Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

2. gegebel

gegebel

3. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I haven't purchased any water, I attached a shader to a plane, if your head goes below the plane it triggers a camera effect for being under water. spent no money and it performs great.

gegebel likes this.
  4. UltraTM

UltraTM

5. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Does anyone know if you get the fishing animations if you buy UWS?

6. nomax5

nomax5

Thanks for posting the UWS demo it looks OK quite nice but I wasn’t blown away by it. Having said that it’s impossible to make a comparison with a demo especially when the demo has a weather system.
    Maybe it’s really efficient and barely effects FPS, I’m not willing to spend £150 finding out.
    At the Moment
    This may change
    especially if there is a sale

Roy

mwituni likes this.
  7. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I also tried that demo and don't think the price is worth it, what was used to paint the details in that demo because it looked super lush?

8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

unreal is crap??? dont think so. More AAA games shipped with Unreal then with Unity. Unity is only big in mobile games

TalkieTalkie likes this.
  9. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I heard from @Winterbyte312 this morning. He has been working on the asset still since the last trello update. He says he's got a few more things to work out then he'll update the Trello. So, progress has been made, it just hasn't been posted yet.

RoyS, erichey, VanillaCupcake and 2 others like this.
  10. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Wow! UWS looks amazing. What do you want from an ocean system that this hasn't got?

11. gegebel

gegebel

Have you been working with Unreal? I know from experience how crap it is.
    Just because Unreal has more Triple A games doesn't mean it's better.
    There are as good games done with Unity (Kerbal Space Program, RimWorld, Shadowrun returns, Heartstone, The Long Dark, Plague Inc. and so on)

Unreal is just great with Shooters, but that's about it. Everything having a somewhat bigger world runs crap and let's be honest, every game being somewhat interesting with unreal has seen HEAVY changes to the source-code.

I won't tell you which engine to work with, because that's your problem and not mine, but I've been working with both for years and anyone having some experience with both will tell you how mush easier it is to work with Unity.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  12. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Epic did say they had to make a lot of changes to the engine source just to render an outside environment properly for Fortnight's battle royale mode. On a side note all those changes will be rolled out for everyone by version 4.19.

13. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

Where is the demo? Did I miss it?

14. LittleMike

LittleMike

Out of the box, Unity is far easier to work with than Unreal. But that's because it uses C#/Mono. Unreal uses C++ which is much harder to code in.

With that said, Unreal's volumetric lighting and rendering is far superior to Unity's out of the box and Blueprint does what the paid Playmaker does in Unity and it's included. It's also made by people who actually make their own games (Epic), which means like @SirTwistedStorm says - we get updates to the engine that they coded for their own games.

The Unity vs Unreal debate can go on forever. I like both. But I will definitely say that they are totally different engines good at totally different things.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  15. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I gotta say I don't like C++ at all, I find it very confusing and difficult. C# on the other hand I love as it feels like english to me, I'm just wired that way I guess.

It all comes down to personal preference though. I find Unity much easier to work with than Unreal but I really enjoyed Unreal's blueprint system. There are Unity assets for that though but still, official support is nice. I found Unreal confusing and there wasn't much support for it, with Unity I can just google how to code any system really and improve on that.

16. LittleMike

LittleMike

Re-reading what I wrote, it sounds like I was saying C++ is easier. I meant the exact opposite. I meant Unity is easier because C# is easier. C++ is a harder language to code in, so that gives the point to Unity over Unreal. Haha.

Another thing Unity has over Unreal is the marketplace. Unreal has one, but it's much newer and not nearly as populated. I should edit my post to clarify.

17. gegebel

gegebel

In the end, we all agree Unity is far easier to get into and to use.
    I don't like how Unreal is linked to the games they actually create. As I used Unreal in the past, it was all based on the unreal tournament stuff. No matter what you tried to create, it all derived from that and it was annoying as hell.

The rendering might not be as good from scratch, but let's be honest, unreal only looks good because of all the automatic post-processing on the camera, which you can achieve in unity too. just create a prefab of your camera settings and you can use them in any project.

Having to fiddle in the .ini in Unreal was a joke if you ask me.
    But as always, you use the system you want and need. I used both and I definitely know which one I won't use for my actual projects. Maybe if I create a shooter some day...

Teila and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  18. nomax5

nomax5

Thanks for the update ronaldomoon!

mwituni and ronaldomoon like this.
  19. LittleMike

LittleMike

Yea, I'm not really disagreeing on the overall opinion, just the minor details. With 2017.2, you can definitely achieve a lot of the same looks as Unreal, it just takes a lot of fiddling. I'm also not sure about optimization. If we're just comparing out of the box, Unreal looks better, Unity is easier. That's the gist of it. I never had to mess with any ini files, though. Blueprint is pretty damn awesome. You should give it a shot. The cool part is that unlike with Playmaker, you get full source with Blueprint, so you can customize to your heart's content if you're good with C++.

But anyway, yeah, Unity is definitely easier. I definitely agree.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Yeah Unity is easier and because of that we see so many assetflips. I bet 99% of assetflips are done with unity...

21. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I mean that's people not the engine, I could make a game in Unreal in a week by flipping assets in fact it might even be easier for a coder to flip an asset in Unreal if it's an FPS game...

ronaldomoon likes this.
  22. gegebel

gegebel

@Devision4 why are you in the unity forums instead of unreal if it's so bad ?

23. zenGarden

zenGarden

We don't need another Unity Vs UE4 discussion (there is better places to have long discussion about that lol)

Keep on track, we are interested about Ultimate Survival plugin here :rolleyes:

24. LittleMike

LittleMike

I ask myself the same question. I've seen him show up in other threads with the same kinds of posts he makes here harassing sellers for release dates and complaining.

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

wtf? Where do I harassing sellers elsewhere? Show me the threads? I like to watch and observe you assetflippers. Thats why iam here.

26. uni7y

uni7y

You say you can not continue with your game due to the delayed update, I think it's because you're bothering everyone, and then you do not have any time left to work on your game. And why you keep calling everyone asset flippers here? what games do you have made? any demo's we can see? No don't think so...

I do not intend to spend any more time on you and just ignore you, everyone should do that.
    I think it's time that the mods ban you from this forum!

Anyway this is just my 2 cents...

27. LittleMike

LittleMike

EmeraldAI thread
    ICE Creature control thread
    LCD Game creator thread

I could go on, but this is not the thread for that. Instead I will just ignore you from this point forward. I refuse to contribute to your negativity.

ronaldomoon and uni7y like this.
  28. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I'm worrying already waiting for so many months, I think it will never come to light version 0.2, I hope I'm wrong because I'm really looking forward to this project and I support it, but I do not see this moving for a long time, it may be busy now with another project, but we are not to blame for what we have paid for it and at least we want to see those videos that promised to our hope remains.

29. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Now is when people complain and @ Winterbyte312 goes into trello and updates it, checked this.

30. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

October 23 and trello does not move ...

Winterbyte you read us?

Winterbyte could you tell us what state the update is in?

thx!

31. THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

Hi guys,

I want to spawn rocks through terrain.I'm following this method Tools-Ultimate Survival-Terrain Object Spawner. I click to Generate button but it doesn't work.

@gegebel @TheMessyCoder @Winterbyte312 do you know how to do it ?

32. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yep, this is the best thing to do and keep on track
    It is coming in next few weeks.

This is the best way to make random bad level design lol
    You should use plugins like Gena or Octave 3D, they will improve a lot the quality and speed of your level design :)

LittleMike and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  33. gegebel

gegebel

I either use the terrain tool for random spawn, or I use MegaScatter, or just the tool from my terrain plugin (MapMagic or Gaia).

34. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I second what Zen said, I use Octave 3D, it works great and it also has some other great features too.

35. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

Use a 'Prefab Brush' script. There are several available for free in the Asset store. They allow you to have different prefabs, scales, rotations etc. You can generally specify a -Y offset for the rocks and trees etc, so they are not sitting above ground.

36. Khestral_01

Khestral_01

So is Gaia easy to get working with Survival?

37. LittleMike

LittleMike

I've been using Gaia with no issues. Gaia works on Unity terrain, so it should have zero conflicts.

38. mwituni

mwituni

Have a look back a few pages to my posts on Vegetation Studio, which is just about to be released. It will save massive performance for plants grass rocks and trees, as it spawns and despawns for you.

Info here... https://www.awesometech.no/index.php/home/vegetation-studio/

39. jesseganey

jesseganey

they work well together just need tree manager from wiki.

40. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

It is coming in next few weeks.

I don't want to pessimistic, however so is Christmas!!
    I do believe there is a niche for a community project or even just the wiki where everyone's ideas can be "put on paper" and then you can "use" what you want from it. ie: yes I want to use "@The messy coders" filling of a water bottle but don't want the building models "so and so" put up there. Maybe even make it so you cant get anything unless you contribute to it. I personally will not be able to participate as I cant do anything to contribute lol. There are a lot of talented people out there who are holding on to scripts and models that aren't going to be used in anything.
    This is just an idea and I'm sure to get some backlash..... but food for thought.

41. THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

Thanks. I will search Prefab Bursh.

Thanks.
    Thanks.

42. FractalCore

FractalCore

I agree. Although, I think I'm a few steps ahead of you guys. I've just read through the past several pages up to here and haven't seen a single negative comment.

Whoever it is you're all arguing with is someone I recognized as a whining trouble maker and must have blocked months ago. So I don't see their posts. And now I'm reaping the rewards, a nice polite forum full of professional, optimistic people.

Seriously, once you become a nuisance... As far as I'm concerned, your Ultimate Survivor forum privileges have expired, and you don't deserve our attention.

43. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

How much will it cost ?

44. Oldnag

Oldnag

is winterbyte dead?

45. gegebel

gegebel

yes

erichey, jesseganey and LittleMike like this.
  46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

No, made a lot of progress, will come with updates when I'm done with a few other tasks. Also a beta release date.

47. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

no he survived. he had a gasmask as you can see in his avatar

zenGarden, jesseganey and LittleMike like this.
  48. Candac59

Candac59

ohoh ! i can see a good news :)

49. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yep the gasmask saved him from all users toxicity lol

50. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

I think, for some reason, your community get very frightened if you disappear for a certain amount of time. Communication is key, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.