Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

To publish the kit on the store, on top of the actual content, we have to remake the docs, video trailer, images, icons, etc. And then the actual review from the asset store team. It's very difficult to estimate when it'll be on the store.

However, I will send a testing version before preparing for submission, which will be enough for almost anyone to get started. Anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks from now.

2. Candac59

Candac59

Hi, i have same problem but i can't make a new import of US because reimport of US don't propose me reimport Input (all projectsettings).

Yeah ! i'm happy to hear that ! Thanks you :)

3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

My colleague made a mistake recently and uploaded the project under 3D models/characters (here the project settings aren't taken into consideration)
    I'm uploading it again in the correct category.
    In the meantime, I've attached an archive with the settings if you need them.

Attached Files:

Firesoft and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  4. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Looking very forward to that the test :)

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  5. Candac59

Candac59

No problems, thanks for the .rar :)

6. Firesoft

Firesoft

Happy to know!

7. nomax5

nomax5

I'm in a similar position, I'm currently doing a simple swimming system just in case...

8. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

HYPE

9. nathanjams

nathanjams

@Winterbyte312 That worked! Thank you so much. If anyone is curious about setting up a CineMachine virtual camera let me know.

Nathan

10. gegebel

gegebel

If you would create a tutorial I could post it on the wiki. So everyone could access and find it. The more the better I guess :D

jesseganey likes this.
  11. Kats4

Kats4

Does anyone know if "FPS Weapons" is compatible or is it easy to integrate with US?
    I'm in doubt if I buy this asset.

12. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Can anyone create animation tutorials and how to implement them with US, or suggest some.

Thanx in advance

13. Shawn67

Shawn67

@TheMessyCoder did a video review of them and I asked him. He said if you follow his video for adding weapons they should work. The weapons he added in his video tutorial on adding weapons were from the same publisher's western pack. So I imagine scale and everything would be same/similar to the ones in his add weapons tutorial.

I'm kicking myself for not setting back more money for this sale. At 1/2 off, that is a great deal. And the animations @TheMessyCoder tested in his video looked friggin AWESOME!!! I would say if you have the cash for them and need modern weapons for your game, these are a must buy!

antoripa, TheMessyCoder and Kats4 like this.
  14. Candac59

Candac59

Hello,

I created a new scene for my main menu but when I load the next scene, I get this error:

I do not understand absolutely...

15. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Open the GUIController script, delete everything and paste this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. namespace UltimateSurvival.GUISystem
    7. {
    8.     public class GUIController : MonoSingleton<GUIController>
    9.     {
    10.         public PlayerEventHandler Player { get; private set; }
    12.         /// <summary>The main Canvas that's used for the GUI elements.</summary>
    13.         public Canvas Canvas { get { return m_Canvas; } }
    15.         /// <summary>All the item collections that are part of the GUI.</summary>
    16.         public ItemContainer[] Containers { get; private set; }
    18.         public Font Font { get { return m_Font; } }
    20.         [Header("Setup")]
    22.         [SerializeField]
    23.         private Canvas m_Canvas;
    25.         [SerializeField]
    26.         private Camera m_GUICamera;
    28.         [SerializeField]
    29.         private Font m_Font;
    31.         [SerializeField]
    32.         [Reorderable]
    33.         [Tooltip("If the player clicks while on those rects, the current selection will not be lost.")]
    34.         private ReorderableRectTransformList m_SelectionBlockers;
    36.         [Header("Audio")]
    38.         [SerializeField]
    39.         private AudioClip m_InventoryOpenClip;
    41.         [SerializeField]
    42.         private AudioClip m_InventoryCloseClip;
    45.         public ItemContainer GetContainer(string name)
    46.         {
    47.             for(int i = 0;i < Containers.Length;i ++)
    48.                 if(Containers[i].Name == name)
    49.                     return Containers[i];
    51.             Debug.LogWarning("No container with the name " + name + " found!");
    53.             return null;
    54.         }
    56.         public bool MouseOverSelectionKeeper()
    57.         {
    58.             for (int i = 0; i < m_SelectionBlockers.Count; i++)
    59.             {
    60.                 if(!m_SelectionBlockers[i].gameObject.activeSelf)
    61.                     continue;
    63.                 bool containsPoint = RectTransformUtility.RectangleContainsScreenPoint(m_SelectionBlockers[i], Input.mousePosition, m_GUICamera);
    64.                 if(containsPoint)
    65.                     return true;
    66.             }
    68.             return false;
    69.         }
    71.         public void ApplyForAllCollections()
    72.         {
    73.             foreach(var collection in GetComponentsInChildren<ItemContainer>(true))
    74.                 collection.ApplyAll();
    75.         }
    77.         private void Awake()
    78.         {
    79.             Containers = GetComponentsInChildren<ItemContainer>(true);
    80.             Player = GameController.LocalPlayer;
    81.         }
    83.         private void Start()
    84.         {
    85.             InventoryController.Instance.State.AddChangeListener(OnChanged_InventoryState);
    86.         }
    88.         private void OnChanged_InventoryState()
    89.         {
    90.             if(!InventoryController.Instance.IsClosed)
    91.                 GameController.Audio.Play2D(m_InventoryOpenClip, 0.6f);
    92.             else
    93.                 GameController.Audio.Play2D(m_InventoryCloseClip, 0.6f);
    94.         }
    95.     }
    96. }
    Let me know if it works, or if you have any other errors when changing scenes.

Candac59 likes this.
  16. Kats4

Kats4

Thanks for the great response.:)
    I think i'll buy it.
    By @TheMessyCoder video, it's an excellent asset, really impressive.
    If i can do some integration, i will share with you, showing the results.

Shawn67 likes this.
  17. Candac59

Candac59

It's work and i have no errors :p thanks you Winterbyte !

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  18. gegebel

gegebel

What type of animations? since US is First Person, there's not much you can animate, besides hands.

19. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

http://bit.ly/unityblackfriday

:) if you want to help support my vids, please use asset store link if you want to buy anything from Unity
    It's quite bad % but better than nothing. YouTube makes $$0

http://bit.ly/unityblackfriday

Kats4, ocimpean, antoripa and 3 others like this.
  20. nathanjams

nathanjams

Has anyone got Xbox input working along side keyboard and mouse input?

In the Input Manager, if I change the "Run" Key Input from "Left Shift" to "Joystick Button 0" I can have the player run when I press the "A' button. But if I leave the original "Run" to "Left Shift" and add a second "Run" this time selecting "Joystick Button 0" my Xbox input does not work. Is there a way to support multiple input types? I'm get the feeling that I need to have two Input Data files. One for Keyboard/mouse and one for Controller and have a menu option for toggling.

Can I select joystick axes for inputs designated as buttons? I'm having a hard time assigning Axes inputs to those actions (again, say I want to assign Run to Left Trigger).

Finally, is it possible to assign gamepad control to the GUI? I'm trying to find a way to snap the input controls to the UI windows but it appears that the UI is always enabled and it's just the Transform values and canvas Alpha channel that are changed. Is this correct?

I see that in the window.cs script there is open and close methods. However, if I try adding:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   _slot = selectSlot.transform.GetChild(0).gameObject;
    2.             _slot.GetComponent<Slot>().Select();
    to the Open method, to select the first slot, the inventory slots don't appear at all in the UI when the inventory window is opened. And I get this error:

Which I believe is cause because there are multiple instances of the window.cs script and not all have the public field assigned.

So then my question: is there a way to snap controller support to the first generated slot of a collection?

I'm sorry for the long and demanding post.
    Thanks,
    Nathan

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  21. gegebel

gegebel

Input is being revamped by Unity. As far as I know you can select to use it in the settings.
    As far as using controllers in the UI, you "just" need to set the navigation in the UI inspector

LINK

nathanjams likes this.
  22. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

If you have Rewired (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21676) that has an integration with Ultimate Survival. Rewired handles keyboard/mouse/controllers very nicely.

guavaman and nathanjams like this.
  23. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  24. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Hi Thanx for the response, yes we need hand animation tutorials we want to create unique reload animations and shoot animations for weapons, also character animation for multiplayer when that comes out i suppose there will already be some animation to characters but again we want to import other characters :)

25. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi. Animation tutorials are not specific to ultimate survival. There are loads of great ones YouTube if that helps

26. nomax5

nomax5

Hey Winterbyte312 I notice on Trello you have water sounds to do, there is a Free asset I found on the asset store the guy seems really cool all his asset are free perhaps you could do a deal or just point people in his direction I'm sure a bit of exposure would be good for him.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14039

Cheers

Roy

27. JamesL98

JamesL98

I have mixed feelings about this asset package, on one hand its the best package ive bought and used on the other hand its slightly unoptimised which would be fine for a new asset package but updates dont seem to be a re-curring thing that will appear frequently. This asset has a lot of potential and if the devs aren't careful its going to head downhill. Im sticking along for the ride hoping you guys keep up your work along side my project.

28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi Jimmy, we know that.. I am confident that the next update will get everything back on track.
    Thank you for sticking along. Can you tell me which parts are not optimised in 0.1?

The water sounds are done, we try to stay away from using external assets even if we can work out an agreement with the author.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Cybit likes this.
  29. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Hi Thanx will have a look only thing im struggling with lol, looking very forward to the new version, like the new vids btw it is great to see someone showing a bit of the assets on the asset store nice way to go see if it is worth buying or not

30. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thanks. And dont forget to check out my interview with Synty Studios. If Winterbyte are brave enough I might interview them too :) you guys can send me questions to ask them on video

Kats4 and Brandon_Powell like this.
  31. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi guys

I finally got around to try voxeland with ultimate survival. Anyone had better luck than me?

50% off! http://bit.ly/voxeland

KIR99, Cybit, Kats4 and 1 other person like this.
  32. johny256

johny256

Candac59 and ronaldomoon like this.
  33. MCDS47

MCDS47

How do you make a new model actually hit and damage with this system. I can't figure out how to make a custom attack animation have the same effect. Anyone know how to fix this?

34. nathanjams

nathanjams

Thanks for your response. I'm a little thick though, you mind explaining how you set the navigation in the UI inspector? Do you mean having the Slot components set to automatic navigation (I don't think this is what you mean because they are set by default)? My challenge at the moment is getting the controller focus to snap to a UI component when the UI window opens because the intractable components generated at run time (I believe) and I don't know how to assign the connection on window open.

Thank you

Nathan

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  35. Cybit

Cybit

Can understand how you're feeling with the animations thing.

With the promise of multiplayer coming in the 0.2 update, we should have a full character to add animations to. Here's one of my favorite animation tools - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/skele-character-animation-tools-16899

We're using US as a template for our space survival game, so custom animations are a must for us. Right now, we're just waiting for the 0.2 update. Then going from there. Hoping to integrate [ Invector ] Third Person Controller - Shooter Template into our project. Then the MCS male and female character rigs etc.

Kats4 likes this.
  36. Shawn67

Shawn67

You may want to take a look at Trello. Multiplayer and third person aren't due until 0.3. I just looked to make sure it hadn't been changed but it is still in 0.3 as it was when I bought US back in July. :) I'd say it will be quite a bit before we see 0.3. ;)

Cybit and Brandon_Powell like this.
  37. gegebel

gegebel

First you need to "focus" on the window which opens, then you need to set the element you want to focus on.

You might want to look at SetSelectedGameObject

38. nathanjams

nathanjams

@gegebel
    Edit: Issue 1 resolved. I moved the Select method to a coroutine and delayed the call half a second and it worked! I'll leave it here in case it's helpful for anyone else. Still confused about the Slot prefab though (See issue 2), if anyone knows anything I would be grateful.

Issue 2 resolved. @gegebel comment below is correct, the slot prefab resides in the Hierarchy, not the Project folder. I've never seen this before.

Issue 1 (resolved). I can't figure out how to call the Select() method to have the Button or Slot selected. I tried adding the function to the public virtual void Open() method but it's still not connecting.

In my Inventory I added a new button to focus on. In my Window script I declaired

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public Button selectButton = null;
    and to the public virtual void Open(), I added:

Code (CSharp):
    2.             if (selectButton != null)
    3.             {
    4.                 selectButton.Select();
    5.             }
    But the button is still not being selected. Is this the right place to call this? If I make a new script and call
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public Button selectButton = null;
    3.     public void OnClick()
    4.     {
    5.         if (selectButton != null)
    6.         {
    7.             selectButton.Select();
    8.         }
    9.     }
    Through a different Button's OnClick it works. I just don't completely understand how US UI windows work at the moment.

Issue 2 (resolved). Also, does anyone know how to modify the Slot(Template)(Clone) objects? There doesn't seem to be any prefab of that object, only as part of the "In Game-GUI" prefab.

If I manually change all the Slot objects in the Hierarchy and manually select the button I can navigate with my xbox controller and have the Slots highlight so I know that this will all work. I'm just stuck on the two issues.

Thanks in advance

Nathan

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  39. Cybit

Cybit

@Shawn67 - Sorry, had a Duh moment. I just realized what you meant.
    Thanks, we are aware of that. At this point though, it seems useless to keep going forward with our build until the next update. We're waiting to see what changes with the 0.2 update exactly. I'm hoping by the time the 0.3 update comes along, we'll have our single player version done and into an alpha stage. Waiting for the 0.2 update is nothing to us, it gives us time to develop some other assets for our project, gather some texture and material resources and do a bit more research on some of our concept idea's.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Shawn67 and jesseganey like this.
  40. gegebel

gegebel

As far as I can remember, the Slot prefab sits somewhere in the Hierarchy, would have to look that up though.

nathanjams likes this.
  41. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Are you going to do a beta test? When do you do beta testing? I really waited a lot of time.

42. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Hi They told me in a few weeks so I guess around the 20th December, not to long.

43. Jschilz1

Jschilz1

Any Help would be Appreciated , I am a 45 year old who after an injury had to retire and decided to get back into programming after many years and now working more in game development but i majored in computer programming in the 80's and its all different now lol. what i am having issues with may not be an easy fix or maybe it is but i notice others having issues with this while waiting out USv3.0 with multiplayer, so i am hoping some of us can get together and find our own solution.

Using Unet I have created a game using this Ultimate Survival Template and everything is working great but the Networking to multiplayer is completely new to me and cant wrap my head around it all. While i can spawn players in and each have their own camera to work individually i have problems with the fps camera that shows the FPS view and has the weapons on it and how to get that to work while still allowing others to see the weapon in world view any suggestions would be great thanks.

Here is what i did to get the camera working for the players to see other players and move without affecting the others
    Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using UnityEngine.Networking;
    5. public class PlayerSetup : NetworkBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     [SerializeField]
    8.     Behaviour[] componentsToDisable;
    10.     [SerializeField]
    11.     Behaviour[] componentsToEnable;
    13.     Camera sceneCamera;
    15.     void Start()
    16.     {
    17.         gameObject.name = netId.ToString();
    19.         if (!isLocalPlayer)
    20.         {
    21.             for (int i = 0; i< componentsToDisable.Length; i++)
    22.             {
    23.                 componentsToDisable[i].enabled = false;
    24.             }
    25.         }
    26.         else
    27.         {
    28.             sceneCamera = Camera.main;
    29.             if (sceneCamera != null)
    30.             {
    31.                 sceneCamera.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    32.             }
    33.         }
    34.         if (isLocalPlayer)
    35.         {
    36.             for (int i = 0; i < componentsToEnable.Length; i++)
    37.             {
    38.                 componentsToEnable[i].enabled = true;
    39.             }
    41.         }
    42.     }
    43.     void OnDisable()
    44.     {
    45.         if (sceneCamera != null)
    46.         {
    47.             sceneCamera.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    48.         }
    49.     }
    50. }
    If some of you can help me with the next portion to get the weapons to show to wold view and work in local view at same time or how we may have to change the template to work

I appreciate any help that can be given thanks in advance

44. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Just about 3 weeks left at the most :D

45. gegebel

gegebel

Since this is no task I could explain in a few lines, all I can suggest is that you watch the Unity Live training called Merry Fragmas 3.0. It has all you need and is well explained too. While it's not specifically about US, they show you the how and the why.

LINK

46. Kats4

Kats4

Thanks @gegebel , this will help me too. I'm buying Opsive TPC to integrate with US, I did not have much success with Invector.
    And since Opsive already has a good base of multiplayer, I believe that this tutorial will help me a lot.
    I am studying very UNET to be able to create my own solution for US Multiplayer. I hope to succeed. TKS

47. Jschilz1

Jschilz1

i did look at that and maybe i missed it but i didnt see how it separated a two camera system like US has ill go back and look to see if i missed that part thanks

48. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Could be 2 weeks, could be 3. We're working towards having a testing version ready before Christmas. Even if it's not 100% complete, I will upload so we can gather some opinions and take down more bugs.

49. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Is 0.2 easier to integrate with other assets than 0.1?

50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes it's easier due to using interfaces to communicate with major systems eg. time, surfaces, pooling, water, etc. You can switch some builtin systems with others without modifying the source code (hopefully it'll work nicely, that's why we want some feedback as soon as possible :) ).

mwituni, ronaldomoon, Cybit and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity