Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gegebel

gegebel

Which is why I said, it's probably a revamp instead of an update. I don't see anything taking this long if not doing it from scratch to be honest,

And you are right, a monthly update would be good. I guess @Winterbyte312 is not progressing as fast as he would like. Or maybe he just took the money and ran away, who knows ? :D

2. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Lol, yeah...I'M the one being an a**. I asked my questions politely meanwhile you are ranting and telling people what they should and should not do. Okay, dude...

3. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

@gegebel

What is the best water/ocean/wave asset. I saw a pirate game in a trailer that had amazing water! I almost have my game which still has the Ultimate Survival at the core.

I am trying to get water like Skull and Bones.

Now I'm not worried about physics or vehicle stuff. I'm trying to get that water look and effect.

4. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/100669

ronaldomoon likes this.
  5. gegebel

gegebel

It's always depending on your budget and your knowledge.
    There's no point in buying an asset you don't understand either.

Ultimate Water System is really really good, but has a steep price.
    Aquas is the cheap solution I guess. By far not as good, but it will do the work for a first draft for example, or to show to a publisher. It will give you good results for 20% of the UWS price.

For something in-between I can also recommend PlayWay Water System. Not as expensive, also had good results with it.

In the end, I would personally go with Aquas for prototyping and UWS for Beta or final product.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

how can the load/save part be done if he still revamping inventory? ...

7. gegebel

gegebel

Implementing a save/load system is always kind of "difficult" with a system already in place because some things might not work as expected. Unity supports serialization, but not everything is serializable, at least not without some heavy scripting modifications.
    If you do the system from scratch, you can implement it on the go and make the system future proof.
    Creating a working inventory with crafting normally shouldn't take more than a week for someone who can program.
    I guess the problem @Winterbyte312 is facing is making it all work together, with the save/load and other systems working properly.

I'm not sure why it's taking so long, maybe he still needs to learn something to get it to work as he wanted.
    In the end, we can only hope it works well.

8. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Btw
    you have news of @Winterbyte312 ? it's been a while since we had no signs of life

9. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

When I asked money back, the comment that would be for September, we are already on 15 October and no news of this update, once again, he has lied.

He is laughing at us all, that we are his clients, if a client of mine I give the work with months of delay I fall the hair.

can not have us here without knowing when to launch the update, should commit once again and give a final date of delivery.

every time I have more clear that the hard disk was a lie, I do not believe in it.

I'm already up to the eggs, they are swelling me every day more .... forgive my expression but this topic is frustrating ...

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  10. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

73/108..... and keeps going up .... says that for some time q does not update trello but does not stop climbing ...

11. zenGarden

zenGarden

You should be aware it's plugins , there is no obligations , sometimes plugins gets abandonned for many reasons or because of personnal priorities. You can ask a refund.

He already gave some estimation :
    This means two or three months of work as he doesn't have so much time to work on it.

I think @Winterbyte312 tried to make too much; and his only mistake was to promise too much features while he understimated how much time it would require; or neglected he would not have enought time to work on it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  12. Teila

Teila

As one who has lost many hard disks in the past, I imagine it is not a lie. It is 15 days past September. This is software. Give the guy a break. At least he is is giving you estimates.

jesseganey and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  13. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

in May it was going to leave that update, but when it was going to leave seconds before, it breaks the hard disk lol it does not believe it or my grandmother,

said he would fix it quickly, we have been waiting for more than five months

Do you think we have not given him enough rest already?

has to be objective.
    and give face to your customers that we are all who have bought this asset.
    and tell us how much it takes to finish at once.

14. Teila

Teila

He is two weeks late. I understand as we have the same issue with another asset, but gee whiz!! Winterbyte posted on Tuesday!

When they haven't posted for months, then you should get upset. Delays in software development are common and actually more the norm than not. If you can't handle that, then you should not be using software developed by others.

15. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

listen the voice of wisdom :D

16. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

There is Teila right, but when you buy with conditions, these conditions to be respected, the conditions were that in March would have to release version 0.2 and by this time version 0.4 should already be ready. therefore it is in all its right to complain and get angry without anyone criticizing it.

A2GStudios likes this.
  17. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

@ Winterbyte312, In his day did not say that in March would come v0.2. @ Winterbyte312, In his day he wrote fistfully the release date of v0.2, v0.3, v0.4. That was the only mistake I made.

18. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

exact.

Teila, it's not two weeks late, if not five months ..

erichey likes this.
  19. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I would die of embarrassment if a client delivered a job 5 months later than agreed, it's not serious or professional

erichey likes this.
  20. gegebel

gegebel

Let's just hope he's doing a good job and we will all be amazed by 0.2 when it comes out.

erichey and Teila like this.
  21. zenGarden

zenGarden

The plugin is very low price considering the big amount of features and some quality assets it provides, i don't think you'll find such template for the same price elsewhere. And @Winterbyte312 is getting the kit almost complete for 0.2, you should be happy instead.

All one man projects are like that, they can have long or very long unexpected delays for many reasons.

gegebel and UltraTM like this.
  22. polarubi1

polarubi1

how much time left ?

23. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Here is the asset we are using, and we are very happy with the results so far, works great with US.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/4387

impi2 likes this.
  24. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

it is not bad that the but I am never arrived to make it walk with US xd*

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Where is winterbyte?

26. gegebel

gegebel

There has been an update on Trello yesterday, eventhough it was just removing something from the ToDo list o_O

27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Funny, on trello, AI and Building are "just" 2 entries. They could be easy 20-30 subentries...

28. gegebel

gegebel

He probably didn't start with it yet :D

29. nomax5

nomax5

I just popped over to see if there is any news and I'm not keen on some of the derogatory comments here.

This is how I see it:

I paid £35 ish for an asset which was an incredibly cheap deal imho
    A fully working game with well doncumented source it’s a steal !!
    You can take apart learn from it and use to make your own game

I’ve already had my monies worth from this asset 10 times over

What I don’t want is for Winterbyte to get discouraged or feel under appreciated by these comments. If and when version 0.2 comes out it will be a huge bonus on top of an already great asset.

I’m already very happy with what Winterbyte has done, and I for one greatly appreciate getting access to this asset.

So lets keep the tone positive ehh!

Smiles

Roy

30. zenGarden

zenGarden

Indeed we learned a lot from it and it's a steal for the price, even as work in progress.

31. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

what is your game? please

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  32. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Sorry but many of us did bought the asset not for its current state, we bought it because of all the promises in the updates. Usually I dont buy unfinished assets as this was clearly labeled 0.1 which could be considered as a alpha. I liked the asset and wanted to support the developer for that reason, and thats the only reason, I bought it.

gegebel and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  33. zenGarden

zenGarden

It's your concern if you buy plugins in alpha with long list of promises, this never guarantees promises will be done or delays won't occur.
    Again you won't find such complete plugin (inventory, crafting, complete weapon system etc ...) for 35$ anywhere else :rolleyes:

I baught it because it was complete enought and i could code to modify it for my needs and add new features or replace most stuff with my own 3D art.And it's great learning template.

34. MrBeros

MrBeros

Water System?!
    I played with this
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/100669

And its beautifull!! Really great. I think its the best you can get and its not the first i used.
    For realistic water with a lots of Features, this is the one you should use.
    Ok, it is expansive but i think it's worth the money. In the reviews there are some bad thinks but after testing i can say, all bugs or missed features are finished and work great. Just like in the demo Videos.

35. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I lost another hard disk a couple of weeks ago that I had just installed in my new PC. If your Hard Disk is not solid state and its inside your PC expect it to fail eventually, just hope it wont be for a while.

Old fashion HDD, put them external so they dont get vibrated about so much.

36. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Been a little while since my last Ultimate Survival video (1 month anniversary)

If you havnt already done so, here is my video on how to add UniStorm to Ultimate Survival. Hope you enjoy.

http://bit.ly/usunistorm

37. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

is there an integration for MapMagic and US ?

i managed to add foreach Terrain that is activated by MapMagic, the TreeManager.cs but without trees in the script. Thats a problem :D and i dont know how to solve it...

38. bobbybau

bobbybau

LMFAO, dude I so called this earllier this year... 970 posts later and you still waiting on an update.. this dude ripped you guys off. its dead... finished. gone... get over it

39. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

You have no idea what is happening, you are a twit and your statement has zero evidence and is pointless. Go troll somewhere else.

40. bobbybau

bobbybau

im a twit? lmfao you are the ones wishing and hoping on a dream.. hey dont be mad you were one of the many.. its okay.. somebody else will post another asset and screw you over again. then again they may just make another name and do it again lol :D

41. gegebel

gegebel

There's no good integration for trees sadly. You have to set it manually or always use the same trees.
    I wanted to integrate MapMagic and make biomes with different trees, but it only works if you use a limited amount of terrains, not with infinite.
    The only possibility I found was to work with coordinates (South I would have desert and spawn cactus, north I would have snow and spawn pine trees) or have a script check the ground and spawn depending on ground type.

42. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

wouldn´t it work, if we make a gameobject with TreeManager.script, set up our trees there ans then let it copy past via script to the other terrains?

i´m bad in scripting, its just an idea and i dont know if this will work. :)

43. gegebel

gegebel

Yes but you would have the same trees everywhere, which is boring :D

44. gegebel

gegebel

Changed the UniStorm Tutorial on the Wiki to link to this video. Hope it's ok for you @TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  45. zenGarden

zenGarden

It looks like you never worked in real game projects where unexpected delays are something regular (AAA games also)
    You're a kid with stupid behaviour or some troll game hobbyst, go talk trash elsewhere.

46. impi2

impi2

You can get reply good water with Tenkoku too. Its much better supported than UWS (updates every few months), has loads of options, about 1/3rd price, and certainly better than the other solutions mentioned. In some ways better than UWS (shore waves and underwater etc)

RobsonFMaciel and MrBeros like this.
  47. impi2

impi2

He he ... In the believe this is close I will take 131!
    Hope theres a prize ... Well US will be enough! ... So happy to loose to a smaller number ;)

48. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

sorry man, I am really rubbish! I should be checking the Wiki more.
    I keep forgetting about it, its a fantastic idea to have the wiki and store all this stuff and everyone's contributions.
    Thanks!

49. gegebel

gegebel

Don't be sorry, everyone loves your videos, and most people would rather watch a video than reading a long and complicated text :D

RobsonFMaciel and TheMessyCoder like this.
  50. gegebel

gegebel

I never really got to test Tenkoku, so I can't give any reliable feedback about it. I've had very good results with UWS and Aqua. Of course, if anyone got a key for me to test, I'm ready to, but I won't give an opinion on something I don't know enough about. ;)
    The buoyancy Demo wasn't that good though, from what I have seen.

Edit: Reading the asset store, I've seen the latest update is from August while UWS is from October :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.