Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwituni

mwituni

No, that's still under wraps ... I didn't mean to try suggest whats cheap or not, I just meant it's not going to be like one of the cheaper assets on the store, but certainly most outdoor projects would want it for the optimization and natural density it brings. Those on tighter budget might want to signup on the website to get release announcements so they can take advantage of any launch discount.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  2. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

That same we have already said all of them for a long time, but at the moment there are many mistakes to make it come to light and everything would be complaints, better wait for the light to come out, maybe this Christmas we have XD surprise gift.

3. gegebel

gegebel

I wanted to know how you guys are doing your NavMesh. Are you using single or multi-terrain, do you prebake your NavMesh or do you create at runtime ?
    Does anyone use infinite terrain and how do you handle NavMesh ?

I'd like to see what other people do and optimize.

4. UltraTM

UltraTM

As far as i remember when UI is finished we will get an test version. Im hoping every day to finish the last 2 points. But mostly other stuff has being finished then :D

mwituni likes this.
  5. Kalle801

Kalle801

Where can i take off the infos on the screen pls?

6. Stefan86

Stefan86

hey .. I have made from the 1st person ein3rd person .. with morph3d knows how I do with the clothes? So change over the inventory?

7. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi @Winterbyte312

When will you stop adding features ?
    Friendly AI
    AI factions
    Workers
    Villagers
    Shooter AI
    Pets
    Skill level, Classes

Seeing your roadmap it looks like you are no more making a Survival Kit but Fallout 4 :rolleyes:

At some point you should keep the plugin with a defined set of features and consider it like complete for the low price it is sold.
    New features people ask should be added as additionnal plugins extensions.

Why there is Parkour system in the road map ? it's a really different style of game, soon someone will need a full cover system like Uncharted 4 included the plugin lol

By the way , you made an amazing work, i enjoyed using your plugin for a small game and learning purposes.
    Keep up the good work :)

8. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Because very simple, is thinking about the possibilities of users, Designers and Programmers, you may not be interested in programming more code in the active, but people like me that is limited to programming because we are modelers and we lack those knowledge, everything that can add more we will come very well. we must think of all and not of ourselves.

9. Candac59

Candac59

oh yeah ! thanks you :)

10. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

That's for 0.3, not sure if all will make it in the kit, as we need to keep this one survival-only for the most part. For non-core survival features we'll most probably create extensions.
    Thank you :)

mwituni, UltraTM and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  11. Winseral

Winseral

Thank you for a great system, I purchased it about day ago.

I see you mentioned ICE Creature integration in your Trello documentation. Is there a simple place to see how these two systems integrate(Documentation) and are there other integration systems in the pipeline?

12. gegebel

gegebel

There is no documentation about the integration yet. There are other systems in the pipeline as you can see on Trello

The community managed to create some integrations, just check the wiki linked in my signature.

13. zenGarden

zenGarden

I was more thinking about getting some plugin base , and other options as additionnal plugins to reduce code base.
    Some people won't need factions, parkour and some will code their own creatures and spawning system.
    Splitting it in additionnal modules would be better as each user will download only the modules he needs.

14. gegebel

gegebel

Since they are for 0.3, we 'll see. For now I just hope we can get 0.2 SOON.

15. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

In that I totally agree with you, but surely Winterbyte312 thought of something for that. but what matters to me is how it will do for the LOD of the character, since if LOD0 has about 16,000 triangles and add armor will be many triangles and increase the graphical consumption, by my opinion and as I have thought to do is split body, shin, feet, hips, torso, etc. I hope Winterbyte312 is thinking about that.

16. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

3D model, divided by members to decrease graphic consumption 12,250 polygons, this is just a test, there is still much to finish this character and is only a test.

RoyS and flyncriminal like this.
  17. mwituni

mwituni

Most of these outstanding items we don't want, and I expect many others too.
    Can we vote on these, so a few of the needed ones get done, and the rest moved to 2.x / 3 etc ?

ART:
    - Bone Club
    - Skull Torch
    - Cannibal Tent
    - Put blood where the cannibals are staying
    - Cannibal Armor (Just for cannibals)

WIP:
    Pistol
    Hunting Rifle
    Assault Rifle
    Spear
    Bow
    Grenade
    Molotov
    Shotgun
    Building Hammer
    Jumping on a rock feels weird and unpleasant, look into it
    Regenerate just a half of the health. If health drops < 50, you will need to use pills
    Sand
    Dirt
    Grass
    Water (impact effects)
    Quick Crafting: queue
    Make the AddItem & RemoveItem methods (EntityStorage) operate on all containers with the specified flags (eg. if one is full, try add the items to the next correctly flagged container)
    Generate stars procedurally
    Simplified recoil system for guns
    Global color saver & picker
    Merge the new & old scripts
    Get rid of the _Junk folder
    Normal maps for the world version of weapons
    Camera spring for each wieldable
    When picking up the spear, make it go back to the hotbar slot it was thrown from (if not occupied)
    Reorderable attribute bug -- can't delete & add items
    Improve tree's destruction. Separate by logs. Add ability to gather the leaves.
    A lot of memory allocation happens when mesh.gettriangles gets called (from the surface manager). Find a way to remove the need for the allocation.
    Add more options for the sleeping system
    Better populate the map with objects + final touches
    Solidify the save & load system
    Make buttons for splitting, hotbar selection & others
    Make MouseLook use InputHandler's functionality
    Palm

adndima likes this.
  18. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Out of that list, I would be happy with just these things. I can wait for the rest. And I could probably wait on a few of these as well. Most everything I was waiting for is done already.

WIP:

Make the AddItem & RemoveItem methods (EntityStorage) operate on all containers with the specified flags (eg. if one is full, try add the items to the next correctly flagged container)
    Global color saver & picker
    Merge the new & old scripts
    Get rid of the _Junk folder
    Camera spring for each wieldable
    Reorderable attribute bug -- can't delete & add items
    A lot of memory allocation happens when mesh.gettriangles gets called (from the surface manager). Find a way to remove the need for the allocation.
    Solidify the save & load system
    Make buttons for splitting, hotbar selection & others

I don't know about others building their game, but I am adding all my own weapons and tools, I don't need stars I am using my own skybox and environment, and as far as adding some new stuff to the map, well I think everybody should be building there own map and terrain. I agree some of this is not needed unless you are going to asset flip it, and that's not my goal.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    mwituni likes this.
  19. mwituni

mwituni

There is (free) UMA ... which does all you are mentioning.
    It'll save a LOT of dev time (and debugging pain) if US just adds support for that ... its already well maintained and used by large community.

20. mwituni

mwituni

I don't really need any, but these would be nice (even if later)...
    Exactly
    This is turning into an "Asset-Flip" template ... which is (already) negatively impacting its popularity ... as no matter how good the assets look, few will want to use them. Specially when their games get kicked off Steam ... which is now already happening.

21. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Do not compare UMA with this, it has no comparison. among other things like graphical performance, structure, LODs, and I assure you that more than 800 polygons will not have UMA humanoids.

robymv likes this.
  22. gegebel

gegebel

Still does the same thing though

23. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

The problem of many assets as UMA that The costumes are put on humanoide and increases the polygons of the humanoid with few graphics but the one of the costumes, however this way you can do them with more polygons since when you activate one part another it is deactivated, more work but more quality. and what the end user wants is quality performance.

24. gegebel

gegebel

From what I understand, UMA does exactly that. It replaces the body part needed with a piece of cloth.
    At least it's my understanding of UMA, I did not use it yet though.

mwituni and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  25. arie1994

arie1994

it does, but creating new content for UMA is pain, also a lot of tutorials are outdated.

26. gegebel

gegebel

I liked the one from @TheMessyCoder.

27. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

You might be right, I do not use UMA either, if I tried Morph 3D, but it does not swap any body parts just like the graphics are horrible.

28. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

When you finish the character models, there are some for you and TheMessyCoder. for you to use.

29. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

He is.. I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Also, you aren't stuck with just the default model from the UMA pack. Will B creates awesome models for UMA and has his own male and female models you can get from the asset store. ( Will's UMA assets )

If you are having the model you showed created, you should have your artist prep it for use with UMA and then you could take advantage of the UMA system to deal with all your character customization.

Teila and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  30. Teila

Teila

UMA replaces body parts too. When you add a clothing slot to UMA, it gives you the choice to hide the body slot beneath the clothing. This is the best way to use UMA and as far as I know, very few people do it otherwise.

UMA also gives you the ability to morph the body and face to make different looking characters. You can also turn any model, one you make, or one from the asset store, into a new race and have the same clothing/body hiding parts and morphing abilities if you wish to do so.

If you want further help with UMA, contact me via PM and I can let you into the UMA slack channel. Make sure you send me an email with your request.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  31. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

As I see UMA has very good suits, the characters are still unconvinced, they are very pale and it seems that the Normal map are made at low resolution, I do not say they are bad, it is a good asset. but I prefer to make the characters by hand.

32. umutozkan

umutozkan

UMA is a framework. You should consider UMA's base models as examples. You can add your very own models as UMA which will look like whatever you want. I am currently creating my own male and femal races (this is what each different model is called in UMA terminology).

You can even make a spaceship model an UMA, or a sword (someone actually did that). As I said it's just a framework. *Edit: Which is a very good one I must add.

arie1994, BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  33. Jaimi

Jaimi

UMA is just a system. You can use whatever texture or normal maps you want. The current skins are pale on purpose so they are easy to tint other colors. Like the others are saying, it will also hide the covered slots, and build texture atlases for you. As well, the demo is purposefully low resolution so that it runs on low end systems. The skins are 2K, but adjusted at runtime down to 1K in the demo. Of course you don't have to do this.

mwituni, BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  34. Teila

Teila

Fantastic! Now you can put them in the UMA system and have a character you can morph and use in the slot/overlay clothing system. :) This is exactly what UMA was intended to be.

P.S. I see the UMA team is here! lol

35. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Yes, I noticed that the UMA team, a greeting to the team, for a person who is a programmer and does not know how to model this perfect program, but for me as a modeler I prefer my own models since it is what differentiates from a game to another.

36. umutozkan

umutozkan

For example here is what my UMA models look like (these are not the base models in UMA package although poly count is very close to them.)

This is a fraction of what you can do with UMA without using its base meshes.

*Edit : here is a WebGL demo for the people who is interested. (Btw sports shoes in the images does hide the feet mesh under them)

male_001.png

o3nMaleFemaleAssetStore_1200_630.png

37. Teila

Teila

But...you can use your own model in UMA. UMA is not a model, it is a system. I give up though. Sometimes people get something in their head and a dozen folks telling them otherwise has no affect.

Good luck making your own system and I mean that sincerely. :)

38. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

You mean I can put the Maya of my model in UMA and UMA is in charge of molding the clothes to the model, UMA is in charge of reducing the mesh of my own model to make the LOD for different resolutions of mesh and textures like UMA also does the rigging and assigns the weight to the mesh.:)

39. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

That if it seems to me a great program, but I prefer the traditional, mold in clay, make the mesh, draw the texture and the normal map, reduce the mesh in LOD, make bones, make the weight of bones, etc. , I will waste time but I also save money XD, as there is nothing more precise than what is done by hand, since if you want quality you have to be perfecting every detail to the model with each object, since from my experience there is nothing better in quality than that, therefore the work is the same.

40. Teila

Teila

But you can get the same quality. lol You just use your model and the humanoid rig. As for quality, model quality can be good no matter what you use. You can get the details if you want high poly.

You have preferences but to infer that anyone who wants to use UMA's system does not care about quality is really not fair. I agree that not all models made by folks are of AAA quality but there is no reason a AAA quality model cannot be used in UMA's system.

However, reinventing the wheel is a common thing in game development so by all means, please go ahead. I look forward to seeing your results. :)

Regardless...time to leave this thread to it's purpose.

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  41. umutozkan

umutozkan

Nothing in that sentence is done by UMA. You may do all that and then use your model to create an UMA out of it (Just as I did with mine). UMA doesn't rig the content to your model either, you do. Then you turn that into an UMA wardrobe item. UMA abstracts the process of using those in your game. Also gives a solid framework to alter your bones' transforms in runtime. Which enables you to get your character fat or slim etc (you should use adjustments bones along with the animation bones in your rig while modelling if you want to make it really work though. But it's not a must. You can create an UMA from any model ).

I agree that base UMA's adjustments are not quite good. That's why I created new races. But it doesn't make UMA bad, the possibilities you can do with it is amazing. I think you should give UMA a chance and try to understand what it does and it doesn't do.

I am not suggesting you should use it. It's your choice. But there is a difference between choosing not to use something and saying negative things about it without knowing much about it.

Teila likes this.
  42. gegebel

gegebel

UMA is great, I just hope there would be more stuff for it :D

Teila likes this.
  43. Stefan86

Stefan86

i hope too

Teila likes this.
  44. Teila

Teila

We are in the process of making UMA stuff. I will start a WIP thread soon so you guys can tell us what you need. :)

Nateply, mwituni, mysticfall and 2 others like this.
  45. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I do not mean that UMA is bad, I say that for a person who does not know how to model is a good program, but for a person who knows how to model, he prefers to do it by hand, as I explained above, since if you do not know how to model, quality because for that you have to make a high resolution model with about 3,000,000 million polygons and make the normal map. and if you do not know how to model it is impossible for you to do that ,,,,, to summarize UMA is good, YES, UMA is good for a modeler, NO.

46. Teila

Teila

Here is an example of what I consider a great UMA model. It is perfect for most games, including MMO's and mobile. It has great shading on the body, arms, legs, face. You can make a more detailed one if your game will allow you the polys but this is good for most games.

http://willbgameart.com/product/uma-f_base-2-0/

I would post a picture but not sure if Will is okay with that so will instead put a link to his picture. When I am done testing some terrain tools, I will make some videos of his new models with some of his clothes.

mwituni likes this.
  47. Teila

Teila

Modelers use UMA. Not all modelers have no idea what they are doing. I think you need to read your sentence again.

Shoot, I thought I was done. So sorry to the Ulitmate Survival People. lol

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  48. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Teila do not take it badly, you do a good job, but understand, it's like I'm telling you not to make your own models that reallusion character creator does the work for you, you tell me it's better or worse. XD :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

49. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I'm no UMA expert, but I did look into building custom models at one point. I'm the opposite as you, more the programmer and less the artist. You can pretty much model your character in whatever modeling software you want. I think there are maybe certain things you need to do to the model when setting it up to be UMA ready. But then again, they may have changed that. I haven't really dug into the artist type docs since the early days of 1.0. The others here could fill you in more on that.

50. umutozkan

umutozkan

I thought I explained that you may have your own model in UMA in which case your statement of UMA being only useful to non-modeler is irrelateive. I am starting to believe that you are writing responses without reading.

Anyway, I think I made my point. I will not bother the people who is here for ultimate survival. Sorry for hijacking the thread with my UMA races' videos and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.