Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supgarn

Supgarn

2. SocketByte

SocketByte

Yeah, but people will never understand that selling something for many people is always cheaper than writing code for one person. There's a difference developing Ultimate Survival on asset store and writing whole asset for one project, one studio. Unfortunatelly my earnings from a day of programming is maybe $50 or less. Reality is a whore.

SirTwistedStorm and uni7y like this.
  3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Really soon this time. After I recreate the inventory systems I can pretty much send a beta version to 0.1 people.

The better question is why did you post our 0.1 project for free on leak forums?
    I see the same name here, in your e-mail, and there. Just checked the forums yesterday, and what a surprise.
    Who/what gives you the right?

4. uni7y

uni7y

What's your problem?! can't wait to share it in leak forums??!! Loser!

ronaldomoon and jesseganey like this.
  5. Supgarn

Supgarn

Oh Sorry About That But This Post Is Dead Link Before I Post 10 Min And I Delete Download Link

6. Supgarn

Supgarn

Because I Post It Because I Need To More View My Ouo.io
    Shorten URLs
    and earn money

But This Link Is Not Correct Download Link

7. Supgarn

Supgarn

If it is not true why admin leakforum block my all thread [Ultimate survival , UFPS]

8. jesseganey

jesseganey

Its been a long wait but am so excited for the beta. Those people just make me sick. Hope they get whats coming to them.

LittleMike, AngryPixelUnity and uni7y like this.
  9. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi all,

If anyone needs it here is a tutorial on how to make water bottles refillable:

10. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Nice tuto ;)

mwituni and TheMessyCoder like this.
  11. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thanks. I hope it helps.

12. gegebel

gegebel

Will you review all your videos once 0.2 is out, or just make new one?

uni7y likes this.
  13. uni7y

uni7y

very nice tut again :) Thanks

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  14. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi man, I will do a new series for 0.2, so hopefully Tutorial 22 was the last one before 0.2 is released

mwituni and uni7y like this.
  15. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

HAHAHAAHA!!! BUSTED!!!

16. Zelre

Zelre

Even if this were true, you're still a pretty S***ty person if you're exploiting people (even if they're pirates) for money. Somehow I doubt it is true though. Else you wouldn't be here waiting for the latest version. People that would be doing what you claim to be doing wouldn't even be active in these kinds of forums, they'd just look for the most popular assets and make fake links to download them... At least that's what I would do.

Probably the reason why most assets die, people like you give their work out for free...

17. uni7y

uni7y

So true!

18. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Winterbyte, I do not know if they are necessary. but stop adding things to Trello please, we lack respect, it seems to make fun of us.

Can not close an update with important things and leave the rest for small updates?

this is not a recovery of the lost work, you are deceiving us, that's how I feel

a greeting.

19. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I don't want to release a buggy, unfinished, slow kit.
    Atm I'm working on the inventory systems. I haven't touched this area since that crash, although I managed to get back a few scripts -- most of them, including the UI Layout were lost.

I know it's been so long, but we had a lot of setbacks along the way. The way I respect you is by not publishing a mediocre product. Might be difficult to see through Trello, but I'm not doing anything that isn't necessary at this point.
    The only "unnecessary" things is the time of day new features which are worked on by my partner, as he can't help with anything else atm.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  20. gegebel

gegebel

I just hope it will be really good after waiting for so long.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  21. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I understand your position, but I also hope you understand mine.
    a greeting.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  22. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

I am doing a complete overhaul of the building wheel for my futuristic survival ;) if you want to see what it gives once finished. to come back to the subject, yes the development is long BUT, I prefer a Long development with an asset without bug, that a kit does too fast and full of bug. SO...Patience is Mother of Safety :D

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  23. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

What kind of things will you be doing to the inventory? Changing the UI from 0.1?

24. LastChaos

LastChaos

No.. Waiting for update.

25. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

where's the control display stored? i can't find it anywhere in the In-Game GUI, i want to hide it

26. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

In the player prefab, player input handler script Uncheck show control

27. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

i'm an idiot :p thanks!

28. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

At first I also did not understand why I always added things to trello, but Winterbyte explained that the only thing that adds more are errors that are coming out and points them so that they are not forgotten. But now seeing that every day is updated trello and understanding what I explain Winterbyte, now I am calmer.

29. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

What I like about "US" it is its simplicity to customize the interface according to our desires thank you Ultimate Survival <3 <3

Attached Files:

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  30. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

On the day that leaves and the final version will try to remove that map since all the actions that the player has to do animations, such as the video that I put in the link, like the system of crafting and construction, since in the reality a person can not load so much on top and much less XD magic, The end user what he likes is that everything is real.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  31. impi2

impi2

Can you ask him to add support for Tenkoku Dynamic Sky System too while he is busy with it and has some time please. Justin from Tanuki Digital (Tenkoku author) will be happy to help integrate it with US.

32. cbirchem0724

cbirchem0724

can someone help me with this error?

when I try to use the default building system as soon as I place an object I get this error message and the game goes back into editor mode

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    UltimateSurvival.Building.BuildingHelpers.PlacePiece () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.Building/BuildingHelpers.cs:326)
    UltimateSurvival.Attempt.Try () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Event System/Types/Attempt.cs:51)
    UltimateSurvival.PlayerInputHandler.Update () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.InputSystem/PlayerInputHandler.cs:143)

33. gegebel

gegebel

if you want it real, you would have to place brick after brick. Players don't want that. Many games tried and failed.
    Players don't want a job in a game, they want fun.

34. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

In this you are quite right, If you want it real, you would have to place brick after brick. But in the genre of games that I play as in this game title, the opinions of the players are those who like the game to be very real, there are two types of players who likes PVP and PVE and to put the two things together you have to make it balanced. I do not say that you have to put brick after brick, but if you close it a little to do things or you have diseases or fractures in your arms and legs and you have to go limping or with crutches like that, if you play a little to the title that I put it you would understand and you would hook XD. but there are a lot of people who like to play games that come in and kill 30 guys and that's it, but there are other types of players who like to play to build things and make it as real as possible without going through XD clearly.

BackwoodsGaming and impi2 like this.
  35. impi2

impi2

I agree. Not everyone just wants to kill zombies. There's many market sectors.

But in order to be unique, you should do that yourself. Else every game using template will do it and you loose advantage.

36. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

The problem is that I'm not a programmer, I'm just a modeler and it's not that I'm a professional modeling and I have to stick to my possibilities, but with the help of programmers gegebel, TheMessyCoder, Winterbyte312 among others. It's more than enough of what I could do alone. Nor do I have a short-term project in mind. I have many ideas in mind to add to the game, not all I will be able to do since it depends on most programming. But part of the revenue that goes by collecting will be for a programmer to expand it, in this case would be for those who have been helping at first as gegebel, TheMessyCoder, Winterbyte312 among others.

37. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Just wanted to post I love this pack!!! I have tried many times to learn coding and have never gotten beyond old school basic. Having a blast tweaking things swapping assets and seeing my project take shape. Also thanks TheMessyCoder as well!! Though still having no luck adding new guns. Found animated FPS pack for free and am working at it.

PS
    So bummed multiplayer got pushed back but maybe by the time I get a better understanding of unity and C it will be ready.

mwituni and VladimirGameStudio like this.
  38. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I'm on the other side of things, I need models and textures and can only draw stick figures. :p

39. cbirchem0724

cbirchem0724

Bump, can anyone help with this?

40. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Well then we can exchange code and 3d models and as it is the same assent we will have no problem for the implementation of the files. my game theme is medieval, but I can make models for another theme if you need it. the only thing that complicates me are models of characters that for me that is advanced level, but anything you need tell me and I will help you.

41. impi2

impi2

Without debugging it, I'd guess there's maybe not safety code around the function and you may be trying to place the wrong piece.

If starting to build, place a foundation first, then walls on top etc. Maybe y were placing something that needs a dependency under it etc.

If not that maybe there's some files missing from your project.

42. mwituni

mwituni

Yes there are some really helpful contributors on this forum. Also Zelre , Gunsrequiem etc.

We all appreciate the effort.

43. cbirchem0724

cbirchem0724

I'm just trying to place the default deck foundation when I get the error. I'm starting to think its not compatible with the newest version of unity. in that case ill be asking for a refund.

44. LittleMike

LittleMike

There was a post earlier in this thread regarding someone having an issue with the BuildingHelper and how to fix it.

With that said, why did you buy this when it says right on the asset store page that it's not compatible with Unity 2017? It came out before Unity 2017, so how could it even *be* compatible? Winterbyte is updating it for the latest version, but that may take a while. Check Trello for current status of the newest version.

You're entitled to ask for a refund and all, I just don't understand why you would buy this, expect it to work for a version of Unity that wasn't even out yet when this was released, and then go onto the forums and ask for a refund. Why bother buying in the first place? There is no way it would have ever done what you asked.

45. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

I am successfully using it with the 2017.1 version of Unity without any errors. I just automatically updated the scripts

46. cbirchem0724

cbirchem0724

I ended up downgrading to unity 5.5 and the errors went away. I guess I missed the part where it said wasn't compatible and just seen where it said unity 5.5 and higher

47. LittleMike

LittleMike

No worries. The revamped Asset Store is kinda crappy in that regard, so it's easy to miss. If you click the little arrow where it says 5.5 or higher it will actually say "Package has been submitted using Unity 5.6.1, and 5.6.3 to improve compatibility with the range of these versions of Unity"

Now, that doesn't mean you can't get it to work in a higher version, it just means you'll have to update the scripts like @monkyfizt did. I'm using it in 2017.1.1f1 myself. I would try creating a new project, importing just Ultimate Survival, then exporting it as a custom asset package and importing that into your original project (after making sure it works alone, obviously).

48. Kalle801

Kalle801

How can i make the Model visible for my network please?

49. gegebel

gegebel

you got 10 days time, $5000 and understand english fluently? I can show you how to program a multiplayer game.
    Seriously though, network is gonna be in 0.3. So you just gotta wait or learn how to create multiplayer games.

50. cbirchem0724

cbirchem0724

Sorry guys I'm back with another issue, I got base building working by downgrading unity. Fixed it breaking my ocean system by opening survival as a new project and exporting just the assets into another project. But now when I build any terrain except for the demo terrain I can't get the player to move or jump, he can only look around. And yes I have made sure he is above the terrain. When I add the default unity first person controller I can move around fine but the menu is always up on the screen. Any ideas would be appreciated. Sorry I'm new to unity i moved over from about a year of playing around in cryengine and I'm still trying to work things out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.