added to my own terrain i have made in Unity or does it have to stay on the terrain in the package ? any TUTS on adding this onto a new terrain ?

Thanks

47. laft1997

laft1997

I sent email to you with Invoice no.

48. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Search for the messy coder on youtube :)

Paulsummer likes this.
  49. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Thank you very much, we tested the beta to the maximum to give as much feedback as possible.

50. Cybit

Cybit

So glad I decided to check in on the forum first I've heard about this. Is this going to be staying in Unity 5.6.3 or moving up to a new version of Unity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.