Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

You do not have to feel anything, we are talking like adults, without disrespecting and commenting our opinions, it is a pleasure to have talked with you.

2. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I read your comments, but tell me what sense it is that I use the program when that option already have it with the modeling software. with modeling software I can put weight, take weight, increase your age, decrease your age and so on.

3. umutozkan

umutozkan

Because you can't use modeling software to change those in game at runtime? Anyway I am not disrespecting you, I just pointed out that your answer was like my post did not exist :) (Forum posts may give the wrong impression sometimes, it's not like talking where you see the expressions of one another. I didn't mean to offend you and I apologize if I did.)

I want to express again that UMA does not do the modelling, rigging etc. for you. It doesn't replace that in your workflow. It's like saying "why do I need that dinner table, I can cook my own food alright". Dinner table is what you eat on, not what you prepare your food with. Sorry for the oversimplified analogy I realize that it's not the best one but I think it explains my point.

Again I may not follow further discussion here. My best regards.

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  4. gegebel

gegebel

You can't use your modeling software at runtime while playing though.
    UMA can change everything while playing. Imagine you have a magic potion which can make you younger or older, morph you into another race (human become elf or Orc) etc...
    Normally you would swap the complete model, with UMA you don't swap models, you morph the one you are using.
    And that's only the basic of it. You can put all clothes created for UMA on every UMA character, you cant do that in your modeling software, always have to adapt and change everything. UMA is good for character creation for example. Make your character fat or with huge hands while playing, not when creating the game.

VladimirGameStudio and umutozkan like this.
  5. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Now if I have understood what a UMA can do, the fault has the translator google, that is why I say UMA is a good program but not for modeling, so I can not comment because as I said from the beginning I have not used UMA .

6. mysticfall

mysticfall

Actually, it's the other way around. UMA might not be an ideal solution for you if you want to rely on its base model to create highly realistic characters (and that's also in the process of being improved though).

But if you are willing to create your own high quality models yourself, UMA can be an excellent choice since it can enable you to make a fully customizable character morph & clothing system with your own model without much programming.

Admittedly, it might take some time to learn its core concepts and how to incorporate your own models into it. But it should take much less effort compared to the case when you have to roll your own character morph & clothing system completely from the scratch.

What people are trying to say is not that you are too critical of UMA, but that you seem to have a completely wrong idea as to what UMA actually is/does.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    umutozkan and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  7. mwituni

mwituni

Whoa ... the calvary arrived!

Will's cool with free advertising :) ...
    It is a nice model, not seen that one yet

upload_2017-10-12_1-58-15.png

Not bad for $17 on top of free UMA! ... or you could spend about a zillion hours modelling one yourself and writing all the code to properly manage it.

8. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

i am about to succeed to create news animals AI with emerald :) the only thing
    where I am blocked, it is with the container loot
    when I pass the mouse over it, I do not have the open option
    but when I remove the script ai event handler,
    I have again the option XD

9. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

if a modeler does not know what he is doing, he is not a modeler, by the way, do you really think that modelers use UMA?

10. gegebel

gegebel

why don't you check the US wiki ? there is a tutorial for Emerald integration :D

11. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

can you add a death circle and the option to end the game when there is only one player left standing?

12. Teila

Teila

Yes, I know they do. LOL UMA is a system, not a model.

13. gegebel

gegebel

Too much PUBG ? this is a survival template, where does this fit in ?

14. zenGarden

zenGarden

There is many other requests that have nothing in common with Survival Kit, i think they will fit in some "optionnal" plugins if the author decide to make them.

15. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

that's what I did XD
    but the ragdoll button is for HUMAN AI no?
    I create the ragdoll manually for my chicken
    in clear when I kill it, the loot object script
    does not activate

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  16. gegebel

gegebel

I did not create a ragdoll for my animals personally. You should check the original version in Ultimate Surival, the lootbox is linked to the spine, which has a collider (might be a trigger, don't remember). Anyway, check the original version, it's a pretty easy setup.

17. xercool

xercool

Hi. I have launched this template. But I can't understand how to craft building items.

I don't see any building item at CRAFTING list.

Could anyone help with that? What am I wrong to do?

18. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

Hello all!

Every once in a while, I still get a question about how to integrate Ultimate Survival and Third Person Controller by Opsive (or others). Although I have a video that addresses how to use weapons and such with US and TPC, I never really created a direct tutorial on how to get started with combining the two. Since I had some free time today between world building and work, I figured I'd remedy that. It's not a perfect guide, but it should get you started on the right path, and it's step-by-step from a blank scene. Hope it helps some of you!

19. gegebel

gegebel

buildings work a bit differently.
    You need to have the Building Plan in your hands and right click with your mouse to open the menu, where you can build from.
    It's a lot like in Rust.

20. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

thank you for the answerGegebel ;)
    in clear, you do not make ragdoll on animals, you parameter them with emerald AI,
    adds the loot on dead and the loot object on the middle spin with a box collider. but du you add the AI event handler?

21. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

thanks for sharing!

22. gegebel

gegebel

Yes, that's step 8 in the tutorial.
    I will try it out and see if it still works with the latest version.

23. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

apparently, it no longer works, the loot object script is disabled and does not activate once the animal is dead XDD

24. gegebel

gegebel

I have downloaded the latest version of US and Unity. It's not working well together lol.
    Will need some time to fix all this crap.

25. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Any news about the upgrade to 0.2?

some are already bored waiting ... I include myself

erichey and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  26. xercool

xercool

Yeah. You didn't get it. I know about Rust and how to build. But I can't craft materials for building... Walls, stairs, etc...
    I don't have any block for building... And I don't have them in crafting menu...

That's it!
    Ty in advance for your help.

27. gegebel

gegebel

I have installed the latest US version with the latest Unity version and crafting works.
    There are no blocks for building, you just have to place a foundation, on which you can place walls and stairs.
    Craft planks from logs in crafting menu, then place foundation, which will use up your planks. Then place walls, which also needs planks.
    Maybe I don't understand what you mean, but it definitely works as intended (besides the NavMesh problems)

28. xercool

xercool

Should I craft stairs, walls, floor and other buildables?
    Also, Navigation wheel isn't working... It's static and I can't choose any item...

29. gegebel

gegebel

No, you craft building materials like planks, not stairs or walls.
    The Building Wheel is used with the scrollwheel of your mouse

30. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Sculpting the head of a character.

LittleMike likes this.
  31. mwituni

mwituni

Excellent contribution, very clear and well presented, and really helpful. Thanks for that.

I suggested to Opsive to add US integration for more sales a few weeks ago ... he said he will look at it, once 0.2 is released (as big changes) and he has some time (as he's also busy with his next release).

So those that want it, ping him to keep him thinking about it! He mentioned integrating the inventories would be the tricky part.

Once one or two leading assets offer good US integration, it's unnecessary for Winterbyte to spent time coding those, so he can expand core faster.

32. xercool

xercool

But I saw opposite on building teaser video...
    Can I roll back to crafting building materials?

33. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

a problem with emerlad AI or US ?

34. gegebel

gegebel

US

35. gegebel

gegebel

All you would really have to do is make the parts you want to build in the item database, I suggest you watch the tutorial videos from @TheMessyCoder here

36. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

New Breeds, African American, Arabic, European 1, European 2. Polygons 1326, 5036, 11085, 16627

RoyS and TheMessyCoder like this.
  37. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

great video mate. really helpful stuff. Thanks

38. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Can we get an update, @Winterbyte312 ? Have you not made any progress since the 7th or have you just not updated the Trello? I know that I and others have asked several times but I ask again - can you please just finish up the inventory/crafting stuff and release it as 0.2 and move everything else to 0.2x? I'm not even concerned with saving and loading at this point as I plan to use Easy Save. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

mwituni likes this.
  39. gegebel

gegebel

So because you don't care about the saving system, everyone else just don't count ? bit selfish don't you think?
    @Winterbyte312 explained he is doing the bare minimum for this to work all together. So you'll have to wait or just do it yourself. Just like everyone else here.

40. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I disagree with the Bare minimum statement, Does this look like bare minimum items.
    Do we really need all of these, You can add your own tools and weapons
    Pistol
    Hunting Rifle
    Assault Rifle
    Spear
    Bow
    Grenade
    Molotov
    Shotgun
    Building Hammer

Same as above with these effects, we can add our own

Sand
    Dirt
    Grass
    Water (impact effects)

I would also think that most of us have our own stars or system, so this can go to.
    Generate stars procedurally

And how about this one, I mean really, how many of you guys are using the map that comes with US, unless your an asset flipper your not using US map.

Better populate the map with objects + final touches

And this is a small list of unneeded items. I would rather have the save system and other core features than this stuff listed above. Plus people wouldn't be so upset if they hadn't been waiting for 6 months on this update, and being told every month that it will be released by the end of that month. I know this because I got the same answer when I sent him an email around the first of September asking when it would be done and I got the same answer as always, BY THE END OF THE MONTH. Now it is October 14th and there are still 34 things to do on the list. That is the same amount that needed to be done more than a month ago. I STILL BELIEVE IN THE ASSET but people have a right to be upset over the time it is taken to get this update. I am one of them.

41. gegebel

gegebel

So you are upset? I will have to tell 4 people I can't pay them anymore on monday because the update is not out and our publisher is putting the project on ice in the meantime.
    We are all upset and I'm probably the first one who would say we don't need all the art stuff.
    In the end, @Winterbyte312 still decides what gets in the asset or not. He told us he would just do the absolute minimum. His brother is doing the art stuff I believe, so it's not like it is delaying anything else in the meantime.

We all have reasons to be upset, believe me, but making pressure in here won't help this being released anytime sooner. At best, it will annoy the developer and he will just give up on it.

42. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

and you can in the meantime concentrate on another part of your games, such as scenery, accesories, landscapes and other small settings ;)

43. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Winterbyte, when hit with the ax, the "Stone Hit FX (Clone)", not destroyed, I remember that in version 0.1 this was removed after a while, I have in the Hierarchy millions of Stone Hit FX (Clone)!

thx

44. mwituni

mwituni

Sorry, if that's your definition of selfish, then count me in.

Really he needs to release something, even if it's a beta (or alpha) release to licensees (as he mentioned weeks ago). Even if there are bugs and a some things missing/incomplete - just tell us what is missing / still being improved.

That's what alphas and betas are ... early releases (normally to existing licensees), so its quiet normal.

This is not a request to 'drop' any features you or other(s) may want, like save/load. Just complete it for the proper release.

At least users can then start working on getting their games integrated with 0.2 core, and update when he releases 0.2 proper. Right now many are holding up their projects ... like you said you have people to disappoint, fortunately we don't - we just disappoint ourselves! If you had an Alpha or Beta tomorrow, those people could be busy using certain parts of which are working to get your preview ready, plus be absorbing all the changes. And yes you would need to allocate some time to integrate 0.2 final - but that should be minor.

UltraTM likes this.
  45. gegebel

gegebel

as @Winterbyte312 explained some time ago, he is still working on the inventory. So there is nothing he could release yet.

The system does not work as is. He has to integrate everything together since everything is linked in some way or another.
    We wait since April, and we really could need an update, but we don't need an update which is not working. It will just make things worse than they are now.
    As long as crafting and inventory are not done, there is no point in a release. Everyone here sees it as an update, while it is a complete revamp apparently.

46. zenGarden

zenGarden

You don't need a year to bring inventory or some other features if you have already coded if for the first version.

I already had that issue with some other plugins , the author was working a lot for the first release and very available for support, after some time dev slowed down and was less available or for personnal reasons. It's a classic cycle for some plugins.

Updating every month the roadmap showing how much some feature have progressed, could be what would make users more confident :rolleyes:

47. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

If now @ Winterbyte312 released the update, as are all the flaws, that most of the missing things are failures, everyone would be asking about how to solve those flaws and the thing would be much worse than if we waited .. I for example I am doing the characters, the map I have almost done, and in the meantime I hope.

gegebel likes this.
  48. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

It's not like I said ditch save and load altogether, but I'm not at all surprised by your response. Arguing with everyone on here even if they are making points or asking things that you have in the past seems to be your thing. I simply asked a question. Get over yourself.

49. gegebel

gegebel

Since you know it has been asked, you thought you'd just ask again, because it has helped in the past, right ?

If you would have followed/read this thread you would also know he said he was doing the bare minimum for this to work properly. I don't see what there is not to understand to this.

I don't see where you make a point though. You wrote yourself, YOU KNOW others have asked so you also probably know it has been answered, so either you don't read the answers, or you're just not willing to accept his answer and are just being an a** about it. No matter what, you make no point here.

Accept his answer and live with the delay, or don't accept it and ask for a refund as he has offered to everyone.

Added to this, he made an update on the 9th and not the 7th like you claim and he did also say a few days ago he is not updating Trello as fast as soon as he is done with something.

Oh and I'll get over myself whenever I please btw. I haven't seen you helping the community as I did, come back to me when you have.

VladimirGameStudio and Nateply like this.
  50. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.