Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

It's like a bottomless pit. You can sink slowly down, but that gasp for air forces you to be quick.

@WinterByte
    We all float down here.

2. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

We all float down here!

3. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Good day @Winterbyte312

I want to buy this asset now i can see on your trollo that there has been work done on it recently, and i will buy it for the $35 charge but my question is, that is the updates gonna keep taking so long?

I am only gonna use some aspects of this and change it up quite a lot as we are Building a multiplayer survival game and need a building system as well as inventory just like this one :)

Thanx in advance and good luck with your Consumers that seems quite mad about the delayed updates.

Kind Regards

4. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

Ironically, if he had not released his roadmap for development, all the doubters would be busy singing his praises for 1.5.....Shoulda stayed hush hush mate :)

5. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

6. gegebel

gegebel

Many of us wouldn't have bought it.
    I know many here bought it to support him since he said April. Which was about 1 month after release, so we decided to give him money so he can do it. For what's in it now I wouldn't have bought it.

tra2002, adndima, erichey and 2 others like this.
  7. bobbybau

bobbybau

We better listen to this guys opinion! hes released billion dollar games!! and well. his opinion is just godly! so godly he can tell people not to stay on this forum if they disagree with his opinions! we all bow to your godly experience as a person who just know everything and is never wrong!! .. oh.. F*** off :)

8. gegebel

gegebel

See I knew you would come to reason and accept me as your GOD :cool:

jesseganey likes this.
  9. bobbybau

bobbybau

i would rather accept aids to be honest :) but you live your internet dream... you can be anything you want on the internet :)

jessejarvis likes this.
  10. gegebel

gegebel

This is just disrespectful to all people who have aids to be honest. I wonder how you can live with yourself being so heartless to people with this infection.
    Being an a** is one thing, disrespect sick people is another, you're just a poor guy with no life trying to drag everyone down.
    Go play with yourself and stop posting in this forum since you think it's not gonna be released anyway.

bobbybau, uni7y, Nateply and 2 others like this.
  11. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

it works with mobile ?

12. nomax5

nomax5

I do apologize to all the people who this post doesn’t relate to but the general tone of this thread is infantile and I just want to point something out.

This asset is not will NOT make your game for you !!!

you have to do that for yourself

Let me give you a motor car analogy

Winterbyte releases a simple Car that is pretty cheap but fully working.
    it works so well that some people manage to resell the car on steam with very little modification.

With this car you can take it apart and see how it works.
    you can replace any parts you like and make it your own.

But on the forum some people are constantly moaning
    I wouldn’t have bought this if I knew it would take months to get the windshield
    I’ve been waiting since April for Alloy wheels !!

Instead of complaining why not offer some help and encouragement make some videos like Messy Coder contribute to the wiki show us what you’ve got so far.

because at the end of the day

This asset is not will NOT make your game for you !!!

you have to do that for yourself

13. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I agree with you 100%, this asset will not make your game for you, and I don't want it to, but in defence of the people on hear complaining about the update like I am. I will also use the motor car analogy, I have bought many cars and I know how sales work with them.

Example: Winterbyte releases a simple Car that is pretty cheap but fully working. It is a great price but you are not so sure you want it or not. You keep looking at the car to see what all you can do to make it better, The salesman really wants to sell you the car so while you are looking at the car the salesman says: IF you buy it today I will throw in a better stereo. Still not sure if you want it or not the salesman then says: how about I throw some new tires on it and give it a tune-up so that it runs better, and then we will polish it up so it looks good, Now with these promises you see that the car will look better and perform better and you decide ( because of the promises made ) that you will now buy the car. You ask the salesman when they will be done with the promises they made and you can pick it up. The salesman tells you that you can pick up your car the next day. So you pay him and go home. The next day comes and nothing has been done to your car yet, and once again you are told it will be done tomorrow, this goes on and on for weeks and months. That's kinda what has happened here.

It's not that we want him to build the game for us, he seems to be doing that on his own he is adding so much to the template that it seems HE is building a full game, no one asks him to do all that, we just wanted him to make the improvements that he promised. We just wanted the asset to use with the extra promises he made, to make the asset look better and perform better. Nothing to do with building the game for us.

As far as him coming on here telling everyone he will be back with updates and a date for release, I won't believe it until I see it. WHY because we have heard that since April. so him saying it again don't really hold much credit in my book.

14. LittleMike

LittleMike

Except the analogy is wrong. It would be more like the salesmen saying, okay, well you could buy it now and it has these features, but if you wait for the 2018 model, it will have THIS!

You decided to bet on future features that may or may not ever come. That's nobody's fault but your own.

Teila likes this.
  15. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

let's continue with the car...

I bought a car because the store clerk told me that the next month I was going to make an oil change, I was going to paint the car in blue, and I was going to cover the seats of leopard skin.

6 months have passed and you have not done anything yet...

Do you see it normal? Would you complain? Would you buy another car from this seller?

16. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

But in the meantime, he's put Pirelli's on it, retuned the ECU, repaired the suspension and added BRAKES. Thought you might like them too.
    I'm waiting patiently....cos when he;s finished it's gonna be WICKED!
    He was a little optimistic with his timeframes....but that's it. He IS only one man after all.
    "let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."
    So what you are telling me is that NONE of you have EVER been late to ANYTHING, EVER?
    Stop being dicks.

Will-D-Ramsey and jesseganey like this.
  17. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Well said. However unfortunately the infantile minds will not change as they are childish, it will just continue and continue. Once 0.2 is released, people will complain about 0.3. And so on. It's fine though as I just ignore them and generally check the forums for updates, you can't win against the trolls but you can laugh at them as they think they're making a difference by showing their true colors in their posts.

You're buying the product as is with possible future patches. Technically he could be done with this right now if he wanted, he doesn't have to add more to it. You buy 0.1, not 0.2. I bought plenty of Asset Packs because they were good asset packs, Props Animations is great for instance because it comes with so many prototype animations. I didn't buy Props Animations because they add new animations all the time, that's a bonus.

And please people stop saying version 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 because this is version 0.1 and next is version 0.2. NOT 1/2 because what happens when version 1.0 comes out? Can't have 2 version 1.0's.

18. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Many of you who buy the asset now, did not buy it with some conditions, but those who bought the asset at the beginning we bought it under conditions in which tells us that if we buy it, in April we would have the output of 0.2. therefore, if this is not respected in the dates and I do not care what some people think. is infringing an article of criminal law, illicit or deceptive advertising with high costs of fine and a few months of imprisonment if without more, and only with a few people we denounce, you may fall hair.

19. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

@WinterByte you commented that the one that was not according you would return the money to him, because I want that you give back the money to me, I feel cheated.

20. Oldnag

Oldnag

your gonna cry over 30 bucks? you get more than your moneys worth for the price its at.

nomax5 likes this.
  21. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

Well said, jessejarvis. I bought this on the strength of the 0.1 release. It's still one of the best assets in the store. Hearing what was coming in 0.2 was just a bonus, and I can wait to try it out.
    But if you are REALLY waiting on 0.2...it can only mean that you lack the skills to add these very simple things like multiplayer (which can be done in 10 minutes with Master Server Framework, Smartfox Server, Photon, or even the BUILT IN U-Net), save and load....Really? There's not enough videos on Youtube explaining EXACTLY how to do that? MessyCoder has a video for just about everything possible...
    What exactly ARE you waiting on? For Winterbyte to finish writing your game for you.....

nomax5 likes this.
  22. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

You can buy any asset and they will all promise the future. The most important part to remember is that your game/project has to start from somewhere. All games have some sort of origin. Weather you start small or big, the "you" is who makes the game. So don't wait on assets... just find a way to do the things you want. I know it's easier said then done, but I got the Ultimate Survival to have vehicles, multiplayer, save system, swimming, flashlight, and endless world all from inside the Unity Editor. I like the Ultimate Survival asset and I'm pretty sure that there will be a 0.2 soon. I probably wont use it because of how far I got with 0.1.5. You have to start from somewhere. Don't wait for updates, just start.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  23. gegebel

gegebel

I want to see you build in the saving system for the multiplayer inventory, crafting and building system in 10 minutes. Go.

24. zenGarden

zenGarden

I am not sure it will be 0.3 and i am not sure @Winterbyte312 want to continue with actual customers behaviour.
    Perhaps it will be 0.2 that will stay with it's features, and getting only bug fixes, while new features will be plugin addons.
    About addons, he'll manage that differently, no release date until it's ready.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  25. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I've thought the same thing at times since starting to follow this thread. This has to be one of the worse threads I've followed as far as community behavior towards the developer. If he posts too much to Trello, people complain. If he doesn't post updates on Trello, people complain. If he posts updates here, people complain that he is doing too many things or complain about/requests things that aren't listed. People complain about not having a date but then when it is late. The type of behavior that has gone on in this thread is what drives many developers away from developing for the asset store. And as for anyone who bought an asset from a first-time publisher based on a promised new release with as much as what was slated for 0.2 only a month after initial release, why would you do that? Never purchase an asset based on what is promised! If the asset isn't worth what you are paying for it as it sits, don't buy it!

At any rate, my thoughts are everyone probably has him so stressed that it is taking him longer to do things. Give the guy a break and let him finish. The community has done nothing but beat up on the guy since at least July when I purchased the asset. And I know some of you are working on games and have deadlines and such. But again, in my opinion, you got yourself into a mess with your deadlines for purchasing something that promises to have something you needed but didn't actually have it done yet.

26. zenGarden

zenGarden

Indeed it's not good users behaviour. But @Winterbyte312 didn't managed it in a good way.

Some plugin developpers manage customer in better ways with no promises, no trello, and without taking any new ideas as something that must be implemented.
    They only give estimated date when they are already working on it and sure about the remaining time to release.

Anyway, i am waiting for next update, and hope next features will be plugin addons.

27. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I'm not like you, I'm not a programmer, I'm just a designer and that's why I bought the asset, I did not buy it like 0.1 like you. I buy it as 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 since I am among the first to buy the asset. so if I buy a car with a motor do not try to sell me the car without a motor, because I buy it with the condition that the car had to have motorcycles, but hey as you understand the motor mount that is easy.

28. gegebel

gegebel

Just that the people complaining are waiting since March/April for something. it keeps being delayed. The problem is not the fact he didn't deliver, the problem is his lack of skills in communication aka lies.

You can tell people you are going to release in April. Since you don't hit the date, you say end of May, then beginning June, end of June, sometimes in July, then you say August and keep going on. We will hit November in 2 days and he failed to deliver anything but promises.

Software development does take time and yes you can get into problems and even lose data. Stop lying to your customers though.
    He wrote in this forum, told us he would show us videos, pictures, systems and what not and NEVER delivered. He's just lying and that's an issue.
    You gladly take the money, but you can't even be honest with your customers? So stop telling us how bad we are and look for once at his behavior. Anyone working like this would lose it's job/customers.
    Stop defending someone who obviously has no problem lying to everyone and lacks any communication skill.

tra2002 and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  29. LittleMike

LittleMike

The amount of self-entitlement in this thread is astounding. If I were the developer, I'd give you all refunds and ban you from the thread.

1. You all paid for an asset as-is. That's how it works. Those are the Unity asset store rules. Your deadlines, your hopes of what the asset will become in future revisions, all of that doesn't mean squat. If you get what was advertised within the release, then the developer delivered as far as Unity is concerned.

2. Saying Winterbyte is lying is downright libelous. In order to be lying, he would have to willingly try to deceive. There is no evidence that he has done so. Overpromise and underdeliver? Maybe. In other words, he was wrong, not lying. Those are two completely separate things and at this point this thread is so filled with garbage that I'm just going to hit the report button on anything unrelated to the actual asset. This thread needs some serious moderation because it is completely out of hand.

30. gegebel

gegebel

1. Since the update was advertised in the asset store and didn't deliver. Unity says explicitly not to advertise future updates for a good reason, but winterbyte decided to do so. So he is at fault and didn't deliver as advertised.

2. He did write he will give us updates as well as videos of the inventory system, that's months ago. He keeps answering to people the update will be delivered end of the month, every month, to me that's lying, because he definitely knows how much work he has left.

report me, who gives a damn about what you report or not? I'm reporting facts, what about you ?

People who want to buy this asset have a right to know how this asset is being developed and have a right to know the developer lacks communication skills. It's all true and can all be verified by reading this thread.

I'm not gonna let anyone shut my mouth because they are some kind of fanboy.
    Truth has to be told and the truth is, customers get lots of talk, nothing else.

31. zenGarden

zenGarden

Will change something ? no and it's not construtive.

Learn coding , learn Playmaker if you can't code, or find a team mate coder. This way, you would already had your game features complete :rolleyes:

32. LittleMike

LittleMike

Okay, cool. Reported.

Advertising updates is not against the rules, only if he misrepresents what is in the current release.

"He keeps answering to people the update will be delivered end of the month, every month, to me that's lying"

What you think is lying is not up for debate. It's very simple. It's not. I don't care about your opinion, I care about facts, and what you're posting is your opinion, and harassing the developer. It's very simple. Get a refund. Accusing people of lying is not only not a solution, but can get you in trouble. Winterbyte clearly overestimated on how soon he can deliver on updates, videos, tutorials, etc. But here's the thing. He has ZERO obligation to do any of that. Got a problem with it? Take it up with Unity and keep the thread free of nonsense.

Will-D-Ramsey and Old_Wolf like this.
  33. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Weather @WinterByte ever updates this or not, it shouldn't matter. @TheMessyCoder has great tutorials for this asset, the wiki has some great integration tutorials and seems like it someday will be very useful, this asset as is should be plenty for you to START building your game. This shouldn't build your game and you change the UI and models and boom full game. No this should provide the basic functions of your game and your game should be heavily based on what you coded not someone else

TheMessyCoder and LittleMike like this.
  34. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Way to attack a specific number instead of seeing the point.....
    You know...how with enough effort literally any of us could make what we're waiting for...
    Voicing your opinion is one thing but telling people to leave the forum because they disagree with you? Just grow up man... its cringy....

35. gegebel

gegebel

It's just about being realistic. If saving and multiplayer was so easy, everyone could do it, which is not the case.
    Many people don't have the understanding and logic thinking to even get close to this. It's not about putting enough effort into it. Some people are good at art, others at coding and some can do both. But not everyone can do this.
    If it was all so easy, why does Winterbyte (who is a good coder) need so much time ?

BTW I didn't tell him to leave, I said GO as in, start and we will see when you get done.

Programming single systems is not very difficult, getting them to work all together is the issue, which is why people want to use US.
    The single systems are not that good in the actual version, many dependencies and bugs and what not, which need to be fixed.
    I'm just being tired of all the fanboys here thinking it's ok to lie, because no matter how you look at it, if someone says something over and over and keeps deceiving, it is a lie. But I'm not gonna argue about this anymore.

Can someone program what winterbyte announced for 0.2? Someone who knows how to code, yes.
    The question would be, will it be integrated or hacked into.
    While @TheMessyCoder does a good job in his tutorials, many things are kinda hacked in and not really integrated.
    So yea, you can program most things, but it will neither be effective nor good coding. It's not @TheMessyCoder fault or his lack of knowledge, but the way this asset has been programmed and designed.

I don't need lots of hacked in systems, that, I can do myself. What we all need is a fully integrated system. Something like US, but better.

There's a reason why some tutorials are not being released. The most obvious one is of course "working tables".

As I said before, I love this asset but I sure don't like the communication of the developer.
    I wouldn't have created the wiki if it wouldn't be like this.

I don't see why some people are being afraid to just put all cards on the table and see facts.

Fact is, this is a good asset, for the price.
    Fact is, it takes too long for the updates.
    Fact is, the communication from the developer is far from being even ok.
    Fact is, as good as the asset is now, it's far from being good enough to create a quality game, even with lots of programming and art changes.

What could be done better?
    Update people on the real standing of development once a week, would go a long way.
    As of what needs to be done better in the asset:
    -Less dependencies
    -Less systems anchored in the core
    -Less art
    -Less specifics and more generalized stuff
    -Less bugs

I might sound entitled, but it's not like I did not try to help people by helping them with issues and creating the wiki.

36. zenGarden

zenGarden

One positive point.

Lot of complaints.

You should drop the plugin as it brings you so much frustration you can' t stop saying it again and again on this thread.

You seem to know somewhat about good coding design and how it should be coded lol
    Why don't you code your own system instead, when you say it's not well coded and you could do better than @Winterbyte312 ? why waiting version 0.2 ?
    You'll still be unhappy :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  37. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

This forum is not a place to air your dirty laundry. Name calling and negative behavior towards your fellow developers are not something we take lightly on the forums. This is your only warning, please bring this thread back to a proper discussion.

If you feel this asset breaks the Asset Store Terms of Service please contact our support team here. On the first post you can also find the support email that @Winterbyte312 has provided.

38. tvbrowntown

tvbrowntown

Glad to see a CM here. I've been watching this forum post for a while waiting to hear about progress on 0.2 patiently and the attitude of some of these people is astounding. Also of note, the CM didn't say who they were warning though :p

Although I haven't bought the pack yet, thank you in advance for your hard work @Winterbyte312 - please let us know when something new is coming out of the pipeline!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    jesseganey and zenGarden like this.
  39. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Does anyone here use EBS with US? If so does it work well

40. robymv

robymv

I'm glad to see that Trello has been updated! 73/130 :D

pushingpandas likes this.
  41. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Why did you buy it?, because he promised "many updates" and really a FULL game in the end.
    Think people are tired of your complaining talk
    The original asset does what it said it do, and described, there was no lies and Unity reviewed it.
    10% assets on the store promise some kind of future updates.
    Contact Unity and ask for money back and get out of these convos...

42. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

That's my colleague which added his AI & building tasks. I will update the inventory, weapons & others as soon as I'm done.

43. robymv

robymv

Ok, I do not know about others but I think many of us already have tools for Ai, for example I have Ice, I in you if I could release it as version 0.2.1. Anyway, good job

pushingpandas likes this.
  44. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes indeed, but I'm not personally working on them, and he can't help me with the critical systems either. They don't hold the release date back.

jesseganey likes this.
  45. zenGarden

zenGarden

@Winterbyte312
    Take your time whatever it would come next year, i prefer better bug free and polished release than a quick release with too many issues :)
    What is your plan after this release ? Keep it as it is and new stuff as addons (ranged Npc ennemies, factions , merchants , quest givers) ?

About spawning will it be some system you will polish or will it become some additionnal addon or do you recommend we buy one on Asset Store ?
    I mean spawning with options like :
    - alpha fade in effect if the creature is in player fov when spawning
    - condition options like distance range or viewing angle to prevent spawning

46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The plan is to jump straight into 0.3, and create the multiplayer component as well. We'll see about the addons, it'd be great to develop them for both us and customers. I haven't thought deeply about it since my main goal is to release 0.2 and 0.3 :)

About the spawning system, looking back at 0.1 - it's so primitive. 0.2 has a more developed spawning system.

47. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

For when will the 0.2 update be?
    I remind you, that you told me in the mail that it would be with total certainty by the end of September ...
    thx

48. nomax5

nomax5

I've just had a look at your trello roadmap page thingie - and I see there has been a lot of work gone into the .02 update
    so many feature and enhancements.
    I can see you have been working extremely hard, You've done fantastic getting it all done and pretty much on time.

Great stuff.

thankyou

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We have a deadline set, for ourselves, but like I said I want to complete a few tasks, get past a certain point so I can be sure about it.

Glad you appreciate our work :)

50. Legend458

Legend458

Glad to see you back Winterbyte! How's the 0.2 status?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.