Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrad

Adrad

Unfortunately, there are people out in the world. That just see a quick buck. That never intend to do anything except be the "first" to get it out to a platform. Then never touch it again. Personally it's more of a Steam issue then the asset store. Just like having people that do nothing but write negative reviews. But whenever there is a chance to make a easy buck there will be scammers. On of the downsides of society in general.

LittleMike likes this.
  2. LittleMike

LittleMike

As much as I hate asset flippers, it's perfectly legal. What I think, and I hate to say it, is that Steam should take the Apple route and vet all games submitted to Greenlight (or whatever the new marketplace program is called.) This way they can check it against games already for sale and determine if it is fit for the market.

Apple does this with their app store. No joke - if there are too many "zombie" games on the App Store and you submit one that basically looks and plays exactly like the rest, they will reject it.

On the one hand, it's kind of a draconian practice.

On the other hand, it cleans up their marketplace, which is better for the consumer.

Of course the requirements would be completely arbitrary, but that's where you argue against capitalism and beyond the scope of my post. Lol :p

3. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

It is clear that in all its right to upload and sell it, but you have to recognize that without changing anything and much less update anything, is to have a little face. I will upload my assent to steam when I change all 3d models and this version 0.4. something very different from this person.

4. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I was looking at that game and went to his page, he is releasing 8 games between Sept 20 and Oct 17. This is why steam is full of useless junk. People like this that call themselves game creators .. http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Dexion Games He released 4 games on Sept 20th. They are all probley asset flips .

5. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

6. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Doesn't it cost $100 to release on Steam per game? So he spent $800 to asset flip lol

7. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

No, they only ask for 100 once, then you can upload the ones you want.

8. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

The new steam rule is $100 per game. But still, a lot of people fall for this game so it's not hard for them to get a return of $100 per game and more.

9. LittleMike

LittleMike

Exactly this. The new policy is $100 per game (to try to dissuade asset flippers) but as long as the asset flippers see a return on it greater than $100, they will keep flipping and flooding Steam with garbage.

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  10. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

But the problem is not the cost, the problem is steam that doesn't do a simple check. I wouldn't want the cost to go up but instead a proper way for them to check each game going up on their store.

jesseganey likes this.
  11. gegebel

gegebel

The real problem here is people buying this crap.
    The market is VERY simple. Demand and Offer. If there is a demand, there will be an offer.
    If people would stop buying crap, no one would care to sell it.

12. LittleMike

LittleMike

That was my suggestion - vetting the programs submitted for a certain level of quality control.

13. LittleMike

LittleMike

People will buy crap regardless. Steam does allow limited refunds for crap, but it's not a perfect process. Sometimes you want to play a game for a while to determine if it really is crap or if it gets better and by the time you can make that determination, you are passed the point where you can get a refund. No, this is a case where the market does not have as much influence. Especially on low dollar indy games. People are more likely to buy something under $10 without batting an eye. Ever read $7 secrets? It capitalizes on the psychology of impulse purchasing of certain dollar amounts.

14. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Winterbyte312, ultimate survival, will have Character Creation

15. gegebel

gegebel

I have studied marketing, so you probably can't teach me much about it. People have 2 hours to refund. Those "games" are through in 10 minutes max. People are just lazy bums and don't refund. So who's fault is it?

People who sell this S*** just count on the laziness and stupidity of the consumers and guess what, it works. So not the people who sell, but the people who buy are the ones at fault. Demand drives the market, this keeps being true, no matter the market. Being drugs, weapons, cereals or games doesn't matter, where there is a market, there is a business.

16. LittleMike

LittleMike

I have studied marketing too. While you're not wrong that demand drives the market, what you're not taking into account is that S*** also sells. It's all about marketing. If a game is on Steam, or if a game is on sale, or if a game is below a certain dollar amount it will sell for those reasons alone, whether it's garbage or not. Period.

So yes, if you want to blame lazy consumers, go ahead. But that is not going to resolve the issue which is allowing S***ty product into the store in the first place. The demand for games will drive sales. It won't stop S***ty games from being bought.

17. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

the end of the month is approaching, Winterbyte312, do you think you will have it ready 0.2 for this month?, first week of October maybe?

I ask you please answer me and do not pass from my commentary.

thank you,
    a greeting.

18. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

My birthday is on October 5th.. it’d be really cool to have 0.2. :D

19. arie1994

arie1994

trello say's 59/93 - nice try

20. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

I had an asset taken on the asset store, the developer added a license which mentions that he could only sell our games if the asset had been modified graphically 3d art , players, ui, etc and that any violation of this charter would result in prosecution with steam, it would not hurt to add a copyright especially for the prefabs in PDF format in the pack,

21. gegebel

gegebel

60/96 which means 1 done, 3 more added lol

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  22. gegebel

gegebel

This is straight from the steam forums for this "developer":

As I said before, the only reason S*** sells is because of stupid customers. As a smart customer you wouldn't even bother spending $1 on anything.

S***ty products are everywhere on the market, being books, games, phones and so on. The consumer decides with its money, which apparently people have too much, because they don't even refund.
    That's where the asset flipper is winning, they actually expect people to be lazy and make a quick buck.
    I don't see how Steam or Google or Apple could check every single game/app coming to their platform. There is just not enough man-power for this. Steam just allows the product to be sold, no one forces customers to buy though.

As a responsible customer, it would be your duty to actually refund. Actually, you should inform yourself before buying, but who really cares ?

I don't see how steam is at fault here. They put a heavy border with $100/game (vs $90 access fee before), which apparently is still not discouraging some people. Since you get your $100 back when you hit $1000 in revenue, I guess this guy made some money from it, just because people are lazy bums.

I guess you don't blame Walmart or any other shop for selling bad products, they give you choice, just like Steam.
    The only difference is that a shop has limited space (kick bad selling products out) vs Steam having unlimited storage possibility.

uni7y likes this.
  23. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Guys we talk about today, I can not think of anything.

24. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Someone knows if there will be a menu to choose character in ultimate survival.

25. jesseganey

jesseganey

not anything ive seen. I just wish update would come on so they could gripe about that and i could get to work on it.

26. jesseganey

jesseganey

The upside to delay is ive gotten really good at map design.

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes.

Altough Trello is a good indicator of the progress, I'm also adding checkpoints as I go along, because I didn't go through everything to determine everything that should be done in the beginning.

A better indicator of the progress:
    Inventory & related systems I'm about 50 - 60% done
    Weapon systems 70-80%
    Main menu 80 - 90%
    Building system ~85%
    AI 70 - 80%
    Mobile ~90%
    And a few others which are mostly done, as well.

I hope this gives you an idea. After I'm done with the inventory, because I'm not sure how much that will take to finish, I can estimate a date for the beta I'll send.

28. gegebel

gegebel

sounds like months of work rather than weeks :(

RobsonFMaciel and pushingpandas like this.
  29. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

regards,

Has anyone gotten a third person in US?

I have tried with this tutorial without success ...

Does anyone know another?

Thank you.

30. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

thanks for answering

I do not know much about programming, I can not evaluate the work that remains to be done.

a greeting

31. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

Anyone added a car to US ? ive bought a few scripts but having no luck sadly :(( anyone got any ideas/help?

32. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

See TheMessyCoder tutorials on youtube

Brandon_Powell and Hoonbag like this.
  33. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Inventory & related systems I'm about 50 - 60% done
    Weapon systems 70-80%
    Main menu 80 - 90%
    Building system ~85%
    AI 70 - 80%
    Mobile ~90%

??? Didnt you mentioned that Inventory is the only thing left and than finetuning and polishing???

34. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

nah tried this also couldn't enter the car I legit have no luck with this car entering stuff stuff :(
    thinking I should just make the person I a car that can build S*** ahahaha

35. LittleMike

LittleMike

And how are you going to know if a product is S*** unless someone is buying it? Do research? Someone had to buy it first (and tell others) to find out it was S***. So sorry, you're wrong. Doing due diligence and reading reviews *helps* but a) it requires customers to let each other know, and b) it's not 100% reliable even if you can leave reviews for others to know. How many times have you gone to a movie that the critics hated but you loved? How about the opposite?

Yes, you are correct in that, but not having the easy ability to actually get a refund greatly affects that. How many S***ty console games get sold with no ability to get a refund? That's the consumer's fault?

You must have missed the part where I said Apple *does* check every single game/app that comes to their platform. Each and every item you submit has to go through an approval process. This is how they maintain a standard of quality for their marketplace. The reason being that it sullies their reputation to sell crap.

Actually, yes, I do indeed blame Walmart for selling bad products and it is why I refuse to shop there. In fact, Walmart goes out of their way to sell S***ty products. They have specific deals brokered with their distributors that say what they will pay to put a product in their stores. If a distributor can't sell it to Walmart at the price *Walmart* wants, then they don't get the contract and they don't get their product into Walmart's massive retail channel.

Bottom line is this - as long as the profit margins outweigh return rates, a seller can afford to put the worst product in the world out there. Even if they are selling you a steaming pile of garbage. That's not the consumer's fault, it's the seller's. If you can't see that, then I'm done trying to explain it to you.

36. gegebel

gegebel

So you blame the reseller for the stupidity of consumers who are either too stupid to research, refund or read reviews ?
    Man you must be broke just from buying S***.
    For your information, Apple does not check every app, they do the same thing as Steam. it's being "reviewed" only. The mass of apps being submitted is just too heavy.
    When you see what gets in the asset store sometimes, it's not much better and we can't talk about massive submission here.

I don't see how letting the consumer choose, can be a bad thing. The consumer has the right to see good and bad products and make its decision, that's why we call it free market after all. Or maybe you're a communist who rather have the choice made for him ? That would be called censorship. I think we already have enough of this without needing even more. Especially since Steam DOES offer a refund. The customer in my example specifically even said he should but would not bother, so to me, he is one of the most stupid one. He knows the product is S***, he knows he can refund, but doesn't bother to. So it IS just stupidity. That's why asset flipper make a quick buck and that's why no one can complain about it.

37. LittleMike

LittleMike

Direct from Apple's developer site:

"We review all apps submitted to the App Store in an effort to determine whether they are reliable, perform as expected, and are free of offensive material. We review every app submitted based on a set of technical, content, and design criteria."

Yes, reviewed. As in they put it through a number of checks. Yes, you can still have a bad game on there, but it holds to a certain level of quality. And that zombie example wasn't hypothetical. I know someone that was actually rejected because there were too many zombie games on the market at the time. So yes, every single game is reviewed. That's why it can take weeks for each submission.

And no, I'm not broke from buying S***, because I do try to research a product before I buy it. That doesn't mean that I still haven't gotten burned by things that were supposedly good products. It is not unreasonable to expect a minimum level of quality.

Who said I want to stifle choice? Now you're moving the goal posts. We are talking about obvious garbage/asset flips. And anecdotal evidence proves nothing. Just because one moron (and I would agree that person is stupid) willingly declined to refund doesn't mean everyone else does. You seem to be completely missing the point. There are those that won't care about refunds because the amount of money they "lost" has less value to them than the effort of going through the refund process. There are those that try to get refunds but miss the cut off point, or can't for whatever reason (you can't get refunds on video games as a general rule, for example.) You seem to be gauging quality by refund or review and it's not a valid metric. Hell, there are people that get refunds so they can get something for free (publishers have seen that plenty of times here on the Unity asset store and have adopted a no refund policy to combat that.)

There is only so much consumers can do to try to make sure they get a quality product worth what they paid for it. To put the entire responsibility on the consumer is exactly what leads to monopolistic capitalism, to use your economics example. There is a happy middle ground where sellers try to sell good products and consumers do their research to see if the product is to their liking - THAT'S what I advocate. That includes sellers having some responsibility in the commerce process as well. You said you know marketing, but you seem to have forgotten the golden rule that the customer is always right.

38. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

I try to add new foundations everything goes well, I can lay the foundations on the ground but when I wish to put another one beside (the same foundation) is red and y have
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    UltimateSurvival.Building.BuildingHelpers.PlacePiece () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.Building/BuildingHelpers.cs:326)
    UltimateSurvival.Attempt.Try () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Event System/Types/Attempt.cs:51)
    UltimateSurvival.PlayerInputHandler.Update () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.InputSystem/PlayerInputHandler.cs:143)

i thing is a bug with the collider right?

39. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I get a similar issue or perhaps the same if I don't use the crafting wheel to build. I haven't looked too much into it but I've seen this while experimenting without the crafting wheel.

40. gegebel

gegebel

You seem to mix up the golden rule for marketing and reselling here...
    In marketing, every trick is good as long as it sells.

41. LittleMike

LittleMike

Who said they are mutually exclusive? Resellers are still sellers. Same rules apply. But forget it, man. It's obvious you're putting 100% of the blame on consumers when sellers pawn off garbage, so there's no point in arguing.

42. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

thanks, I'll try it, but I think it will not be worth it.

apart the raycast has to point where the mouse is

43. PineappleParty

PineappleParty

I get notification when this updates in tiny increments but I do not see anything posted about what those updates are. So like what was the update today for instance?

44. gegebel

gegebel

Well I'm interested in reading about everyone's argument.
    And yes, to me the consumer is at fault, because 99% of the time they just act stupid.
    New iPhone, I need to get it, here Apple get my $800. Not because I need it, but because it shows my status. For a product which is not worse more than 300 to 400 max. Of course it always has to be the latest one, god forgive I still have an old Galaxy S3. Hey I can call and read messages.
    Most people are just stupid, sorry. I've been working for long enough in marketing to see how people get lied to, duped and manipulated.
    I'm not sure how much or what kind of marketing you learned, but in my world, consumers don't know what they want, which is why they are manipulated, all the time.
    The warm and hot coffee you see in ads on TV is not coffee but some chemical mix to make sure it fumes well. The hot Blonde you see in magazines is just photoshoped and the car you drive uses more gas than adverted.
    Oh yea and every laundry powder you buy cleans whiter than white.
    I see this crap and ask myself, how comes the normal consumer doesn't react? and you know what? the answer is easy. They want S*** like this. They want this because it makes them feel better.
    Luckily I stopped working in marketing because it made me sick to lie to people, but that's another story.

To get back on topic, I don't see the seller or reseller at fault, because all they do is put the product on the store and the customer has the choice between all the products. The product is not being promoted or whatever and it's not like the "asset-flipper" has a publisher.
    People give these "devs" more attention than they deserve and you know, even when if you just trash them, you give em more power.

45. gegebel

gegebel

Bug-fixing

46. LittleMike

LittleMike

And you see zero fault in the developer/publisher for doing the lying, duping, and manipulating? Seriously? Yea, forget it. We are just going to have to agree to disagree. It's not the fault of fool for being a fool. It's the fault of the person taking unfair advantage of them.

Okay, how about this one? Why don't you ask Winterbyte for a refund? He "promised" updates that haven't come, there are bugs in the releases, by all definitions it's not a perfect product, right? But that would be your fault and you would be stupid for not asking for a refund and have no one to blame but yourself, right?

47. gegebel

gegebel

Well if you followed this thread, you'd know I'm the asshole who is the biggest critic in here :D
    I considered a refund, but it's not my decision, I have people I answer to.

And while we might disagree, I don't see it as a problem. If people would all agree they would all be lambs and I don't have a problem with people having a different opinion or position on a subject :D
    In fact, it might get people to think, but most wouldn't know anyway as they are trying to push their views. I'm just stating my point of view and experiences.

48. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

We all know the ford focus of the penultimate focus model, well these diesel engines are made by PSA Peugueot Xitroen group, now that we would have to do, change it because we have not sold a Ford, there are things we will never get to understand much less if he lifted his head henry ford XD.

49. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Come on let's change the subject, we change all :p.

50. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Well, by changing the subject, whoever knows this software, (DevxUnity - Unpacker Tools) this software completely decompresses a game echo with unity3d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.