Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalle801

Kalle801

Im on it dude.

2. LittleMike

LittleMike

Make sure you remove any other cameras. The one on the Ultimate Survival character should be the only one in the scene.

3. reocwolf

reocwolf

Will US be VR ready some day?

4. Xype

Xype

Heh and funny story on that, LiF was started by some guys who left another game, saying they could do it better, they got about 10% of the content, half *rear end* that part of it and decided omg just release it. They did it much worse. But hey I give them props for trying!

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  5. Xype

Xype

That player character wall qq. NPC easy, they have 1 skin color 1 hairstyle 1 outfit. I swear Notch had the right idea with blocks.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  6. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

You could download the asset and uncheck all except the ccdrivencontroller. That way only that script gets replaced

7. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Well I did not know that story, I know what game was inspired but not why. I know that it is missing and much, but I like the game.

8. gegebel

gegebel

I once tested something like liF, just even worse. You would have to really start fire by hitting space to blow and moving the mouse to move the fire sticks.
    People who tested said it was too much work...too realistic. They want to chill when they come home from work and not work even harder just to start a fire lol

9. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

In that sense you're absolutely right, But believe me I've played games of shooting shots and I've gotten bored fast and games that you spend hours building and I throw years playing the game, I do not want to say they're bad, We each like one thing. I do not mean to make an eternal game, But it is not easy to get things.

10. Xype

Xype

the game those LiF guys came from is one of those spend years on it and look back going wow 12 years already.

11. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Why do you feel so bad Life is feudal ?, I know you have something to do with (Wurm) but I do not belong to (Life is feudal), nor do I think that in this forum you are interested in the problems you have (Life is feudal against Wurm), All games are inspired by an earlier, in my case I'm inspired by (Life is feudal) not because it is the best or the worst, I simply like the game. I am in this forum to help and make friends and not enemies. But if you want to discuss which is better than the two, I will not go your way.

12. Xype

Xype

You brought it up, talking about how it had too much to squeeze in, when in reality they didnt get 10% of what they intended to get to as it was a bigger task than they bragged about when they ran off. You can squeeze a whole lot more in, that is the entire point.

13. LucianPavel

LucianPavel

ROCKET LAUNCHER from US 0.3

14. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

what is wurm? The Team17 shooter?

15. Xype

Xype

HAHA I was trying not to mention the name of the game but now it is out there. It is old as dirt, and still awesome. Notch was a cofounder of it before he made minecraft.

And no I am not involved with Wurm other than loving the heck out of it.

16. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Can we expect 0.2 at the end of September? Or are we looking at November/December time?

17. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

An 11 year old MMORPG.

It's really only liked by a certain type of community.

It was nice in that is was a sandbox-type game but too much PK, with full loot. So if you worked hard on getting equipment, some dick troll could walk by and kill you by any means (lag included) and loot it all and laugh as you're crying in the corner.

Not my style of game. There is a time and a place for PvP, and it's not anywhere or all the time.

18. Legend458

Legend458

Trello: 58/93, more added again :(.

19. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

Which will come first Star Citizen 3.0 or US 0.2.

20. gegebel

gegebel

Star Wars 1313 :D

21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Half-Life 3

jesseganey likes this.
  22. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

That might coming sooner than we except :) :) :)

24. gegebel

gegebel

not before Red Dead Redemption 2 though yay, can't wait for this one :D

SirTwistedStorm and jesseganey like this.
  25. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

There are actually some of us who are weird and enjoy a good crafting system. Most of the time my gaming time is very sporadic. Not really enough time to get into a group to go off killing S***. However, I can spend time crafting items or building stuff for my guild with no problem. If I get interrupted with a phone call or something that needs my immediate attention, I don't get my group killed if I'm crafting (or harvesting)... I really like the look of the crafting in the video. However, I would increase the harvesting amounts. Seriously.. One plant fiber per harvest? That is just silly. heheh. But I love the concepts in the ways it was implemented. I think a system like this might be more viable for a larger scale network game or single player. Not everyone is going to want to craft. If single player, maybe toggle the way it works based on a difficulty setting in options.

gegebel likes this.
  26. bobbybau

bobbybau

lol i cant believe you guys are still hoping and praying they are still working on this.. this thing is dead.. they got your money and ran :D

27. VanillaCupcake

VanillaCupcake

I still believe in this project :)

RoyS and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  28. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

This is not dead man so don't start spitting rumors. It's just taking a long damn and excruciating time.

29. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Which will be funny when you're wrong.

We know that it IS coming, it's just taking a while. I personally know this as fact.

Besides, I'm busy setting up AI, scenes, and many other things.

You know what's interesting? Setting up a world like Skyrim where you walk through, watching animals hunt each other and NPCs react to the environment without the player. It's kind of like making a Simulator.

30. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I agree its NOT DEAD, he is working on it, i just think he is adding to much to the template . I really do not care for all the new tools and weapons, or the effects on the dirt and sand, weather system, or star system. These are all things i think should be added by the person making a game ..

31. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I still believe in this project :)

32. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

This. OMG. So. Much. This.

I'm kinda on the fence at this point, but like Agent Mulder: I WANT to believe. ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  33. reocwolf

reocwolf

Thought you guys might take some inspiration.

LucianPavel, wizard40, Zelre and 3 others like this.
  34. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

Why are all the updates so disconnected? The demo scene terrain texture, weapon/tool sounds, and quite a few other things are broken. Now, I know how to fix them but this is getting ridiculous!

@Winterbyte312

I really liked Ultimate Survival when it was released. I bought it for full price before it was reduced. The problem is that with each update the ".1" keeps turning into a bigger mess. Now I know everyone is waiting on .2 and that is fine but the little updates like .14 are so sloppy that it takes forever to repair the asset just to get it back up to par. Missing sound files on all weapons in the inspector. Terrain textures stuck on the project preferences glitch. Who is updating this package and what are they doing?

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I will download the project and test it. Haven't touched 0.1 since March.
    If anyone experienced other issues with 0.1 let me know :) I'll submit the fixes as 0.15 later today.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    RoyS and VanillaCupcake like this.
  36. Zelre

Zelre

At the end of the day this is Winterbyte's asset and he wants all of this to be in it. The more it has in it the better, you can take out what you don't want. If he never made this asset in the first place, what would have been your solutions? Just hold on and wait for them to release a complete asset that they as the developers are happy with. Let them add as much as they want, and bug test as much as they need to.

37. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

You are absolutely right this is Winterbytes asset and he can do what he wants.. but we were looking for an asset to help us get a good jump start on a game. We bought this asset back in March when it first came out, and BEFORE we bought it we took the time to read about it and be sure it was what we wanted and looked at his roadmap .. At that time the road map said the next update would be out in April, and the multiplayer would be out in May. So we bought the asset looking forward to those updates to help our game progress the way we wanted. Since then the roadmap has changed more than a dozens times and the update that was supposed to be released in April we are all still waiting on, and the multiplayer that was supposed to be released in May will now be sometime way down the road. So you should understand why a few of us are on the edge, even though we still support the project we would really like to see the update that we thought would be released 5 months ago.

ronaldomoon likes this.
  38. LittleMike

LittleMike

So you bought an asset based on not the features that it currently had, but what it was *going* to have? See my previous example about that being like buying Windows 10 because you liked what Microsoft said would be included in Windows 11 and then complaining when 11 isn't out and they changed all the features.

Adam, the maker of Gaia promised 2.0 would be out by July the latest, I think. It is now September. I believe I've read not one single complaint about it in the thread for that. Why? Because people are happily using the current version. When 2.0 comes out, it will be even greater. But until then, people are happy with *what they purchased*

The point is, assets are meant to jumpstart, like you said. This currently is capable of doing that, no? So what's the problem? Work with what you bought. Not what you think it's going to include down the road. What if Winterbyte became suddenly ill and closed up shop? If you bet on the future, you're taking an unnecessary risk.

jesseganey and Old_Wolf like this.
  39. arie1994

arie1994

"Because people are happily using the current version." - this is the point, people are happy because it works great
    and US 1 does not. The code isn't great , and a lot of standard features that you expect are missing(like those that spouse to be in 2.0) and most importantly we as customers were promised something that was not delivered.
    Also who needs features like stars and clouds? what it has to do with fps survival package? We paid for survival game mechanics- clouds and stars are extra - and most devs will probably replace them.

40. gegebel

gegebel

No matter what we say or hoped for or expect, some people are mad because they thought they invested in something coming soon and others are just happy with what they have.
    Now you can discuss all day and night about this, but in the end it won't change the fact we all have to wait.

41. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Adam is an exemplary asset developer, we trust his products to always be of the highest quality and the delay of Gaia 2 brought us CTS and the world manager api which he provides for free because of his love for game development and the Unity community. Now that I said that I agree with you on buying an asset for it's current features rather than potential future additions.

jesseganey and LittleMike like this.
  42. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Top of all. Winterbyte is not making an asset. He is making a game. Stop calling US an asset. Its not.

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  43. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

He publicly stated that he would make it more mainstream to use as a general survival template, stop saying it's not an asset.

44. arie1994

arie1994

@Winterbyte312 i found couple of bugs in 1.4
    -ladders are indestructible
    -lamps remain in the air even when ceiling is destroyed
    -weapons still don't emit sounds
    -to hit with melee weapons you have to be unreasonably close to enemy

45. LittleMike

LittleMike

So it's very simple. If the version at the time you bought it doesn't have what you want or doesn't perform the way you want, you ask for a refund and call it a day. I'm sick and tired of hearing people bitch on this thread. One of the main reasons we have these delays to begin with is because of people complaining it doesn't have this feature or that feature, and Winterbyte, trying to accommodate everyone, keeps adding things instead of fixing what's broken first. I think he finally understands that and is working towards that, but not before an enormous amount of scope creep has set in.

Bottom line - if you don't like the product as-is, get a refund and get out. Anyone who buys an asset based on what is *going* to be in it has no right to complain when features don't make it in. The point of buying an asset is because it contains what you need. If it doesn't (regardless of future promises), then don't buy it. Period.

jesseganey and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  46. LittleMike

LittleMike

You're right on that. I'm just tired of the complaining. It's not going to make it release any faster and all it does is clog up this thread. You have been very helpful with getting the current version to do various things. This is exactly what the thread is for - not complaining when there are delays.

jesseganey and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  47. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Just to add to this.....foundations can be placed forever(doesn't have to be on ground), you can stack objects (I stopped at 600 anvils lol), I know there's more but that's all I can think of away from my computer right now, and I'm kinda of rushed lol

arie1994 likes this.
  48. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

how can you make melee weapons home into an enemy? like lunge you

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You mean how to make an enemy use a melee weapon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.