Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

@Winterbyte312 I found something as well. If you place a sleeping bag or camp fire it is still in the inventory. And you can't destroy the sleeping bag or campfire

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  2. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

There is a little bit more...
    The .12 was fine. I don't know if it has something to do with Unity 5.6.3 but the current Ultimate Survival .14 project is broken. Not hard to fix, but I wish it would work like it did when it was released.

3. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

In the last update ,
    - the postprocessing asset are imcomplete ,
    - weapon sound missing
    - tools sound missing
    these are the only things I have found so far if this can help

4. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

No, like.. Let's say you're using a melee weapon and you're close to an enemy. If you're within a certain range and you attack, but you're still a little far away, it'll make the character lunge toward the enemy to do the melee. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but at 4:35 in this video it kind of shows it.
    He doesn't physically move his character, he just hit the melee button and his character lunged forward automatically for the attack.

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Ah, I see. That'd be really great, and will make melee combat more interesting. Will consider it after we release 0.2.

VladimirGameStudio and Weblox like this.
  6. gegebel

gegebel

It's really just a fast "Move towards target" with a nice effect. That's like 4 lines of code with the distance condition.

7. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

here, I share my visual modification of base building, there are probably little things to change such as the size of the PDA window ( border a little big) etc if you have suggestions

8. Stefan86

Stefan86

hey .. i have added a 3rdperson from invector .. but can not interact with anything .. I get the error ..: [Activity] - You tried to start an activity which has no tryer (if no one checks if the activity can start, it won't start). UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)UltimateSurvival.Activity:TryStart() (at Assets/Import/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Event System/Types/Activity.cs:86)UltimateSurvival.PlayerInputHandler:Update() (at Assets/Import/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.InputSystem/PlayerInputHandler.cs:107) Please help

9. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Install Team Viewer, send the id and pw through a conversation here. I'll quickly guide you.

10. Stefan86

Stefan86

Id: 246 994 161
    Pw: pr5g59

11. Stefan86

Stefan86

[QUOTE = "Winterbyte312, Post: 3231624, Mitglied: 1187698"] Installiere Team Viewer, sende die ID und pw durch eine Konversation hier. Ich werde dich schnell begleiten. [/ QUOTE]
    Ich habe inventory open with key "i"

12. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Trying to connect, the password is invalid
    Will open a conversation, send it there.

13. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

Stefan86

NEVER post team viewer in an forum :D next time use the private message (conservation) funktion

not sure if you german?
    NIEMALS die team viewer daten im forum pisten, mach das über die private nachricht (conservation)

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  14. Stefan86

Stefan86

[QUOTE = "Winterbyte312, Post: 3231637, Mitglied: 1187698"] Versuchen zu verbinden, ist das Passwort ungültig
    Wird ein Gespräch eröffnen, es dort schicken. [/ QUOTE]
    246 994 161
    1v45fa

15. Stefan86

Stefan86

[QUOTE = "Gaming-Projekt, Beitrag: 3231638, Mitglied: 1376705"] Stefan86

NIEMALS Post-Team-Viewer in einem Forum beim : Dnächsten Mal verwenden Sie die private Nachricht (Erhaltung) Funktion

nicht sicher wenn du deutsch bist
    NIEMALS die Team-Zuschauer daten im Forum pisten, mach das über die private nachricht (Erhaltung) [/ QUOTE]
    Yeah man i am german.. ☺️

16. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

@Winterbyte312 great update man cheers for fixing that lag problem when you shoot the first arrow looking forward to the future updates :) also is this project/asset full time or do you just work on it when you can be bothered ?
    how is everyone else ? by any chance would anyone have a script that allows the player to pick up and move and object say like if i want the player to pick up a box and put it on a shelf something like what you can do in fallout 3 (only game i can think of atm) thanks guys happy donate some funds if the script woks :)

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Glad it is helpful. I'm preparing a 0.1.5 which solves a few annoying problems. https://trello.com/c/v57f42Wd/83-01x
    I'm trying to spend as much time as possible on the kit. Sometimes I can work 8-10 hours, other times 1-3, etc.

18. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

@Winterbyte312 yeah i dont like looking at the trello ahah makes me what the updates sooner ahah but thanks once again and nice man putting them hours in ! :D

19. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Uploading 0.1.5
    - Solve shader breaking in Unity 5.6.3
    - Reassign the player sounds
    - Make some stats go down slower
    - (TreeManager) Take the terrain's offset into account
    - Go through dead bodies
    - Stop ragdoll physics after a few seconds
    - Improve the melee weapons a bit
    - Ability to destroy ladders
    - Lamp floats after the roof/floor is destroyed

Haven't encountered the infinite placement bug.

21. gegebel

gegebel

Did you fix the bug where one could climb ladders even if far away ? that's still a 0.11 Bug

22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hmm, how does it happen exactly?

23. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you for the link :)

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  24. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

The placement bug seems to be when you craft an item and move it to the hotbar you can place an infinate amount of the crafted item

25. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

If there is an update published to the asset store and the asset has previously been leaked, you can almost bet it is automated to leak again almost immediately. We did a test and updated one of our models 5 times in 5 days and the torrent version updated almost immediately on every update. Spoke to a Unity rep and several other asset devs and found out that most of the assets are bought by a fake account and used to update the torrent version when it updates. It is a giant automated system that is nigh on impossible to stop.

26. Stefan86

Stefan86

hey guys .. I have the character in the inventory replaced by a display camera .. so my character is to be seen ..
    my question .. knows someone how I can dress him ??
    About the inventory course ..

27. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Yeah, you really need to stop with this. WB said explicitly that this is not the case after you made this claim last time.

28. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Hey, @Winterbyte312, I noticed last night when making a build that Unity says I'm not a member of the project and it lists you not me as the creator of the project. It was easy enough to fix in Player settings (in debug mode) by erasing the app ID and then generating a new one in the Unity Services panel and simply changing the author name but you might want to change that before the next release. I understand why you'd want to have it that way internally but it needs to be stripped before release.

Also are you still planning on doing a beta release for those who've already purchased once the new inventory system is finished? Any ideas on when that might be? I'm less concerned with save/load now as I need to save/load a lot more than what's in US so I'm using Easy Save. Also, does the new inventory system alter the way equipping work, specifically clothing? I'm assuming it does so for now I think I'll just have a bunch of naked NPCs running around. I can implement my own skinned meshed renderer stitching system but I'd rather see what you do first as it might be better than my own solution.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  29. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Wow! That looks really slick! Good work!

30. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I noticed that as well and meant to mention it. This really needs to be stripped out before being submitted to the asset store. :(

ronaldomoon likes this.
  31. Hoggo

Hoggo

Really enjoying my Ultimate Survival purchase - great package, nice code, well written! I'm happily adapting it for our game, but much as I'm trying not to, I'm increasingly concerned about keeping my code changes separate to yours so I can continue to take your upgrades. When v0.2 comes out I'll upgrade and see how well I'm doing.
    Any idea yet on when 0.2 will be released?

32. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

A good rule of thumb when importing ANY asset into your project is to uncheck every Project setting if it comes with you. That me and InputSetting, tags, Quality, etc.

If something needs a layer or tag, check the docs and add it yourself that way no importent settings get overwritten.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  33. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I disagree. If you have an asset that is a complete project, it should be safe to import into a newly created project without unchecking project settings. What you are referring to is true for character controllers and other non-complete projects that end up in the complete project category. In that case, Unity's review team is failing. Those assets should be in a different category. At least to me a complete project should be a complete game sample that goes with a tutorial or game kits such as this one, ORK, uMMORPG, etc. But even when those, there should be nothing tying services to the asset author.

With a kit, there could be things within it dependent on settings within the project settings. Unfortunately it is a rare occurrence to have these documented well. US's documentation is a bit sparse to be honest. If there are any of those settings that are required, they aren't in the docs.

To add to your good rule of thumb, never import standard assets that are included within an asset. I still haven't figured out why Unity sometimes adds those to assets when submitted.

34. gegebel

gegebel

It's bad habit to take ANY dependency to anything else in general. Added to this, no matter what people call US, it's VERY far from being a complete project.

35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I agree. But an asset such as US fits in that category far better than half the ones in there. But I think more to the point, the asset should not be submitted with Winterbyte's information in the project settings.

As for the "bad habit", not everyone who uses Unity or the Asset Store are an expert in every aspect. You were there too at some point. :) But that is the beauty of the asset store. You are able to tap into the expertise of others to supplement things for your project where you are weak. The hope is that you get clean assets which you are able to use or at least pick apart and learn from. Personally, I'd much rather not have Unity pull the project settings into the asset at all and be able to depend on publishers to submit them with complete documentation.

36. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

nah sorry not quite what i was looking for but that is something i may use later down the road i found something i could use but it does collide with other objects when you move it :(

37. gegebel

gegebel

just change the physics collision condition in editor, don't see any problem

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  38. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Ooohhh I see what you mean now. You create a new project with your name, import US and your named was overwritten. Yeah. I see now. I agree.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  39. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Sorry for the double post but my mobile won't let me edit it for some reason.

Anyways! How hard would it be to integrate RFPSP into US? Better yet US 0.2 when it comes?

I love US but RFPSP comes with more fantasy oriented stuff like the katana/sword-shield animations and third person controller.

So I was thinking I'd combine them, mainly I want to move US inventory, crafting, etc stuff like that to RFPSP.

40. gegebel

gegebel

Would take a day or 2 to move everything over.

41. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Thanks.

I'm torn on this whole thing because some day US is going to have TPS as well, and US comes with some better animations (like swimming).

I'll wait a little while to see how things turn out.

42. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

43. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

we can eventually make a report with steam all together

44. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

why? Asset is sold with models, buyer can use the models.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  45. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Ah... Asset flippers... they bring tears to my eyes.

I mean, they have to expect to instantly start with negative reviews right? They can't be *that* dumb.

Don't go on Steam that early.

I don't think he means for using the models, I think he means for flipping and asset.

46. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

You can not take an asset and sell it without changing anything I believe, is in the charter of unity

47. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

That's true. You can't really do anything because it legal to use the assets if you bough it. It's just shameful to see the asset pack been sold as a game with little to no change.

48. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Winterbyte312, can make a claim on copyright on steam, and suddenly sink the developer

49. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

50. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I don't think this will go far. This will give too much power to the asset devs and strike down any game they want that use scripts created by them even though it was purchased legally. It may generate mistrust with asset users and asset developers.

Sucks that many flip the assets with no change but i don't think there is an easy way to stop that and will never be. Steam is the one at fault here, they should be checking the games instead of allowing anything to pass.

S*** like this (http://store.steampowered.com/app/709250/Hardcore_Survival) should be easy for someone in steam to see it's an asset flip. Specially since copies of it already exist in steam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.