Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gegebel

gegebel

Because no one should pay for an asset-flip game.
    If people don't refund. Too bad for them.

2. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

@Winterbyte312 was hoping you would fix that issui when you throw thw first spear / shoot an arrow very much appreciated bro :)

3. phantomy1

phantomy1

@Winterbyte312
    I tried to open your fbx of the bow and arrow / first person hands inside Blender but received an error message that it can't be loaded because it is in the wrong fbx format: ASCII fbx. What can I do about that?

4. gegebel

gegebel

Could you people do the same as everyone else and wait for 0.2 ? I'm waiting since March so you guys can probably wait a week or 2.

Old_Wolf likes this.
  5. arie1994

arie1994

trello is 37/66 -why would you think it will take a week or 2?

6. LittleMike

LittleMike

Looks like we got an update to 0.14 today. Hopefully that means that Winterbyte is hard at work and 0.2 isn't far behind.

7. gegebel

gegebel

I'm a prophet :cool:

8. michaly28

michaly28

Hi,
    There is a bug in the building system in 0.14 version.. the scene crashes whenever I try to place a foundation on the ground.
    it says:
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. (in BulidingHelpers.cs line 326)
    FYI it looks like m_StabilityBoxes is always empty..
    btw - what does m_StabilityBoxes means?

thanks!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    ykach likes this.
  9. MrGky93

MrGky93

hope this come 2019!! 0.2

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  10. mwituni

mwituni

Not sure this will help as I've not used US and only just loaded 0.14 and just looked at it, and also it seems 0.14 that unit is changed (no m_StabilityBoxes var) - it looks more generic on building pieces (which is good).

If you mean what does the word mean - I assume 'Stability Box' was like a stable foundation piece.

If you mean what does the code / variable mean ... from what I can see most m_* variables are private (so used in the BuildingHelpers.cs unit itself) and they seem to describe the (local version) of an object, eg
    (in 0.14)
    private BuildingPiece m_CurrentPrefab; (declaring a private m_* variable to hold the value of a building piece)
    ... then later ...
    m_CurrentPrefab = prefab.GetComponent<BuildingPiece>(); (assigning it, and from this point on its not null)

so probably the object yours is assigning in the 2nd part is null / non-existent. Did you change code? Or is the object in the repository maybe deleted etc?

I looked in "Item Management" but can't see building pieces - as I thought maybe your entry was just empty or something. But I guess they might be more hardcoded still (haven't looked)

Maybe install 0.14?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  11. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

If you dont like waiting then build your own...

BackwoodsGaming and flyncriminal like this.
  12. mwituni

mwituni

Oh, we all LOVE waiting !

13. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Anyone has a Save/Load tutorial specifically for US? I'm willing to pay for working scripts that can do this at this point.

14. mwituni

mwituni

It's in 0.2 I believe, which is only a
    away, according to the prophecy

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  15. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I purchased the asset when it came out and I lost faith it will be released anytime soon. This is why i'm just willing to get it going with .1x at this time and pay for fully working save/load system for US. I don't even believe it will be released this year at the rate this is going. Every month there is an excuse so i'm just tired of the wait.

Brandon_Powell and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  16. gegebel

gegebel

For $500 I'd do it :D

jesseganey likes this.
  17. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I don't think this is a real offer and if it is I will sadly decline it and thank you. If anyone else would like to offer please write me a PM with a more realistic offer.

18. gegebel

gegebel

The problem is saving the inventory, the rest is easy.

19. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

For a developer that's a cheap rate to be honest

BackwoodsGaming and gegebel like this.
  20. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I agree, and at this point I would have loved if winterbytes released .14 or previously versions with just a save system.

21. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Do any of these suit you? I did some tests with BUG, but I think if you insist a little you can get
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/768

22. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I own it. I just don't know how to implement it. I get upset at my self because i have managed to get almost everything done but the stupid save system is my achilles heel at this time.

23. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Correction -- 39/70

24. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I understand you. I know how it is. I'm studying methods with XML, or something simpler, maybe with JSON to save inventory items. I also thought about doing as SQLite. I do not know yet which would be the best way.:(

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Our price per hour is 80 €. So a day of programming cost around 640 € So 500 USD for a save system incl. bug finding and finishing is quite realistic imho

jesseganey, arie1994 and gegebel like this.
  26. arie1994

arie1994

so...2 finished, 4 added...
    every day is pain :eek:

Brandon_Powell and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  27. Legend458

Legend458

I hope 0.2 comes very soon......

28. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Define soon? 2018?

29. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  30. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I posted back in March a very simplistic save/load tutorial. I had stopped working on it while waiting for the official release. There are things I did that in the video that were not necessary after further investigation but it should still work. Saving buildings is a bit more complicated but I think I could do it. What can be tricky is how you manage worn arm items/weapons as they end up on different arm models.

I would be willing to expand on it further if the next release is certain to be delayed. It just isn't worth it if it's coming out soon.

This post and one a little later:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...survival-template.442016/page-17#post-2983587

31. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

That is the problem, since May we are "thinking" that it will leave soon and so we ourselves hope and do not develop many things. Unfortunately many thought so :(

32. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I don't think US .2 is coming out this month. There is just too much to-do in trello and only 1-2 people only working on this package if i'm not wrong. I really believe that .2 will blow .1x out of the park but the challenge is how longs is taking. I really want to get out a demo already to get some feedback and see what works and what doesn't but not having a save/load system really prevents me. I have managed to make my UI to not even resemble US as much as possible. I'm also hard at work replacing and adding all weapons and tools because even though I love the US weapons and Tools, every asset flip out there is using them. I'll try to get a video out and show my work soon with all new updates but I've been waiting until i can get some kind of save system first.

33. gegebel

gegebel

You really just need a list of buildings with position, instanciate them at load time.
    My buildings consist of single planks, that's fun to save, I can tell you :D

34. Zelre

Zelre

Download Autodesk FBX Convertor. It's free and will allow you to convert the models so you can use them in Blender. It won't change it from .FBX, but will change the FBX file so isn't ASCII. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909

ronaldomoon and Nateply like this.
  35. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

I got easy save to work similar to the way the save system works in My Summer Car. It took me like a week to get it to properly delete and replace but before that I had it just adding new save files every time. The way I did it would only work for single player though. Also, I don't have it but the Playmaker save/load system might even be easier.

36. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I hope it is not so, my mail told me that at the end of September, although watching Trello I think that again he will not keep his word ...

37. gegebel

gegebel

41/71 it's moving further :D

38. Saiga308

Saiga308

Getting a demo out without a save/load system isn't going to prevent you from getting feedback. Just make it clear that saving/loading will come in a later demo or version.

Give this a try: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/768

It really just sounds like you are replacing art and changing up the UI, what have you added or changed out of US other than art and UI that is going to make your game different? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to sound condescending.

39. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

If anyone wants a single player save system using Easy Save that will save and load everything I might be able to resurrect my old project that I think was Unity 5.5x, Ultimate Survival .12, and Easy Save. I don't want to do a tutorial exactly but I can make a quick guide where you create a new Unity 3D project and then add Easy Save package and then add Ultimate Survival complete package. I then could have a custom package uploaded that uses my menu system and show you how to link the code so it works and the lines that need to be changed exactly because I cant actually share Winterbytes code.

My save system basically works as a player quit/death system where the player can quit the game and come back exactly how it was left. If the player dies then the last set spawn location is where the player will restart. The player will still retain inventory in both situations but if the player dies then the stats like health, hydration etc.. are restored. The UI menu system is just a profile. You select your profile and it will load the game. If you make a new profile it will allow you to name it but that is about it so you wont have multiple saves per profile.

I think when Easy Save v3 come out you will basically be able to drag and drop it into your project to do the same thing. Now a proper way to create a single+multiplayer save is tedious and depends on if you are taking the MMO approach or just a cooperative experience. MySQL is a whole different monster but it offers a better user account server control if your designing a MMO and runs in a smaller packet category which forces you to abide by stricter standards. End result is a more optimized approach.

ShatterGlassGames and RoyS like this.
  40. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Yes, I am replacing Art, also adding Art, new tree shopping mechanic, gathering, weapon/tool upgrade system, swimming(a little buggy but works), growing plants (WIP), and more. I'm not working my ass off to just make an asset flip. If that was the case I would have released it a couple months ago along the many you can find in steam.

41. Saiga308

Saiga308

The reason I asked was not to insinuate that you are asset flipping, but to make a point about you not wanting to release a demo for feedback unless it had save capability. Based on what you are saying about said features, it sounds like you could release a demo and get some good feedback rather than just throwing in the towel until somebody writes a save system or you eventually figure it out yourself. I say release the demo.

jesseganey likes this.
  42. gegebel

gegebel

It would be better to make a save system independent from 3rd party software. Not everyone wants to use other software, or even have the money for it, even though it's cheap.

43. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

I think a save plugins might be problematic with the integration of multiplayer in future upgrade also not? it would be preferable to code it directly with US

44. gegebel

gegebel

I agree, but you'd need both single and multiplayer save systems. While it doesn't really matter where you save in SP, in multiplayer you'd need to save on server. These are 2 very different systems

45. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Exactly ;)

46. Cuenca3dStudio

Cuenca3dStudio

How do I do that?. I´m trying to change the scene after killing a Boss. but I keep getting that error

47. Cuenca3dStudio

Cuenca3dStudio

Did you fix it? I can´t

48. Cuenca3dStudio

Cuenca3dStudio

Hi! I´m having trouble trying to change an Scene after Killing an Cannibal. I´d Change the "Entity Death Handler" to trigger a SceneManager.LoadScene("SceneName") but when it´s trigger, after loads the new scene i got this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objetc

UltimateSurvival.GUISystem.Hotbar.Update()
    (at Asstes/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.GUISystem/Gameplay/Other/Hotbar.cs:113)

How Can I fix this?

49. Saiga308

Saiga308

You can still use something like Easy Save for Multiplayer. It really just depends on how you want to setup your server architecture. Games like RUST and ARK store the users save information on the server in files. It's really easy to do with Easy Save and Steam. You just save and load your save file as the users SteamID on the server. There are a lot of other ways to do it. You need to figure out your server architecture before you start writing save systems. I use Master Server Framework. It's free and works amazing. I currently run a game with 10-15 players with absolutely no issues on my dedicated server which is also running RUST, ARK and SQUAD dedicated servers.

50. Supgarn

Supgarn

What happen i wait for 6 months but why 0.2 isn't finish. when it near time to finish you will add more feature in trello

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.